Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,418 members, 7,891,814 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 07:51 PM

Fact Check, G8 Debt Forgiveness 2005: Festus Keyamo Lied - Ikechukwu Obi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fact Check, G8 Debt Forgiveness 2005: Festus Keyamo Lied - Ikechukwu Obi (13315 Views)

Keyamo Lied About Bola Tinubu’s Drug Related Asset Forfeiture - Reno Omokri / Ugwuanyi Swears In Emmanuel Ikechukwu Obi As Health Commissioner / **fact Check**: Keyamo Lied! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fact Check, G8 Debt Forgiveness 2005: Festus Keyamo Lied - Ikechukwu Obi by NotBeenPaid: 8:41am On Oct 17, 2018

The Google part really got me laughing hard - I followed the interview bumper to bumper, Kayamo's answers were all flawed!

Just incase zombies don't know, Kayamo has finished Buhari completely.

Re: Fact Check, G8 Debt Forgiveness 2005: Festus Keyamo Lied - Ikechukwu Obi by lagosrd: 8:52am On Oct 17, 2018
Defending failure and defenceless is not easy. You all have forgotten that it's only GOD that defend the defenceless. Keyamo or Wetin be him name is an accident created to happen.
Re: Fact Check, G8 Debt Forgiveness 2005: Festus Keyamo Lied - Ikechukwu Obi by ehinmowo: 8:55am On Oct 17, 2018
I have my PVC

1 Like

Re: Fact Check, G8 Debt Forgiveness 2005: Festus Keyamo Lied - Ikechukwu Obi by Chukazu: 9:09am On Oct 17, 2018
Shouldn't be surprised if lied , you should be surprised if he said the truth
Re: Fact Check, G8 Debt Forgiveness 2005: Festus Keyamo Lied - Ikechukwu Obi by LarryA1(m): 9:14am On Oct 17, 2018
By their spoken word you shall know them8-);> cool
Re: Fact Check, G8 Debt Forgiveness 2005: Festus Keyamo Lied - Ikechukwu Obi by ignant: 9:27am On Oct 17, 2018
Everyone desirous of factual lies busting should follow @AfricaCheck on Twitter. They have teamed up with Facebook to combat fake news in Africa. They have just busted a lie by the Nigerian minister of mines.
Re: Fact Check, G8 Debt Forgiveness 2005: Festus Keyamo Lied - Ikechukwu Obi by Rindo69: 9:44am On Oct 17, 2018
You are correct. We were granted debt-forgiveness by the Paris Club on the condition that the monies which otherwise would have been used for servicing the debts - 18bn dollars must be used for developmental projects

Unlike the government of the day that retrieved over 300 million dollars and squandered it on sharing to the poorest, The Obasanjo-led administration used the DRF - Debt Relief Funds to achieve the MDGs. Granted the first year, 2005 was a disaster but they then formed the Office of the Senior Special Assistant to the President on MDGs headed by Amina Mohammed to manage the funds. That office, OSSAP-MDGs had the responsibility of managing the funds which was to be appropriated annually - 1 billion dollars a year for 18 years and used to fund MDG projects nationwide. SOme of you may have heard of the Conditional Grants Scheme to States and Local Governments - CGS. This was funded with this money is still running.

My question now is where is this money - 1 billion dollars annually being appropriated and spent on? This funds should be up till 2023 but what i see appropriated to OSSAP-MDGs is a fraction of what they used to get. The current government does not even have a strategy for the SDGs!! They are still running obsolete programmes like CGS to State and CGS to Local Governments.
I worked in this office from 2012 to 2015 and i know how it works in there!!! I prayed for a change of government because i saw the massive rot. My unit, the CGS unit had an annual budget of 64 billion Naira and i know the nonsense that was happening.
Re: Fact Check, G8 Debt Forgiveness 2005: Festus Keyamo Lied - Ikechukwu Obi by Eserise1(m): 9:55am On Oct 17, 2018
Keyamu would been more loved as a human right lawyer he was, going into politics has tarnished his sincerity.
Re: Fact Check, G8 Debt Forgiveness 2005: Festus Keyamo Lied - Ikechukwu Obi by front4line: 10:00am On Oct 17, 2018
dechriscool:
FACT CHECK: Keyamo lied

Caught the last few minutes of the altercation between the spokesmen of Atiku Abubakar and Muhammadu Buhari’s campaign organizations, Segun Sowumi and Festus Keyamo on ChannelsTV this morning.

In dismissing the debt cancellation feat of the OBJ govt on Ngozi Okonjo -Iweala’s watch as Finance Minister, Keyamo said there was “no wizardry” about it as it was a mere decision of G8 countries to grant debt forgiveness to some African countries in 2005 and Nigeria simply benefitted. He said it was by no effort of the OBj govt etc etc. He went on to challenge Nigerians watching to google the info and find out. He kept emphasizing that there was nothing to it.

I followed the news at that time 2005) and could remember how things went but I googled all the same. Information is power.

