Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,627 members, 7,918,019 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 08:38 PM

New Literature Scheme For Secondary Schools (2021/2025) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / New Literature Scheme For Secondary Schools (2021/2025) (57459 Views)

New Literature Syllable Alert! / Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos / Wole Soyinka Receiving The Nobel Award For Literature In 1986(throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Literature Scheme For Secondary Schools (2021/2025) by Lovintus2(m): 3:27pm On Oct 14, 2018
Hello literature teachers and lovers of the subject. I believe you should know that the new set of students that have joined the senior secondary section will be using a new scheme of the subject; Literature-in-English, as the current one expires by 2020? However, the ministry of Education has not posted anything about the new scheme on their website, but it's already out. Please I'm in desperate search for it. If you have, you can let me know. JAH Bless!
Re: New Literature Scheme For Secondary Schools (2021/2025) by Elitesplanet: 9:29pm On Dec 19, 2018
Lovintus2:
Hello literature teachers and lovers of the subject. I believe you should know that the new set of students that have joined the senior secondary section will be using a new scheme of the subject; Literature-in-English, as the current one expires by 2020? However, the ministry of Education has not posted anything about the new scheme on their website, but it's already out. Please I'm in desperate search for it. If you have, you can let me know. JAH Bless!

Check the Link it has been posted there WAEC Literature List Texts / Books for May/June & GCE (2021 - 2025) | PDF [https://www.lasuinfo.com/2018/11/waec-literature-list-texts-books.html]
Re: New Literature Scheme For Secondary Schools (2021/2025) by writeprof(m): 9:16pm On Jan 11, 2019
Elitesplanet:

Check the Link it has been posted there WAEC Literature List Texts / Books for May/June & GCE (2021 - 2025) | PDF [https://www.lasuinfo.com/2018/11/waec-literature-list-texts-books.html]

Thanks for the info. Pls, do you have any info about the harmonisation of NECO and WAEC? Presently, they have different texts for 2021 to 2025.

1 Like

Re: New Literature Scheme For Secondary Schools (2021/2025) by eniorisha(m): 6:40am On Dec 15, 2019
WAEC released new syllabus long ago. But our Ministry of education still going about with the old scheme of work for ss1 & 2. How & when do we teach d new topics & texts to ss1 & 2?
Re: New Literature Scheme For Secondary Schools (2021/2025) by toyem12(f): 5:24pm On Sep 15, 2021
2021 Unified scheme of work for SS1-3 Literature In English
NEW SCHEME OF WORK FOR LITERATURE-IN-ENGLISH, SS1 CLASS

WEEK 1:INTRODUCTION TO THE STUDY OF LITERATURE
WEEK 2: GENRES OF LITERATURE-DRAMA,PROSE AND POETRY
WEEK 3: FICTION AND NON FICTION
WEEK 4: ELEMENT OF PROSE FICTION-PLOT,SETTING, NARRATIVE TECHNIQUE
WEEK 5&6: WHAT IS PROSE? TYPES OF PROSE
WEEK 7: WHAT IS POETRY? FEATURES OF POETRY.
WEEK 8: DIFFERENT FORMS OF POETRY AND TYPES OF POETRY
WEEK 9: WHAT IS DRAMA? FEATURES OF DRAMA.
WEEK 10: ORAL FORMS OF LITERATURE.

NEW SCHEME OF WORK FOR FIRST TERM SS2 Literature-In-English
WEEK 1: Genres of Literature: Introduction to African poems.
“Black Woman” – Leopold Sedar Senghor
i. Themes and Content Analysis of “Black Woman”
ii. Poetic Devices of “Black Woman”
WEEK 2: “The Leader and the Led” – Niyi Osundare
i. Themes and Content Analysis of “The Leader and the Led”
ii. Poetic Devices of “The Leader and the Led”
WEEK 3: “Grieved Lands” – Agostinho Neto
i. Themes and Content Analysis of “Grieved Lands”
ii. Poetic Devices of “Grieved Lands”
WEEK 4: “The song of the Women of my Land” – Qumar Farouk Sesay
i. Themes and Content Analysis of “The song of the Women of my Land”
ii. Poetic Devices of “The song of the Women of my Land”
WEEK 5: “Raider of the Treasure Trove” – Lade Wosornu
i. Themes and Content Analysis of “Raider of the Treasure Trove”
ii. Poetic Devices of “Raider of the Treasure Trove”
WEEK 6: “The Government Driver on his retirement” – Onu Chibuike
i. Themes and Content Analysis of “The Government Driver on his retirement”
ii. Poetic Devices of “The Government Driver on his Retirement”
WEEK 7: MID TERM BREAK
WEEK 8: Introduction to Non-African Poems:
a. “Journey of the Magi” – T.S. Elliot
i. Themes and Content Analysis of “Journey of the Magi”
ii. Poetic Devices of “The Journey of the Magi.”

