Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,760 members, 7,972,723 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 05:02 PM

How Do You Handle Difficult Bosses? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do You Handle Difficult Bosses? (4278 Views)

Crazy Request A Fan Posted On Dangote's Twitter Handle(screenshot) / Why Is It Difficult for Nigerians To Pay For Services Rendered? / Three AMCON Banks Get New Bosses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Handle Difficult Bosses? by maurchy: 9:36am On Jul 21, 2010
pharuk:

now I will be leaving next week.

Believe God For another now,

it's quite a pity. i pray you get another job and a better one at that. God is in control. maybe the job was not destined for you in the first place.
Re: How Do You Handle Difficult Bosses? by MRD1(m): 9:46am On Jul 21, 2010
@Topic- In dealing with people whether nice or not,you need to be able to understand thier personality profile(ENTP,INTJ, etc),this helps you in understanding the reasons for thier actions and how best to manage them in other to achieve your objectives with them,@ poster consider reading up on Myer Briggs typology and advice your girlfriend to put her emotions away and try to understand her boss' personality,that way she would be able to handle him/her better.
Re: How Do You Handle Difficult Bosses? by joeyfire(m): 10:00am On Jul 21, 2010
@poster

Is she new to the office? Is she's new,her boss may just be trying to intimidate her to let her know who's boss. I had the same problem and it eased after a while. Prayer is the key.Tell her to pray and sow a seed, if the guy no behave he is the one that will leave the office for her. But mind you,she must first check herself to be sure that theres somewhere she may be at fault
Re: How Do You Handle Difficult Bosses? by maurchy: 10:19am On Jul 21, 2010
@MR D & joeyfire:
good advice. i'll definitely pass it on. wat's ENTP,INTJ, anyway?
Re: How Do You Handle Difficult Bosses? by blosomy(f): 8:59am On Jul 22, 2010
You do not necessarily change others , rather you change your attitude for others to adapt to it. @ Poster, tell her to look inwards and take a bow at changing then she should watch out for the resultant change in her boss. Cheers.
Re: How Do You Handle Difficult Bosses? by africanguy(m): 9:24am On Jul 22, 2010
adapt and blend in. do not over-react but try to understand him, even if he is frustrating just be easy and observant, u will definitely find a way of getting him.

Re: How Do You Handle Difficult Bosses? by kaddybaby: 12:50pm On Jul 22, 2010
You just av 2 take it cool wit the boss
Re: How Do You Handle Difficult Bosses? by NAJALYN: 8:22pm On Jul 22, 2010
Ask your girlfriend to be patient & perform her duties meticulously. She should be obedient & guard against queries. She should give the situation to God & she must overcome. Quiting the job will only make her jobless, probably for a long time as jobs are not readily available. Besides, if she gets another job, what is the guaranty that her new boss will be better? NAJALYN
Re: How Do You Handle Difficult Bosses? by Faitholu(m): 7:08am On Jul 23, 2010
I read your post and the replies/viewpoints expresses thereafter and it makes an interesting reading. I must confess this problem of handling difficult bosses in Nigeria is fast growing, and getting out of hand. But many wise employees have successfully handled it, especially when it bothers on gender and the likes.

I have super e-book that can help. The title is:

A Survival Guide for Dealing with Bad Bosses… Dealing with Bullies, Idiots, Back-stabbers, and other Managers from Hell By Gini Graham Scott P.hD

This book is simply a comprehensive solution to matters like this. It has helped lots of people to understand and cope with "bosses from hell" and am sure it will help your lady and anyone else too.

I sell the hardcopy normally at N1,200 which is the exact money I bought it 2 years ago when I was going through fire in the office by my boss. But because i was able to get the soft copy, which I would forward to you on request, the price is N500.

I guarantee you wont stop thanking me if you go through it.

Text your interest to me at 08038634494 and we go ahead.

However, don't stop encouraging the lady to be courageous. I really imagine the stuff she'd be going through.

Cheers.
Re: How Do You Handle Difficult Bosses? by martinosi: 9:23am On Jul 23, 2010
canuck:

Over the bar! While there are some nuggets in 48 Laws of Power, the book has its foundation in the discredited principles of Niccolò Machiavelli.

E.g. Machiavelli believes "It's better to be feared than loved." That sounds like the boss already!!!  undecided

@ Topic

Is her boss just an a**hole to everyone, or is this targeted at your GF?

The Wahala of the Office place lol,
Female bosses can be a real Pain in der *As** sometimes
Male bosses can be annoying too,
But in the Naija context of the workplace navigating
9 to 5 (abi na 8 to 6pm now or even later) workplace can
be a Minefield and big task as the Boss always thinks he/she
is God!!!. Being a  Boss myself i always lead by Influence and
live my life and leave people to get on with their work.

I make my employees know that i am not their problem and
they should just come in and do their work.

Most of the Bossess that give their staff a hard-time is due
to issues in their personal life and also insecurities!

But i kind of dislike it when a Male Boss is trying to
toast a Female Employee and i have friends that are bossess
in Naija that are always telling me how they are trying to sleep
with this female staff and that female staff when i come to their
offices to conduct business,  Sucks bigtime and shows how "retarded"
some of these guys are,
Re: How Do You Handle Difficult Bosses? by martinosi: 9:32am On Jul 23, 2010
van lion:

Hi my ppl. My boss in our office is very harsh n wicked he brings his handkerchief n ask us to wash it 4 him.The one that surprised me is when he brought dity frm home n asked one of us to go n throw it away for him.He called himself pastor. Nairalanders is it good?. This man insult us as if we are not human beings.God will help us all.Amen.

ROFLAMO, Dammm Naija Bossess can take the P*sss 4 real, why did he
not bring in his dirty under-wear and ask a female staff to wash it lol!!!
Re: How Do You Handle Difficult Bosses? by agho07: 12:59pm On Jul 23, 2010
how to handle difficult bossess in the office, kindly read Psalms 109 on his head, then you will find peace. This verse is very powerfull for people like them
Re: How Do You Handle Difficult Bosses? by softgirl1: 2:25pm On Jul 23, 2010
@ Odjago i like that jare Ps 109 is the key i forgot before, lol grin
Re: How Do You Handle Difficult Bosses? by johndavid1(m): 4:15pm On Jul 24, 2010
Kill them grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Handle Difficult Bosses? by marketplace(m): 5:37pm On Jul 26, 2010
Be submissive and do whatever they ask you to do.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Manufacturing Sector Remains Steady / How To Set Up A Mini – Cybercafe / Is There Anyone Who Can Supply Snails In Large Number?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.