And so I found that the G8 debt cancellation for the 18 countries was a VERY different matter from the Nigeria debt write-off negotiation by OBJ’s govt with the London and Paris Clubs of creditor nations. Two entirely different cases.

An article from 2005 from Stanford Graduate School of Business said, “Under the G8 proposal 18 nations (Benin, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Ghana, Guyana, Honduras, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Nicaragua, Niger, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia) as a group will be spared $1 billion to $2 billion per year in debt service for loans from lenders like the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund.”

I didn’t see Nigeria there.

And then I searched further. The internet is man’s greatest resource. If you know how to search and separate fact from nonsense, no-one can ever deceive you. So I saw this from Proshare:

“In a statement conveying the cheering news to the Federal Government, the Paris Club said that in arriving at the debt forgiveness option for Nigeria, it took special cognisance of the economic reform programmes of President Olusegun Obasanjo\'s administration.

“Only recently, the Group of Eight (G-cool richest nations wrote off $40 billion debt of the world\'s poorest countries, 14 of which are in Africa.”

“Nigeria was completely excluded from the G-8 largesse, but officials of the Federal Government and some foreign financial agencies like the World Bank had assured that the nation was being considered for debt pardon under a special package.”

The last two paragraphs here show Keyamo to be either such a blatant liar (in his attempt to deceive) or one so ignorant as not to be trusted with even the most basic of information. Which is a pity.

Again and again I tell Nigerians: Verify, Verify, Verify! Don’t swallow anything they give you. Verify! And if you find they’ve lied to you on any matter, re-evaluate your support. You should give yourself some self-worth, I think.

Have a great week.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10155624436711246&id=527441245

This is coming from a lame Igbo that expects Nigeria to take his words for it. Word that as been proven to be of nothing but hate bigotry n disdain.

This clown claimed he searched online and could not post any link to buttress his search claim but posted a Facebook post that the entire universe n beyond know it is the most potent weapon used in spreading FALSE NEWS.

Seriously, I ask again why are so many of you so senseless ? Do you think Nigerians are people you can wake up and dish out gibberish like you feed the fools in your biafra mud enclave.

Anuofia !
Re: Fact Check, G8 Debt Forgiveness 2005: Festus Keyamo Lied - Ikechukwu Obi by Thanks2God: 10:07am On Oct 17, 2018
Just take a look at the damage Buhari has done to this Country

Re: Fact Check, G8 Debt Forgiveness 2005: Festus Keyamo Lied - Ikechukwu Obi by Ripama: 10:48am On Oct 17, 2018
He didn't make any reasonable point to counter Keyamo's facts. He's just shouting "verify verify verify" like verily verily in d bible.
Re: Fact Check, G8 Debt Forgiveness 2005: Festus Keyamo Lied - Ikechukwu Obi by Ripama: 10:55am On Oct 17, 2018
Thanks2God:
Just take a look at the damage Buhari has done to this Country
And juxtapose with PDP 16years damage. My opinion is, In as much as Buhari had failed woefully, PDP/Atiku is not the saviour.
Re: Fact Check, G8 Debt Forgiveness 2005: Festus Keyamo Lied - Ikechukwu Obi by vicdonis: 11:13am On Oct 17, 2018
SHOPPERS:
That PDP guy gave Keyamo so much facts that Keyamo just had to succumb to the Lai-ing spirit in him. APC and lies be like two pairs of the same shoe.

Look thoes Pair of shoe well, e be like say them deh laugh
Re: Fact Check, G8 Debt Forgiveness 2005: Festus Keyamo Lied - Ikechukwu Obi by deebrain(m): 11:32am On Oct 17, 2018
So this is the same Keyamo I used to admire back in the day!

Wow.

Money really has power.

Asper the G8 thing he told us to google, that was his red card. Internet and phones are such assets these days.
Re: Fact Check, G8 Debt Forgiveness 2005: Festus Keyamo Lied - Ikechukwu Obi by deebrain(m): 11:34am On Oct 17, 2018
ehinmowo:
I have my PVC
Congrats.
Re: Fact Check, G8 Debt Forgiveness 2005: Festus Keyamo Lied - Ikechukwu Obi by kerry57: 11:35am On Oct 17, 2018
Mention anything lie u get APC at the top of it. Anything short of lies is not of this govt. APC is perfect at three thing:
- Lies
- propaganda
- Blame game and not taking responsibility for anything.
That is their stronghold for the past three years plus.
Re: Fact Check, G8 Debt Forgiveness 2005: Festus Keyamo Lied - Ikechukwu Obi by Jibia1(m): 11:42am On Oct 17, 2018
Stupidity is when you spent 3years shouting Biafra Biafra then suddenly you saw another Fulani with money and started shouting Atikulated:
If you're one of them, please see a psychiatric doctor
Re: Fact Check, G8 Debt Forgiveness 2005: Festus Keyamo Lied - Ikechukwu Obi by emperorscoon(m): 12:09pm On Oct 17, 2018
In a statement conveying the cheering news to the Federal Government, the Paris Club said that in arriving at the debt forgiveness option for Nigeria, it took special cognisance of the economic reform programmes of President Olusegun Obasanjo\'s administration.

