Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,795 members, 7,972,846 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 07:56 PM

Should I Resign From My Bank Job? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Resign From My Bank Job? (6053 Views)

Should I Resign My New Job For A Contract Job? / Before My Boss Sacks Me, Should I Resign? / Many Resign From Glo Ghana As Company Closes Many Of Its Outlets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Resign From My Bank Job? by deprince5(m): 1:16pm On Jun 13, 2007
I'm sure you know that the certification you need is money, and while doing  crediting and debeting you can save up money for it. I advice you dont leave the bank except you have another job or at least got your certification. Just give this a thought- slep, wake up, take ur bath, eat, watch others go to work, sit back and which TV ( thats if there's light), mmm hungry again-thats lunch, sleep after and maybe take a walk, watch others return from work and tell them welcome and finally its night again. Remeber you've got no hope for even a small allawee at month end.  
Re: Should I Resign From My Bank Job? by wales7479(m): 8:20pm On Jun 13, 2007
I feel you my guy, but u have to listen to your heart and most importantly job satisfaction is the key.
All the very best and follow your heart.
Re: Should I Resign From My Bank Job? by Tats(m): 8:43pm On Jun 15, 2007
I really feel for you because it can be a nightmare sticking to a job that takes all your time and prevents you from even having a short period free. But, consider your position very carefully. It is far easier in Nigeria to get a job when you are employed than when you are out of work.What exactly are your plans with the certification that would mean leaving the bank job?

I know of some guys who had excellent degrees and stuck up in banks for some years, and at the end, got their dream jobs! You have the capability now to work in Oil companies, industries, communications, consulting e.t.c so there are various options that can get you out of the bank. You should have several options while in a career and weigh them in order to make a decision. My advice: Stick out in the bank for a little while and sneak out for tests!
Re: Should I Resign From My Bank Job? by maryray(f): 6:58pm On Feb 09, 2008
@ GOLDENRAY, as our people say when something happens once, its okay, when it happens a second time, its a coincidence, and when it happens a third time, o baby Gods hand is there. You have rejected many jobs, i think u should take this last one with a thriple pay, and some yrs down d road if u dont like it, u can change it.

Your getting offers now does not mean u will keep on getting it, and also it might be d will of God for u 2 work in d bank. You had better accept d offer now cause u might end up spending d rest of ur life regretting. its ur choice, u could hold on and still get d job u want, or u might not be lucky.

And MEKUSHAI, my only advice is no matter how difficult, stick it out until u get the job u want. YDo not quit this job now, you could always ask for a day or week sick leave and go for interviews. Be wise, my cousin/elder sister finished school in 2005 with a SECOND CLASS UPPER. I mean she missed first class by a few marks, and as u all know this is 2008, and she is STILL LOOKING FOR A JOB. Thank ur stars, and act prudently. Good luck.
Re: Should I Resign From My Bank Job? by prenny(m): 10:23pm On Feb 09, 2008
Pally, i will always say this, Any position that you are now, some people long also to be in that position atr lease. Please, endure because it wont b like thie for ever. Best of luck.
Re: Should I Resign From My Bank Job? by CallMeAthena(f): 11:36pm On Aug 25, 2020
cynic411:
Mekushai, i feel your pain. I work in the Operations department of a bank and i have to be in the office 6 days in a week. For the past 4 months, i have been working even on sundays. The last time i went on vacation was in 2004 and i was given only 10 days off!!!!!!!!!

Mine is bad because i work in Aba, live alone and cannot further past my BSc. because the town has no University (The only one-state owned is far away). So people would rather go to Enugu (which is about 2 and a half hours away) to run their Masters or PGD programmes but how can i do that with my tight schedule?

My case is pathetic again because i am not from the East and do not speak their language, so i become an easy target for people to cheat when i go out to buy stuff.
Job hunting is slow because the internet connection has been cut off so you can't browse sites, not even after 5 or 6pm or on weekends as some other banks do. And how many cybers are open after 9pm when i leave the office or on sundays? (Just lucky to have seen this which was almost shutting down).
Please keep hanging in there. Its not easy, i swear. I break down sometimes and just cry like a baby (Little wonder why we are called the weaker sex) because its not easy at all. Keep jobhunting, i'm certain that something good will come out of it if you are persistent.
You must be counting millions on a weekly basis right now.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Workers Protest Report Of Kogi ‘ghost’ Screening Exercise / Unemployment and the Population of Nigeria / Why You Must Be Healthy For Your Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.