Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,758 members, 7,875,903 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:16 AM

"Equal Pay For Women"... Really?? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "Equal Pay For Women"... Really?? (1648 Views)

It's A Man That Will Pay For It. Stop Exposing It - Mum Scolds Daughter (Video) / What Do Our Women Really Want / Do Women Really Love Their Children More Than Their Husbands? And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Equal Pay For Women"... Really?? by monex(m): 10:20am On Oct 15, 2018
trustyshoess:

I know the difference and I was in fact talking about the gender pay gap. Gender discrimination in employment is one of the causes of the gender pay gap

the discrimination is the one that should be fought. You don't try to control outcomes, you focus on the causative factors.

Some of the causative factors are individual choices and should be respected. However, where a causative factor borders on discrimination or denying one an opportunity due to gender then it is something we should all fight for.

I have seen organisations trying to control outcomes. e.g. accelerating a female's career growth, sometimes outside her competence or will, and it backfired.

on the average, Northerners earn far less than southerners in Nigeria.
Is this the problem? No.
What is the problem? Northerners do not have access to the same quality education as southerners.

1 Like

Re: "Equal Pay For Women"... Really?? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Nov 01, 2018
More views
Re: "Equal Pay For Women"... Really?? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Nov 02, 2018
More opinions
Re: "Equal Pay For Women"... Really?? by Nobody: 12:40am On Feb 08, 2019
Lalasticlala

(1) (2) (Reply)

Haier Thermocool Double Door Refrigerator (339L) HRF-350 - Fairly Used / Nil / Modified: My Dad Is Been Used.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.