Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,630 members, 7,944,907 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 08:08 AM

A Doctor's "Secret" Health Notes - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / A Doctor's "Secret" Health Notes (49396 Views)

What A Doctor Did When I Accompanied A Female Friend To The Hospital / My Bitter Experience As A Doctor Today / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Doctor's "Secret" Health Notes by Jeram: 12:01pm On Feb 07, 2011
Doc, u're quiet appreciative regards ur medical advices/reports. Pls I had an accident years back n fermur bone got broken but operated upon while d point is not forming calous as expected, what can I take to facilitate d calous forming, thanks.
Re: A Doctor's "Secret" Health Notes by zahealer(f): 7:44pm On Feb 10, 2011
Dear Doctor,

I have an older friend who suffers from weak legs. She is not paralysed but she cannot walk, she crawls around and has been home-bound for over one year now. She couldnt tell me what the doctors diagnosed and she's spent all her savings buying expensive drugs from a nurse who comes to supply some white tablets in clear plastics to her. My friend said the nurse told her she has damaged nerves and the tablets has steroids to help repair and strengthen the nerves. These nameless tablets cost my friend N18,000 per pack but there is no improvement. She has a zimma frame to move around but its quite a big effort just to get up and use the frame so she's discouraged and hardly moves except on her hands and knees. She's attended physio only once and hasnt returned to the general hospital because she cant get there without physical help and transportation.

What is her condition and how can she be treated at home? Thanks for your help.
Re: A Doctor's "Secret" Health Notes by bizprowess(f): 7:05pm On Feb 16, 2011
i have much sought after medical books/journals for sale for as low as 2,000 naira. some titles include:
- Acute medical emergencies; the practical approach.
-Anatomy demystified; a self teaching guide
-current clinical stretegies; anesthesiology
-asthma management handbook
- Black's medical dictionary (41st Edition)
- Clinical anatomy; applied anatomy for students and junior doctors (11th edition)
- Clinical physiology; an examination primer
- Clinician's handbook of prescription drugs
- Colur atlas of neurology
- clinical surgery (2nd edition)
, and so much more. want a book whose title is not listed here? Interested? contact me on julesokoli@gmail.com or send a text to 08095207151
Re: A Doctor's "Secret" Health Notes by MP007(m): 10:43pm On Feb 16, 2011
Shocking? Really?lol
Re: A Doctor's "Secret" Health Notes by abbana(f): 6:56pm On Feb 17, 2011
I am presently a lacteting mother and I notice when ever I breastfeed my babies(2) I do have this leg cramps which xtend from my nees down to my ancles. I complained to my Dr about it, but she told me she need to ask a gyny. Do you have any idea to what the problem is?
Re: A Doctor's "Secret" Health Notes by xpawn(m): 9:19pm On Feb 18, 2011
Hi Doc., there's this pain I've been having around my waist line(at d back region) and it's like it moves atimes cos I feel  also at my back. It started about 5-6months ago. I have seen different doctors. One prescribed lofnac tablets( it reduces the pain but its temporal), another said I need to be exercising my body, one said it's probably as a result of improper handling of heavy object( i dont handle any heavy object anywhere), i have gotten different prognosis. If i try to twist my upper body the pain comes. What do u think is wrong? Pls I need your help.
Re: A Doctor's "Secret" Health Notes by skinny25: 5:21pm On Apr 24, 2011
Please doc i really need  help urgently.,i have been so skinny all my life,i am just so thin that i cannot wear polo only shirts to cover my skinny body.my parent said a worm is eating me up.i have been to herbal homes and they said the same thing,They said the worm is a deadly worm and i have use some herbal medicine but i am still the same and  also i have another problem,I dont eat,only once in a while, Please doc what is wrong with me,How can this worm be removed from my body?

