Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,261 members, 7,934,113 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 06:22 PM

Major Facebook Shareholders Seek To Dethrone Mark Zuckerberg As Board Chairman - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Major Facebook Shareholders Seek To Dethrone Mark Zuckerberg As Board Chairman (17613 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg Makes Giant Statue Of His Wife Priscilla Chan In Their Garden / Mark Zuckerberg Shares Photos Of The Cars His Wife And Himself Use / Mark Zuckerberg’s Properties, Cars, $400 Grey Shirts (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Major Facebook Shareholders Seek To Dethrone Mark Zuckerberg As Board Chairman by ollah2: 8:39am On Oct 19, 2018
opalu:
Apple tried that when they expelled Steve Jobs from the company entirely. However when the company came to its kneels, the same shareholders came to their kneels begging him to return. That was when he restructured the company and brought in technological innovations that have changed the world. Today, Apple is the only corporation in earth with $1 Trillion market capitalization. Go check it.

Just like an Iceberg, Business is 10% physical and 90% spiritual. You can copy the ideas of a person, you can chase him from there and take over, it is bound to rot just like the body without the spirit is dead. That is why all who have ever hijacked my business ideas ran into trouble and some later humbled themselves and called me to help.

Amazon too

1 Like

Re: Major Facebook Shareholders Seek To Dethrone Mark Zuckerberg As Board Chairman by Venerable612(m): 8:44am On Oct 19, 2018
autotrader014:

Gbam

It’s not that simple. Facebook is a listed company... there are stringent Sec rules towards transperancy, independence and accountability that it must abide by. Moreover, you need the confidence of your present investors to garner more investors.

Successful business are successful because they understand rules of business.
Re: Major Facebook Shareholders Seek To Dethrone Mark Zuckerberg As Board Chairman by Yoshy: 8:45am On Oct 19, 2018
DonFreshmoney:

I may have not reach $500M in Net revenue, but overall, my 3 companies has Profit after tax of around $220M.

Big ups

No harm in trying I guess.

P.S if your company is in Canada, I may be a valuable member of your team.
Re: Major Facebook Shareholders Seek To Dethrone Mark Zuckerberg As Board Chairman by Venerable612(m): 8:45am On Oct 19, 2018
tigerclaws:
if I'm mark I'll buy all their shares and kick their asses out of my company

Why will a company allow a total stranger to have upto 30% shares on his sweat?

if na me maximum you can have is 15-20%

make someone no come tomorrow start dragging my company with me

It’s not that simple. Facebook is a listed company... there are stringent Sec rules towards transperancy, independence and accountability that it must abide by. Moreover, you need the confidence of your present investors to garner more investors.

Successful business are successful because they understand rules of business.

1 Like

Re: Major Facebook Shareholders Seek To Dethrone Mark Zuckerberg As Board Chairman by Nobody: 8:46am On Oct 19, 2018
DonFreshmoney:

I may have not reach $500M in Net revenue, but overall, my 3 companies has Profit after tax of around $220M.
Compelling case.

Even the sky cannot limit you. shocked

1 Like

Re: Major Facebook Shareholders Seek To Dethrone Mark Zuckerberg As Board Chairman by bedfordng(m): 8:46am On Oct 19, 2018
hmmm
Re: Major Facebook Shareholders Seek To Dethrone Mark Zuckerberg As Board Chairman by Ugosample(m): 8:49am On Oct 19, 2018
DonFreshmoney:

I have my businesses. But, I want to go International, and being he Facebook chairman would boost my business brand, global popularity and international recognition.

I like the way you talk

1 Like

Re: Major Facebook Shareholders Seek To Dethrone Mark Zuckerberg As Board Chairman by DonFreshmoney(m): 8:49am On Oct 19, 2018
Yoshy:

Big ups

No harm in trying I guess.

P.S if your company is in Canada, I may be a valuable member of your team.

None is in Canada at the moment, but we will try to branch into the Canadian market in the near future. Are you in Canada at the moment? How did you know I might want to migrate there?
Re: Major Facebook Shareholders Seek To Dethrone Mark Zuckerberg As Board Chairman by Fellydonis(m): 8:50am On Oct 19, 2018
tigerclaws:

You know this is why Africans never build any company that lasted centuries (Sit-tight mindset/syndrome)? Even Zuck will put his company's success ahead of his position. By the way, the investors are not coming for his stake in FB, neither will he ever grow poor. They just need a better and more transparent executive to pilot Facebook to greater heights. With Zuck in power thus far, FB shares have lost much value this year...

