Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,222 members, 7,907,326 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 08:20 AM

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread - Travel (251) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread (449667 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (261) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by InvestorTeeMan: 2:06am On Oct 22, 2023
Lilitobreeze11:
Hi everyone,I had my interview on the 18th of September and up till now I still haven’t gotten my passport back and my ceac status has been stuck on approved for over a week now,Is there anyone that’s going through the same issue or seen someone with the same issue
PS: I have called and sent different emails and nothing is working
Be patient bro, it may show approved but not stamped or printed yet. When stamped, your status will show ready for pick up. It will take couple of working days
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 4:10am On Oct 22, 2023
anduyo:

Congratulations!!!!🎊 in 4 years.
How long did you have to wait before applying for citizenship and how was the test and interview??

Married to USC and LPR for 3 years. Nothing spectacular about the test, just read and practice the civic questions. There are 100 of them and you get asked 10, if you get the first 6 answers correctly, you pass. Interview was just a recap of your day to day life.

Overall, nothing spectacular if your marriage is real and legit.

SSN updated and registered to vote.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sharpman1(m): 2:43am On Oct 23, 2023
Drenimarcus:
On 09/21/2023, my immigration journey came to an end. It has been a smooth journey, I was only interviewed once(citizenship). Sworn in as a citizen of the United States. Grateful to Jah and my wife who made this happen. Been a progressive 4 years tho not without issues.

My only advice to the newbies, be open minded and be wary of Nigerians. Hell, I say be extra, extra, extra wary of Nigerians.

Goodluck guys!

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Dreni.....wetin Nigerians do you?

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by johnwegs(m): 6:30am On Oct 25, 2023
Please how many days does it take one to get his visa to Nigeria at the states ,my fiancé did her visa interview at Georgia on the 13 both her passport and visa hasn’t gotten to her yet
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Wandeh: 9:26pm On Oct 26, 2023
Please is there a telegram or WhatsApp group to join. Been looking for interview date for a while now, someone should please help me out.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by rexralph1(m): 11:21am On Oct 27, 2023
Hi guys I am following this thread very much and I get to understand that it is all about K1 visa but mine is CR1 one and it is much similar to what is going on in this process. I really have a question I don't know if anyone is in my shoes as I went for my interview last month Sept 25 and I was given a letter 221(g) additional documents (cosponsor and divorce degree (I was having the divorce degree with me on the day of my interview anyway but they didn't ask of it even when I told the VO that I was with it,she said she only want to have a conversation with me not paper work) which I submitted back to them, now my question is,has anyone been in same shoes and later got the visa and how long did it take for that. as am really confuse at this point if anyone is in my shoes and have scale through, pls DM on WhatsApp +234 902 038 3732
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by InvestorTeeMan: 8:24pm On Oct 27, 2023
rexralph1:
Hi guys I am following this thread very much and I get to understand that it is all about K1 visa but mine is CR1 one and it is much similar to what is going on in this process. I really have a question I don't know if anyone is in my shoes as I went for my interview last month Sept 25 and I was given a letter 221(g) additional documents (cosponsor and divorce degree (I was having the divorce degree with me on the day of my interview anyway but they didn't ask of it even when I told the VO that I was with it,she said she only want to have a conversation with me not paper work) which I submitted back to them, now my question is,has anyone been in same shoes and later got the visa and how long did it take for that. as am really confuse at this point if anyone is in my shoes and have scale through, pls DM on WhatsApp +234 902 038 3732
This is not new at all, some times 221g takes weeks, months and in some cases it could be take a long time depending on when the embassy completes their investigation or get what they’re looking for. The longest have seen so far is a couple of months. So relax you will hear from them real soon as long as all the required documents you submitted are genuine your visa will be approved and issued.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by rexralph1(m): 8:44pm On Oct 27, 2023
InvestorTeeMan:

This is not new at all, some times 221g takes weeks, months and in some cases it could be take a long time depending on when the embassy completes their investigation or get what they’re looking for. The longest have seen so far is a couple of months. So relax you will hear from them real soon as long as all the required documents you submitted are genuine your visa will be approved and issued.

