Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,447 members, 7,888,392 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 06:40 AM

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread - Travel (107) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread (445340 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (261) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by paosca20: 3:03pm On Jan 04, 2020
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by paosca20: 3:10pm On Jan 04, 2020
dicsnemma:
Who has an idea of how much the Attestation of birth costs at NPC please?

2500 in Abuja
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by peeroyy: 3:27pm On Jan 04, 2020
Hello everyone
Kudos to everyone assisting with information on this platform.
I am a K1 applicant who just scheduled an interview and also willing for my mum to witness my wedding. Kindly advice if it is okay to put my name as a sponsor in filling her ds160 b2 application or I should use my brother's who is a UK citizen.

Please someone should kindly respond. I'd like to know myself sponsoring her will have nothing to do with my K1 application.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by dicsnemma: 3:51pm On Jan 04, 2020
[quote author=disguy1 post=85495674]

Did mine for 10k at NPC Surulere.

@disguy1. With the court affidavit or without?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by dicsnemma: 4:10pm On Jan 04, 2020
[quote author=paosca20 post=85496005]

2500 in Abuja

Are you sure the zeros are complete??

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by paosca20: 4:23pm On Jan 04, 2020
[quote author=dicsnemma post=85497424][/quote]

Two thousand five hundred naira in Abuja
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by disguy1: 7:57pm On Jan 04, 2020
@Dicsnemma, I paid additional 2k for the affidavit.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by abekeade1: 9:43pm On Jan 04, 2020
peeroyy:
Hello everyone
Kudos to everyone assisting with information on this platform.
I am a K1 applicant who just scheduled an interview and also willing for my mum to witness my wedding. Kindly advice if it is okay to put my name as a sponsor in filling her ds160 b2 application or I should use my brother's who is a UK citizen.

Please someone should kindly respond. I'd like to know myself sponsoring her will have nothing to do with my K1 application.

My mum followed me when I was going, though my case is abit different from yours. My husband apply for my mum so I think your hubby should invite her , write an invitation letter stating that you guys what her to witness the wedding and of course he will have to fill the affidavit of support along side the letter. That's what we did.
I hope this helps.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by dicsnemma: 10:46pm On Jan 04, 2020
[quote author=paosca20 post=85497737]

Two thousand five hundred naira in Abuja

Wow.

@disguy1. Thanks bro.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by peeroyy: 11:03pm On Jan 04, 2020
abekeade1:

My mum followed me when I was going, though my case is abit different from yours. My husband apply for my mum so I think your hubby should invite her , write an invitation letter stating that you guys what her to witness the wedding and of course he will have to fill the affidavit of support along side the letter. That's what we did.
I hope this helps.

Thanks for the feedback
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by paosca20: 1:46am On Jan 05, 2020
disguy1:

The general consensus is to go ahead and schedule your interview once it shows ready on CEAC portal.

See below links for advice from Sharpman and Legit....

https://www.nairaland.com/4800968/usa-fiancee-k1-visa-thread/80#83777350

https://www.nairaland.com/4800968/usa-fiancee-k1-visa-thread/48#81069380

Hope this helps.
n

Thank alot
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Study4life: 1:25pm On Jan 05, 2020
Greetings

Pls is there any hotel close to the US embassy/ US consulate general in lagos, and if yes whats the name(s) of the hotel(s) and like how many mins drive to the Us consulate general . My friend's interview is in two weeks time so he can book ahead.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Sukey: 6:16pm On Jan 05, 2020
Study4life:
Greetings

Pls is there any hotel close to the US embassy/ US consulate general in lagos, and if yes whats the name(s) of the hotel(s) and like how many mins drive to the Us consulate general . My friend's interview is in two weeks time so he can book ahead.

I stayed in Atlantic hotel and it’s just 3-5 mins away from the embassy.its 20k a night I think but you’ll get value for your money.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Study4life: 6:20pm On Jan 05, 2020
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Sage7(m): 11:52am On Jan 06, 2020
brownesugar:

@frypuffpuff my interview is nextmonth january too,1st week for that matter..lol.. the tension no be here man..but i know it is well and would come back heren with my testimonies..

Patiently waiting for @brownesugar to come drop her testimony.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jan 06, 2020
Sage7:

Patiently waiting for @brownesugar to come drop her testimony.

Yes right. We are waiting for her approval transcript. Lets hear the testimony.

Who else have interview this January aside @frypuffpuff
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by brownesugar: 7:22pm On Jan 06, 2020
Mayorr89:

Yes right. We are waiting for her approval transcript. Lets hear the testimony.

Who else have interview this January aside @frypuffpuff

Thanks @frupuffpuff and @mayorr89 was about posting my visa approval testimony now when i saw this ,guys and elders in the forum i really want to appreciate you guys contributions,efforts in explaining things midway this process and while trying to book appointment,taking your time to respond to our querrys here..God bless you so much @legitbachelor,@sharpman,@study4life,@sandraigho,@anchiee @sukey,@disguy1 @mayorr89,@sage and everyone i forgot to mention their name thank you,i went for my interview today and my visa was approved.. thank u so much for being there,would post my interview questions and process much later(tomorrow) i saw @glorioussugar post i really feel sorry for her and hope a good attorney over there steps in on the case(i couldnt comment cos i was nervous from my own end so didnt want to add more to it i wish her well....

7 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by disguy1: 7:27pm On Jan 06, 2020
brownesugar:

Thanks @frupuffpuff and @mayorr89 was about posting my visa approval testimony now when i saw this ,guys and elders in the forum i really want to appreciate you guys contributions,efforts in explaining things midway this process and while trying to booking appointment,taking your time to respond to our querrys here..God bless you so much @legitbachelor,@sharpman,@study4life,@sandraigho,@anchiee and everyone i forgot to mention thank you,i went for my interview today and my visa was approved.. thank u so much for being there,would post my interview questions and process much later(tomorrow) i saw @glorioussugar post i really feel sorry for her and hope a good attorney over there steps in on the case(i couldnt comment cos i was nervous from my own end so didnt want to add more to it i wish her well..

