Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,883 members, 7,872,907 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:57 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (367) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (885438 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 3:12pm On Apr 11, 2019
riosworos:
Hello houz

Do I have to get police certificates for the 4 different countries I have lived in for more than 6 months or just for Naija alone for my study visa application?

...at least for the last foreign country you stayed for more than 6 months but if you feel the need of undergoing the tediousness of getting a police certificate/clearance for the four countries, it will likewise help your application in terms of time saving/swift decision in the verification process of your immigration status, admissibility, records in all four country.

Do well to include a Nigeria police clearance even if its not mandatory.

My opinion
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by 4evaco: 3:14pm On Apr 11, 2019
Greetings to all. I am very excited to be here. Been following this thread silently hoping to see if there are related cases that have addressed my concerns in previous posts. Many thanks to all who have consistently provided useful guidance here. Please I would appreciate your expert opinions in my case. I secured a research scholarship worth 21500cad annually for a 4-year PhD program at McMaster University. I am aware that this amount may not suffice and would need to more funds so I intend using my parents who have in the past sponsored my Masters in the UK. My father is a retiree and my mother is a stay-at home wife. They have several landed properties and can give me SOA worth 11+m. I have five siblings and 2 are gainfully employed. One is on NYSC and the other is job hunting. I am married with a 1+ year old. My work experience and previous qualifications are related to my intended PhD course. However, I took a maternity break and have not worked actively in the past 1+ year. So, I have not been gainfully employed. But I have been engaged in some volunteer productive activities like writing academic papers. I intend applying for my study permit by the end of this month as my program starts in Sept 2019. Please I would appreciate any helpful guidance on how to strengthen my chances of getting a visa. Thank you all in advance @frankrobbn @austacus @chibertha @justmellow @qudkom and all the experts in the house.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by 4evaco: 3:49pm On Apr 11, 2019
I think you should send your transcript if it is one of the requirements. I didn't send mine to my school and I was given a conditional offer so I had to quickly request the schools I attended to send them so that I can meet the conditions before applying for visa.

Okay, my status is reading department recommend and I have also received an email to that effect. However, I am also supposed to receive an official letter from the school graduate commission which I can then use for my visa application. I am wondering if I need to start sending my transcript now or do I wait till the official letter comes? Can you please help me out (any one in the thread who is knowledgeable in this area) as school starts end of August and I wouldn't want to waste time. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 3:51pm On Apr 11, 2019
Tshoow:
This is encouraging. Congrats. A quick question though, is it compulsory to submit my transcript along with my application?
No it isn't, but if you are struggling to provide valuable point to the VO on how your intended program correlates with previous degree and sll then I suggest you attach the transcript so the course prerequisites can be seen. But ir is primarily not necessary some people don't even attach any education credential.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Biot34: 3:53pm On Apr 11, 2019
I have Bsc in microbiology already in Nigeria and I decided to study certificate in health studied and I have gotten acceptance letter. I,have gotten refused December 8, pls I need advice
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 3:56pm On Apr 11, 2019
4evaco:
Greetings to all. I am very excited to be here. Been following this thread silently hoping to see if there are related cases that have addressed my concerns in previous posts. Many thanks to all who have consistently provided useful guidance here. Please I would appreciate your expert opinions in my case. I secured a research scholarship worth 21500cad annually for a 4-year PhD program at McMaster University. I am aware that this amount may not suffice and would need to more funds so I intend using my parents who have in the past sponsored my Masters in the UK. My father is a retiree and my mother is a stay-at home wife. They have several landed properties and can give me SOA worth 11+m. I have five siblings and 2 are gainfully employed. One is on NYSC and the other is job hunting. I am married with a 1+ year old. My work experience and previous qualifications are related to my intended PhD course. However, I took a maternity break and have not worked actively in the past 1+ year. So, I have not been gainfully employed. But I have been engaged in some volunteer productive activities like writing academic papers. I intend applying for my study permit by the end of this month as my program starts in Sept 2019. Please I would appreciate any helpful guidance on how to strengthen my chances of getting a visa. Thank you all in advance @frankrobbn @austacus @chibertha @justmellow @qudkom and all the experts in the house.