2 Likes

Re: Major Facebook Shareholders Seek To Dethrone Mark Zuckerberg As Board Chairman by DonFreshmoney(m): 8:50am On Oct 19, 2018
Tunechiami:
Compelling case.

Even the sky cannot limit you. shocked

Thanks dear, the sky is also a stepping stone in all your endeavours.

1 Like

Re: Major Facebook Shareholders Seek To Dethrone Mark Zuckerberg As Board Chairman by Ugosample(m): 8:51am On Oct 19, 2018
HendrixAya:
confidently spewing thrash. Amazon?
don't mind him
Re: Major Facebook Shareholders Seek To Dethrone Mark Zuckerberg As Board Chairman by Ugosample(m): 8:53am On Oct 19, 2018
Fellydonis:

You know this is why Africans never build any company that lasted centuries (Sit-tight mindset/syndrome)? Even Zuck will put his company's success ahead of his position. By the way, the investors are not coming for his stake in FB, neither will he ever grow poor. They just need a better and more transparent executive to pilot Facebook to greater heights. With Zuck in power thus far, FB shares have lost much value this year...

exactly

That mentality has made us not to have a long lasting brand in Nigeria (well except dangote group sha)

2 Likes

Re: Major Facebook Shareholders Seek To Dethrone Mark Zuckerberg As Board Chairman by sacx: 8:54am On Oct 19, 2018
Seem Mark is not a very good businessman. They are out to kill Facebook
Re: Major Facebook Shareholders Seek To Dethrone Mark Zuckerberg As Board Chairman by Yoshy: 8:55am On Oct 19, 2018
DonFreshmoney:

None is in Canada at the moment, but we will try to branch into the Canadian market in the near future. Are you in Canada at the moment? How did you know I might want to migrate there?

Will be by January.

I'm not aware, but I guessed you might have a presence there seeing it's a good place for IT.

1 Like

Re: Major Facebook Shareholders Seek To Dethrone Mark Zuckerberg As Board Chairman by bluecircle470: 8:59am On Oct 19, 2018
tigerclaws:

Nigerian mentality. That’s not how it works in the state. Founder of a company can be dethroned and all his/her shares collected.
Re: Major Facebook Shareholders Seek To Dethrone Mark Zuckerberg As Board Chairman by sology: 9:02am On Oct 19, 2018
I SMH for them, Mark is gone, Facebook dies! [fact]
Re: Major Facebook Shareholders Seek To Dethrone Mark Zuckerberg As Board Chairman by Jaqenhghar: 9:14am On Oct 19, 2018
tigerclaws:

Then you are not ready for your business to grow. Those guys there are the life of the company
Re: Major Facebook Shareholders Seek To Dethrone Mark Zuckerberg As Board Chairman by Jaqenhghar: 9:14am On Oct 19, 2018
Fellydonis:

God bless you. They dont understand the concept of growing together.

1 Like

Re: Major Facebook Shareholders Seek To Dethrone Mark Zuckerberg As Board Chairman by Emmanuelgalazy(m): 9:15am On Oct 19, 2018
When this guy been the suffer the code facebook, them no dey there ohh, now look

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Major Facebook Shareholders Seek To Dethrone Mark Zuckerberg As Board Chairman by cnonyechi(f): 9:15am On Oct 19, 2018
DonFreshmoney:

Oga my Bsc, MBA and Msc isn't in NIGERIA. Only 2 certificates I got from Nigeria. Bsc USA, MSc and MBA UK.

Who ur Bsc and Msc and all d paper wey u name here help abegiii
Re: Major Facebook Shareholders Seek To Dethrone Mark Zuckerberg As Board Chairman by Jaqenhghar: 9:21am On Oct 19, 2018
Constantiney:

Obviously you are not him.
That is why he is a billionaire while
you are just some guy in a shithole country.
I don't know where all these kids come from.

