Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,878 members, 7,872,895 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:01 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (372) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (885427 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 10:21pm On Apr 12, 2019
Anamekele:
Place can anyone help i am supposed to start on first week of may but no medical request yet since I did my biometric on 18th March. I don't really know what to do because my admission has no more deferment.

Have you sent mails to them.....wen did u apply for the visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 10:25pm On Apr 12, 2019
Quick one.... pls I initially booked for upfront medicals at Qlife, but now I have gotten official medical request...can I call to tell them I want to do it this coming week cos the initial date I was given was May 16th, I no won wait as e dy hot now ...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 10:25pm On Apr 12, 2019
Thanks my Guru.... That mail u drafted to me actually worked, my upfront medical was updated a day after I sent them the mail, u are too much.. My fingers are crossed tho..
Frankrobbn1:

Be hopeful my good friend Makano (The Man of Action with Zero Tolerance)..... I am optimistic that your application will be a success. Trust God! Your success story is close by.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 10:27pm On Apr 12, 2019
Just call them you have gotten ur medical request, they should give u next week.. They take Medical request with top priority.. U dont even need to mention u had an upfront medicals apointment except the day they will give u will be after the upfront medical date.. My opinion tho.. But am sure they will give u a very closer day than the upfront... Peace
042viber12:
Quick one.... pls I initially booked for upfront medicals at Qlife, but now I have gotten official medical request...can I call to tell them I want to do it this coming week cos the initial date I was give was May 16th...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 10:28pm On Apr 12, 2019
Amen.. we all shall celebrate las las.. Thanks bro
litterbug:
Congrats in advance, God that has brought you this far is still on the throne and will finish the Good he has started. We shall all celebrate by Gods grace.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 10:29pm On Apr 12, 2019
042viber12:
Quick one.... pls I initially booked for upfront medicals at Qlife, but now I have gotten official medical request...can I call to tell them I want to do it this coming week cos the initial date I was given was May 16th, I no won wait as e dy hot now ...

Wow you have to do it within 30days or risk your study visa canceled. This clincs are always booked especially qlife did mine there. So call them again and start looking at other options asap!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 10:30pm On Apr 12, 2019
Thanks Guru Austacus.. Will start using ur hint to facilitate my passport request... grin
Austacus:

Another big anticipating news
Congratulations in advance my Oga Makano grin grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by xcaper(m): 10:31pm On Apr 12, 2019
How easy is it to study over there without funding? Can one get a job that will pay one enough to be able to meet up with tuition and living expenses?
Mijac:

No funding oo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Mijac: 10:43pm On Apr 12, 2019
xcaper:
How easy is it to study over there without funding? Can one get a job that will pay one enough to be able to meet up with tuition and living expenses?

I doubt that. Pls try to get a sponsor. I believe that will help.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by hardeholar1(m): 10:54pm On Apr 12, 2019
For those having challenges on which segment to put each document here you have it
Credit to johnsnow 007

1. All IMM forms should be uploaded to their respective column.

2. Letter of admission/acceptance should be upload to its provide column alone

3. Proof of funds: Sponsor's letter, CAC, Tax clearance, School fees receipt, Affidavit of sponsorship, scholarship certificate, and any documents proving to be financial of sponsor etc

4. Client information column: Degree certificates, CV/Résumé, Transcript, Birth certificates, landed properties, SOP/LOE, Publication, PP biodata etc

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Anamekele: 11:49pm On Apr 12, 2019
042viber12:

Have you sent mails to them.....wen did u apply for the visa?
I applied on the 14th March 2019.
Please how can I send the mail. And email address please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 12:12am On Apr 13, 2019
Anamekele:

I applied on the 14th March 2019.
Please how can I send the mail. And email address please.

Ldnimmigration@international.gc.ca

Lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca
LAGOSIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by amozag2018: 1:08am On Apr 13, 2019
Congratulations bro and I rejoice with you.
042viber12:

As in ehhh....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Dexty10: 2:04am On Apr 13, 2019
Hello everyone.

I'm new here and would love to get assistance with my SOP. I've started application online and I need help with crafting a solid SOP. I've just been admitted to Mount Saint Vincent University for my Masters degree in Public Relations.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 3:34am On Apr 13, 2019
hardeholar1:
For those having challenges on which segment to put each document here you have it
Credit to johnsnow 007

1. All IMM forms should be uploaded to their respective column.

2. Letter of admission/acceptance should be upload to its provide column alone

3. Proof of funds: Sponsor's letter, CAC, Tax clearance, School fees receipt, Affidavit of sponsorship, scholarship certificate, and any documents proving to be financial of sponsor etc

4. Client information column: Degree certificates, CV/Résumé, Transcript, Birth certificates, landed properties, SOP/LOE, Publication, PP biodata etc

I go by the moniker justmellow here on NL but over there at the other fora its johnsnow007 grin

I guess by now you've filed your application successfully?

All the best!

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by JustMellow: 3:47am On Apr 13, 2019
Dexty10:
Hello everyone.

I'm new here and would love to get assistance with my SOP. I've started application online and I need help with crafting a solid SOP. I've just been admitted to Mount Saint Vincent University for my Masters degree in Public Relations.

