Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,443 members, 7,888,385 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 06:24 AM

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread - Travel (110) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread (445295 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (261) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by frypuffpuff(m): 12:29pm On Jan 09, 2020
Congratulations to all those who were approved.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by NTUk1: 1:06pm On Jan 09, 2020
Hello beautiful people, pls how much is the visa fee in naira. I don’t want to estimate. Thank you
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by dicsnemma: 2:02pm On Jan 09, 2020
[quote author=Dutchleez post=85638573]How does one describe a God that’s indescribable?
How do you adequately praise a warrior that’s never lost a batte?
What words are enough to say “Thank You” to the one who daily proves immense faithfulness.

Forgive my spirituality guys.
My visa was approved this morning.

Yay.. Another one (in DJ Khaled voice). More success stories to us all awaiting our interview.

Congrats to you!!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by disguy1: 2:11pm On Jan 09, 2020
NTUk1:
Hello beautiful people, pls how much is the visa fee in naira. I don’t want to estimate. Thank you

98,050 naira....
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by NTUk1: 2:32pm On Jan 09, 2020
disguy1:

98,050 naira....

Thank you dear
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by brownesugar: 3:13pm On Jan 09, 2020
Dutchleez:

Thanks.
Oh yeah, I read your transcript.
She said it will be ready in two weeks and I will be notified when it’s ready

Okay thanks@Dutchleez ,so i was told lld be notified didnt mention 2weeks.. hearty congratulations..cheers
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by jokunle(m): 3:24pm On Jan 09, 2020
brownesugar:

Okay thanks@Dutchleez ,so i was told lld be notified didnt mention 2weeks.. hearty congratulations..cheers

Congratulations guys. God bless. Stay happy

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by jokunle(m): 3:50pm On Jan 09, 2020
gladeria:
Hi guys..i was approved this morning..to God be the glory. My daughter didnt make it easy for me as she crying all through the time we were waiting to be called..lol
My secret weapon
Prayers
Know your fiance in and out
Relax and flow with the CO
Goodluck to others waiting
I will send the transcript soon

Congratulations
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Dutchleez(m): 4:06pm On Jan 09, 2020
My experience at the embassy earlier today was pleasant except at one of the security point whereby I was turned back to remove my smart watch. Other than than, everything looks good.

I was interviewed by a black American woman (Probably in late 40s) and here goes the question that was asked:

Who petitioned you?
What’s her name?
How and where we met?
Have you applied for a tourist visa before? No
Have you traveled out of Nigeria before?
Have you been arrested before? No
Have you ever been involved in drugs? No
Can I see proof of relationship?
How many times she visited? Just once
When were you engaged?
Do you have kids
Does she have kids
Have you been married before
As she been married before
How old are you
How is your fiancé
Where do I work?
What kind of work do I plan to do in US?

Then she said congratulations your visa is approved. Should be ready in two weeks at this pick up location and make sure you read through the pamphlet. Enjoy the rest of your day.

The above questions are not really in order of how it was asked but the questions were asked in a relaxed way. Spent about 7 minutes with her.

Tips that might help:
1. Put God first
2. Don’t let anyone infuse fear in you
3. Smile or laugh when answering question, it relaxes you.
4. It’s normal to be nervous, I was too. But the moment the CO called me, her approach relaxes me immediately. Kindly compose yourself to expect anything from the CO on your first approach.
5. No one knows your fiancé (e) better than you, find that expression when answering questions.
6. I noticed all the consulate at IV section seems kind and compassionate. So, if they drill you with questions, bear in mind that they are just doing there job and are willing to approve you when they are convinced.

Wishing everyone the very best

9 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by dicsnemma: 4:12pm On Jan 09, 2020
[quote author=Dutchleez post=85648039]My experience at the embassy earlier today was pleasant except at one of the security point whereby I was turned back to remove my smart watch. Other than than, everything looks good.