WEEK 9: “Caged Bird” – Maya Angelou
i. Themes and Content Analysis of “Caged Bird”
Objectives: By the end of the lesson; students should be able to;
i. Identify and discuss the main themes in the poem
ii. State the poetic devices in the poem.
WEEK 10: “Do not go Gentle into the Good Morrow”- Dylan Thomas
i. Themes and content Analysis of “Do not go Gentle into the Good Morrow”
ii. Poetic Devices of “Do not go Gentle into the Good Morrow”
Objectives: By the end of the lesson, students should be able to:
i. Identify and discuss the main themes in the poem
ii. State the poetic devices in the poem.

WEEK 11: “Bat”- David H Lawrence
I. Themes and content Analysis of “Bat”
II. Poetic Devices of “Bat”

NEW SS3 FIRST TERM LITERATURE-IN-ENGLISH E-NOTE

WEEK 1: a. Welcome Test / Revision of Last Term’s Work

b. i. Dramatic Personae of William Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream
ii. Plot summary/ Account of William Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream

WEEK 2: William Shakespeare: A Midsummer Night’s Dream: Reading, Summary and In-depth analysis of Act I

WEEK 3: William Shakespeare: A Midsummer Night’s Dream: Reading, Summary and In-depth analysis of Act II

WEEK 4: William Shakespeare: A Midsummer Night’s Dream: Reading, Summary and In-depth analysis of Act III

WEEK 5: William Shakespeare: A Midsummer Night’s Dream: Reading, Summary and In-depth analysis of Act IV

WEEK 6: William Shakespeare: A Midsummer Night’s Dream: Reading, Summary and In-depth analysis of Act V

WEEK 7 MID TERM BREAK

WEEK 8 Introduction to the Unseen Prose
i. Features of Unseen Prose
a. Short comprehension passage with or without title
b. The plot structure is very straightforward and sequential.
c. The passage is always within the range of student’s experience
ii. Tools for Unseen passage analysis
a. Comprehensive Reading and understanding.
Samples of unseen passage to bring out the narrative elements like theme, plot, setting, mood, attitude, atmosphere, narrative techniques

WEEK 9-10 Introduction to the Unseen Poem
i. Features of Unseen Poem
a. Short Poem
b. Simple language
ii. Tools for Unseen Poem analysis
a. Comprehensive analysis of Unseen poems
b. Samples of unseen poem to bring out poetic devices like Irony, Metaphor, Personification, Simile Pun, Alliteration, Assonance, Paradox. e.t.c
c. Sample of Unseen poem to bring out structure / form, metrical pattern, rhyming scheme e.t.c

WEEK 11 Principles of Answering Context and Literature questions e.g. Comment, Describe, Compare and Contrast, Examine

WEEK 12 REVISION

WEEK 13 & 14 EXAMINATION

If you would like to get the complete soft copy lesson note or E-lesson plan
(#500) chat MD Teachers Resources via WhatsApp +2349151942274

1 Share

Re: New Literature Scheme For Secondary Schools (2021/2025) by uniquesilverzy92: 10:43am On Jan 29, 2022
Please do you have the scheme and lesson note for second term
Re: New Literature Scheme For Secondary Schools (2021/2025) by Kokoboss: 8:36am On Sep 30, 2022
Good morning madam. How are you doing? Please do you know the drama, prose and poetry jss1 to SS2 are reading for this new term?

(1) (Reply)

THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller / The Devil Who Loved Me (true Life Story) / How I was Scammed by Facebook Sugar Mummy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.