Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,758 members, 7,886,005 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 07:29 PM

Search Begins For Who Will Play Dagrin In 'ghetto Dreams' Movie On His Life And - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Search Begins For Who Will Play Dagrin In 'ghetto Dreams' Movie On His Life And (2079 Views)

Remembering Dagrin: His Life, Death, Legacy / If Dagrin No Go, Olamide No Go Come – Whats Your Take On This? / "Dagrin's Documentary" Remembering His Life And Times. . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Search Begins For Who Will Play Dagrin In 'ghetto Dreams' Movie On His Life And by Genuflect(m): 4:08pm On Jul 22, 2010
tosinaded@:

to make a film shocked
Dude, making a film is different from making a biopic. You no know the difference?
Re: Search Begins For Who Will Play Dagrin In 'ghetto Dreams' Movie On His Life And by Sauron1: 4:12pm On Jul 22, 2010
tosinaded@:

to make a film shocked

Yes!!!!

Go and watch NOTORIOUS and see how they got everyone involved.
Biggie's classmates, his teachers, hustlers, friends, relatives, Police, etc.

I am not saying ALL these people must act in the movie. . . .but they need to be interviewed so people can have undiluted information of Da Grin.
Let us know what he was like in school, how he behaved as a kid, how he hustled, his pain n struggle.
That is what making MOVIES should be all about not some useless storyline about Da Grin popping champagne in a dinghy club.
Re: Search Begins For Who Will Play Dagrin In 'ghetto Dreams' Movie On His Life And by tosinaded(m): 4:13pm On Jul 22, 2010
guy like i said before . . . its a film not a series!
patapata na 3hrs!
u dnt need everybody's view on DaGrin

i tire o
Re: Search Begins For Who Will Play Dagrin In 'ghetto Dreams' Movie On His Life And by Sauron1: 4:15pm On Jul 22, 2010
tosinaded@:

patapata na 3hrs!

i tire o

Then what's the point in making a useless movie if the movie isn't going to convince an average mind about his lifetime.
Nigerians are so used to crappy quality - If you are going to do anything at all. . . .DO IT WELL.

The information would be collected and the producer/director would take out what is RELEVANT from the lots.
That is how to make a movie. The movie won't be more than 120 mins but by the time you end up watching it, you woulda known about Da Grin more than the rubbish you can read on newspapers/magazines!
Re: Search Begins For Who Will Play Dagrin In 'ghetto Dreams' Movie On His Life And by tosinaded(m): 4:17pm On Jul 22, 2010
~Sauron~:

I am not saying ALL these people must act in the movie. . . .but they need to be interviewed so people can have undiluted information of Da Grin.
Let us know what he was like in school, how he behaved as a kid, how he hustled, his pain n struggle.

ok u av a point there!
u guys win. . . . . .

but hmmmmm nothing!
i still feel all that might av been done u know grin
Re: Search Begins For Who Will Play Dagrin In 'ghetto Dreams' Movie On His Life And by Sauron1: 4:22pm On Jul 22, 2010
tosinaded@:

but hmmmmm nothing!
i still feel all that might av been done u know grin

Knowing Lancelot, i doubt it. . . . .
Naija movie producers are so limited. . .They rarely get experts involved in big projects.

Lancelot would be the writer, producer, director, marketer, distributor, photographer, camera man, special effects, driver, make-up artiste, etc.
I won't be surprised if Lancelot plays the role of Da Grin himself to minimize cost.
Re: Search Begins For Who Will Play Dagrin In 'ghetto Dreams' Movie On His Life And by chingching(f): 4:23pm On Jul 22, 2010
who is Dagrin?
Re: Search Begins For Who Will Play Dagrin In 'ghetto Dreams' Movie On His Life And by tosinaded(m): 4:28pm On Jul 22, 2010
chingching:

who is Dagrin?

heard of google?
use it undecided

~Sauron~:

Knowing Lancelot, i doubt it. . . . .
Naija movie producers are so limited. . .They rarely get experts involved in big projects.

Lancelot would be the writer, producer, director, marketer, distributor, photographer, camera man, special effects, driver, make-up artiste, etc.
I won't be surprised if Lancelot plays the role of Da Grin himself to minimize cost.

u av a valid point, thats nollywood for u!
but i doubt any producer would wanna mess up a DaGrin film!
Guy is a Legend!
DaGrin i mean
Re: Search Begins For Who Will Play Dagrin In 'ghetto Dreams' Movie On His Life And by Genuflect(m): 4:33pm On Jul 22, 2010
tosinaded@:

u av a valid point, thats nollywood for u!
but i doubt any producer would wanna mess up a DaGrin film!
Guy is a Legend!
DaGrin i mean
Because Da Grin na legend no mean say the director go stretch himself. That is why this project should be done properly
Re: Search Begins For Who Will Play Dagrin In 'ghetto Dreams' Movie On His Life And by tosinaded(m): 4:46pm On Jul 22, 2010
Genuflect:

Because Da Grin na legend no mean say the director go stretch himself. That is why this project should be done properly

guy stop confusing urself jor!
its not the fact tjhat he's a legend. . . that will stretch him, but the fact that people who will watch it, are going to rate his work!
and also it can make or mar his career!
Re: Search Begins For Who Will Play Dagrin In 'ghetto Dreams' Movie On His Life And by Genuflect(m): 4:52pm On Jul 22, 2010
tosinaded@:

guy stop confusing urself jor!
its not the fact tjhat he's a legend. . . that will stretch him, but the fact that people who will watch it, are going to rate his work!
and also it can make or mar his career!
My point is, he can't exceed what he normally does. No be Naija? If he is not known for quality works, no go gawk say this one go be quality. Capish?
Re: Search Begins For Who Will Play Dagrin In 'ghetto Dreams' Movie On His Life And by tosinaded(m): 5:09pm On Jul 22, 2010
Genuflect:

My point is, he can't exceed what he normally does. No be Naija? If he is not known for quality works, no go gawk say this one go be quality. Capish?

is ur next album going to be the same as who killed the evening?
Re: Search Begins For Who Will Play Dagrin In 'ghetto Dreams' Movie On His Life And by phemmy88(m): 5:43pm On Jul 22, 2010
2 really make a gud movie pips like Sossick,YQ, childhood friends, co-hustlers,parents,Yio entertainment e.t.c shuld b d point of call as dis peeps really know who grin really was both on and off stage, dis project is similar 2 "notorious" directed by George Tillman jr,Where summary of B.I.G's life is detailed.
Nigerians 're nt xpecting any crappy movie here n d producer shuld b careful 'cos i cant imagine wande coal being in dat list to act as grin! So disgusting.
Re: Search Begins For Who Will Play Dagrin In 'ghetto Dreams' Movie On His Life And by 04kaa: 8:27pm On Jul 22, 2010
Genuflect:

Dude, making a film is different from making a biopic. You no know the difference?

na tosin-odeda u dey ask spot the difference?, what an insult. Tosinadeda na illiterate be that o,
abi wetin u dey take style talk? wetin u dey insinuate, genuflect u don get indirect sense for ur face be that o.

tosinaded@:

is your next album going to be the same as who killed the evening?
haba, na genuflect u dey ask question, well foolish question deserve foolish answer. grin
Re: Search Begins For Who Will Play Dagrin In 'ghetto Dreams' Movie On His Life And by Genuflect(m): 12:40pm On Jul 23, 2010
tosinaded@:

is your next album going to be the same as who killed the evening?
See question. Lol. I am still going to spit the same way, only on unique beats and with better production. You dig?
Re: Search Begins For Who Will Play Dagrin In 'ghetto Dreams' Movie On His Life And by eldee(m): 12:57pm On Jul 23, 2010
tosinaded@:

patapata na 3hrs!

i tire o

An example . . . Notorious B.I.G's mum didn't know he was into drugs.
Up till today, the people on his street didn't know what he got up to.
If I died today, my parents only knew 4 of my girlfriends. . . the player Eldee will be lost.

American actors go to live with the people in order to get the role perfected, I see no reason why it shouldn't be the same here.
Re: Search Begins For Who Will Play Dagrin In 'ghetto Dreams' Movie On His Life And by nellaluv(f): 5:09pm On Jul 23, 2010
He should perfect nollytrashwood fiction first before going into biography, na wa for longthroat tongue .
He should better work with professionals to make this movie worthwhile.
Aki or pawpaw can be dagrin @ least they can sing undecided , hmmmn tongue
Re: Search Begins For Who Will Play Dagrin In 'ghetto Dreams' Movie On His Life And by tekajibril(m): 6:43pm On Jul 23, 2010
Genuflect:

Dagrin no be legend joor. What musical acheivement did he have to give him that legend status? He was a extremely good artist, EXTREMELY GOOD!! If he is a Legend then, Fela should be put as a consellation of stars in the sky.
Re: Search Begins For Who Will Play Dagrin In 'ghetto Dreams' Movie On His Life And by badman(m): 3:18pm On Jul 24, 2010
Nice concept but if it cant be done well let them just leave it, I would have picked tunde kelani for this job,

there needs to be a kinda resemblance between dagrin and the dagrin in the movie, they could as well use his brother if he has one, no nollywood actor pls
Re: Search Begins For Who Will Play Dagrin In 'ghetto Dreams' Movie On His Life And by mystikal(m): 4:15am On Oct 15, 2010
Where d movie na?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Plz, I Need To Download 1,2,3 Hiphop / Download Kuzzy Coded Ft Idowest - Lamba Samba / Throwback: Baba Fryo Dem Go Day Pose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.