Congratulations on your admission, build on the following points:

1. Introduction(talk little about yourself, your graduate course, and other relevant activities etc)

2a. why you choose the course (you intend to do, and how it will make you a better person to yourself and country)

2b. Benefits of the course(especially to yourself and your home country etc.. always mention your course to the interest of your country and self/career progression etc)

3. Why you choose Canada to study

4. Why the chosen University

5. Your (short and) long term plans( make sure you hint at returning back to your country after your propose program)

When writing from the beginning, always try to paint a picture of you returning back to your country

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Lbell59: 6:56am On Apr 13, 2019
Hi. I am a new applicant. My application was refused based on personal asset and financial status. Sponsor is a third party. Please I need advice on how to tackle this issue.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Lbell59: 7:07am On Apr 13, 2019
Here is a copy of my decision letter.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 7:29am On Apr 13, 2019
Lbell59:
Hi. I am a new applicant. My application was refused based on personal asset and financial status. Sponsor is a third party. Please I need advice on how to tackle this issue.
Sorry to hear this. There is still hope so dont give up. The financial aspect can be tackled using various methods:
1. Pay school fees for a semester
2. Show availability of living expenses.
3. 3rd party sponsorship are usually tricky and hard to convince vo's
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by justwise(m): 7:34am On Apr 13, 2019
Qudkom:

You can send an email if you need more guidance.

Please this will not continue for a long time here. It's not going to help this thread, let's keep information open for the benefit of others

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 7:36am On Apr 13, 2019
Anamekele:
Place can anyone help i am supposed to start on first week of may but no medical request yet since I did my biometric on 18th March. I don't really know what to do because my admission has no more deferment.
This Is very sensitive. This is what I will advise:
1. Send a webform or case specific enquiry asking for an update.
2. Try and contact the school to send a subtle reminder to cic.
3. I hope you've familiarised yourself with tuition refund policy of your school.
4. Schools normally cancel admission and even wont send tuition deposit if you dont claim it with a refusal letter from cic or fail to differ.

Please act fast. All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 7:38am On Apr 13, 2019
justwise:

Please this will not continue for a long time here. It's not going to help this thread, let's keep information open for the benefit of others

Thank you
I always provide vivid information here at all times. Sometimes people aren't willing to share the inner details of their applications.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by justwise(m): 7:46am On Apr 13, 2019
Qudkom:

I always provide vivid information here at all times. Sometimes people aren't willing to share the inner details of their applications.

That is not the bone of contention and there is nothing secret about getting a visa or admission, so like I said before let's keep things open here.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by chibertha(f): 8:10am On Apr 13, 2019
I know IOM is more expensive but call both Abuja (usually less crowded) and Lagos you might get a favorable date now now . Having a second option would be helpful at this time

As e de hot oh. I no want hear say.......
042viber12:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by OB411(m): 8:48am On Apr 13, 2019
042viber12:

To enable me plan ahead, I 'll like to know how much this cost?

Congrats once again!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Qudkom(m): 9:26am On Apr 13, 2019
IOM in ikeja charge- The amount payable is 41,400 for adults 15 yrs and above, 32,700 for applicants 11 to less than 15 yrs, 28,900for applicants 5 to  less than 11 yrs, 27,000 for applicants 0 to less than 5 yrs. All values are in Nigerian Naira.

Qlife- 35,000(Adults)

I did mine at Qlife family clinic. They request for your passport photograph and medical request for those that got it. After that you are called according to how you got there to pay and after that they give 3 tallies that come with different colours:
Tally A- blood test(HIV and syphilis)
Tally B- X-ray(You will enter a room and hug anxray machine to get your chest xray)
Tally C- body vitals; bp, eye sight (bring your glasses if you use one), check your height and weight.

Lastly, you will provide urine sample and see a doctor that will check your eyes, tongue and abdomen. The doctor will also ask about your medicsl history. It is advisable to get there early enough the process takes 3-5hrs. Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Anamekele: 9:27am On Apr 13, 2019
Qudkom:

This Is very sensitive. This is what I will advise:
1. Send a webform or case specific enquiry asking for an update.
2. Try and contact the school to send a subtle reminder to cic.
3. I hope you've familiarised yourself with tuition refund policy of your school.
4. Schools normally cancel admission and even wont send tuition deposit if you dont claim it with a refusal letter from cic or fail to differ.

Please act fast. All the best.

Thank you very much I will try the school but am afraid if they will make my case.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Dexty10: 10:05am On Apr 13, 2019
JustMellow:

Congratulations on your admission, build on the following points:

1. Introduction(talk little about yourself, your graduate course, and other relevant activities etc)

2a. why you choose the course (you intend to do, and how it will make you a better person to yourself and country)

2b. Benefits of the course(especially to yourself and your home country etc.. always mention your course to the interest of your country and self/career progression etc)

3. Why you choose Canada to study

4. Why the chosen University

5. Your (short and) long term plans( make sure you hint at returning back to your country after your propose program)

When writing from the beginning, always try to paint a picture of you returning back to your country

Very helpful.
Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) ... (546)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / German Embassy And Visa / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.