Pls i need your help me
Re: A Doctor's "Secret" Health Notes by zahealer(f): 9:14pm On Apr 26, 2011
There is no doctor to attend to anyone's medical complaint on this thread. You better reach out to a ready doctor on www.prohealthnigeria.com for quick response to your needs. My request dated 10th February to a doctor on Nairaland remains unattended. So visit the above website asap. Good luck with finding solution to your medical challenges.
Re: A Doctor's "Secret" Health Notes by Oluschenco(m): 10:03pm On Apr 28, 2011
Pls what is d cause & cure of network failure after 1 round of sex.
Re: A Doctor's "Secret" Health Notes by Nobody: 9:37am On Jun 14, 2011
numerous questions and no answers yet. hmm where are the doctors?
Re: A Doctor's "Secret" Health Notes by ceasyc(f): 12:16pm On Jun 19, 2011
pls can any1 give me names of good contraceptive pills
which can/will regulate periods (menstruation)?

i heard that ?postinor is not too good especially when u stop using it - ur period is likely 2 stop 4 a while

any suggestions wud b gr8ly appreciated. ta
Re: A Doctor's "Secret" Health Notes by mrskem09(f): 5:41pm On Jun 20, 2011
I need a good gynecologist that reside around agege? i have been trying to concieve for 19months now. the wait is very unbearable and emotionally.
Re: A Doctor's "Secret" Health Notes by zayzee(f): 10:47pm On Jun 21, 2011
Hi doc, had chicken pox in 2008 and one healed out, causing an annoying bump. Nothing has worked in getting rid of it. At times it itches. How can I get rid of it?

Mrs. Kem09- pls is there a good hospital in Agege you can recommend? We r looking for a hospital to register our family here and I dont want to have to go to Ikeja.
Re: A Doctor's "Secret" Health Notes by miteolu(m): 12:35pm On Jun 22, 2011
Good tacle
Re: A Doctor's "Secret" Health Notes by Nekai(f): 6:52am On Jun 29, 2011
abbana:

I am presently a lacteting mother and I notice when ever I breastfeed my babies(2) I do have this leg cramps which xtend from my nees down to my ancles. I complained to my Dr about it, but she told me she need to ask a gyny. Do you have any idea to what the problem is?

Leg cramps may be a sign of mineral deficiency. Are you still taking your prenatal multivitamins? Most docs recommend taking two daily in your case. If you are still taking them, you may still be suffering from low potassium. A banana or two a day should help boost your potassium levels.
Re: A Doctor's "Secret" Health Notes by whobemumu(m): 8:13pm On Jul 11, 2011
true it may be vitamin or mineral deficiency but also look at the the benign before the malignant

it may just be the position u adopt while breastfeeding , if it was nutritional it morelikely would be there most of the time
Re: A Doctor's "Secret" Health Notes by Efehiaea(f): 7:02pm On Jul 12, 2011
Hi Doctor. First, i'ld say God will bless you for the time u dedicate to help us here on nairaland.
My trouble is that i want my armpit to have a clear colour as my skin because its kinda dark. Could there be a solution
Secondly, i notice that anytime i have a cut on my skin, the marks take a long time to clear unlike some other skin types. What kind of skin do i have?? I had chicken pox or some skin rash while growing up and the spots are still on my legs and i fit it hard to wear anything short. Is there a solution
Re: A Doctor's "Secret" Health Notes by calebrita(m): 6:29am On Jul 13, 2011
please doctors can you help me out
teebright:
Hi doc, what Can I do to make my tummy flat, this my tummy is getting bigger everyday. And what can I use for stretch marks,it's really disgusting. Will be glad if u Can be of help.Thanks!
Re: A Doctor's "Secret" Health Notes by freepeople: 7:41pm On Jul 14, 2011
calebrita:

my wife is not always wet
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

calebrita:

i always have bruise on my joystick.

hahahaha grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
joystick?

