Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,786 members, 7,875,961 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:15 AM

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread - Travel (136) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread (442392 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (261) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 3:39pm On Feb 26, 2020
emmarino:

Well-done bro.
thanks man, please hang in there a bit, I'm so sure your noa2 approval is imminent, we're all rooting for you

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by folarinstr: 5:09pm On Feb 26, 2020
sandraigho:

Does this mean they think you're married
OR
Did you ever fill a US application form in the past and indicated Married on the previous application before this K1?

Even if he has said hes at the previous application but came with a divorce certificate or letter, will he be granted?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by NTUk1: 5:44pm On Feb 26, 2020
folarinstr:

Even if he has said hes at the previous application but came with a divorce certificate or letter, will he be granted?
Yh. The problem is when you lie on a previous application that you’re married and can’t provide a divorce certificate for the previous marriage obviously because it was a lie.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by folarinstr: 5:58pm On Feb 26, 2020
NTUk1:

Yh. The problem is when you lie on a previous application that you’re married and can’t provide a divorce certificate for the previous marriage obviously because it was a lie.

Bro, this is what i mean. Let me use myself as example, in my last B1/B2 interview appearance, thats 2years ago, i filled in my DS-160 that im married but
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by folarinstr: 6:02pm On Feb 26, 2020
NTUk1:

Bro, this is what i mean. Let me use myself as example, in my last B1/B2 interview appearance, thats 2years ago, i filled in my DS-160 that im married but to a Nigerian.
Now, ive met a new love from US after i and my nigerian wife has gone our separate ways 6months ago
So, my question is, if i apply for K1 visa with a divorce certificate of my Nigerian ex, will i be denied?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by folarinstr: 6:05pm On Feb 26, 2020
NTUk1:

And pls, what package is the best, easiest and fastest without hitch when it comes to fiancee visas. I learnt there are others aside K1 visa
Pls, i await your response, thanks in anticipation
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by NTUk1: 6:06pm On Feb 26, 2020
folarinstr:

Bro, this is what i mean. Let me use myself as example, in my last B1/B2 interview appearance, thats 2years ago, i filled in my DS-160 that im married but to a Nigerian.
Now, ive met a new love from US after i and my nigerian wife has gone our separate ways 6months ago
So, my question is, if i apply for K1 visa with a divorce certificate of my Nigerian ex, will i be denied?
As long as you’re saying the truth I don’t see any issues. But I’m not a consular Officer.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by josephwilliamsd(m): 6:07pm On Feb 26, 2020
I think your status will now change from married to divorced which makes you eligible to contract a legal marriage with your USA girlfriend but you must show a divorce certificate or judgement from a high court as proof that you guys have gone separate ways.
folarinstr:

3 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by josephwilliamsd(m): 6:17pm On Feb 26, 2020
josephwilliamsd:
I think your status will now change from married to divorced which makes you eligible to contract a legal marriage with your USA girlfriend but you must show a divorce certificate or judgement from a high court as proof that you guys have gone separate ways.
someone on this thread made had this same issue he got divorced (I think from a customary court) and he didn't change it to show that it was gotten from a high court and he was denied visa even when he showed them the judgement from the customary court. Maybe you should go through the beginning of this thread.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by folarinstr: 6:38pm On Feb 26, 2020
NTUk1:

As long as you’re saying the truth I don’t see any issues. But I’m not a consular Officer.

Its all truth
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by folarinstr: 6:43pm On Feb 26, 2020
josephwilliamsd:
someone on this thread made had this same issue he got divorced (I think from a customary court) and he didn't change it to show that it was gotten from a high court and he was denied visa even when he showed them the judgement from the customary court. Maybe you should go through the beginning of this thread.

