Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,023 members, 7,919,256 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 04:23 AM

How Security Agents Intimidated Me At Abuja Airport – Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Security Agents Intimidated Me At Abuja Airport – Atiku (916 Views)

Insecurity: How Security Chiefs Secured Confidence Of Senators – Vanguard / How Security Forces Neutralized Ikonson, Other "Unknown Gunmen" / How Security Agents Hunting For IPOB Killed Unarmed People In Enugu - PUNCH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Security Agents Intimidated Me At Abuja Airport – Atiku by Limitednow: 6:38pm On Nov 11, 2018

Home National
How Security Agents Intimidated Me At Abuja Airport – Atiku
By Politics Times - November 11, 20180

Atiku Abubakar, the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has said he was intimidated at Abuja airport while arriving the country.

The former vice president popularly known as Atiku said the incident took place on Sunday morning.

He has been away from the country since October after emerging the presidential candidate of the PDP.

Report says he was strategizing on how to go about his campaign activities in far away Dubai. He reportedly met with his running mate, Peter Obi, including the director-general of his campaign organisation and Senate President Bukola Saraki.

The meeting did not go down well with the ruling All Progressive Congress (APC) who panicked that the gathering outside the country had ulterior motives, calling on security agents to be at alert.

Narrating how he was intimidated, Atiku said he was thoroughly searched by security agents in an unruly manner.

Although he did not mention which particular security outfit carried out the action, the Nigerian Immigration Service (NIS), State Security Service (SSS) and the Nigeria Police are usually found at the airport for such searches.

“I arrived to Abuja this morning to a search by agents of the state, aimed at intimidating me and my staff,” the former vice president said in a tweet.

“I am committed to building a Nigeria where no citizen is intimidated by agents of state who are paid to protect them,” he added.

Source: https://politicstimesng.com/security-agents-intimidated-me-atiku/

lalasticlala
Re: How Security Agents Intimidated Me At Abuja Airport – Atiku by WhyMoD: 6:40pm On Nov 11, 2018
Buhari has no idea what democracy means.

Lemme say this here again.
I've seen threads were people are talking about migrating to other countries to work. Funny enough I recognized some BMC members there. They're are some of those asking people to bear with Buhari for another 4yrs so that power will come to them.

So after voting Buhari here you want to escape to another man's country abi? What if they voted someone like Buhari and jobs are being lost instead of being created? What job would you have gone there to do?

Anybody who voted Buhari must never be given Visa to another man's country. They must remain in Nigeria and enjoy the change.

2 Likes

Re: How Security Agents Intimidated Me At Abuja Airport – Atiku by Limitednow: 6:41pm On Nov 11, 2018
grin

APC and desperation

1 Like

Re: How Security Agents Intimidated Me At Abuja Airport – Atiku by naijaguy123456(m): 6:42pm On Nov 11, 2018
Who is after Atiku ? The only thief and saviour of ndigbo worldwide. He should be locked up immediately.
Re: How Security Agents Intimidated Me At Abuja Airport – Atiku by ImperialYoruba: 6:46pm On Nov 11, 2018
I dont believe Atiku would arrive and no one is there airport to welcome him....particularly in Abuja.
...and im sure, as witnesses, they will have pictures to show the intimidation and harrassment.

Atiku's shadows is intimidating him...security is just doing its job.

1 Like

Re: How Security Agents Intimidated Me At Abuja Airport – Atiku by PassingShot(m): 6:48pm On Nov 11, 2018
Atiku the fraud at it again.

He will surely cry tearsof blood after his impending disgrace in 2019.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Security Agents Intimidated Me At Abuja Airport – Atiku by sekundosekundo: 6:58pm On Nov 11, 2018
PassingShot:
Atiku the fraud at it again.
He will surely cry tearsof blood after his impending disgrace in 2019.

