Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,028 members, 7,942,720 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 03:36 PM

6 Things You Should Never Do On Your First Date - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 6 Things You Should Never Do On Your First Date (28448 Views)

6 Things That Sum Up What Guys Really Need In A Relationship But Never Ask For / 6 Things Nigerian Women Must Do To Make Themselves More Attractive To Men / Guy Rejects Girl Who Rejected Him After First Date: She Over Reacts (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Things You Should Never Do On Your First Date by gisthabit: 11:33pm On Nov 08, 2018
First dates are always beautiful and mostly filled with a lot of anxiousness especially when it took you so long to secure the date with the person involved.

Unfortunately, most people mess up the opportunity by allowing themselves to be carried away with things that are not necessary on the d-day.

6 Things you should never do on your first date

#1 Don’t Show Up With an Empty Wallet

Yes, but that is the idea thing. Don’t show up without any cash or debit card on you hoping that your date will foot your bills.

Sometimes some people are left stranded and disappointed when their date is unable to foot their bills which can lead to untold embarrassment.

#2 Dress Neatly and Smart

Do not dress shabbily. You don’t need to have expensive clothes to appear neat and smart, all you need do is to make sure that you dress in clean and ironed clothes.

Take your bath 30-mins to the date and brush or comb your hair to help you look and remain fresh throughout the period of the date.

#3 Never Talk About Your Ex

I am once a victim of this, I was so carried away with the story of my ex that my date had to call my attention to it.

You don’t need to talk about your ex except your partner requests to know. And in this case, you should try as much as possible to keep it short and straight so you don’t dwell so much on it.

#4 Be Considerate When Asked To Place Orders

Most ladies are culprits when it comes to this. Immediately they are giving the go-ahead to place orders for foods and drinks they go ahead to place unimaginable orders, some even go to the extent of requesting for take-away packs for their friends and family.

Be considerate, be fair, and be mature.

#5 Keep Your Mobile Phone Away

Do not allow your mobile phone to take the center stage of the day. These days, couples end up going to out for dates without having any quality conversion because they were glued to their mobile phone throughout the date.

Quiet put away your phone and focus your attention on the date.

#6 Don’t Ask For Sex

This might be very difficult for some people. Requesting for sex on the first date can send negative signals to your partner.

For the woman it makes you look cheap while for the man it makes you look deceptive desperate.

Take your time to know each other and other things will follow naturally.

Source:http://gisthabit.com/6-things-you-should-never-do-on-your-first-date/

13 Likes

Re: 6 Things You Should Never Do On Your First Date by gisthabit: 11:34pm On Nov 08, 2018
READ UP ON HOW TO ACQUIRE AND MAINTAIN SELF CONFIDENCE

http://gisthabit.com/how-to-acquire-maintain-self-confidence/

2 Likes

Re: 6 Things You Should Never Do On Your First Date by diego101(m): 4:53am On Nov 09, 2018
Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Things You Should Never Do On Your First Date by Qsscruz(m): 4:55am On Nov 09, 2018
Too many rules for the poor..Make money and watch everything you do turn to fun for the opposite sex..

158 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 6 Things You Should Never Do On Your First Date by MJBOLT: 4:55am On Nov 09, 2018
7.bringing all your friends without informing the guy

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Things You Should Never Do On Your First Date by belamour(m): 4:56am On Nov 09, 2018
So what are the things they should do ??
Re: 6 Things You Should Never Do On Your First Date by smoke9910(m): 4:56am On Nov 09, 2018
8. do not lie to them like buhari.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Things You Should Never Do On Your First Date by Divinerace(m): 5:00am On Nov 09, 2018
Oh
Re: 6 Things You Should Never Do On Your First Date by QuietHammer(m): 5:01am On Nov 09, 2018
Nonsense. Just buy her a bottle of drink and gala then go fvck each other like two rabbits. Why pretend to be prim and proper?

10 Likes

Re: 6 Things You Should Never Do On Your First Date by frankopit: 5:05am On Nov 09, 2018
Do not go with friends.

3 Likes

Re: 6 Things You Should Never Do On Your First Date by Nathdoug(m): 5:07am On Nov 09, 2018
NEVER BRING YOUR FRIENDS ALONG ESPECIALLY FOR THOSE LONG THROAT GIRLS

6 Likes

Re: 6 Things You Should Never Do On Your First Date by VIPERVENOM(m): 5:07am On Nov 09, 2018
Op the heading and the content of ur topic don't match at all

2 Likes

Re: 6 Things You Should Never Do On Your First Date by Dollabiz: 5:17am On Nov 09, 2018
smiley
Re: 6 Things You Should Never Do On Your First Date by Pavore9: 5:21am On Nov 09, 2018
How a lady feels so entitled to go on a date with an empty wallet still baffles me! cheesy

10 Likes

Re: 6 Things You Should Never Do On Your First Date by Naughtytboy: 5:23am On Nov 09, 2018
Who go take me out for a date, am in abuja. Am cool a guy, dbanj look alike

1 Like

Re: 6 Things You Should Never Do On Your First Date by elclassical(m): 5:26am On Nov 09, 2018
faa abia kwaa,wil this change the price of kerosene to #75...
Re: 6 Things You Should Never Do On Your First Date by chronique(m): 5:27am On Nov 09, 2018
Been long I went on a date though...

1 Like

Re: 6 Things You Should Never Do On Your First Date by legibow: 5:33am On Nov 09, 2018
gisthabit:
First dates are always beautiful and mostly filled with a lot of anxiousness especially when it took you so long to secure the date with the person involved.

Unfortunately, most people mess up the opportunity by allowing themselves to be carried away with things that are not necessary on the d-day.

