Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,868 members, 7,889,905 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 12:42 AM

500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. - Agriculture (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. (286965 Views)

Akwa Ibom Government Boosts Cocoa Farming With 500,000 Seedlings / 200 Graduates Get N74m, Free Land In Ogun / Irrigation For One Plot Of Land on Low Budget? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (127) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by somessi: 11:13pm On Mar 25, 2019
Cocoboms:

45 to 50 days for most varieties from sowing to first harvest.
Interesting. Thanks a bunch Mr. Emeka. Very constructive.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:19am On Mar 26, 2019
okoroemeka:
the first thing to do before planting is apply manure,then plant,if u see tendrils,apply npk 20 10 10,we mix it with urea because of the poor soil we have,if u have good soil leave urea at that stage,after 2 weeks put npk 20 10 10 + urea,if you see flower at 28-30 days use,npk 15 15 15 + manure,after 2nd harvest repeat only npk 151515 and do so every 2nd harvest,for serious commercial cucumber farms fertilizer is applied every 7-10 days and while u are doing that foliar fertilizer will be sprayed on the leafs every week with fungicides and other concoctions.if your soil is rich and u follow this procedure u will harvest more than ten times.NB we use bottle crown cap for measuring ferts,it's roughly 6 grams.

Very concise schedule. Thanks for this. However, if I may ask, all these NPKs with different ratios, are they substitutes to the hiafa bonus n Di-grows that we have, or are they to be used together?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by vosquare: 7:54am On Mar 26, 2019
Yampotatocarrot:

Very concise schedule. Thanks for this. However, if I may ask, all these NPKs with different ratios, are they substitutes to the hiafa bonus n Di-grows that we have, or are they to be used together?
They are different... Not substitute.. Bonus is to make leaves greener, di grow red brings out more flower, di grow green makes the leaves broader... Npk makes the roots stronger larger and the fruit bigger

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 2:11pm On Mar 26, 2019
vosquare:

They are different... Not substitute.. Bonus is to make leaves greener, di grow red brings out more flower, di grow green makes the leaves broader... Npk makes the roots stronger larger and the fruit bigger
very good summary and manure balances the pH level of the soil so the excess salts in fertilizer will not build up and be acidic.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by lahify(m): 7:51pm On Mar 26, 2019
okoroemeka:
the first thing to do before planting is apply manure,then plant,if u see tendrils,apply npk 20 10 10,we mix it with urea because of the poor soil we have,if u have good soil leave urea at that stage,after 2 weeks put npk 20 10 10 + urea,if you see flower at 28-30 days use,npk 15 15 15 + manure,after 2nd harvest repeat only npk 151515 and do so every 2nd harvest,for serious commercial cucumber farms fertilizer is applied every 7-10 days and while u are doing that foliar fertilizer will be sprayed on the leafs every week with fungicides and other concoctions.if your soil is rich and u follow this procedure u will harvest more than ten times.NB we use bottle crown cap for measuring ferts,it's roughly 6 grams.
thanks a lot
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by ogbongenet: 8:45pm On Mar 26, 2019
This organic foliar fertilizer is super

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 8:15pm On Mar 31, 2019
we have done a second green beans site,we found out that irrigation on a flat bed without drip is a pain in the ass,we have reviewed our irrigation system by doing holes on top of the ridges to accommodate manure, fertilizer and water every well,and come next dry season we are surely leaving water pump/hose behind and porting fully to drip irrigation for all our projects next dry season,it's time to work smart

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Degis(m): 10:00am On Apr 01, 2019
ogbongenet:
This organic foliar fertilizer is super

Are you selling and how much please
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by ashpanez: 6:25pm On Apr 01, 2019
pls Mr OKORO and other experts in this thread, what chemicals can use to tackle curl leave virus in my backyard pepper farm. It has continued affecting them. I need help pls
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 6:48pm On Apr 01, 2019
ashpanez:
pls Mr OKORO and other experts in this thread, what chemicals can use to tackle curl leave virus in my backyard pepper farm. It has continued affecting them. I need help pls
pics could have helped, bacterial leaf spot or tobacco virus can do that, remove affected crops and dispose,that's the reason for proactive spraying of original copper fungicides and systemic insecticide on pepper weekly to chase viral vectors like aphids,because if viral problems come no remedy.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:14am On Apr 03, 2019
okoroemeka:
we have done a second green beans site,we found out that irrigation on a flat bed without drip is a pain in the ass,we have reviewed our irrigation system by doing holes on top of the ridges to accommodate manure, fertilizer and water every well,and come next dry season we are surely leaving water pump/hose behind and porting fully to drip irrigation for all our projects next dry season,it's time to work smart

Good day, Op. Please, how many seeds did you plant per hole here?

