Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,963 members, 7,873,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:00 AM

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread - Travel (134) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread (441712 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (260) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by NTUk1: 3:42pm On Feb 24, 2020
Someone Just posted on VJ that Myanmar approved K1 visas today at their embassy. Their restrictions are the same with ours. But until We know what’s happening at the Lagos embassy I don’t think we should get our hopes up yet.

3 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by BENSU: 4:58pm On Feb 24, 2020
Post the Myanmar vj link here please

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by paosca20: 5:15pm On Feb 24, 2020
sandraigho:

I'm in Lag

Cool! I’ll send u a dm
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by NTUk1: 5:49pm On Feb 24, 2020
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 7:57pm On Feb 24, 2020
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by NTUk1: 8:53pm On Feb 24, 2020
kentoski:
Guys please could you spare a minute to help me out here.

My cousin just called me to say she's just being invited for her visa interview, she got married in late 2018 (her hubby is a US citizen), and they've been in the process of processing her visa so she could join him...the the IR1 visa. Please is there anything she needs to know? What to expect and pitfalls to avoid?

Secondly, she was also instructed to book a medical at Qlife or IOM, which of this is better option? and importantly, she's currently pregnant, her hubby spent quite a holiday last Xmas & new yr in naija, grin ...would this affect the medical or outcome of the interview in anyway?

Any clarifications and responses will be deeply appreciated. Thank you.
She should book her medical and attend. But she has to disclose to them that she’s pregnant so she can be given a double shield during the chest X-ray to protect her baby. The pregnancy may help the outcome of the interview and help her get a waiver. But don’t quote me.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 9:00pm On Feb 24, 2020
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by NTUk1: 9:53pm On Feb 24, 2020
kentoski:

Thank you,

I won't quote you, Lol

But could you explain better, what kind of waiver?
I don’t know much about the waivers for now. It’s supposed to be given based on individual circumstances by the consular officer. I don’t know much about it.

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Laboutique: 10:38pm On Feb 24, 2020
sandraigho:

I've got till April so i hope i decide on what to do before then.
When is your interview?

Well hurry up so that when you are ready there would still be dates available before your case expiration date,because that in itself is an issue
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sandraigho: 10:52pm On Feb 24, 2020
Laboutique:

Well hurry up so that when you are ready there would still be dates available before your case expiration date,because that in itself is an issue

Thanks much.

Ive learnt from here that all you need to ensure is to book the interview before the expiration date. It doesn't matter if you get a date afterwards.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by NTUk1: 11:03pm On Feb 24, 2020
sandraigho:

Thanks much.

Ive learnt from here that all you need to ensure is to book the interview before the expiration date. It doesn't matter if you get a date afterwards.
I’ve actually heard of people getting denied because their interview date was after the expiry of their petition and the consular officer didn’t extend their petition. I think you should fix a date to avoid any complications.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sandraigho: 11:34pm On Feb 24, 2020
NTUk1:

I’ve actually heard of people getting denied because their interview date was after the expiry of their petition and the consular officer didn’t extend their petition. I think you should fix a date to avoid any complications.

Really?
Not heard of such
Thanks for the info
Will surely fix a date...
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by emmarino(m): 11:45pm On Feb 24, 2020
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by paosca20: 7:42am On Feb 25, 2020
I sent an email to US Embassy in Krygystan, concerning the k-1 visa and they just confirmed that it is not affected! Krygystan has the same ban as Nigeria, so I wonder why US embassy in Nigeria is acting shady and withholding information. It is clear that k-1 visa is not affected.

3 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 8:07am On Feb 25, 2020
Thank you bros for the so much positive vibes, I no understand why US embassy just d speak grammar for this side instead of make dem just talk YES or NO

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by NTUk1: 8:13am On Feb 25, 2020
paosca20:
I sent an email to US Embassy in Krygystan, concerning the k-1 visa and they just confirmed that it is not affected! Krygystan has the same ban as Nigeria, so I wonder why US embassy in Nigeria is acting shady and withholding information. It is clear that k-1 visa is not affected.
God bless you for going out of your way to do this. I was thinking about why they were being shady before and the only thought that came to my mind is that they might want to deny more K1 applicants and hide under this travel ban saga. But God dey.
So now 2 countries have confirmed that the K1 is exempt from the ban.

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by paosca20: 8:36am On Feb 25, 2020
NTUk1:

God bless you for going out of your way to do this. I was thinking about why they were being shady before and the only thought that came to my mind is that they might want to deny more K1 applicants and hide under this travel ban saga. But God dey.
So now 2 countries have confirmed that the K1 is exempt from the ban.

