Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,159 members, 7,890,926 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 01:40 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (244) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (891679 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sleekysoft(m): 10:46am On Feb 13, 2019
Get your gcms note ma, contact me and we start from there !! Don’t be panic relax

BTW why program are you going for? What have you been doing from days of graduating till now ?

StacieG:

Help!Help!!!Help!!!

My TRV got denied exactly 1 month 1 applied (Jan 12)

Profile and Docs Submitted

All CIC forms
Birth Certificates of siblings
Bsc. Academic Transcript
Studied Computer Engineering. Graduated in 2010 but done several certifications in my field lately(Comptia A+,CCNA,CCNP and Java)
CAC Certificate of my Businesses
Self Sponsor
Police Character Certificate

Financial Status

Fixed Deposit of N5m
Closing balance on my 2 Personal SOA 7.5m
Inflow & Outflow in between 6 months was more than 100m
4 months Business Acct statements with an inflow and outflow of over 150m and balance of over 5m

Real Estate
Have Properties worth 400m in my Name
Contract of sale for all the Properties
Surveys in my Name
Copy of Recent Land use Charge on my name
CAC Certificate of my Real Estate
4 years Acct Statement showing annual Rents and receipts. Renewable October every year

Travel History
Been Traveling since 2009
Been to Dubai 3 times
Lost count on European Trip(UK,France and Italy) with average stay less than 30days. Travel once or twice in a year

Job Description

I’m a Network Engineer with Salary less than 500k and I’ve been working since 2012. I’m Business Oriented but have passion to study more. Could have done my Msc. here but distraction and calls will be too much. So my Business is on auto-pilot. Can be managed by my husband which I included in my application.

Reason for Refusal: 1. Purpose of Visit. VO wasn’t sure I will return. I’m married with 2 kids but traveling alone while husband and kids will stay here

2. Personal assets and Financial Status. I beg to disagree on this but willing to learn from everyone here.

I must say I’m not soo good keeping money in the bank. I invest every little penny I have but I was able to fix 5m and annual Rent from Tenants(4m) were what I used as POF. I have requested for gcms note though but before then what could be wrong with my application?
Are they expecting the money to be in the bank for a certain period of time? School resume in april, thinking I can reapply on time but waiting for gcms note before I will reapply. I’ve also been denied visiting visa with family 2yrs ago. Purpose of Visit that we won’t return back to Nigeria. I later got to know it was the period so many families who got US Visa were crossing to Canada declaring asylum. So that application was wrongly timed

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 11:04am On Feb 13, 2019
StacieG:

Help!Help!!!Help!!!

All CIC forms
Bsc. Academic Transcript
Studied Computer Engineering. Graduated in 2010 but done several certifications in my field lately(Comptia A+,CCNA,CCNP and Java)
Self Sponsor

Financial Status

Fixed Deposit of N5m
4 months Business Acct statements with an inflow and outflow of over 150m and balance of over 5m

Real Estate
Surveys in my Name
4 years Acct Statement showing annual Rents and receipts. Renewable October every year

Travel History
Been to Dubai 3 times
Lost count on European Trip(UK,France and Italy) with average stay less than 30days. Travel once or twice in a year

Job Description

I’m a Network Engineer with Salary less than 500k and I’ve been working since 2012. I’m Business Oriented but have passion to study more. Could have done my Msc. here but distraction and calls will be too much. So my Business is on auto-pilot. Can be managed by my husband which I included in my application.

