Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,445 members, 7,888,390 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 06:33 AM

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread - Travel (112) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread (445323 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (261) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Sukey: 6:23pm On Jan 13, 2020
@legitbachelor @drenimarcus,I’m conflicted as to what is required to file for AOS after marriage,I’m reading something on VJ that says that I’ll have to do medicals again And see a civil surgeon,did y’all do the same thing to file for AOS or I don’t need it?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 6:42pm On Jan 13, 2020
Sukey:
@legitbachelor @drenimarcus,I’m conflicted as to what is required to file for AOS after marriage,I’m reading something on VJ that says that I’ll have to do medicals again And see a civil surgeon,did y’all do the same thing to file for AOS or I don’t need it?

Hi, you don’t need another medicals. That 3025 is valid for a year.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by dicsnemma: 7:23pm On Jan 13, 2020
brownesugar:

@dicsnemma you can use office clips and stapler to hold your docs,for me no one disturbed or complain about my stapled documents or office clips..infact is better to have your documents arranged in sequential order stapled or clipped together to avoid delays when tension grips hold of the applicant... best wishes

Please how many passport photographs is needed at the interview?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by dicsnemma: 11:50pm On Jan 13, 2020
dicsnemma:

Got it.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by brownesugar: 3:45am On Jan 14, 2020
dicsnemma:

@dicsnemma take five along but the officers in the cubbicle asked for two
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by brownesugar: 3:47am On Jan 14, 2020
Dutchleez:

Oh, same with mine.
I just hope it won’t exceed the two weeks or perhaps sooner.

@dutchleez if there is no request for additional information or documents from them by 7 business days your visa status should have changed to issued,cos mined changed to issued yesterday so expecting their pick up message anytime from now.. heard it doesnt take up to two weeks. so,soon you will get it..cheers

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by dicsnemma: 9:47am On Jan 14, 2020
brownesugar:

@dicsnemma take five along but the officers in the cubbicle asked for two

Thanks @brownesugar. I appreciate you.
brownesugar:

@dutchleez if there is no request for additional information or documents from them by 7 business days your visa status should have changed to issued,cos mined changed to issued yesterday so expecting their pick up message anytime from now.. heard it doenst take up to two weeks. so,soon you will get it..cheers

That was fast. Congrats once again

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Dutchleez(m): 9:51am On Jan 14, 2020
brownesugar:

@dutchleez if there is no request for additional information or documents from them by 7 business days your visa status should have changed to issued,cos mined changed to issued yesterday so expecting their pick up message anytime from now.. heard it doenst take up to two weeks. so,soon you will get it..cheers

No additional information or document was requested.
Thanks for the info and I’d keep you informed when I have an update. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by brownesugar: 11:29am On Jan 14, 2020
dicsnemma:

Thanks @brownesugar. I appreciate you.

That was fast. Congrats once again

Thanks @ dicsnemma grin
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by seyimuyide(m): 4:12pm On Jan 14, 2020
I hear that the day people submit their documents, is the day we will be waiting still reach 1year to get approved, but I was confuse because my wife submit the documents in August 5, 2019 and they send my wife receipt that they have seen it, and later they send message to my wife that our document in under review in October 22, 2019. Do we need to be counting it from August still will reach 1year to get approved or we will be counting it from October still will reach 1year to get approved

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jan 14, 2020
seyimuyide:
I hear that the day people submit their documents, is the day we will be waiting still reach 1year to get approved, but I was confuse because my wife submit the documents in August 5, 2019 and they send my wife receipt that they have seen it, and later they send message to my wife that our document in under review in October 22, 2019. Do we need to be counting it from August still will reach 1year to get approved or we will be counting it from October still will reach 1year to get approved

Are u applying for a spousal visa or a fiance visa.
I guess it is a spousal visa and at such, you should be on the spouse visa thread on nairaland as this thread is for fiance(e) visa.

But to answer your question. If you are talking about spouse visa, i guess you should start counting from when you were been notified that your payment has been received.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by seyimuyide(m): 8:28am On Jan 15, 2020
it is a spousal visa and thanks for your reply
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by NTUk1: 12:34pm On Jan 15, 2020
Good day people, for those who did their medical exam in Abuja at MHAC. Did you make payment before attending your appointment. I called them to make an Enquiry and book an appointment and I’m being told I need to bring proof of payment while coming for the appointment I was also given an account number. Pls help me confirm this I don’t want to be scammed.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by dicsnemma: 3:30pm On Jan 15, 2020
NTUk1:
Good day people, for those who did their medical exam in Abuja at MHAC. Did you make payment before attending your appointment. I called them to make an Enquiry and book an appointment and I’m being told I need to bring proof of payment while coming for the appointment I was also given an account number. Pls help me confirm this I don’t want to be scammed.