6 Things you should never do on your first date

#1 Don’t Show Up With an Empty Wallet

Yes, but that is the idea thing. Don’t show up without any cash or debit card on you hoping that your date will foot your bills.

Sometimes some people are left stranded and disappointed when their date is unable to foot their bills which can lead to untold embarrassment.

#2 Dress Neatly and Smart

Do not dress shabbily. You don’t need to have expensive clothes to appear neat and smart, all you need do is to make sure that you dress in clean and ironed clothes.

Take your bath 30-mins to the date and brush or comb your hair to help you look and remain fresh throughout the period of the date.

#3 Never Talk About Your Ex

I am once a victim of this, I was so carried away with the story of my ex that my date had to call my attention to it.

You don’t need to talk about your ex except your partner requests to know. And in this case, you should try as much as possible to keep it short and straight so you don’t dwell so much on it.

#4 Be Considerate When Asked To Place Orders

Most ladies are culprits when it comes to this. Immediately they are giving the go-ahead to place orders for foods and drinks they go ahead to place unimaginable orders, some even go to the extent of requesting for take-away packs for their friends and family.

Be considerate, be fair, and be mature.

#5 Keep Your Mobile Phone Away

Do not allow your mobile phone to take the center stage of the day. These days, couples end up going to out for dates without having any quality conversion because they were glued to their mobile phone throughout the date.

Quiet put away your phone and focus your attention on the date.

#6 Don’t Ask For Sex

This might be very difficult for some people. Requesting for sex on the first date can send negative signals to your partner.

For the woman it makes you look cheap while for the man it makes you look deceptive desperate.

Take your time to know each other and other things will follow naturally.

Source:http://gisthabit.com/6-things-you-should-never-do-on-your-first-date/

isn't this suppose to be for ur kid at home.... It's obvious that everybody around already knew dis before you did...

2 Likes

Re: 6 Things You Should Never Do On Your First Date by sluk(m): 5:35am On Nov 09, 2018
Do people still date? For all I care people just meet, duck and part. No one should quote me please, I am not feeling fine. Thanks

6 Likes

Re: 6 Things You Should Never Do On Your First Date by consultancy: 5:41am On Nov 09, 2018
4&5 clearly summarizes the 'Nigerian Hungry Girl'. they are everywhere, neatly dressed and pretty too. you would even mistake them for rich kids from rich homes, with good manners, but from the way they make orders and chat with various men online in their quest for their meal tickets, you would realize you have got yourself a native fowl in place of a broiler chicken

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 6 Things You Should Never Do On Your First Date by Dacronym(m): 5:41am On Nov 09, 2018
Re: 6 Things You Should Never Do On Your First Date by Nobody: 5:47am On Nov 09, 2018
Pavore9:
How a lady feels so entitled to go on a date with an empty wallet still baffles me! cheesy
...a NIGERIAN LADY will prefer to go on date with her MAKE-UP BAG than money

11 Likes

Re: 6 Things You Should Never Do On Your First Date by Nobody: 5:48am On Nov 09, 2018
consultancy:
4&5 clearly summarizes the 'Nigerian Hungry Girl'. they are everywhere, neatly dressed and pretty too. you would even mistake them for rich kids from rich homes, with good manners, but from the way they make orders and chat with various men online in their quest for their meal tickets, you would realize you have got yourself a native fowl in place of a broiler chicken
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
grin grin grin grin grin
Abeg take it easy
My belle don burst
Re: 6 Things You Should Never Do On Your First Date by SantiRAMBO: 6:00am On Nov 09, 2018
A typical Nigerian girl must come along with her friends, that's how there measure the size of the guys wallet and to know whether he's stingy or not .. Very funny set of people

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Things You Should Never Do On Your First Date by joyfullyjoyous(f): 6:03am On Nov 09, 2018
Some ladies can be funny. I remember a lady that had a date with a new guy she met. When they got to the joint and was asked to place her order,she quickly got up n went to the barbeque stand. When she got there,she ordered the biggest fish that she couldn't finish. Her date was surprised when the fish was brought and asked if she could finish it to which she said yes. Not quite long a man selling bitter cola passed by. She called him and took bitter cola worth about N300. Rather than pay herself, she asked her date to pay. He handed her N500 note n when the balance was given to her,she quickly put it in her purse. According to her friend that was there,she could not finish the fish barbeque and had to ask for a take away pack. Funny enough when she got home,it was her dog she gave it to as she was staying alone. A working class mature lady at that that was always complaining she had no man in her life.
That's the last time she saw the man as he was pissed off.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Things You Should Never Do On Your First Date by Mideyblaq(m): 6:03am On Nov 09, 2018
You get am
Re: 6 Things You Should Never Do On Your First Date by omokiri5(m): 6:11am On Nov 09, 2018
Noted

Pls Nairalanders, I'm a graduate that needs help to get a keke maruwa to ride. Kindly check details on my signature. Thank you
Re: 6 Things You Should Never Do On Your First Date by Nobody: 6:20am On Nov 09, 2018
Kl

1 Like

Re: 6 Things You Should Never Do On Your First Date by niggi4life(m): 6:20am On Nov 09, 2018
Do people still have dates?

Gone were those days when you meet a girl and take her out on a date. Just like love letter era faded so is dating fading away.

Your first date with a woman should be when you guys meet on Fb, Twitter, IG and then you bring her to WhatsApp. You guys chat and get to know each other better, exchange pictures and constant calls and more chats follows.

As a sharp guy, 90% of your homework should have been done online, so that when you guys are meeting,good sex follows.... Shikena

17 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Are Ladies After Marriage More Than Guys? / Things That A Man Needs More Than Beauty / Meet The Hottest Black Nurse On Instagram: Her Large Breasts Can Cure Diseases.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.