I was interviewed by a black American woman (Probably in late 40s) and here goes the question that was asked:

Who petitioned you?
What’s her name?
How and where we met?
Have you applied for a tourist visa before? No
Have you traveled out of Nigeria before?
Have you been arrested before? No
Have you ever been involved in drugs? No
Can I see proof of relationship?
How many times she visited? Just once
When were you engaged?
Do you have kids
Does she have kids
Have you been married before
As she been married before
How old are you
How is your fiancé
Where do I work?
What kind of work do I plan to do in US?

Then she said congratulations your visa is approved. Should be ready in two weeks at this pick up location and make sure you read through the pamphlet. Enjoy the rest of your day.

The above questions are not really in order of how it was asked but the questions were asked in a relaxed way. Spent about 7 minutes with her.

Tips that might help:
1. Put God first
2. Don’t let anyone infuse fear in you
3. Smile or laugh when answering question, it relaxes you.
4. It’s normal to be nervous, I was too. But the moment the CO called me, her approach relaxes me immediately. Kindly compose yourself to expect anything from the CO on your first approach.
5. No one knows your fiancé (e) better than you, find that expression when answering questions.
6. I noticed all the consulate at IV section seems kind and compassionate. So, if they drill you with questions, bear in mind that they are just doing there job and are willing to approve you when they are convinced.

Wishing everyone the very best.

Congrats once again man and I wish you and your better half all the best. Thanks for sharing your transcript

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by jokunle(m): 4:39pm On Jan 09, 2020
[quote author=dicsnemma post=85648195][/quote]

I’m happy for you. Congrats.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by dicsnemma: 4:43pm On Jan 09, 2020
[quote author=jokunle post=85648994]

I’m happy for you. Congrats.

I am yet to go for my interview o bro. But I’ll accept the “congrats” in advance, so thank you ��
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by jokunle(m): 5:07pm On Jan 09, 2020
[quote author=dicsnemma post=85649080][/quote]

Haha. Amen bro. Me I’m just starting the whole process sha. But I want to ask a question. I can’t find my old chat. I can only find my chat from 2019 with her. Is that a problem ?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by dicsnemma: 5:55pm On Jan 09, 2020
[quote author=jokunle post=85649732]

Haha. Amen bro. Me I’m just starting the whole process sha. But I want to ask a question. I can’t find my old chat. I can only find my chat from 2019 with her. Is that a problem ?

Did you change your phone? If you can find the chats perfect, but if you can’t, ensure you back up your chats henceforth so as not to loose them later. Start doing screenshots of your call records with her too, especially if it’s WhatsApp calls(voice/video).
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by jokunle(m): 6:49pm On Jan 09, 2020
Thanks bro [quote author=dicsnemma post=85650981][/quote]
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jan 09, 2020
jokunle:

Not really use to NL. Sorry. So, if one has Vaccine-Preventable Diseases can they be guaranteed visa ? Or once they notice you have health conditions. They automatically deny you visa
No. They don't deny, it depends of the CO decision and your situation. If you have a contagious decease, you are asked to cure it before to go. If your fiance(e) spouse have you covered with Insurance, you get visa. I know about bad x rays cases, the people got visa with a note to have a treatment in US.
Nowadays it also depends how CO see you as a possible welfare case or not. Each case is different.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 8:49pm On Jan 09, 2020
SmartKitty:

No. They don't deny, it depends of the CO decision and your situation. If you have a contagious decease, you are asked to cure it before to go. If your fiance(e) spouse have you covered with Insurance, you get visa. I know about bad x rays cases, the people got visa with a note to have a treatment in US.
Nowadays it also depends how CO see you as a possible welfare case or not. Each case is different.
I love the good news and positive vibes flowing here, congratulations to everyone getting approved

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by jokunle(m): 8:59pm On Jan 09, 2020
SmartKitty:

Thanks

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Gudnexvincent(f): 12:15am On Jan 10, 2020
Pls how can my fiance expedite his passport, and what reasons can he possibly give. Is there a way to probably pay extra fee for it? We already concluded all plans for him to come by the end of February only for him to find out he needs a passport as he has never needed one for anything before. Is there a way to expedite it? I need you people to help us and guide us through this process.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Kokomo: 12:47am On Jan 10, 2020
Please for k1-visa, which one should I select when scheduling my visa interview

B1 - VISITOR FOR BUSINESS
B1/B2 - VISITOR FOR BUSINESS AND PLEASURE
B2 - VISITOR FOR PLEASURE OR MEDICAL TREATMENT
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 12:49am On Jan 10, 2020
Gudnexvincent:
Pls how can my fiance expedite his passport, and what reasons can he possibly give. Is there a way to probably pay extra fee for it? We already concluded all plans for him to come by the end of February only for him to find out he needs a passport as he has never needed one for anything before. Is there a way to expedite it? I need you people to help us and guide us through this process.
Useless people.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 12:55am On Jan 10, 2020
Kokomo:
Please for k1-visa, which one should I select when scheduling my visa interview

B1 - VISITOR FOR BUSINESS
B1/B2 - VISITOR FOR BUSINESS AND PLEASURE
B2 - VISITOR FOR PLEASURE OR MEDICAL TREATMENT
??
K1 Visa is the application your American fiance(e) should apply. It's NOT your application.
https://www.uscis.gov/i-129f
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Kokomo: 12:58am On Jan 10, 2020
SmartKitty:

??
K1 Visa is the application your American fiance(e) should apply. It's NOT your application.
https://www.uscis.gov/i-129f

I am on this page on the schedule appoint

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 1:02am On Jan 10, 2020
Kokomo:

I am on this page on the schedule appoint
go back and try Immigrant visas, maybe K1 is there
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Kokomo: 1:06am On Jan 10, 2020
SmartKitty:

Thanks sorted,, where on the GTB form is the receipt number
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 1:11am On Jan 10, 2020
Kokomo:

Thanks sorted,, where on the GTB form is the receipt number
16-digit visa fee receipt number printed on your receipt.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Kokomo: 1:12am On Jan 10, 2020
SmartKitty:

Pleasde I need assistant, on the visa schedule page, they only give option for first name and last name, no middle name and the instruction saay we should ensure name are record as done in the DS-160

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by jokunle(m): 1:16am On Jan 10, 2020
Ok
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 1:19am On Jan 10, 2020
Kokomo:

Pleasde I need assistant, on the visa schedule page, they only give option for first name and last name, no middle name and the instruction saay we should ensure name are record as done in the DS-160
Try to type in the First Name Box, first the name, then space and middle name. I don't know if it works in your form but in US we always type in the First Name box
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by jokunle(m): 1:20am On Jan 10, 2020
SmartKitty:

Try to type in the First Name Box, first the name, then space and middle name. I don't know if it works in your form but in US we always type in the First Name box

You have been really helpful and I appreciate your blunt replies. Check the Thread for the new question I just asked

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 1:23am On Jan 10, 2020
jokunle:
First question I wanted to be sure of is. I met her on twitter and our old chats is not traceable because she deactivated. Second is. We only chat on Instagram. We do video calls and all of that but some of our chat are very private that CO shouldn’t even see. Is our chat traceable by them? Or it’s what I show them that they will go with. When I mean chats they shouldn’t see , like private videos and pictures sort of
Lol, just last night I was watching the comedy about a visa interview. Don't worry about them seeing something private, anyway they see everything. And yes, they can trace all, even deleted messages.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by jokunle(m): 1:25am On Jan 10, 2020
SmartKitty:

Lol, just last night I was watching the comedy about a visa interview. Don't worry about them seeing something private, anyway they see everything. And yes, they can trace all, even deleted messages.

Thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (261) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 / Travelling To Canada

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.