Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,962 members, 7,927,869 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 01:33 AM

A Doctor's "Secret" Health Notes - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / A Doctor's "Secret" Health Notes (49375 Views)

What A Doctor Did When I Accompanied A Female Friend To The Hospital / My Bitter Experience As A Doctor Today / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Doctor's "Secret" Health Notes by Doctor7(m): 12:55pm On Oct 20, 2010
The patient can come to our laboratory for diagnosis using computer technology to check 17 organs of the body. With that, we would locate the causes and we will cure the disorders using our specially prepared herbal food that are encapsulated for easy swallowing. contact doctor@herbalmedicalcentre.com
Re: A Doctor's "Secret" Health Notes by stalker(f): 7:51pm On Oct 20, 2010
Hi doc, someone in the family has psoriasis according to the doctor. He has blotchy skin. What can he use for treatment?
Re: A Doctor's "Secret" Health Notes by surgeon(m): 10:54pm On Oct 21, 2010
stalker:

Hi doc, someone in the family has psoriasis according to the doctor. He has blotchy skin. What can he use for treatment?

Psoriasis should be managed by a Consultant Dermatologist - they are the ones that would be up to speed on the right drug combination. Left to me, I would be at a loss, after writing Prednisolone, for what further to include on the prescription list.
Re: A Doctor's "Secret" Health Notes by stalker(f): 7:43pm On Oct 22, 2010
Thanks a lot for the reply. The thing is he went to LUTH and the doctor said there was no cure, then he went to Lagoon hospital and he was given some drugs. Unfortunately I can't remember the name but I was made to understand it is one of the drugs recommended for cancer. It seemed to be working, but the side effects were horrible- feet were swelling and dizziness. When he stopped the drug he was much better but the blotchy skin returned. Please could you recommend a dermatologist here in lagos?
Re: A Doctor's "Secret" Health Notes by Doctor7(m): 12:44am On Oct 23, 2010
Psoriasis is a skin disorder than can occur at any age in both men and women. Most commonly, psoriasis first appears as thick, flaky patches of skin on the elbows, knees, or other parts of the body. The patches may be silver or red.

The skin flaking that occurs in psoriasis is known as scaling. At first, a few small, flaky patches -- known as plaques-- may appear. Often, the plaques gradually enlarge and increase in number. Less commonly, psoriasis may erupt suddenly all over the body.

Psoriasis is a chronic Marked by long duration, by frequent recurrence over a long time, and often slowly progressing. disorder, which means it can last a long time and can come back frequently. It is most common in people in their 20s, 30s, and 40s. Psoriasis is rare under age 3. Most people who develop it do so before age 30. In the United States, about two or three out of every 100 people have psoriasis.
Re: A Doctor's "Secret" Health Notes by rill: 7:08pm On Nov 01, 2010
hi doc pls i need help. i have this problem of oversweating on the palm, feet and face. also i tend to get too nervous easily over little things and this also ends up in me sweating over the face. pls what can i do?
Re: A Doctor's "Secret" Health Notes by surgeon(m): 10:16pm On Nov 01, 2010
rill:

hi doc pls i need help. i have this problem of oversweating on the palm, feet and face. also i tend to get too nervous easily over little things and this also ends up in me sweating over the face. pls what can i do?

Generally speaking, people have varying degrees to which they produce sweat and nothing can change this.

Sweating in the palms when one is nervous, is an autonomic nervous system response when one is tense - nothing much you can do to change this automatic body response. Your best bet therefore, is to adapt ones self to those tense situations such that you learn to feel less nervous under such circumstances. The sweating should then lessen.
Re: A Doctor's "Secret" Health Notes by kurat: 12:06pm On Nov 10, 2010
after pregnancy my womanliness became loosen, i have came to know from my friends about the herbal therapy for feeling re-virgin in 3 days course. i have got their site detail which was www.virgintherapy.com

i want to know whether it will effective. Kindly let us know if any one has gone through that.
As it says there is no side effect. No. Surgery. No Oral Pills.

Just 3 days herbal course and then you will feel re-virgin again, and can obtain the pleasure.
Also its help M.C. to be in balance.