Reason for Refusal: 1. Purpose of Visit. VO wasn’t sure I will return. I’m married with 2 kids but traveling alone while husband and kids will stay here

2. Personal assets and Financial Status. I beg to disagree on this but willing to learn from everyone here.

I must say I’m not soo good keeping money in the bank. I invest every little penny I have but I was able to fix 5m and annual Rent from Tenants(4m) were what I used as POF. I have requested for gcms note though but before then what could be wrong with my application?
Are they expecting the money to be in the bank for a certain period of time? School resume in april, thinking I can reapply on time but waiting for gcms note before I will reapply. I’ve also been denied visiting visa with family 2yrs ago. Purpose of Visit that we won’t return back to Nigeria. I later got to know it was the period so many families who got US Visa were crossing to Canada declaring asylum. So that application was wrongly timed

What route was your application and it was processed by which visa office?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 12:20pm On Feb 13, 2019
teejay2018:

Congratulations
Hello Everyone.
Following the tradition of the house, I would like to share my TRV story hoping it will bless someone.

Sorry for the long post.And sorry I've not done this sooner.

First, All thanks to the Almighty God who began and also completed the good work. To him be glory alone. The "I did this" "I did that" you'll be seeing in this post is simply Him and no one else.

In 2016, I started looking into Canada against Fall 2017, I reached out to so many research supervisors. In the end, only 2 responded; one from Waterloo and the other from Ryerson. (But before then, I found a Nigerian in Usask who was lecturing there at that time, so I reached out to him, He accepted me with open arms and started mentoring me through mails on Canada's academic system and how to write research interest, how to contact supervisor, the choice of words and how to follow up. He told me to always make friends with the Program secretaries because they have high clearances more than i think, cos sometimes, they might be part of the quorum that forms the admission commitee).

On the long run, both of them showed interest in my research and said they were willing to supervise me, so I submitted application. After 24 minutes skype interview with the Waterloo supervisor, she said she will make sure to do her part to see to my admission, but apparently the schools had other plans. In few weeks, both schools turned down my application after weeks of hectic research and writing statement of interests. I really spent so much money on making calls to Canada then. From their secretaries to supervisors, to the Directors of both programs, I kept sending mails, but when i realized it was taking time to get responses through mails, i will call them. I was trying to find out what went wrong with my applications. They eventually let me in on the school's policy of not admitting international students when the school or the research supervisor cannot demonstrate a reasonable level of funding for them. They also said my cGPAs were not really high/competitive. BSc (3.75) MSc (Mphil/PhD).

Back to square one, between 2016/2017 and 2017/2018 application, i reached out to over 80 supervisors from different universities (according to my email "sent" folder) in Canada; 4 were willing- 3 thesis and 1 project option (as last resort). Ryerson gave me admission for the thesis (same supervisor said she's still interested in my research but I had to include it in my statement of interest that i can fund myself) while Dalhousie for the project option. Other 2 schools, no admission.

TRV started June 18th, nothing till October. then the moniker Lotusboi shared his TRV approval story and how his application was held back in New Zealand through Gcms note. i contacted him, he kindly walked me through ordering for gcms notes(Nov 16). Fall admission passed, i deferred to January with updated LOA (Nov 13th). After 6 days of ordering for gcms note, medical request dropped, Lotusboi also walked me through that, I did medicals the next day by God's grace, medicals passed(Nov 28th) and like Lotusboi, whose application was approved the same morning he passed his medicals, i began to wait for approval on Nov 28th (longest day in November). December going, nothing, I applied for another gcms note (Dec 28th), gcms came in Jan 28th.

Sleekysoft story dropped on Nairaland, He wrote appraisal mentioning Frankrobben, I kukuma contacted them both (lol), they both checked my gcms notes and kept firing me up with words of encouragement. Admission deadline had passed (January 11), the school said i will have to reapply. Applied against Fall 2019. I sent webform to IRCC using this link
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx (on Feb 4) just to get update on my application.
PPR dropped Feb 5th. Awaiting passport collection.