Firstly, congratulations on your phd letter. It's a monumental achievement to get that from a top top!!! University. You should gather the following:
1. Since you are research inclined have the supervisors et all you've worked with give ou a reference letter to back your claims. That way you begin a comprehensive timeline of your activities since your last academic program.

2. You still need to show proof of finance most especially living expense so your parents soa is acceptable together with their property documents (2-3) is fine.

3. You also need a detailed SOP to explain why and what you intend to do after your phd program.

Other than this I think you are ready, those VO's won't know what hit them. All the best and we are all rooting for a successful application. All the best.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 3:59pm On Apr 11, 2019
Biot34:
I have Bsc in microbiology already in Nigeria and I decided to study certificate in health studied and I have gotten acceptance letter. I,have gotten refused December 8, pls I need advice

Certificate? ? Hiw does that show progression in your studies. Adcanced diploma, msc or post baccalaureate diploma in a relevant field should be your aim. Please review your academic plan to avoid another refusal. You also didn't specify why your previous application was declined.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 4:08pm On Apr 11, 2019
Phantomcole:

Hello Austacus

I need you to please point me, as I’m still trying to understand things and the processes.

Thanks for your help again

I’m to submit my application and I need to know what files to combine and how to attach not to make mistakes.

I will really appreciate your time if you could point me.

Thanks a lot

Kindly rephrase your question
I don’t understand what you saying
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Schonebaby: 4:13pm On Apr 11, 2019
4evaco:

Congratulations darling. I love seeing more African women phds.
Check your tuition against your funding. Do you have an excess of 10,000 + after tuition deduction? If so, just get your mum or dad to attach their account statement or source of fund as a supplement. Let the person (the parent ) write a letter of support not sponsorship that he/she is aware of your funding from school and wants to support you for travelling expenses and miscellaneous costs.

Make sure in your imm 1294e form, You stress in the funding/ sponsor part it's ' University full Ph.D funding. Let them know it's your source of fund. You'll have no problem. I wish you the best!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by peruz: 4:48pm On Apr 11, 2019
Your contributions is highly appreciated.
mcobex:
Do you have document to prove ownership of the said property? If yes, then include them in your app and state it in your SOP.
That said, home-tie can be family members, properties, job offer waiting for you back in Nigeria after your study in Canada.....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by peruz: 4:53pm On Apr 11, 2019
Thanks for your contribution.I was able to pick an answer.It's better to use the properties as hometies instead of flooding the application with documents that are not extremely needed.
JustMellow:

Your question can be categorized into two areas of both:

1. Home ties: Your hereditary property can serve as both a solid home tie and a source of funds especially if its a rental property were the necessity of including a lease contract/agreement, lease receipt, and other utility bill(s) payment invoices/receipt/telex; with the inclusion of your/the property documents(get a lawyer to do/prepare a legal/formal document of transfer to your name).

But in the case of it not being a rental/economic property, the documents would serve absolutely.

2. Source of funds: This can be referenced properly in your SOP/LOE with proper evidence as support that this funds derived/profited from the economic property will also cobtribute to sustain your miscellaneous expenses/back up funds outside your LE etc

If as "part" of the hereditary property or not, that you getting paid yearly, show evidence/proof like telex transactions(at least for 3yrs), an authenticated written document/letter to the effect, and any relevant related documents etc

"in my opinion as regarding immigration," your car can only be referred to as valuable if its a source of funds. If this be the case, an evidence/proof like proof of ownership, Hackney permit(to load and convey passengers) singled out from the rest particulars(you might decide to include others), and maybe a park tax payment receipts/sticker/ticket etc