Regards.
K.E.
Re: A Doctor's "Secret" Health Notes by okgerald(m): 8:07am On Nov 11, 2010
The job I do requires that I sit down for most part of the day. This I think is responsible for the persistent body pain I have been experienceing for a couple of weeks. I have serious back pain that extends to my thighs and legs. The pain is most severe @ my lower back. I had to get an injection and some drugs to help relieve the pain. Since I still have my job and still sits down what I do to help eradicate the pain completely.
Re: A Doctor's "Secret" Health Notes by damipaul(m): 10:05am On Nov 12, 2010
Hello Doc, don't know if it's anything to worry about, I stool at the taste of sugar as. I can't drink tea with sugar, soft drinks, oats, inshort anything containing sugar. My Doc prescribed tetra, I took it but the stooling's resurfaces when I take sugar. Now I go everywhere with Tetra. What can I do to stop it, I'm scared the tetracyclin might have an adverse effect.
Re: A Doctor's "Secret" Health Notes by pendusky(m): 6:05am On Nov 18, 2010
Am wondering if people like surgeon stil exist to do all this consultatns free of charge.long live surgeon!long live NL!
Re: A Doctor's "Secret" Health Notes by terrence70(m): 8:24am On Nov 19, 2010
Great post, As per my view this post provide great help for everyone,
Re: A Doctor's "Secret" Health Notes by Johnsinia(m): 3:12pm On Nov 19, 2010
hi surgeon.i was ill and went for test the result;malaria-140 and typhoid-180.i treated it for almost 4 weeks yet am still ill the colour of my excreta change to dark green.what do u think and what do i do?is the colour of my excreta abnomal?
Re: A Doctor's "Secret" Health Notes by surgeon(m): 10:52pm On Dec 02, 2010
Hi. Sorry to have been AWOL on this thread - I was bereaved.

We unfortunately lost the top person in the health team where I practice, after a brief illness. This put a lot of my activities in disarray for a while.

Death. The ultimate inevitability. Physical death, that is. I believe in the lifeafter. . .
Re: A Doctor's "Secret" Health Notes by surgeon(m): 11:08pm On Dec 02, 2010
ok.gerald:

The job I do requires that I sit down for most part of the day. This I think is responsible for the persistent body pain I have been experienceing for a couple of weeks. I have serious back pain that extends to my thighs and legs. The pain is most severe @ my lower back. I had to get an injection and some drugs to help relieve the pain. Since I still have my job and still sits down what I do to help eradicate the pain completely.

I have learnt from our Orthopaedic Surgeon that back pain is probably the commonest presenting symptom at their out-patient clinic. And, the most frequent cause is wrong sitting posture - which is probably the cause, in your case.

Here is a tip on the correct sitting posture: Sit with your lower back (the Lumbar vertebrae group) curved inwards, such that you are bolt-upright! - now, this will need getting used to as most of us (me included) tend to sit with our backs rounded in a slight stoop.

dami_paul:

Hello Doc, don't know if it's anything to worry about, I stool at the taste of sugar as. I can't drink tea with sugar, soft drinks, oats, inshort anything containing sugar. My Doc prescribed tetra, I took it but the stooling's resurfaces when I take sugar. Now I go everywhere with Tetra. What can I do to stop it, I'm scared the tetracyclin might have an adverse effect.

Here's my tip: 1) Stop the Tetracycline - it's not indicated. 2) Take sugar if you want. But, in addition, take enough Fibre such as vegetables and fruits. Your stools would be more efficiently emitted.
Re: A Doctor's "Secret" Health Notes by surgeon(m): 11:21pm On Dec 02, 2010
pendusky:

Am wondering if people like surgeon stil exist to do all this consultatns free of charge.long live surgeon!long live NL!

What a cheer! I'm alive and kicking, thank God.

terrence70:

Great post,  As per my view this post  provide great help for everyone,

Encouraging post indeed.

Johnsinia:

hi surgeon.i was ill and went for test the result;malaria-140 and typhoid-180.i treated it for almost 4 weeks yet am still ill the colour of my excreta change to dark green.what do u think and what do i do?is the colour of my excreta abnomal?

Yes, the dark green colour of your faeces is abnormal and is likely related to your rather prolonged ill-health. See a qualified doctor and not simply go for a "test".
Re: A Doctor's "Secret" Health Notes by Nobody: 4:28pm On Dec 04, 2010
hi surge tongue

surface-wound as a result of RTA is the prob, what shd be done to avoid/prevent scarring or keloids pls? Thanks smiley
Re: A Doctor's "Secret" Health Notes by bucknor33(m): 6:27pm On Dec 05, 2010
Docka, am a chronic smoker. I do up2 a pack daily, n am ashmatic, n cant slip until l take franol. I equal drink daily min of 2 bttles n max of 4. I dislik dis act cuz l leave on franol since 1993 bt am addicted. I nid help. 35yrs of age.
Re: A Doctor's "Secret" Health Notes by surgeon(m): 10:30pm On Dec 05, 2010
iceblue:

hi surge  tongue

surface-wound as a result of RTA is the prob, what shd be done to avoid/prevent scarring or keloids pls? Thanks  smiley

Hi. To keep scarring to the bearest minimum, the wound should be given due attention - adequate choice of sterile wound dressing and antibiotic-cover if need be, to prevent infection. Infection would only worsen the inflamation and the ensuing scar.