Im asking because I did something like this when I replanted the cukes that didn't germinate, and I planted two per fat hole like yours. Hope there'll be no problem?

I'll like to also add that I've discovered that for a plot or half plot of land, sack farming will accommodate more plants than planting directly in the ground.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 6:26am On Apr 03, 2019
Yampotatocarrot:

Good day, Op. Please, how many seeds did you plant per hole here?

Im asking because I did something like this when I replanted the cukes that didn't germinate, and I planted two per fat hole like yours. Hope there'll be no problem?

I'll like to also add that I've discovered that for a plot or half plot of land, sack farming will accommodate more plants than planting directly in the ground.
we planted 2 seeds per hole,no problems,but that farm pic u saw was green beans not cukes
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Yampotatocarrot(m): 1:11pm On Apr 03, 2019
okoroemeka:
we planted 2 seeds per hole,no problems,but that farm pic u saw was green beans not cukes

Okay, thanks for the reply
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Juliana7: 8:04pm On Apr 03, 2019
@op okoroemeka, pls sir, we need update on your watermelon farm. Like what and u have used and would use( in terms of insecticide, fungicide and fertilizer). Are gonna stake/trellis d watermelon. Thanks
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 8:55pm On Apr 03, 2019
Juliana7:
@op okoroemeka, pls sir, we need update on your watermelon farm. Like what and u have used and would use( in terms of insecticide, fungicide and fertilizer). Are gonna stake/trellis d watermelon. Thanks
hmm,we have not done anything to the melon,we are so busy that we forgot the melon, even common fungicide or foliar we have not sprayed, thank God we applied good manure and nematicide before planting that why all insects ran away,they are crawling now with small tendrils appearing,it's time for 1st NPK/urea application,but I will give it to this melons no amount of sunlight can shake them,we irrigate every 3 days but their heat tolerance is unbelievable,no wonder they said it originated from the desert,and thing noticed is that no nematicide ,no vegetables farming for us as simple as that,that thing kills anything that flew,crawl,jumped or wriggled near the melons, including snails, centipede, millipedes,worms of various categories, caterpillars of different models,bettles of all colours,but only drawback it also kills earthworm,but a small price to pay for a good yield.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 9:04pm On Apr 03, 2019
watermelon does not require staking but I saw an interesting video on YouTube about a staked WM farm in isreal,and that also got us thinking how hard can it get,we will just use bamboo and staked 2 or 3 crops and see the yoeld difference, they fashion slings from old mosquito nettings and put the balls in it when small and the sling will be attached to the bamboo crosspole with a strong rope and the ball will develop and fill the sling,it will be another interesting experiment.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Cocoboms(m): 10:03pm On Apr 03, 2019
okoroemeka:
watermelon does not require staking but I saw an interesting video on YouTube about a staked WM farm in isreal,and that also got us thinking how hard can it get,we will just use bamboo and staked 2 or 3 crops and see the yoeld difference, they fashion slings from old mosquito nettings and put the balls in it when small and the sling will be attached to the bamboo crosspole with a strong rope and the ball will develop and fill the sling,it will be another interesting experiment.