thanks
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by johnwegs(m): 11:35am On Oct 28, 2023
Please does Nigeria embassy deliver visa through mail at the states cause my fiancé visa collection is ready or should we wait till the deliver it to him
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 12:24pm On Oct 30, 2023
Wandeh:
Please is there a telegram or WhatsApp group to join. Been looking for interview date for a while now, someone should please help me out.
check now seem they opened up some dates this morning. it may be all snatched before the end of day. grab your copy now tongue

This applies to IR/CR also searching for dates. availability can not be guaranteed considering peeps may have taken it before you look.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by rexralph1(m): 8:03pm On Oct 31, 2023
Mandem101:

check now seem they opened up some dates this morning. it may be all snatched before the end of day. grab your copy now tongue

This applies to IR/CR also searching for dates. availability can not be guaranteed considering peeps may have taken it before you look.

IR1/CR1 is basically given a date of interview automatically by the embassy
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 6:09am On Nov 01, 2023
rexralph1:
IR1/CR1 is basically given a date of interview automatically by the embassy
read, comprehend before engaging in a conversation. Shalom!
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by rexralph1(m): 10:49am On Nov 01, 2023
Mandem101:

OK thanks
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by rexralph1(m): 10:50am On Nov 01, 2023
Mandem101:

OK thanks.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by anduyo: 11:02pm On Nov 01, 2023
Drenimarcus:

Married to USC and LPR for 3 years. Nothing spectacular about the test, just read and practice the civic questions. There are 100 of them and you get asked 10, if you get the first 6 answers correctly, you pass. Interview was just a recap of your day to day life.

Overall, nothing spectacular if your marriage is real and legit.

SSN updated and registered to vote.

So you applied 3 yrs from your wedding? I thought you have to wait for 10 year green card or after 5th year wedding anniversary.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Taal17: 11:08pm On Nov 01, 2023
anduyo:

So you applied 3 yrs from your wedding? I thought you have to wait for 10 year green card or after 5th year wedding anniversary.

If your green card was gotten from marriage then you can apply after 3yrs if you meet terms and conditions
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by aestake: 5:19am On Nov 02, 2023
rexralph1:

OK thanks
You were right.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by rexralph1(m): 8:29am On Nov 02, 2023
aestake:

You were right.

probably don't think so, as the other guy said, I should read and comprehend before engaging in conversation, so I guess I didn't read his statement where he said CR/IR,I thought he mean CR1/IR1 so I guess he might be right if the K1 is done that way and not the way CR1 is done. but he need to let me know tho since he knows more of what he is saying than ranting as if am his school student 😂😂😂
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by aestake: 11:45am On Nov 02, 2023
rexralph1:

probably don't think so, as the other guy said, I should read and comprehend before engaging in conversation, so I guess I didn't read his statement where he said CR/IR,I thought he mean CR1/IR1 so I guess he might be right if the K1 is done that way and not the way CR1 is done. but he need to let me know tho since he knows more of what he is saying than ranting as if am his school student 😂😂😂
IR and CR are the main roots. IR1 and CR1 are the main applicants while IR2 and CR2 are the beneficiaries. These applications' interviews are scheduled by the NVC through the embassy while K1s are done by the applicants. He put both on the same line and said what I don't know. Nigerians would say both eggs are big but the other one is small.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by rexralph1(m): 1:42pm On Nov 02, 2023
aestake:

IR and CR are the main roots. IR1 and CR1 are the main applicants while IR2 and CR2 are the beneficiaries. These applications' interviews are scheduled by the NVC through the embassy while K1s are done by the applicants. He put both on the same line and said what I don't know. Nigerians would say both eggs are big but the other one is small.

well explained 👏🏼 this is how one will be more enlightened. not one saying you should read and comprehend. that sound so disrespectful to me honestly

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 6:47pm On Nov 02, 2023
what does this sentence mean to you?