Sis, it is crystal clear that k-1 visa isn’t affected, and I want to believe they will do the right thing! For those with NVC approvals, you guys should schedule your interviews and do the needful! K-1 visa is a non-immigrant visa!

4 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by NTUk1: 8:48am On Feb 25, 2020
paosca20:

Sis, it is crystal clear that k-1 visa isn’t affected, and I want to believe they will do the right thing! For those with NVC approvals, you guys should schedule your interviews and do the needful! K-1 visa is a non-immigrant visa!
I really pray they do. Thanks a lot for your encouragement and support, we shall all testify.

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by paosca20: 9:20am On Feb 25, 2020
NTUk1:

I really pray they do. Thanks a lot for your encouragement and support, we shall all testify.

Amen
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 10:42am On Feb 25, 2020
NTUk1:

I don’t know much about the waivers for now. It’s supposed to be given based on individual circumstances by the consular officer. I don’t know much about it.

Oh, okay...Trump's ban affect her too? Even though they started the process way before this year?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 11:03am On Feb 25, 2020
Please do i need to pay visa fee before filling ds160 form or do i need to fill the form before paying the fees, I need a little guidance on this please

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by paosca20: 11:24am On Feb 25, 2020
You can do anyone! It doesn’t matter
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 11:32am On Feb 25, 2020
Please can you guide me a little?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by NTUk1: 12:01pm On Feb 25, 2020
Treasureprince1:
Please can you guide me a little?
Start filling the Ds160 form, while you’re at it you can go to any Gtbank branch with a copy of your passport data page and visa fee of 98,050. Tell them you want to pay for the K1 visa category. They will give you a payment confirmation that contains your payment reference number. Go to ustraveldocs.com create an account and schedule your appointment. Make sure the confirmation number on your appointment letter tallies with that of your ds160 confirmation number. If not call the customer care line and they will fix that for you.

3 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 12:45pm On Feb 25, 2020
NTUk1:

Start filling the Ds160 form, while you’re at it you can go to any Gtbank branch with a copy of your passport data page and visa fee of 98,050. Tell them you want to pay for the K1 visa category. They will give you a payment confirmation that contains your payment reference number. Go to ustraveldocs.com create an account and schedule your appointment. Make sure the confirmation number on your appointment letter tallies with that of your ds160 confirmation number. If not call the customer care line and they will fix that for you.
thank you

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by dicsnemma: 2:04pm On Feb 25, 2020
Treasureprince1:
Please do i need to pay visa fee before filling ds160 form or do i need to fill the form before paying the fees, I need a little guidance on this please

I’ll suggest you fill the DS 160 form first before paying the visa fee. You can create your profile on ustraveldocs after paying the visa fee using your CGI print out from GTbank. Good luck

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sandraigho: 5:35pm On Feb 25, 2020
Someone just confirmed on VJ that her fiance was interviewed this morning and approved.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 5:40pm On Feb 25, 2020
sandraigho:
Someone just confirmed on VJ that her fiance was interviewed this morning and approved.
yes o, I just saw it, God abeg o

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 5:41pm On Feb 25, 2020
dicsnemma:

I’ll suggest you fill the DS 160 form first before paying the visa fee. You can create your profile on ustraveldocs after paying the visa fee using your CGI print out from GTbank. Good luck
thanks a lot,
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sandraigho: 6:14pm On Feb 25, 2020
Treasureprince1:
yes o, I just saw it, God abeg o

I specifically asked her where the interview was held & she replied...Lagos!
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 7:02pm On Feb 25, 2020
select500:

@codemaster2much

Sorry about the denial. However, I don't think there's any need of getting an Immigration lawyer because you can't appeal a K-1 Visa denial.

I believe the rule is that you can only appeal a Spousal (CR-1) Visa denial.

I stand to be corrected though.

@LegitBachelor, @Drenimarcus, @sharpman1, & others...... your thoughts please

All the best.
Appealing such denial is almost impossible. This is because the casefile is sent back to USCIS so the embassy can't be approached for any appeal since they've washed their hands off the case. And since it wasn't USCIS that denied the petition, appealing to the USCIS will almost not yield anything positive.

The reason for the denial is mostly suspicion of fraud. So the best route moat people take after being denied is to get married, gather more evidence of genuine relationship and then apply via the Spousal Visa Route.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 7:06pm On Feb 25, 2020
sandraigho:
Wow this is good news. I'm so happy.

However I must advice that we all make sure we cross our 'i's and dot our 't's in preparation for the interview so that the CO will see the genuineness in your relationship during the interview. Also don't forget to put everything in God's Hands.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (260) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 / Travelling To Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.