You must think Facebook is like a
phone shop under ikeja bridge.
Did the "stranger" have "up to 30%
shares of his sweat" by stealing it?

The moment a company is listed in the stock exchange, it's no longer "your" company.

'if na me if na me' is anyone stopping you from establishing your own company?

Like a Yoruba proverb, It's very easy to prepare vegetables with your mouth.
Nuff said

Re: Major Facebook Shareholders Seek To Dethrone Mark Zuckerberg As Board Chairman by tofolo(m): 9:24am On Oct 19, 2018
tigerclaws:

They can still buy from others and get 51% then take over from you just like delegates in politics, its always good for you not to sell shares to anyone in an organisation you founded.

1 Like

Re: Major Facebook Shareholders Seek To Dethrone Mark Zuckerberg As Board Chairman by tofolo(m): 9:26am On Oct 19, 2018
Emmanuelgalazy:
When this guy been the suffer the code facebook, them no dey there ohh, now look
He made it public thats why... if it was private him for still they flex they go...
Re: Major Facebook Shareholders Seek To Dethrone Mark Zuckerberg As Board Chairman by DonFreshmoney(m): 9:35am On Oct 19, 2018
cnonyechi:

Who ur Bsc and Msc and all d paper wey u name here help abegiii

At least you noticed my skills attained in my field. Hating hater

1 Like

Re: Major Facebook Shareholders Seek To Dethrone Mark Zuckerberg As Board Chairman by iamhenryO: 9:40am On Oct 19, 2018
The dude is loosing it
Re: Major Facebook Shareholders Seek To Dethrone Mark Zuckerberg As Board Chairman by Nobody: 9:41am On Oct 19, 2018
BornnAgainChild:
Na wa o see as dem wan play play comot this guy from him own sweat undecided

Any power trying to overseat me from my place of glory....die by fire....
ARE YOU A MOUNTAIN OF FIRE MEMBER ?
Re: Major Facebook Shareholders Seek To Dethrone Mark Zuckerberg As Board Chairman by DonFreshmoney(m): 9:41am On Oct 19, 2018
Yoshy:

Will be by January.

I'm not aware, but I guessed you might have a presence there seeing it's a good place for IT.

Safe landing, I will be there next year, but don't know the month to be exact... am looking at Vancouver to establish a multinational business. I will have to look at the province laws there to equip myself.
Re: Major Facebook Shareholders Seek To Dethrone Mark Zuckerberg As Board Chairman by dochenaj: 9:43am On Oct 19, 2018
Unfortunately for them, this will amount to nothing since Mark Zuckerberg still owns majority voting rights. I think at IPO he owned 51%, what a smart guy.

Isolating voting rights from the percentage shares owned is the way to go, if you want to go public but never want to lose control of your company.

They can only impress on him to step down, but to vote him out they cannot. And he would only step down, if he thinks he has lost his groove.

2 Likes

Re: Major Facebook Shareholders Seek To Dethrone Mark Zuckerberg As Board Chairman by LadyHeaven(f): 9:44am On Oct 19, 2018
DonFreshmoney:

Lol. Trust me, becoming a chairman of Facebook Board is a position anyone will want to attain even if you have numerous chains of businesses. Yes, I will drop CV if given the opportunity.

grin

1 Like

Re: Major Facebook Shareholders Seek To Dethrone Mark Zuckerberg As Board Chairman by Judec123(m): 10:08am On Oct 19, 2018
Blackspicesmedia finally releases this beautiful Video clip ''in my shoes'' by S.i Tunes.
Watch and get inspired for greatness:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFeMUS7OLmg
Re: Major Facebook Shareholders Seek To Dethrone Mark Zuckerberg As Board Chairman by TroubleMaker47(m): 10:09am On Oct 19, 2018
tigerclaws:

honestly if not greed why will a CEO or company owner allow a total stranger to acquire 30% of his company shares talk more of 40%

[s]that's exactly what happened with arsenal on wenger they can't sack him because he has big shares on arsenal if not for reputation wenger will still be coaching arsenal till he decides to quit[/s]
False!
Kroenke has 67%, Usmanov and Moshir have 30.04%
Total= 97+%
So where does Arsene wenger get his arsenal shares from? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock / Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October / Any Tecno T8 User About ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.