" This applies to IR/CR also searching for dates. availability can not be guaranteed considering peeps may have taken it before you look. "

aestake:

the bolded does not make sense with the issue at hand.

rexralph1:
well explained 👏🏼 this is how one will be more enlightened. not one saying you should read and comprehend. that sound so disrespectful to me honestly

you made a statement , you didn't ask a question for clarification. Hence, i asked you to read and comprehend before jumping on my response to someone else to see the context of my response. I have no reason to be disrespectful or talking to you as my school student as you have stated.

If you had read the statement and comprehended to whom i responded, I addressed the K1 applicant looking for dates. Then i stated it applies to IR/CR searching for dates because dates was available to that category as well (It's well known by most candidates of this class that nvc/embassy set the dates.) IR/CR candidate who search for dates in this category probably expedited their case or missed appointment.Hence they look for dates.

I guess it's my fault responding to the man/woman asking for help.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by rexralph1(m): 7:02pm On Nov 02, 2023
Mandem101:

" This applies to IR/CR also searching for dates. availability can not be guaranteed considering peeps may have taken it before you look. "

you made a statement , you didn't ask a question for clarification. Hence, i asked you to read and comprehend before jumping on my response to someone else to see the context of my response. I have no reason to be disrespectful or talking to you as my school student as you have stated.

If you had read the statement and comprehended to whom i responded, I addressed the K1 applicant looking for dates. Then i stated it applies to IR/CR searching for dates because dates was available to that category as well (It's well known by most candidates of this class that nvc/embassy set the dates.) IR/CR candidate who search for dates in this category probably expedited their case or missed appointment.Hence they look for dates.

its never your fault to answer anyone as we all here are trying to find a way out that's the main reason to be here. but anyway it is what it is
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by aestake: 9:02pm On Nov 02, 2023
Mandem101:

IR and CR applicants do not search for ANY INTERVIEW DATES (maybe when they missed the appointments). Even other family categories like F1, F3, F4, F2A and F2B don't as well. Once their applications are ready to go, NVC and embassy determine that and communicate. K1 searches and secures one when embassy opens it up likewise B1/B2, F1 (student) etc. K1 is seen as a non-immigrant application with immigration intent.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Happynfavoured(f): 2:35am On Nov 03, 2023
Unigwe1:
I get this message when trying to book my interview “Does your Immigrant visa case number start with LGS2019xxxxxx, LGS2020xxxxxx or LGS2021xxx Bleep?And this when I click No: “ Please note that at this point, you cannot proceed with scheduling your K visa appointment. Please wait to receive your notice that you are eligible to schedule your visa interview.”

Visa category is K1, does this mean the interview scheduling is done in batches ?

Please does someone have an answer to.this? I am.having exactly this issue. Do I click yes, even know my case number starts with LGS2023... ?

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Gabson4: 6:32am On Nov 03, 2023
i was able to book yesterday
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Gabson4: 6:35am On Nov 03, 2023
By Clicking on yes
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by kasonud(m): 6:42am On Nov 03, 2023
Please who has gone to the Enugu branch? kindly help a brother here.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by anduyo: 7:19pm On Nov 03, 2023
Taal17:

If your green card was gotten from marriage then you can apply after 3yrs if you meet terms and conditions
What are the terms and conditions?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by aestake: 10:26pm On Nov 03, 2023
anduyo:

What are the terms and conditions?
Marriage must be ongoing with lots of proofs. You prove it up again.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by L3unamm3(m): 7:07pm On Nov 09, 2023
Hello house, trust we are all doing well. please i need someone to walk me through the change of status process. thank you.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Najemi: 8:25pm On Nov 13, 2023
L3unamm3:
Hello house, trust we are all doing well. please i need someone to walk me through the change of status process. thank you.
check visa journey, you will find every information you need there.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by adigun27: 10:01pm On Nov 13, 2023
Plss house someone I met on nairaland introduce me to conference visa to USA he said 11 slot then 4 slot left plss how real can it be

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (261) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 / Travelling To Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.