DOCS SUBMITTED

-Letter of Acceptance
-I didn't pay the 1k CAD deposit fee- Tis non-refundable so I attached the email correspondence from the program secretary that i should hold on till I get a positive decision on my Visa application. Mentioned it in SOP.
-I was also privileged to get a 7k CAD stipend from program director after complaining to my supervisor (thanks to God for her) that my funds might not be enough, so she spoke to him on my behalf to drop something. The woman really tried for me sha . I attached the letter of support addressed to me from the program director (explaining i will be given 7k CDN for payment for 2 TA positions, but detailing that the funds will be given whether i get the TA positions or not).
-CIC documents
-BSc and MSc cert and transcripts. Int. passport,
-Employment, Confirmation, Introduction letters from work
-Letter of Intent (SOP)(2 Pages)
-Resume
-Siblings birth cert and IDs
-Father- sponsor- Retirement letter, Gratuity, Pension letter and sponsorship letter.
-Father's SOA- 6 months (of Personal business; opening-208k, closing-9M, but good inflow/outflow)
-Father's House plan.
-Land properties (just survey plans and agreement)
My SOA (opening-83k; closing-110k, fixed deposit-450k)

NOTE: Forgot to add Police report and one other document(a Letter of Support from an Engineering Firm that agreed to release their resources to pilot-scale the findings of my research when I return as I explained in my SOP- I forgot to add it)

This my app is simply God's mercy and nothing else.

I"m sorry for the long post, just hope it encourages someone.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by vibrant99(m): 12:45pm On Feb 13, 2019
The truth is that, If you submitted all you just said and wrote because you want to Travel to Canada?

1. It Is Just Too much of a document !

2. Be precise in your analysis, Just like what you wrote here about yourself and application is contradicting!

3. When you finally calm down to Reapply, don't add or remove anything from what you said you applied with.

You want to travel doesn't mean you have to Bring all sorts of wealth that you posses as a Tie back home, allow them make some suggestions too with the little you provided.

StacieG:

Help!Help!!!Help!!!

All CIC forms
Bsc. Academic Transcript
Self Sponsor

Financial Status

Fixed Deposit of N5m

Real Estate
Surveys in my Name

Travel History
Been to Dubai 3 times

Job Description

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Restricted: 1:42pm On Feb 13, 2019
I was just thinking the same. Those funds and documents are way too much.

vibrant99:
The truth is that, If you submitted all you just said and wrote because you want to Travel to Canada?

1. It Is Just Too much of a document !

2. Be precise in your analysis, Just like what you wrote here about yourself and application is contradicting!

3. When you finally calm down to Reapply, don't add or remove anything from what you said you applied with.

You want to travel doesn't mean you have to Bring all sorts of wealth that you posses as a Tie back home, allow them make some suggestions too with the little you provided.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Kendrick213: 1:46pm On Feb 13, 2019
Looks like he is an agent, he is in sifia pains because this forum frowns at applicants using agent so he wants to run down the forum too , but we smarter than this cheap vice. Next!
makano:
So if everybody is like you and decide not to assist peeps because you dont have ur Visa yet, how will this thread be informative. For ur Information 2 of the most knowledgeable gurus here presently i.e frankrobbn1, jnyuwa02 havnt gotten their Visas yet but when they answer questions here, you will think they work in the embassy cos of the depth of information they possess. Also if you have been reading this thread from the beginning, you will see where peeps that have gotten their visas thank Frankrobbn1 and other gurus for contributing to their success whereas they havnt gotten their own Visa yet. Even me, 3 of the peeps that I have personally guided have gotten their Visa while am still waiting for my own. Also most of the peeps that have gotten their Visa, once they enter Canada, they forget about this thread, so if someone that is very knowledgeable about this Visa application do not render help here because he or she doesn't have a Visa yet, who will now answer the questions that the newbies post here and how will this thread be more active? So Mr man I will advise if you don't have anything meaningful to say, you can just be a silent reader and do not discourage peeps that are doing a good Job here.. You can come for me tho, it wont remove anything from me.. Peace

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by obazi: 2:21pm On Feb 13, 2019
Hello guyz,am writing my SOP now. Can I write the information about my tuition fees on my SOP
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by docsaj: 2:45pm On Feb 13, 2019
Hello House, pls can anyone help. I've read through this thread from Part 1 - not word for word o - i cant find any information on how to pay the $150 study permit fee. Can one use the naira mastercard?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Dan1936: 2:55pm On Feb 13, 2019
APPROVAL APPROVAL APPROVAL
IT JUST DROPPED!

