Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,904 members, 7,883,141 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 02:29 AM

He Died For You. Guess Who? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / He Died For You. Guess Who? (1392 Views)

How Jesus Died For Our Sins : The Road To Easter / Ooni Of Ife’s Spirit Knocked My Door In Nigeria On The Day He Died – Prophet / Did Jesus Die for Our Sin? Which Sin? Ifeann Should Please Come In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Died For You. Guess Who? by karyurdey(m): 5:13pm On Apr 08, 2007
[color=#000099]Isaiah 53
1 Who has believed our message? To whom will the LORD reveal his saving power? 2My servant grew up in the LORD's presence like a tender green shoot, sprouting from a root in dry and sterile ground. There was nothing beautiful or majestic about his appearance, nothing to attract us to him. 3He was despised and rejected--a man of sorrows, acquainted with bitterest grief. We turned our backs on him and looked the other way when he went by. He was despised, and we did not care.
4Yet it was our weaknesses he carried; it was our sorrows that weighed him down. And we thought his troubles were a punishment from God for his own sins! 5But he was wounded and crushed for our sins. He was beaten that we might have peace. He was whipped, and we were healed! 6All of us have strayed away like sheep. We have left God's paths to follow our own. Yet the LORD laid on him the guilt and sins of us all.
7He was oppressed and treated harshly, yet he never said a word. He was led as a lamb to the slaughter. And as a sheep is silent before the shearers, he did not open his mouth. 8From prison and trial they led him away to his death. But who among the people realized that he was dying for their sins--that he was suffering their punishment? 9He had done no wrong, and he never deceived anyone. But he was buried like a criminal; he was put in a rich man's grave.
10But it was the LORD's good plan to crush him and fill him with grief. Yet when his life is made an offering for sin, he will have a multitude of children, many heirs. He will enjoy a long life, and the LORD's plan will prosper in his hands. 11When he sees all that is accomplished by his anguish, he will be satisfied. And because of what he has experienced, my righteous servant will make it possible for many to be counted righteous, for he will bear all their sins. 12I will give him the honors of one who is mighty and great, because he exposed himself to death. He was counted among those who were sinners. He bore the sins of many and interceded for sinners.
DO YOU BELEIVE THAT JESUS DIED FOR YOU. Happy easter Celebration!!!!!!!!!
Re: He Died For You. Guess Who? by macalurs(m): 2:22am On May 10, 2007
He died for whoever believes. I dont.
Re: He Died For You. Guess Who? by Eaglebabe: 1:57pm On Dec 01, 2009
Jesus died for me and l love him so much.There is no greater love than this,that a man should die for a crime he never committed that l might live.Oh how l love him
Re: He Died For You. Guess Who? by jagunlabi(m): 2:01pm On Dec 01, 2009
No, he did not die.He went into an induced coma and woke up just three days later.Dat na wayo,fraudulent, 419 death. wink

1 Like

Re: He Died For You. Guess Who? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Dec 01, 2009
jagunlabi:

No, he did not die.He went into an induced coma and woke up just three days later.Dat na wayo,fraudulent, 419 death. wink

@Jagunlabi, if He had not died how then they buried him or do you think the soldiers then were so stupid?

According to the bible in matthew 28:1-15, the sodiers guarding the tomb lied that they have taken away Jesus. that is what caused the fact that people are saying that He did not die on the cross.
Re: He Died For You. Guess Who? by jagunlabi(m): 3:46pm On Dec 01, 2009
A tomb is not a six feet deep grave.He was put - as the story goes - in a chamber to rest till the third day when he woke up again.Besides, which qualified doctor certified him dead?Na wayo death, abeg.
Another important thing to point out is that he did not die for any of us living now because none of us send am to go pretend die.If i had been present when he was hatching out this plan to die for my sins, i would have told him not to waste his time undertaking such silly act.
aksat:

@Jagunlabi, if He had not died how then they buried him or do you think the soldiers then were so stupid?

According to the bible in matthew 28:1-15, the sodiers guarding the tomb lied that they have taken away Jesus. that is what caused the fact that people are saying that He did not die on the cross.

1 Like

Re: He Died For You. Guess Who? by Nobody: 10:36pm On Dec 01, 2009
You are talking as if you were there on the day He died. well, His death is only for those who believe, so if you dont believe, that is your problem.
Re: He Died For You. Guess Who? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:28pm On Dec 01, 2009
[size=13pt]Topic. . .

