Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,710 members, 7,882,421 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 03:25 AM

Fed Poly Student Needs N2.5million To Walk Again - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Fed Poly Student Needs N2.5million To Walk Again (255 Views)

Can You Walk Naked For 5million Naira ? / Rsu Student Needs Help / A Stranded Final Student Needs Your Assistance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fed Poly Student Needs N2.5million To Walk Again by mikkywebs(m): 5:02pm On Oct 20, 2018
Unless help comes and soon too, Michael Chinedu Nwankwo, a National Diploma Computer Science final year student of the Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri, may never walk again with his two legs. Reason: Doctors at the National Orthopaedic Hospital Igbobi, Lagos have declared his right kneecap ruptured as a result of domestic accident which occurred in July 2016. They say that the diseased kneecap needs immediate replacement.

Narrating the young man's pathetic plight to The Leader, during a Save Our Soul (SOS) visit to the Assumpta Press Company, Onitsha Road Industrial Layout Owerri, last Thursday, October 11, 2018, his father, Sir Patrick Nwankwo, a retiree, lamented that his meager monthly pension is grossly inadequate to foot the cost of the surgical operation needed.

He explained that in addition to N1.6million for the purchase of a new kneecap from the dealers, “ERS Nig. Ltd Ikeja,” and N400,000 Hospital charge for two weeks stay in the hospital, another sum of N500,000 is required to cover other costs such as blood transfusion etc during the treatment. The father of the patient, disclosed that he belongs to the new contributory pension scheme group of retirees, whose income can hardly feed their families, let alone pay fees for other children in school.

He recalled that before Michael was finally referred to the National Orthopedic Hospital at Igbobi, the family had spent so much money treating him at Traditional Bone Fixers at Orodo in Imo State and at another hospital in Abuja to no effect. Instead of getting better, he had been growing worse, cried the father.

Public spirited individuals and groups are requested to send their financial assistance to:
Ecobank No. 2351342977,
Accounts Name: Nwankwo Patrick Iwuoha

Source: https://theleaderassumpta.com/2018/10/19/fed-poly-student-needs-n2-5million-to-walk-again/

Re: Fed Poly Student Needs N2.5million To Walk Again by TheOdd1sOut: 5:05pm On Oct 20, 2018
God, I thank you for my ability to walk and function properly.
This is a man now who needs to walk for #1.5 million, yet I walk for free.
I refuse to complain again.
God, I thank you
Re: Fed Poly Student Needs N2.5million To Walk Again by TheOdd1sOut: 5:05pm On Oct 20, 2018
Lalasticlala mynd44 abeg shift am

(1) (Reply)

Governor Amosun Visits 67 Years Old Woman Who Gave Birth To A Baby Boy / Help A Nairalander / We Will Resist All Forms Of Violence In AKS – Ime Uwah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.