PRAISE THE LORD !!!!!!

18 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by asianachuki: 3:03pm On Feb 13, 2019
Dear Sleekysoft, please check mail.

Many thanks.
sleekysoft:
Get your gcms note ma, contact me and we start from there !! Don’t be panic relax

BTW why program are you going for? What have you been doing from days of graduating till now ?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by OOAAD: 3:17pm On Feb 13, 2019
Hello House,

Please does linking paper route application to an online account automatically turn the application to be online route?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 3:22pm On Feb 13, 2019
You didnt specify through which route u are applying. For paper route, you will pay with ur cash at hand. While online, obviously you will make use of ur Debit card. When applying for my application online, I made use of my Naira Mastercard., hope this helps.. Peace
docsaj:
Hello House, pls can anyone help. I've read through this thread from Part 1 - not word for word o - i cant find any information on how to pay the $150 study permit fee. Can one use the naira mastercard?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by vibrant99(m): 3:35pm On Feb 13, 2019
Go ahead , Use ur NAIRA MASTERCARD...

Our MASTERCARD get quality now ooo, Can be USED in more than 500 Countries, (If they reach)

docsaj:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ormohlawlah: 3:41pm On Feb 13, 2019
Dan1936:
IT JUST DROPPED!

PRAISE THE LORD !!!!!!
Yaaay another June applicant..congrats
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sleekysoft(m): 3:54pm On Feb 13, 2019
Done

asianachuki:
Dear Sleekysoft, please check mail.

Many thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by docsaj: 4:02pm On Feb 13, 2019
Ok thanks a lot - @Makano and @Vibrant 99. Using online route.

makano:
You didnt specify through which route u are applying. For paper route, you will pay with ur cash at hand. While online, obviously you will make use of ur Debit card. When applying for my application online, I made use of my Naira Mastercard., hope this helps.. Peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by StacieG: 4:08pm On Feb 13, 2019
Restricted:
I was just thinking the same. Those funds and documents are way too much.

Actually these were the same docs submitted 2 years ago when I n Hubby applied. Couldn’t have hide anything for them because they have them on file already most especially my hair Business. It’s easy to verify online. Imagine if they find that out on their own.
We’ve seen people with 100m SOA that got approval before and someone with zero balance also got approval. It’s just to show sustainability. So, don’t see it as show of wealth. My gcms note will give an insight but before then, advise is all I need

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by xcaper(m): 4:10pm On Feb 13, 2019
Congrats, please share your time line and details of document submitted for Visa. Thank you
Dan1936:
IT JUST DROPPED!

PRAISE THE LORD !!!!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by StacieG: 4:14pm On Feb 13, 2019
vibrant99:

They actually have them on file since 2 years ago when we applied for visiting. It’s just a repetition. If we wan run away we would have done that with our valid US Visas. 9ja sweet ooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Dan1936: 4:16pm On Feb 13, 2019
Here is my profile

I applied June 8th

Biometrics June 18th or so

DOCUMENTS

1)sop
2)Statement of account wig 450m turn over and 16.5m final balance
3) transfer of asset from my sponsor ( notorized)
4) affidavit of support
5) waec scratch card and result
6) transcript
7) pictures of myself and sponsor
cool state of identification (both for sponsor and myself, showing we are from the same kindred)
9)birth certificate
10) international passport of sponsor
11) receipt of tuition deposit
12) acceptance letter
13) baptism certificate from church showingy sponsor is also my god father
14) the account statement showed he paid my fees, sent me 12k cad for living expenses and showed salary he paid me while working in his company.
15) sponsor is my uncle
16) letter from my father showing he is aware

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Dan1936: 4:23pm On Feb 13, 2019
[quote author=Dan1936 post=75695738]Here is my profile