They use those trellis for WM that don't grow more than 4kg (small sized WM).
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Cocoboms(m): 10:04pm On Apr 03, 2019
Isreal has gone far long ago

okoroemeka:
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Cocoboms(m): 10:05pm On Apr 03, 2019
grin grin grin
okoroemeka:
hmm,we have not done anything to the melon,we are so busy that we forgot the melon, even common fungicide or foliar we have not sprayed, thank God we applied good manure and nematicide before planting that why all insects ran away,they are crawling now with small tendrils appearing,it's time for 1st NPK/urea application,but I will give it to this melons no amount of sunlight can shake them,we irrigate every 3 days but their heat tolerance is unbelievable,no wonder they said it originated from the desert,and thing noticed is that no nematicide ,no vegetables farming for us as simple as that,that thing kills anything that flew,crawl,jumped or wriggled near the melons, including snails, centipede, millipedes,worms of various categories, caterpillars of different models,bettles of all colours,but only drawback it also kills earthworm,but a small price to pay for a good yield.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Juliana7: 10:26pm On Apr 03, 2019
okoroemeka:
thank u sir for d info. Thanks
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 11:04pm On Apr 03, 2019
Cocoboms:

They use those trellis for WM that don't grow more than 4kg (small sized WM).
hmm,if u see the size they grow you will be shocked they use iron stands to do the staking,that is the only problem I am seeing in staking WM on a big scale,if u have 30-40 WM balls of 10 kg avg on a 20 ft stretch of bamboo that will be 300-400 kg weight on the bamboo,the bamboo that will be used for such project will be specially selected before cutting.

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Cocoboms(m): 1:55am On Apr 04, 2019
Okay sir. But it would be an interesting project to carry out in Nigeria. Don't you think? cheesy

okoroemeka:
hmm,if u see the size they grow you will be shocked they use iron stands to do the staking,that is the only problem I am seeing in staking WM on a big scale,if u have 30-40 WM balls of 10 kg avg on a 20 ft stretch of bamboo that will be 300-400 kg weight on the bamboo,the bamboo that will be used for such project will be specially selected before cutting.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 5:39am On Apr 04, 2019
Cocoboms:
Okay sir. But it would be an interesting project to carry out in Nigeria. Don't you think? cheesy

if we will stake 2 or 3 plants to see how viable and doable it is then we can scale it up,if WM can be grown with slightly wider gaps like 2 feet spacing from cukes and staked,,imagine the yield that will come if you plant 1000 WM crop with staking on 1 plot of land against planting 300-400 on the same plot without staking using 5×4 feet spacing to crawl on ground,but the staking will be something else,it will be carefully done with selected materials and experienced workers with intense supervision.i doubt if we can pull it off,but if we do then it will be the craziest thing we have ever done.

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Functionoftime(m): 2:31pm On Apr 04, 2019
okoroemeka:
if we will stake 2 or 3 plants to see how viable and doable it is then we can scale it up,if WM can be grown with slightly wider gaps like 2 feet spacing from cukes and staked,,imagine the yield that will come if you plant 1000 WM crop with staking on 1 plot of land against planting 300-400 on the same plot without staking using 5×4 feet spacing to crawl on ground,but the staking will be something else,it will be carefully done with selected materials and experienced workers with intense supervision.i doubt if we can pull it off,but if we do then it will be the craziest thing we have ever done.
Interesting. Please share the link to the YouTube video
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Functionoftime(m): 2:32pm On Apr 04, 2019
okoroemeka:
Is it the foreign nematicide you told us about?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by lahify(m): 5:00pm On Apr 04, 2019
boss any update on the green beans?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 5:05pm On Apr 04, 2019
lahify:
boss any update on the green beans?
not yet,but updates will come as usual
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 5:11pm On Apr 04, 2019
The watermelon is from my candid observation a dry season crop to be planted with drip irrigation and the yield will be fantastic from October-april/may, we planted election day 9 March and they are looking good, will sprray fungicide/fertilizer tomorrow morning.

1 Share

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Juliana7: 6:43pm On Apr 04, 2019
okoroemeka:
The watermelon is from my candid observation a dry season crop to be planted with drip irrigation and the yield will be fantastic from October-april/may, we planted election day 9 March and they are looking good, will sprray fungicide/fertilizer tomorrow morning.
pls sir what variety is this watermelon?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 6:49pm On Apr 04, 2019
Juliana7:
pls sir what variety is this watermelon?
hybrid koloss f1 the biggest size melon in Nigeria now.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by maiunguwar: 6:51pm On Apr 04, 2019
@okoroemeka,so you didn't on election day?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 8:07pm On Apr 04, 2019
maiunguwar:
@okoroemeka,so you didn't on election day?
haaaaahaaa!!got me there, sometimes it's very challenging to be a full time farmer,I swear!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (127) (Reply)

The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) / ... / Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.