Those who did their medical in Abuja should please give a response to this.

In my own opinion, if the account details tallies with the name of the Clinic and you got the details from their contact information via google, then you should be fine. I heard QLife also confirms your appointment only after you make payment.

PS: Read the reviews too. It helps a lot.

Cheers
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Dutchleez(m): 4:12pm On Jan 15, 2020
NTUk1:

Oh yeah. I did mine in Abuja and payment was made before attending my appointment.
Find attached details of the account that was given to me if it tally with yours.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by NTUk1: 4:36pm On Jan 15, 2020
dicsnemma:

In my own opinion, if the account details tallies with the name of the Clinic and you got the details from their contact information via google, then you should be fine. I heard QLife also confirms your appointment only after you make payment.

Cheers
dicsnemma:

Cheers
Thank you, someone had replied
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by NTUk1: 4:37pm On Jan 15, 2020
Dutchleez:

Oh yeah. I did mine in Abuja and payment was made before attending my appointment.
Find attached details of the account that was given to me if it tally with yours.
Oh great! Everything tallies! Thanks for the info
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by dicsnemma: 6:37pm On Jan 15, 2020
NTUk1:

Thank you, someone had replied

Great!!!
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by dicsnemma: 6:37pm On Jan 15, 2020
@disguy1. How far man? Everything good on your end?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by NTUk1: 7:19pm On Jan 15, 2020
Pls what financial documents are being requested at the embassy? Is it tax transcripts or tax returns. And how many years

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by disguy1: 7:27pm On Jan 15, 2020
dicsnemma:
@disguy1. How far man? Everything good on your end?

Yh bruh. Wishing us the best outcome and marvellous testimonies tomorrow....

4 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 7:45pm On Jan 15, 2020
disguy1:

I wish the both of you success tomorrow, I'm waiting to read the transcript of your goodnews, please dish the transcript for us as e d hot, don't wait till evening wink

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sharpman1(m): 7:59pm On Jan 15, 2020
NTUk1:
Pls what financial documents are being requested at the embassy? Is it tax transcripts or tax returns. And how many years

You can take both but the tax transcripts from the IRS is better.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by dicsnemma: 8:02pm On Jan 15, 2020
disguy1:

Amen bro. I look forward to hearing the good news from you.

Treasureprince1:
I wish the both of you success tomorrow, I'm waiting to read the transcript of your goodnews, please dish the transcript for us as e d hot, don't wait till evening wink

Amen bro. It will all end in praise by the grace of God

3 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Dutchleez(m): 8:19pm On Jan 15, 2020
@disguy1 and dicsnemma, go and come back with a great testimony. You two have my best wishes for tomorrow.

3 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by frypuffpuff(m): 8:31pm On Jan 15, 2020
@disguy1 and @dicsnemma. All the best tomorrow. Your successes is sure. No shaking!

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by NTUk1: 8:32pm On Jan 15, 2020
sharpman1:

You can take both but the tax transcripts from the IRS is better.
Thanks dear I appreciate your reply.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by dicsnemma: 9:04pm On Jan 15, 2020
Dutchleez:
@disguy1 and dicsnemma, go and come back with a great testimony. You two have my best wishes for tomorrow.

frypuffpuff:
@disguy1 and @dicsnemma. All the best tomorrow. Your successes is sure. No shaking!

Amen!! Thanks Guys
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sandraigho: 3:43am On Jan 16, 2020
Pls does anyone have an idea of the earliest available date for interview?
Also, any idea of the cheapest medical one can get to do in Lagos

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by dicsnemma: 10:53am On Jan 16, 2020
Visa granted guys!!! My interview took barely 3mins. To God be all the glory!!!

I will be sharing my transcript (though it’s very short o) soon as I get home as am driving.

8 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by NTUk1: 11:37am On Jan 16, 2020
dicsnemma:
Visa granted guys!!! My interview took barely 3mins. To God be all the glory!!!

I will be sharing my transcript (though it’s very short o) soon as I get home as am driving.
Amazing news!! Congratulations!

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by disguy1: 12:11pm On Jan 16, 2020
I got approved!!!

Questions asked:
Who petitioned for you?
Where does she live?
How did you guys meet?
Where did she stay during her last visit? Told him, my place for 3 week in Dec 2019.
Were her parents ok with her staying with you?
Have both your parents discussed the bride price?

He then gave me 2 papers (visa pickup instructions and IMBRA) and told me visa will be ready for pickup in 2 weeks.
He also advised against getting married before entering the states as that would invalidate the visa.

@Dicsnemma, what number were you? Were u d guy in white?

Wish all intending interviewees the best of luck!

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (261) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 / Travelling To Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.