I applied June 8th

Biometrics June 18th or so

DOCUMENTS

1)sop
2)Statement of account wig 450m turn over and 16.5m final balance
3) transfer of asset from my sponsor ( notorized)
4) affidavit of support
5) waec scratch card and result
6) transcript
7) pictures of myself and sponsor
cool state of identification (both for sponsor and myself, showing we are from the same kindred)
9)birth certificate
10) international passport of sponsor
11) receipt of tuition deposit
12) acceptance letter
13) baptism certificate from church showingy sponsor is also my god father
14) the account statement showed he paid my fees, sent me 12k cad for living expenses and showed salary he paid me while working in his company.
15) sponsor is my uncle
16) letter from my father showing he is aware
17) CAC certificate of sponsors company
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by dubaiboy1: 4:24pm On Feb 13, 2019
Congratulations.. I’m happy for you .

Dan1936:
IT JUST DROPPED!

PRAISE THE LORD !!!!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Godatwork23: 4:25pm On Feb 13, 2019
Congratulations. God wey do your own go do our own. -

Dan1936:
IT JUST DROPPED!

PRAISE THE LORD !!!!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Restricted: 4:33pm On Feb 13, 2019
I forgot to ask, did you intend to travel with your kids or not? I assume they are 10yrs and below. If not, why?

I lady was recently approved. Shes traveling with her 3kids cos she cannot leave them alone with her husband. Her SOA is just 6M. Well, like you said, your gcms note will shed more light on what went wrong. No hope lost

StacieG:

Actually these were the same docs submitted 2 years ago when I n Hubby applied. Couldn’t have hide anything for them because they have them on file already most especially my hair Business. It’s easy to verify online. Imagine if they find that out on their own.
We’ve seen people with 100m SOA that got approval before and someone with zero balance also got approval. It’s just to show sustainability. So, don’t see it as show of wealth. My gcms note will give an insight but before then, advise is all I need
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Determinedsoul: 4:36pm On Feb 13, 2019
Congrats dr. Happy for you.

MINE WILL SOON LAND BY HIS GRACE!

Dan1936:
IT JUST DROPPED!

PRAISE THE LORD !!!!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by gatsbym4(m): 4:38pm On Feb 13, 2019
Maestro001:

Yes I applied for fall semester since last year June ;I got my admission just last week .
What course are you going for. !?

Applied for fall semester 2019
Administrative professional: Executive
I applied about a month ago
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 5:18pm On Feb 13, 2019
Congrats oo... January people,any Update??
Dan1936:
IT JUST DROPPED!

PRAISE THE LORD !!!!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by vibrant99(m): 5:33pm On Feb 13, 2019
Another side to the story, This wasnt included in the story of Rejection, anyone advising you now won't know you have a history with the Canadian Embassy.... People are just Incomplete, I wonder why you had to bring up all this documents, sorry to say oo, Na run you wan Run.

StacieG:

They actually have them on file since 2 years ago when we applied for visiting. It’s just a repetition. If we wan run away we would have done that with our valid US Visas. 9ja sweet ooo

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sleekysoft(m): 5:49pm On Feb 13, 2019
Congrats
Dan1936:
IT JUST DROPPED!

PRAISE THE LORD !!!!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by StacieG: 6:36pm On Feb 13, 2019
vibrant99:
Another side to the story, This wasnt included in the story of Rejection, anyone advising you now won't know you have a history with the Canadian Embassy.... People are just Incomplete, I wonder why you had to bring up all this documents, sorry to say oo, Na run you wan Run.

Don’t be sarcastic. Read what I wrote up there then come back or let reasonable people offer advice.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ijebuboy525: 6:41pm On Feb 13, 2019
JennyKadry2:

Yea, I thought as much. Thanks. She submitted her passport and has been told it's ready for collection

No. I live in Australia. She has cousins(of same/similar age) in Canada and that's why she chose Canada. "Me", I am too old to be her friend grin

Hi, I sent you a DM

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (546)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Lets Talk About Estonia / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.