Keloids also, which develop only in a few individuals (are you one such individual prone to develop keloids?) generally become larger, the larger the ensuing scar.

bucknor33:

Docka, am a chronic smoker. I do up2 a pack daily, n am ashmatic, n cant slip until l take franol. I equal drink daily min of 2 bttles n max of 4. I dislik dis act cuz l leave on franol since 1993 bt am addicted. I nid help. 35yrs of age.

The good news here is that addiction to[b] Nicotine[/b] contained in cigarretes, comes mainly with a psychological dependence and not the harder-to-beat physiological dependence that go with narcotic substances e.g. Heroine or Cocaine. Therefore, you can draw on share will power alone to beat this addiction. There would be no terrible sickness of the withdrawal symptoms that always come with the abrupt stoppage of chronic narcotics usage, when it comes to abruptly stopping Nicotine usage (cigarrete smoking).

Nicotine comes in chewable preparations - not sure if found in Nigeria. This could serve as an alternative way to slowly desensitize self from the addiction and in this way, your Asthma isn't triggered off due to the lack of cigarrete fumes.

Your level of alcohol intake has little consequence on Asthma. Rather it may cause Liver damage going forward in the future. And like Nicotine, psychology plays the key role in preventing addicts to quit - and I'm aware that this doesn't necessarily makes it any easier to kick the habit but it at least comes with much less "sickness" when trying too.

Your reaching out for help is the first start. I'm not sure though, that we have in Nigeria - Im assuming you recide here - any well run substance abuse rehab programme. Alcoholics Anonymous, the US one, readily comes to mind.

But for what it's worth: You can do it.
Re: A Doctor's "Secret" Health Notes by yvyy(f): 10:01am On Dec 07, 2010
dr pls do u knw any good urologist?
a friend of mine have azoosperia but he recently did icsi w his wife and PESA was used for d extraction.
but they later lost d pregnancy.
what can be done to this situation or will they keep doin icsi as their last option??
Re: A Doctor's "Secret" Health Notes by jrnation: 7:43pm On Dec 09, 2010
thanks for the info  smiley
Re: A Doctor's "Secret" Health Notes by surgeon(m): 11:14pm On Dec 10, 2010
yvyy:

dr pls do u knw any good urologist?
a friend of mine have azoosperia but he recently did icsi w his wife and PESA was used for d extraction.
but they later lost d pregnancy.
what can be done to this situation or will they keep doin icsi as their last option??

Hi. I've sent you a PM.

jrnation:

thanks for the info  smiley

You are welcome.
Re: A Doctor's "Secret" Health Notes by wallexbaba(m): 2:47pm On Dec 11, 2010
I need a hair buster, what or which cream is adviseable for me to use?
Re: A Doctor's "Secret" Health Notes by yvyy(f): 10:43am On Dec 13, 2010
thanks doc i saw the PM

and he is in nigeria so d info means a lot.

thanks
Re: A Doctor's "Secret" Health Notes by SeunT2(m): 4:04am On Dec 19, 2010
what a good thread. . . . . . . thanks doc
Re: A Doctor's "Secret" Health Notes by doctorbabs(m): 5:59pm On Jan 03, 2011
am 35year but my penis is smaller than my age
Re: A Doctor's "Secret" Health Notes by doctorbabs(m): 11:00pm On Jan 17, 2011
please help with this. am 35years old guy but my penis is smaller than my age. any solution pls. thanks
Re: A Doctor's "Secret" Health Notes by histechs(m): 2:23pm On Jan 22, 2011
have you being going through strees in attempt to reduce your fat? are you tired of having too much fat but don't know how to get rid of it? here is the solution you have being waiting for visist http://www.cureforobesites..com
Re: A Doctor's "Secret" Health Notes by oln: 10:05am On Jan 28, 2011
Hi doc,I'm presently breastfeeding&have got a scar on my face which I'm trying to get rid of.The doctor recommended I get injected with kenaloid.But my fear is dat the injection may infect the breastmilk&thereby harm the baby.what's your take on this
Re: A Doctor's "Secret" Health Notes by olax44(m): 11:03am On Jan 28, 2011
hi doc, have been taking egg and milk every day for the past 30days. pls does this have any side effects and what would it results to? thank you doc.
Re: A Doctor's "Secret" Health Notes by aisha2010(f): 11:36pm On Jan 28, 2011
hi Dr, i have two problem

1. i have black sport on my face wh i am nt happy with
pls i need permanent cure for it

2. my tummy is big
pls i want flat sexy tummy
Re: A Doctor's "Secret" Health Notes by pedal22: 9:42pm On Feb 05, 2011
Doctor, I need help. Each time i make love, I develop severe body weakness, headache and general body discomfort. This has been going on for 2yrs now. Pls what can i do

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. / Young Lady, Adaeze Regina Okoh Commits Suicide; Family Alleges Murder (photos) / Doctors Successfully Remove Arrow Shot Into A Girl's Heart In Borno (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.