Only recently, the Group of Eight (G-cool richest nations wrote off $40 billion debt of the world\'s poorest countries, 14 of which are in Africa.

Nigeria was completely excluded from the G-8 largesse, but officials of the Federal Government and some foreign financial agencies like the World Bank had assured that the nation was being considered for debt pardon under a special package.

Hence, when the news came from the Paris Club yesterday, an elated Finance Minister, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, went into the nitty-gritty of the creditors\' action
Re: Fact Check, G8 Debt Forgiveness 2005: Festus Keyamo Lied - Ikechukwu Obi by chinedu234(m): 12:31pm On Oct 17, 2018
Keyamo is certainly one of those very deep embarrassment to the title of Senior Advocate of Nigeria. This is a Lawyer that was involved in visa scam with his brother sometimes in the early 2000s. He lacks the honour of such title and lies very effortlessly. They can only deceive kids of yesterday.
Re: Fact Check, G8 Debt Forgiveness 2005: Festus Keyamo Lied - Ikechukwu Obi by Festy4u(m): 12:41pm On Oct 17, 2018
And the buffoon was shouting on live TV,...."these are facts", "these are facts!" "Nigerians should google it now and know the truth".
It's just a shame for someone adorning the prestigious title "SAN" to be spewing false information to the public on national TV! undecided
Re: Fact Check, G8 Debt Forgiveness 2005: Festus Keyamo Lied - Ikechukwu Obi by fof1: 1:22pm On Oct 17, 2018
[quote author=dechriscool post=72126090]FACT CHECK: Keyamo lied

Caught the last few minutes of the altercation between the spokesmen of Atiku Abubakar and Muhammadu Buhari’s campaign organizations, Segun Sowumi and Festus Keyamo on ChannelsTV this morning.

In dismissing the debt cancellation feat of the OBJ govt on Ngozi Okonjo -Iweala’s watch as Finance Minister, Keyamo said there was “no wizardry” about it as it was a mere decision of G8 countries to grant debt forgiveness to some African countries in 2005 and Nigeria simply benefitted. He said it was by no effort of the OBj govt etc etc. He went on to challenge Nigerians watching to google the info and find out. He kept emphasizing that there was nothing to it.

I followed the news at that time 2005) and could remember how things went but I googled all the same. Information is power.

And so I found that the G8 debt cancellation for the 18 countries was a VERY different matter from the Nigeria debt write-off negotiation by OBJ’s govt with the London and Paris Clubs of creditor nations. Two entirely different cases.

An article from 2005 from Stanford Graduate School of Business said, “Under the G8 proposal 18 nations (Benin, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Ghana, Guyana, Honduras, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Nicaragua, Niger, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia) as a group will be spared $1 billion to $2 billion per year in debt service for loans from lenders like the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund.”

I didn’t see Nigeria there.

And then I searched further. The internet is man’s greatest resource. If you know how to search and separate fact from nonsense, no-one can ever deceive you. So I saw this from Proshare:

“In a statement conveying the cheering news to the Federal Government, the Paris Club said that in arriving at the debt forgiveness option for Nigeria, it took special cognisance of the economic reform programmes of President Olusegun Obasanjo\'s administration.

“Only recently, the Group of Eight (G-cool richest nations wrote off $40 billion debt of the world\'s poorest countries, 14 of which are in Africa.”

“Nigeria was completely excluded from the G-8 largesse, but officials of the Federal Government and some foreign financial agencies like the World Bank had assured that the nation was being considered for debt pardon under a special package.”

The last two paragraphs here show Keyamo to be either such a blatant liar (in his attempt to deceive) or one so ignorant as not to be trusted with even the most basic of information. Which is a pity.

Again and again I tell Nigerians: Verify, Verify, Verify! Don’t swallow anything they give you. Verify! And if you find they’ve lied to you on any matter, re-evaluate your support. You should give yourself some self-worth, I think.

Have a great week.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10155624436711246&id=527441245[/quot
e]

FESTUS KEYAMO IS A PATHOLOGICAL LIAR AND DEFICIT WITH D TRUTH. HE IS A KNOWN ARGUMENTATOR NO WONDER A NOISY LAWYER. HE WANTS TO DEFEND HAD S MASTER BUHARI WITH ALL HE HAS...LIES OR TRUTH. HE WANTS TO REWRITE HISTORY LIKE MANY OF THEM IN D APC ADMINISTRATION. SOMETHING ALL OF US WITNESSED IN NIGERIA AND WAS ALL OVER D INTERNET, THIS GBONFU IS COMING TO TELL AND TEACH US SOMETHING DIFFERENT. U SEE D PROPAGANDA GOVT OF NIGERIA. RULING BY DECEIT. U WILL FAIL ONE DAY BY AND BYE.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Achike Udenwa Is Worst Imo Governor — Rochas Okorocha / CCB Preparing Charges Against Magu Over Asset Declaration ‘breach’ - The Cable / Labour Party Is Based On Ethnicity And Religion – Kwankwaso (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.