Yes, and thats why im asking before anything. I did just traditional wedding, so i spoke with someone about it at ikoyi registry and he said theres traditional wedding doesnt need high court judgement but now that i know i will undermost seek the high court judgement, thanks so much

Pls, what fiancee visa process is the best, easiest and fastest to do? I learnt there are others aside K1 visa, pls i wait to hear from you, thanks
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by folarinstr: 6:43pm On Feb 26, 2020
Pls house,
what fiancee visa process is the best, easiest and fastest to do? I learnt there are others aside K1 visa, pls i wait to hear from you, thanks
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sandraigho: 7:08pm On Feb 26, 2020
NTUk1:

Exactly!
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by kunlelikeme: 7:27pm On Feb 26, 2020
Kk
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by seyimuyide(m): 7:45pm On Feb 26, 2020
There is a Question that asks, do you have the required vaccination, please can anyone tell me more about vaccination

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sandraigho: 8:01pm On Feb 26, 2020
kunlelikeme:
It seems that the K1visa is not affected by the ban but its a visa for immigrant intent. I have asked this before but I just hope that we can be able to change our status when we enter.
MI fiance called uscis and they said that we cafn still change our status when we come in with K1 visa.
If not I and my fiance have agreed to get married in there, then we file for spousal visa while I return to Europe to work and tidy up things. We can also apply for non-immigrant k3 visa which will allow me have multiple entry until the spousal petition I130 is approved instead of waiting for adjustment of status.
I hope I am not making a wrong decision though

You have called and was told you can adjust status.
Why complicate issues with those other options?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by emmarino(m): 8:13pm On Feb 26, 2020
Treasureprince1:
thanks man, please hang in there a bit, I'm so sure your noa2 approval is imminent, we're all rooting for you
Tnx bro..am here waiting positively.
Wishing u n everyone here much success.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by paosca20: 8:18pm On Feb 26, 2020
seyimuyide:
There is a Question that asks, do you have the required vaccination, please can anyone tell me more about vaccination

Answer YES! Because by the time you’ll go for the interview, you would have done your medical, and they would have already administered those vaccines

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by paosca20: 8:23pm On Feb 26, 2020
folarinstr:

Oga, if you’re thinking of presenting a fake divorce certificate, you’re only gonna cause more problems for yourself! If you lied that you were married, just continue with your lie and forget about K-1 visa!

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 8:23pm On Feb 26, 2020
paosca20:

Answer YES! Because by the time you’ll go for the interview, you would have done your medical, and they would have already administered those vaccines
I answered yes too grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by paosca20: 8:26pm On Feb 26, 2020
Treasureprince1:
I answered yes too grin grin grin grin

Cool! You’ll get the vaccines when you go for your medical
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by paosca20: 8:36pm On Feb 26, 2020
This group is now active! Thank God the ban doesn’t affect k-1! Y’all shouldn’t get over excited because you’ve not crossed the finish line yet! Be humble and prepare form your interview! I can assure you that you’ll be extremely nervous on the morning of the interview���� For those of you filling your DS-160, make sure everything you fill tallies with what your fiancé stated on the I-129f petition. Don’t contradict anything, and for guys, don’t go and sleep with any girl without CD oo! If Gono catch you before medical day, na OYO o! Enjoy guys�

Me, I’m just stress-free for now! Passport with k-1 visa is cooling in my wardrope�

4 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by molybdenum0012: 8:39pm On Feb 26, 2020
kunlelikeme:
It seems that the K1visa is not affected by the ban but its a visa for immigrant intent. I have asked this before but I just hope that we can be able to change our status when we enter.
MI fiance called uscis and they said that we cafn still change our status when we come in with K1 visa.
If not I and my fiance have agreed to get married in there, then we file for spousal visa while I return to Europe to work and tidy up things. We can also apply for non-immigrant k3 visa which will allow me have multiple entry until the spousal petition I130 is approved instead of waiting for adjustment of status.
I hope I am not making a wrong decision though

I doubt if it is possible to do adjustment of K1 visa to Immigrant one since the ban says no issuance of immigrant visa to Nigerians.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by NTUk1: 8:39pm On Feb 26, 2020
folarinstr:

Pls house,
what fiancee visa process is the best, easiest and fastest to do? I learnt there are others aside K1 visa, pls i wait to hear from you, thanks
Not that I’m aware of, it’s only the K1 visa process available for fiancés.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by NTUk1: 8:42pm On Feb 26, 2020
molybdenum0012:

I doubt if it is possible to do adjustment of K1 visa to Immigrant one since the ban says no issuance of immigrant visa to Nigerians.
Hey God!!! Pls have you read the proclamation document at all? To the best of my understanding the ban does not affect those in the US that are adjusting status. When you adjust status you don’t get an immigrant visa you get a green card....Abi? Pls elders correct me let’s know what we are doing. Someone pls clarify this.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by NTUk1: 8:45pm On Feb 26, 2020
paosca20:
This group is now active! Thank God the ban doesn’t affect k-1! Y’all shouldn’t get over excited because you’ve not crossed the finish line yet! Be humble and prepare form your interview! I can assure you that you’ll be extremely nervous on the morning of the interview���� For those of you filling your DS-160, make sure everything you fill tallies with what your fiancé stated on the I-129f petition. Don’t contradict anything, and for guys, don’t go and sleep with any girl without CD oo! If Gono catch you before medical day, na OYO o! Enjoy guys�

Me, I’m just stress-free for now! Passport with k-1 visa is cooling in my wardrope�
Nervous is an understatement cheesy cheesy that Gono part Lmaoo don’t kill me Abeg

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by paosca20: 8:51pm On Feb 26, 2020
NTUk1:

Nervous is an understatement cheesy cheesy that Gono part Lmaoo don’t kill me Abeg

Yessoh! Some guys like to smart! They better heed my warning and abstain LOL! This goes for the girls too! Another important thing, when the doctor asks you during medical whether you smoke weed, shisha or any hard drug! You must say NO! If you go and accept that you smoke weed, just kiss goodbye to your visa!
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by folarinstr: 8:55pm On Feb 26, 2020
paosca20:

Oga, if you’re thinking of presenting a fake divorce certificate, you’re only gonna cause more problems for yourself! If you lied that you were married, just continue with your lie and forget about K-1 visa!

Mr? I just told you all im saying is nothing but truth. Why would i lie? Or is it a crime to ask questions of what i dont know here? Na wa o!

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by paosca20: 8:58pm On Feb 26, 2020
folarinstr:

Mr? I just told you all im saying is nothing but truth. Why would i lie? Or is it a crime to ask questions of what i dont know here? Na wa o!

No vex bro! How do u intend to get the divorce cert?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by NTUk1: 8:58pm On Feb 26, 2020
paosca20:

Yessoh! Some guys like to smart! They better heed my warning and abstain LOL! This goes for the girls too! Another important thing, when the doctor asks you during medical whether you smoke weed, shisha or any hard drug! You must say NO! If you go and accept that you smoke weed, just kiss goodbye to your visa!
Yh, I read on Vj that if you smoke weed it’s a one year ban, then you will redo your Medicals to prove you aren’t smoking again but this was another country I don’t know if they will give anyone that chance in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by folarinstr: 9:00pm On Feb 26, 2020
NTUk1:

Not that I’m aware of, it’s only the K1 visa process available for fiancés.

Im sorry for disturbing your peace.
My understanding to K1 is that the intending couples are just to meet in person while the foreign spouse goes back to file for the spouse here and all this lasts between 5 to 7months

But what about the package that the couples marries when the foreign spouse visits?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by paosca20: 9:04pm On Feb 26, 2020
NTUk1:

Yh, I read on Vj that if you smoke weed it’s a one year ban, then you will redo your Medicals to prove you aren’t smoking again but this was another country I don’t know if they will give anyone that chance in Nigeria.

Just don’t smoke weed LOL

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (261) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 / Travelling To Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.