Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,944 members, 7,873,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:00 AM

China Opens World’s Longest Sea Bridge - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / China Opens World’s Longest Sea Bridge (811 Views)

Portugal Opens World's Longest Pedestrian Suspension Bridge On Mountains(Pics) / China Opens World’s Highest Motorway Tunnel / China Opens ₦7.3trillion World’s Longest Sea Bridge Designed To Last 120 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

China Opens World’s Longest Sea Bridge by engineerboat(m): 12:46pm On Oct 20, 2018
China opens world’s longest sea bridge

China will open the world’s longest sea bridge to traffic from next week. The 55-kilometre-long bridge linking Hong Kong, Zhuhai and Macao took six years of preparations and eight years to build.

Construction began on 15 December 2009 and is expected to slash travel time from Hongkong to mainland China from three hours to 30 minutes.

Major work on the bridge consisted of a 22.9-kilometre-long main bridge, a 6.7-kilometre-long tunnel and an artificial island off the bridge, which is considered the most technically demanding part of the whole construction.

Engineers and constructors have tested the coordination of the bridge’s various systems and equipment and the lighting fitted, according to Zhang Jinwen, project director with the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge (HZMB) Authority.

In the past 14 years, the regional economy and transport network have undergone tremendous changes, leading authorities to re-assess the utilization rate of the bridge, said Su Yi, assistant to the chief of the HZMB Authority.

But Su dismissed worries that the bridge would not have enough traffic, saying, “we have full confidence for the future.”

“We have a whole toolbox of policies at our disposal,” Su said. “It is like playing cards. We can adjust our moves accordingly.”

The bridge will slash travel time between Hong Kong and Zhuhai from three hours to just 30 minutes, further integrating cities in the Pearl River Delta.

https://www.today.ng/news/world/china-opens-worlds-longest-sea-bridge-164143

Re: China Opens World’s Longest Sea Bridge by socialmediaman: 1:05pm On Oct 20, 2018
Nations are progressing while Buhari is still claiming Mr Integrity and Ganduje, Babachir Lawal and co are helping him to “pight kwaraption”

1 Like

Re: China Opens World’s Longest Sea Bridge by NONNYG: 1:06pm On Oct 20, 2018
Re: China Opens World’s Longest Sea Bridge by gunuvi(m): 1:10pm On Oct 20, 2018
Wow. God why is Nigeria the way it is na?
I am OBIdiently atikulating. Atiku will lift us from this daura mess.
Re: China Opens World’s Longest Sea Bridge by Horus(m): 5:32pm On Oct 23, 2018
Re: China Opens World’s Longest Sea Bridge by Defisto: 4:58pm On Nov 01, 2018
Impressive. Such buildings always make me delighted. I wish I'd drive a car over this bridge at night, I think the sight is very beautiful.
Re: China Opens World’s Longest Sea Bridge by Areding: 10:08pm On Nov 01, 2018
This bridge looks pretty dangerous. For some reason, I have a fear of such facilities, I am very afraid to cross the bridge.

(1) (Reply)

After This Lady Went To Renew Her Passport, See What See Was Told To Do First / Countries And Destinations Of The World You Can Travel To Without A Visa / Which Of The European Countries Has More Employment Opportunities For Foreigners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.