Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,046 members, 7,886,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 06:23 PM

Can Some1 Explain To Me What Being Romantic Means. I Think I'm Getting It Wrong - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can Some1 Explain To Me What Being Romantic Means. I Think I'm Getting It Wrong (2130 Views)

Guys I Think I'm About To Marry A MONSTER, Advice Me Pls, No Matter How Harsh / I Think I'm The Sexiest And Most Beautiful Girl On Nairaland / Being Romantic Or Being Foolish? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Some1 Explain To Me What Being Romantic Means. I Think I'm Getting It Wrong by chrishenzo: 9:31pm On Jul 13, 2010
Sometimes my girlfriend will suddenly be unhappy and when I ask her the reason she won't tell me. But few days ago, she opened up. She told me she is comparing me to her ex boyfriend. When I asked her on what bases, she told me how her ex used to wash her clothes for her, cook food for her, do the house cleaning for her, and do the shopping for her, and when she is not happy, the ex will feel unhappy.

I told her that if she is waiting for me to do all that, then she can as well wait for "Thee Kingdom Come" because to me that doesn't mean romantic but slavery.

Am I taking it too far?
Re: Can Some1 Explain To Me What Being Romantic Means. I Think I'm Getting It Wrong by mayblossom(f): 9:45pm On Jul 13, 2010
you must be dating Obama's daughter grin grin grin

how old is she sef? embarassed
Re: Can Some1 Explain To Me What Being Romantic Means. I Think I'm Getting It Wrong by Faher(m): 10:24pm On Jul 13, 2010
The result of all those romantic novels is a mind full of fantasies cheesy
Re: Can Some1 Explain To Me What Being Romantic Means. I Think I'm Getting It Wrong by deniyor: 10:32pm On Jul 13, 2010
No you are not taking it too far, she is. She is very daft to even compare you with an ex. She is very free to leave if she is still strung on her ex. Go find better person jo!
Re: Can Some1 Explain To Me What Being Romantic Means. I Think I'm Getting It Wrong by SlamDunk(m): 1:46am On Jul 14, 2010
ure not taking it too far at all, but rly u need to do some of this things for her occasionally IF U LUV HER, but dont xpect you to pick up a soap one day and start washing her thongssss, u don turn gbewudani be dat oo grin
Re: Can Some1 Explain To Me What Being Romantic Means. I Think I'm Getting It Wrong by Marhoski(m): 2:27am On Jul 14, 2010
@ op, please run o
Re: Can Some1 Explain To Me What Being Romantic Means. I Think I'm Getting It Wrong by hatch: 8:36am On Jul 14, 2010
#authenticity pls
Even though I doubt
how  authentic this thread is,I still believe its a free world.Therefore you are free to play the fo.ol(Maga,Mumu,Mugu,Mufu or Mutiu)

#wondering hard
why do fo.ols fall in love ?
Re: Can Some1 Explain To Me What Being Romantic Means. I Think I'm Getting It Wrong by fubiluv: 8:46am On Jul 14, 2010
I think she needs more attention.
Just try and make her feel more important.
Re: Can Some1 Explain To Me What Being Romantic Means. I Think I'm Getting It Wrong by LaDiva1: 9:51am On Jul 14, 2010
lol, @ poster,

Truth is ladies like a show of affection sometimes, they wanna b overly pampered and feel this realm of belonging and acceptance, she was wrong to compare you with her ex or so, but notwithstanding, it doesnt remove a single hair off your private to do something nice for her like pickin up her laundry for her from the dry cleaners, sending her flowers and cards, doing the dishes and all sorts she may like or want, 
it doesnt make yu romantic but it could show yu really do care bout her,

am not sayin you go cook for her if yu dnt like too but atleast yu could surprise her one day by doing so even if yu had to go off yur way,  trust me ladies like n love dis sort off treatment, if you love her you wldnt see this as a big deal, but dont do it often ooooo if not yu don turn mugu b dat,  wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink smiley
Re: Can Some1 Explain To Me What Being Romantic Means. I Think I'm Getting It Wrong by Kx: 10:10am On Jul 14, 2010
Perhaps she needs a little more "petting". Ladies can never get over dose of petting.
Re: Can Some1 Explain To Me What Being Romantic Means. I Think I'm Getting It Wrong by Onchedu(m): 10:21am On Jul 14, 2010
chrishenzo:

Sometimes my girlfriend will suddenly be unhappy and when I ask her the reason she won't tell me. But few days ago, she opened up. She told me she is comparing me to her ex boyfriend. When I asked her on what bases, she told me how her ex used to wash her clothes for her, cook food for her, do the house cleaning for her, and do the shopping for her, and when she is not happy, the ex will feel unhappy.

I told her that if she is waiting for me to do all that, then she can as well wait for "Thee Kingdom Come" because to me that doesn't mean romantic but slavery.

Am I taking it too far?

U and Ur girl just differ in what U feel is romantic. She went too far comparing U with her ex and expecting U to follow in his shoes. If I were U and I found my girl telling me such, I'd make sure I did everything opposite of what her bf would do and to hell with that relationship. If her ex was perfect why did her become the ex?

Child! Hisss
Re: Can Some1 Explain To Me What Being Romantic Means. I Think I'm Getting It Wrong by Onchedu(m): 10:23am On Jul 14, 2010
Whoooo! Ok I've finished venting.

U and ur girl need to find a mid point for Urselves where U both can redefine romance as it suits U. I like Ur approach sha. I don't like ur gf very much, Ok maybe I'm not thru venting, Some girls sef ehn,
Re: Can Some1 Explain To Me What Being Romantic Means. I Think I'm Getting It Wrong by SALady(f): 10:49am On Jul 14, 2010
Actually, your girlfriend is laughable. But then again I pity her
Re: Can Some1 Explain To Me What Being Romantic Means. I Think I'm Getting It Wrong by mylove4him(f): 12:54pm On Jul 14, 2010
There is nothing wrong in doing those things for a woman but the said woman shouldn't make it compulsory. Those household chores are not obligatory for a man to engage in it but he can help if he likes. So if she is not ok with you she should go back to her ex and stop comparing. It is emotionally degrading for someone to compare his/her relationship with past ones. Though one can talk about it but comparing is bad.

You too learn to be romantic in other ways to cover up your weaknesses.
Re: Can Some1 Explain To Me What Being Romantic Means. I Think I'm Getting It Wrong by Onchedu(m): 12:57pm On Jul 14, 2010
^^ you're smart.
Re: Can Some1 Explain To Me What Being Romantic Means. I Think I'm Getting It Wrong by Pweety4me(f): 1:05pm On Jul 14, 2010
Maybe she needs 2 go back 2 him! wink
Re: Can Some1 Explain To Me What Being Romantic Means. I Think I'm Getting It Wrong by Babylove1(f): 1:17pm On Jul 14, 2010
beware of this girl, u mean despite the fact that the Ex did all dat she still dumped him

(1) (Reply)

How Much Of Your Past Should Your New Partner Know / She Introduces Me As A Friend. / Revenge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.