BTW its good to keep your application simple. This is just a suggestive hint.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Asapant: 5:13pm On Apr 11, 2019
Bracha. The Inquiry I'm making is if it possible I get access to the internet at VFS so as to download the IMM forms and fill with their computer at VFS. I think I ealier explained the issue am facing. Do you dig what am saying?
Moreover the Online route is giving me headache.
Bracha:
I don't think this is possible, you have to fill it using a computer. There are cyber cafes close to vfs but they charge very high. I'll advise you use a cyber cafe close to your house if you don't have data to download Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by TheAfrikan: 5:28pm On Apr 11, 2019
Qudkom:

Certificate? ? Hiw does that show progression in your studies. Adcanced diploma, msc or post baccalaureate diploma in a relevant field should be your aim. Please review your academic plan to avoid another refusal. You also didn't specify why your previous application was declined.

I don't think the academic plan is the problem here.... My visa was approved and my course was a different field (same industry though) and also a diploma after I already had a professional degree with a solid result... I think he/she should provide more information to the refusal for proper tackling. smiley

Congratulations on your approval. grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 5:29pm On Apr 11, 2019
Asapant:
Bracha. The Inquiry I'm making is if it possible I get access to the internet at VFS so as to download the IMM forms and fill with their computer at VFS. I think I ealier explained the issue am facing. Do you dig what am saying?
Moreover the Online route is giving me headache.

You won’t have access to their computer.
If the online route is giving you headaches then subscribe to paper route
Besides Nairobi is in charge of both route for study permit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 5:33pm On Apr 11, 2019
Lynks201:
Good evening guru in the house. I'm new here on naira land, I'm interested seeking a Canadian student visa an agent is requesting for 400,000 naira... Pls I need a valid number from this group I can call and talk to pls in order not to fall in the hands of wrong hands

You can do this yourself by putting some extra work..., read 1-15 pages of this thread
If things ain't clear to you, you come back here to ask questions you can as well do some research online.
Above all, if you can't do it yourself, go ahead and pay the 400k to your agent.

Good luck to you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Asapant: 5:54pm On Apr 11, 2019
Am referring to the cyber cafe near the VFS office not the VFS itself
Austacus:

You won’t have access to their computer.
If the online route is giving you headaches then subscribe to paper route
Besides Nairobi is in charge of both route for study permit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 6:02pm On Apr 11, 2019
Asapant:
Am referring to the cyber cafe near the VFS office not the VFS itself

Those guys will chop u raw...they will probably sell that form to u...each fir 5k

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 6:11pm On Apr 11, 2019
Lynks201:
Good evening guru in the house. I'm new here on naira land, I'm interested seeking a Canadian student visa an agent is requesting for 400,000 naira... Pls I need a valid number from this group I can call and talk to pls in order not to fall in the hands of wrong hands

If u turned up to this forum, then u don't need an agent....if u are ready to do it yourself, start reading from the beginning of the thread to date..it takes time but all the info u need are all here, including the one your agent don't have a clue about....wen u are confused, u come and ask...we will all reply

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 6:13pm On Apr 11, 2019
I need an answer to something, I might be one of the gurus but I need to ask..Wat does this eligibility stage entail?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Asapant: 6:27pm On Apr 11, 2019
Damn ! Merci boss.
042viber12:

Those guys will chop u raw...they will probably sell that form to u...each fir 5k
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by DMerciful(m): 6:46pm On Apr 11, 2019
I think it has to do with if you're eligible to study in Canada as well as if you've actually gained admission
042viber12:
I need an answer to something, I might be one of the gurus but I need to ask..Wat does this eligibility stage entail?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 7:09pm On Apr 11, 2019
TheAfrikan:

I don't think the academic plan is the problem here.... My visa was approved and my course was a different field (same industry though) and also a diploma after I already had a professional degree with a solid result... I think he/she should provide more information to the refusal for proper tackling. smiley

Congratulations on your approval. grin

Thanks bro. My point here is you cabt go for a diploma after a bsc rather an ADVANCED DI0LOMA or any other related program. Even me I got a visa to study an advanced diploma program.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Optimist4life: 7:10pm On Apr 11, 2019
Hello house pls I graduated with a second class lower in elect/elect eng (3.29) to be precise. Is there possibility of securing admission for masters in Canada?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by kylexy61(m): 7:11pm On Apr 11, 2019
SeriaBravo:
Yes, Nigeria is in the list.

