Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,657 members, 7,937,953 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 02:43 PM

Foreign Visitors Extending Stay In Nigeria Beyond 56 Days - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Foreign Visitors Extending Stay In Nigeria Beyond 56 Days (896 Views)

Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria / Five Parrots Removed From Public View For Swearing At Visitors In UK (Photos) / International Students Now Allowed To Stay In UK For 2 Years After Study- Uk Pm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Foreign Visitors Extending Stay In Nigeria Beyond 56 Days by heartinaija: 1:12am On Oct 31, 2018
Hi all, I traveled to Nigeria on a tourist visa for 30 days in June and I am planning on coming back soon, but I have just read the below from KPMG regarding stays exceeding 56 days in a year:

any period of stay in Nigeria by non-ECOWAS nationals beyond 56 days aggregate in a year and where payment has not been made for an extension, is an ‘overstay’ for which appropriate sanctions would be imposed.

and the prescribed fees:

PERIOD OF STAY EXTENSION FEES
57 - 90 days $200 or the Naira Equivalent
91 - 180 days $1,000 or the Naira equivalent
181 - 365 days $2,000 or the Naira equivalent

https://home.kpmg.com/xx/en/home/insights/2015/09/flash-alert-2015-112.html

I did some further hunting and found the announcement from the Ministry of Interior, but it's still not clear whether the "in one year" refers to a calendar year or any 12 month period ... does anyone know?

Also, has anyone extended their visa in this manner before and what was the process? Did you go to the Lagos State Command or direct to Abuja? A little wary of just handing someone a wad of USD and hoping they stamp my passport lipsrsealed

Re: Foreign Visitors Extending Stay In Nigeria Beyond 56 Days by sholatech(m): 1:33am On Oct 31, 2018
The Overstay penalties have been effective for almost two years now. You can easily extend your stay in Nigeria at any of the Immigation offices in Lagos.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My Experience With A Female Uber Driver Today... / Villa Toscana Asaba Is Evil / Immigration Site Not Working.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.