calebrita:

what can she do to improve it. or please advice me on what to do.
Replace analog joystick with digital joystick grin
Re: A Doctor's "Secret" Health Notes by freepeople: 7:44pm On Jul 14, 2011
b4 you meet Dr.; endeavour to pay your card fee.
Amount: N2000 cool
Re: A Doctor's "Secret" Health Notes by whobemumu(m): 9:14pm On Jul 17, 2011
Hi Doctor. First, i'ld say God will bless you for the time u dedicate to help us here on nairaland.
My trouble is that i want my armpit to have a clear colour as my skin because its kinda dark. Could there be a solution
Secondly, i notice that anytime i have a cut on my skin, the marks take a long time to clear unlike some other skin types. What kind of skin do i have?? I had chicken pox or some skin rash while growing up and the spots are still on my legs and i fit it hard to wear anything short. Is there a solution

it is normal for the armpit to be a little bit darker than the rest of the skin

regarding the cuts everybody skin different , there are to my knowledge no skin types , it is difficult to comment on skin issues which i cannot see but if u have had thoses scars since childhood then it is unlikely that they will leave now ,

accept your body as it is , it will save u a lot of grief
Re: A Doctor's "Secret" Health Notes by whobemumu(m): 9:19pm On Jul 17, 2011
please doctors can you help me out on what to do about my wife i am newly married.
my wife is not always wet whenever we want to Be Intimate so i always have bruise on my joystick.
please what can she do to improve it. or please advice me on what to do.

well a number of things could be going on here

1 different women have different abilities to secrete vajjjjjinal lubricant some more than others

2 maybe not enough pre-intimacy in a relaxing mood so she can get sexually excited enough to secrete , u need to make her relax and feel secure with you and things may get better

3 try adequate pre-intimacy first and if that does not work then u can use a water based lubricant

no need to trying when she is dry , u will only hurt urselves
Re: A Doctor's "Secret" Health Notes by eastpoint: 3:16am On Aug 04, 2011
Using our stretch mark creams and stretch mark lotions will heal and beautify your skin and reduce the appearance of stretch marks guaranteed. The following ingredients are widely accepted as beneficial for this purpose:

Cocoa butter
Rose hip oil
Emu oil
Jojoba oil
Castor oil
Shea butter
Vitamin A
Vitamin E
Vitamin C

Contact for the mixed and diluted product which is tested and trusted for 3years now.
+234 8125448663
Re: A Doctor's "Secret" Health Notes by expensive007(m): 3:14pm On Aug 04, 2011
@calebrita, na wa o! see me see trouble your joystick have bruise while tryin to play game grin grin grin grin grin go use engine oil, I beg no vex the thing amuse me
Re: A Doctor's "Secret" Health Notes by expensive007(m): 3:16pm On Aug 04, 2011
@calebrita, na wa o! see me see trouble your joystick have bruise while tryin to play game grin grin grin grin grin go use engine oil, or red oil, I beg no vex the thing amuse me
Re: A Doctor's "Secret" Health Notes by realvenc: 3:49pm On Aug 04, 2011
@Surgeon.
I have to confess i have been secretly following your Notes both here and on your blog and they have really been both incisive and educative.
Information is still the key to emancipation and you are truly doing your bit.

Well, for your hospital practice, i have a very unique and innovative software application i do like to introduce to you. let me know if you are interested and i will give you contact details.

You can call me on 01 8209603
Re: A Doctor's "Secret" Health Notes by Glorya1(m): 6:27pm On Sep 13, 2011
Hi doc. In the house. My friend last saw her menstral flow on the 2nd of june 2011 had an abortion on the 16th of september 2011 and another one on the 27th of August 2011 and now is on microgynon ED, when will her next flow com
Re: A Doctor's "Secret" Health Notes by strongguy(m): 4:08pm On Sep 23, 2011
doc,what can i do excessive urge for sex,
i will appreciate
Re: A Doctor's "Secret" Health Notes by strongguy(m): 4:15pm On Sep 23, 2011
please ur advice will be appreciated
Re: A Doctor's "Secret" Health Notes by Nobody: 7:30pm On Oct 10, 2011
calebrita:

please doctors can you help me out on what to do about my wife i am newly married.
my wife is not always wet whenever we want to Be Intimate so i always have bruise on my joystick.
please what can she do to improve it. or please advice me on what to do.

Use Vaseline or K-Y warming liquid, they both works great. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

12-Year-Old Boy Barks Like A Dog After A Dog Bite (Pics, Video) / How I Found Out My Cheating Boyfriend Infected Me With HIV - Pretty Lady (video) / Getting Over Addictions..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.