And you would always say Jesus death for the sins of the world and i ask if permanent annihilation is the fate of the unrepentant sinner, and Jesus died in our place and paid the complete price for us, why is He not still dead?  .
[/size]
Re: He Died For You. Guess Who? by mamagee3(f): 2:27am On Dec 02, 2009
I love Jesus Christ
He's my personal lord and saviour
. tongue
Re: He Died For You. Guess Who? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:17pm On Dec 02, 2009
[size=13pt]mama-gee answer my question. . . . .[/size]
Re: He Died For You. Guess Who? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Dec 02, 2009
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]Topic. . .

And you would always say Jesus death for the sins of the world and i ask if permanent annihilation is the fate of the unrepentant sinner, and Jesus died in our place and paid the complete price for us, why is He not still dead?  .
[/size]

He is not dead because he overcame death and that is why He rose up. Death has no power over Him but He just gave up Himself for death on the Cross so that Man can die no more (spiritual death).
Re: He Died For You. Guess Who? by Horus(m): 4:05pm On Dec 02, 2009
If he died for ours sins why are Christians still sinners today?
Re: He Died For You. Guess Who? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Dec 02, 2009
Horus:

If he died for ours sins why are Christians still sinners today?

You question is like saying, there are policemen; why are there still armed robbers

There are sinners because of unrighteousness. God gave the law and we are to abide by it, but incase we do not abide by it and we are sorry, then we can still go to God through Jesus. we cannot go to God directly because God is Holy and will have nothing to do with sin.
Re: He Died For You. Guess Who? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:29am On Dec 03, 2009
aksat:

He is not dead because he overcame death and that is why He rose up. Death has no power over Him but He just gave up Himself for death on the Cross so that Man can die no more (spiritual death).

[size=13pt]aksat  you see what i mean. . .? mark your words with red colour. does that make any sense? . Christians have said it and according to the bible Jesus died for the sins of the world. . .i.e our sins and again you are here telling me Jesus is not death that he Overcome death and this reason he rose up from death. ok, fine. but where is the open evidence your death Jesus rose from the death if we dont point at the bible what proof have you to give about your jesus rises from the death? huh tell me . the Bible cant proof the Bible so you dont expect a normal human being to believe what doesn't have proof to be real. You also said death have no power over him so why didn't he overcome death?

In addition, you annoyed me by saying Jesus gave his life for death on the cross so that man can die no more. . .You see how you dont know anything with your brain?, tell how on earth can you say Jesus didn't Die and the same time saying Jesus gave his life for death on the cross so that man can die no more. . . how do you think you're more better than Amoeba?. This is what you have inherited as a result of the brain washing medicine you toke from your so called men of God. i point out your twist : Jesus did not Die + Jesus gave himself for death on the Cross so that man can die no more does thise make sense to you. . . ?, franckly speaking you dont know anything why dont you keep silent instead of exposing how your brain is very weak. . . .Jesus submit himself to die and why did he cryed out to the hiding god to take the cup of death away from him? and even though this proof the god is not in existence. . . the beloved son of his father call upon his father to save him but the father didn't answer. . ?, have you ever seen such thing?, no matter what the child has done the father must show his face atleast to save his beloved son the period he called upon him on the cross. . .meaning god doesn't exist!.

And dont ever mention jusus submited himself to death when he was drawn like an he-goat prepared to be slaughtered. . . he didn't submit himself to death and he didn't want to die for the sake of the world, he commited an offense and you know it. . .
[/size]

1 Like

Re: He Died For You. Guess Who? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Dec 15, 2009
Ogaga, there is no need of arguing with u satan because you can never repent and you have accepted hell as your destination.
Re: He Died For You. Guess Who? by wirinet(m): 2:23pm On Dec 16, 2009
Eaglebabe:

Jesus died for me and l love him so much.There is no greater love than this,that a man should die for a crime he never committed that l might live.Oh how l love him

This is one of the cardinal doctrines of Christianity i find very amusing. They claimed Jesus died for them and yet they are separated by different time frames, locations, races and cultures. They said he died for a crime he did not commit but in reality, was Jesus innocent of the charges against him? Because the hearing accorded Jesus was much fairer than what you will get in today's Nigerian Judicial system.

He was accused (by false witnesses) in front of the scribes and elders ( first court of law)of blasphemy (that he said he is able to destroy their holy temple and rebuilt it in three days), in stead of pleading "Not Guilty" when asked he committed further blasphemy by blabbing nonsense about the son of Man sitting on the right hand of power and coming in the clouds of heaven. This angered the scribes further and they pronounced him guilty.