CONGRATS!!!

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by frypuffpuff(m): 7:32pm On Jan 06, 2020
brownesugar:

Thanks @frupuffpuff and @mayorr89 was about posting my visa approval testimony now when i saw this ,guys and elders in the forum i really want to appreciate you guys contributions,efforts in explaining things midway this process and while trying to book appointment,taking your time to respond to our querrys here..God bless you so much @legitbachelor,@sharpman,@study4life,@sandraigho,@anchiee @sukey,@disguy1 @mayorr89,@sage and everyone i forgot to mention their name thank you,i went for my interview today and my visa was approved.. thank u so much for being there,would post my interview questions and process much later(tomorrow) i saw @glorioussugar post i really feel sorry for her and hope a good attorney over there steps in on the case(i couldnt comment cos i was nervous from my own end so didnt want to add more to it i wish her well....

Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by brownesugar: 7:43pm On Jan 06, 2020
frypuffpuff:

Congratulations!!!

Thank you @frypuffpuff you are next in line to testify in jesus name.... pls just pray ahead and ask God to go before you and you ll see all fall in place for you..
Just be calm ,it was more like a interactive /conversation settings kind of interview ,they ask questions u give them answers but trust me they wont ask you questions outside what you guys wrote in your letter(statement about meeting) but trust me those guys are trained psychologists so they can detect a lie or something.. just make sure all you say/answers correlate with the letter your fiance filled and know every detailed information about him or her.. i wish you best of luck.. cheers

3 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by brownesugar: 7:51pm On Jan 06, 2020
Sukey:

Dear glorioussugar,don’t let anybody scare you on here,peoole get denied and they still always end up getting approved,like I said,go to a court and get a divorce certificate.Explain your situation to them,my wife’s mom brought her to the us years ago and it took her close to 5 years cos they kept denying her cos of the marital status of her mom,she wasn’t legally married to her dad then but they still had to get a divorce certificate.it wasn’t until they involved a Congress man that the embassy approved the visa and not to even talk of the tens of thousands of dollars that went into it,lawyers will charge a lot of money but you stand a good chance with them.to the embassy,you are married like you stated in your previous application so how else do you plan to prove that you’re no longer married to them If you don’t get a divorce certificate.it even helps that your ex is now married to somebody in Canada,if you can get a paperwork to prove that then it will definitely help your case.dont just conclude that your fiancé should relocate to Nigeria.to come and do what?in that country lol.its going to take you a long time like I said maybe 2 to 3 years but have faith and fix all the loopholes this time around and you’ll laugh at last.

Exactly @glorioussugar @sukey comment just took the word out of my mouth just what i was about saying,please remember it may look like its tarrying but sure it will come out well.. best you seek legal counsel as advised above and all will be well... pls dont be depressed..it is well babes
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 7:53pm On Jan 06, 2020
brownesugar:

Thank you @frypuffpuff you are next in line to testify in jesus name.... pls just pray ahead and ask God to go before you and you ll see all fall in place for you..
Just be calm ,it was more like a interactive /conversation settings kind of interview ,they ask questions u give them answers but trust me they wont ask you questions outside what you guys wrote in your letter(statement about meeting) but trust me those guys are trained psychologists so they can detect a lie or something.. just make sure all you say/answers correlate with the letter your fiance filled and know every detailed information about him or her.. i wish you best of luck.. cheers
congratulations brownesuger, I tap from your grace, please can you share your interview transcript with us?

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by emmarino(m): 8:13pm On Jan 06, 2020
brownesugar:

Congratulations dear..
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by brownesugar: 8:24pm On Jan 06, 2020
Treasureprince1:
congratulations brownesuger, I tap from your grace, please can you share your interview transcript with us?
Thank you ,Sure i will share my transcripts@treasureprince1.. i am just calming down the nervousness was real no be here this morning...lolzz.. would share it tomorrow
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 8:29pm On Jan 06, 2020
brownesugar:

Thank you ,Sure i will share my transcripts@treasureprince1.. i am just calming down the nervousness was real no be here this morning...lolzz.. would share it tomorrow
lol, I can imagine! Congrats once again joor

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by frypuffpuff(m): 8:35pm On Jan 06, 2020
brownesugar:

Amen!!! Thanks for the hint. Few days to go. Looking forward to God's will.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by dicsnemma: 8:45pm On Jan 06, 2020
[quote author=brownesugar post=85562219]

A big congrats to you Brownesugar. God knows we needed this good news after the last update. We’ll continue to hear good news henceforth.

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by efozee(m): 10:03pm On Jan 06, 2020
I got approved today. The interview was so strange. Just one question asked. Visa approved!!! Glory be to God.

8 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Sage7(m): 10:03pm On Jan 06, 2020
brownesugar:

What a delight!

We await the transcript.

Congratulations sis!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Sage7(m): 10:05pm On Jan 06, 2020
efozee:
I got approved today. The interview was so strange. Just one question asked. Visa approved!!! Glory be to God.

Another one!

Just a question??!! Body just dey sweet me

Big congratulations. I celebrate with you.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sandraigho: 10:06pm On Jan 06, 2020
brownesugar:

Congratulations dear. Thanks be to God

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by efozee(m): 10:06pm On Jan 06, 2020
Sage7:

Another one!

Big congratulations. I celebrate with you.

Thank you ✅��

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (261) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 / Travelling To Canada

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.