That is why am asking here if those that had done theirs previously choose YES to this question.

I don't know if your question has been answered. You will have to download a certain IMM form, fill and upload. If I remember correctly, you literally only have to tick like 1 or 2 boxes or so in the form.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 7:12pm On Apr 11, 2019
Lynks201:

Please dont try it all you nees is on this platform. People here are willing to assist you in your quest to travel. If you need more Information or advice you can ask on this platform.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 7:50pm On Apr 11, 2019
Optimist4life:
Hello house pls I graduated with a second class lower in elect/elect eng (3.29) to be precise. Is there possibility of securing admission for masters in Canada?
No, seek other post graduate programs.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Optimist4life: 8:06pm On Apr 11, 2019
Qudkom:
No, seek other post graduate programs.
Thanks Bro, appreciate ur response

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 8:12pm On Apr 11, 2019
4evaco:

Hello 4evaco,

With this excerpt of information provided, it seems to me that this your application would scale through positively. The details is very straight forward but what you've failed to state in inclusion is:

1. The amount cost of your tuition fees

2. Current resident location

3. What's your Home ties to either your current resident location/home country outside your parents landed properties/your connection to their properties given your family composition

4. The funds available to you personally outside your parents 11m+

5. Your marital status which also would connect several dots in relating to your home ties and financial support - what position your spouse would be playing in this twist of SP and financial capacity.

6. Given you have an infant baby, if you is applying as a sole applicant or with an accompanying dependent(of your infant child)

Irrespective the case, this is a buildup assumption/assertion(though might as well be fact) from my opinionated hints which is as follows:

1. Sponsorship: Given that your parents has in the past acted as a reliable and capable sponsor for your Masters degree enables a cutting edge of credibility both in financial sufficiency and parental support for a child. There will be no need to doubt their sponsorship capability/prowess this time around, cast it out either via the window or via the back door because such doubt doesn't worth casting through the front door.

Your family composition is perfectly okay as your siblings are "almost" not reliant on your parents for "most" of their necessities except maybe for one serving/doing NYSC which could also be converted to your own sponsorship advantage of, in quote: "my parents have 5 children and only 1 of the 5 is dependent of them" when constructing your SOP. This gives the VO a clear view of your family composition, killing two birds with one stone of been:

a. Able to meet financial requirement/sufficiency with your parents 11m+ sponsorship funds. This would be more certain and concrete if you can show at least some funds to cater of your LE in your personal account statement. If also your father has a pension account(even if the funds isn't huge), it would go a distance to support the traditional account.

b. That at the point of your sponsorship, despite their own personal "parental" needs, their is "not much" of "children" responsibilities to cater for given to the family composition. This dots can be further connected and related upon intuitively with your SOP.

2. Home ties: Relating to this subject in the aforementioned list of details you omitted, its unclear to give a state of your current place of residence but I would place an assumption of you been oversea which would require you showing to "an extent," some ties of either economic or social there and same similarity applies to your home country. This gives the VO no choice of being an opportunist to critical scrutinize your application/eligibility in this area.

Nonetheless, showing ties to your home country could be more easier owing to the fact that your parents have several landed properties which in the case you don't have your personal property, they can easily gift you one or state you in an authenticated written document as a heir. In all, your home ties must be social or economical, or both.

I will stop here.

I hope this answers your question/ease your curiosity to an extent.

Good luck!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by chibertha(f): 8:13pm On Apr 11, 2019
the most up to date information on this can be gotten from both CIC and VFS websites.

SLEEMYDRIZ:
Good morning House
Please how much is Canada tourist visa Fee
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) ... (546)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / German Embassy And Visa / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.