Then he was taken to the final court of law ( the governor) and was accused of proclaiming himself king of the Jews (in contravention to Roman Laws). Instead of pleading not guilty again, he affirmed the accusation by saying "thou sayest". But Pilate the Governor thought that this man is not serious but only a comedian, because no sane man can challenge the power of Caesar to appoint and confirm kings and Governors. So he sent him to Herod, their local king, but again instead of Jesus to defend himself, he kept mute. So he gave the judges no other option than to pronounce him guilt as charged. Even the scheme by a sympathetic Pilate t free him did not work as the people opted for the Barabbas the armed robber instead of Jesus.

So Jesus was sentenced and crucified according to laid down laws. Less important people would not get that degree of fair hearing under Roman law.

If only Jesus had known and hired my Good friend Deep Sight, he would have gotten him acquitted of all charges.

That is why i do not understand when people say he was innocent of the charges.

1 Like

Re: He Died For You. Guess Who? by Nobody: 1:31am On Nov 12, 2010
macalurs:

He died for whoever believes. I dont.

same here =]
Re: He Died For You. Guess Who? by Image123(m): 2:07am On Nov 12, 2010
Actually, Jesus Christ tasted death for EVERY MAN i.e every human being. He paid for our debts, took our place, took the fall and thought of us. It's come to us now to accept His payment by believing, and making an active decision to come out of prison of sin 'cause the prison doors have been opened.
Re: He Died For You. Guess Who? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:18pm On Nov 12, 2010
cheesy cheesy cheesy

MzDarkSkin:

same here =]
Re: He Died For You. Guess Who? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:20pm On Nov 12, 2010
[size=13pt]Thank you dear. . . .I'll always love too see nice comment like this from you . grin grin grin wink[/size]

aksat:

Ogaga, there is no need of arguing with u satan because you can never repent and you have accepted hell as your destination.
Re: He Died For You. Guess Who? by Niyi53(m): 6:10pm On Nov 12, 2010
he did not die for any one
he never died on the cross
Re: He Died For You. Guess Who? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Nov 12, 2010
Niyi53:

did he 'die' at all?

Niyi53:

If u believe he died, where did he die other than on the cross?
Re: He Died For You. Guess Who? by Image123(m): 7:11pm On Nov 12, 2010
^Must have died in your room then.
Re: He Died For You. Guess Who? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Nov 12, 2010
I'm sure the room isn't big enough to contain the prince of peace
Re: He Died For You. Guess Who? by Niyi53(m): 10:40am On Nov 13, 2010
If u believe he died, where did he die other than on the cross?

www.alislam.org/topics/jesus/
Re: He Died For You. Guess Who? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Nov 13, 2010
Niyi53:

www.alislam.org/topics/jesus/

Oga niyi, forget that one. I want u to discuss with me the opinion u expressed
Niyi53:

Unless if u simply believed what u read from the link u gave above
Re: He Died For You. Guess Who? by Niyi53(m): 3:06pm On Nov 13, 2010
toba:

Oga niyi, forget that one. I want u to discuss with me the opinion u expressed
Unless if u simply believed what u read from the link u gave above

yes i believe in the link i posted above.
but if u still want to make any discuss, u r welcome.
Re: He Died For You. Guess Who? by Nobody: 4:29am On Nov 14, 2010
Just great, RELIGI-tards angry tongue
Re: He Died For You. Guess Who? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 4:44pm On Nov 18, 2010
[size=13pt]That's true he did not die for any one , he was died for his own sake and stubbornness . I'm mostly mad whenever the so- called Christians would come and tell me that i should surrender my life to Jesus or else I'll perish . You know? it sound pretty funny to give my life to the same JESUS who haven't made it possible to rise from death . he's body was stolen by one of his guys among the 12 after he was killed , they cooked the flesh up , keep the raw blood and share it among them self and that's why till today they can never do without eating his flesh and drinking his blood insisting that is to keep communion with him in remembrance of him .[/size]

Niyi53:

1 Like

Re: He Died For You. Guess Who? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 4:46pm On Nov 18, 2010
[size=13pt]He died inside a stinky gutter. . .not my room !! cheesy cheesy cheesy wink[/size]

Image123:

^Must have died in your room then.
Re: He Died For You. Guess Who? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Nov 18, 2010
he died for ogaga

(1) (Reply)

Is it a sin for a christian to smoke? / Frosbel:best Article On The Trinity! / God Created Some Other People Apart From Adam And Eve

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.