1 Like

Re: How Security Agents Intimidated Me At Abuja Airport – Atiku by Stalwert: 7:07pm On Nov 11, 2018
Atiku thinks he is above the law, was he not searched on entering Dubai? ICAO does not recognize big man, if he feels he is big he should just stop flying.

Well done security men, do your job without fear or favour. We know ipob Atikulooted their brains don't know what international travel is so they will buy any foolish tale Atiku throw their way

Re: How Security Agents Intimidated Me At Abuja Airport – Atiku by Stalwert: 7:13pm On Nov 11, 2018
[s]
WhyMoD:

I've seen threads were people are talking about migrating to other countries to work. Funny enough I recognized some BMC members there. They're are some of those asking people to bear with Buhari for another 4yrs so that power will come to them.

So after voting Buhari here you want to escape to another man's country abi? What if they voted someone like Buhari and jobs are being lost instead of being created? What job would you have gone there to do?

Anybody who voted Buhari must never be given Visa to another man's country. They must remain in Nigeria and enjoy the change.
[/s]

Maybe all of the world don't know democracy, since everyone is searched when they enter an international airport. If you have not travelled before, ask those who have travelled before instead of embarrassing yourself.

1 Like

Re: How Security Agents Intimidated Me At Abuja Airport – Atiku by WhyMoD: 7:18pm On Nov 11, 2018
Stalwert:
[s][/s]

Maybe all of the world don't know democracy, since everyone is searched when they enter an international airport. If you have not travelled before, ask those who have travelled before instead of embarrassing yourself.
Atiku has diplomatic passport. They're not even searched in other countries talk more of his own country.
You're obviously blinded with fanatism

2 Likes

Re: How Security Agents Intimidated Me At Abuja Airport – Atiku by Stalwert: 7:24pm On Nov 11, 2018
[s]
WhyMoD:
Atiku has diplomatic passport. They're not even searched in other countries talk more of his own country.
You're obviously blinded with fanatism
[/s]

Have you travelled before?
Re: How Security Agents Intimidated Me At Abuja Airport – Atiku by WhyMoD: 9:04pm On Nov 11, 2018
Stalwert:
[s][/s]

ADVANTAGES AND PRIVILLEGES OF HAVING A DIPLOMATIC PASSPORT

The most important advantage of diplomatic passports is that it is a proof that the holder enjoys diplomatic immunity and identifies a honorary consul to the authorities of the host country. However, there are other numerous advantages and privileges of having a diplomatic passport. These privileges vary from one state to the other and with the main object behind the diplomatic appointments.

Some of the common advantages and privileges’ of having a diplomatic passport include;

· When travelling, a diplomat may use the diplomatic channels of airports and will not be subject to time delaying and annoying customer checks

I'm not your mate dude.
I don't even live in ur shithole with you (if that'll help).
Re: How Security Agents Intimidated Me At Abuja Airport – Atiku by ZombiePUNISHER: 9:07pm On Nov 11, 2018
WhyMoD:

Funny enough... Zombies are the ones littering all embassies in Lagos and Abuja looking for visa to escape...
Re: How Security Agents Intimidated Me At Abuja Airport – Atiku by ZombiePUNISHER: 9:10pm On Nov 11, 2018
Stalwert:
[s][/s]

Better shut Up in a public forum or risk embarrassing yourself...

Just keep it simple... Be shouting sai barber
Re: How Security Agents Intimidated Me At Abuja Airport – Atiku by Stalwert: 4:51am On Nov 12, 2018
[s]
WhyMoD:
ADVANTAGES AND PRIVILLEGES OF HAVING A DIPLOMATIC PASSPORT

The most important advantage of diplomatic passports is that it is a proof that the holder enjoys diplomatic immunity and identifies a honorary consul to the authorities of the host country. However, there are other numerous advantages and privileges of having a diplomatic passport. These privileges vary from one state to the other and with the main object behind the diplomatic appointments.

Some of the common advantages and privileges’ of having a diplomatic passport include;

· When travelling, a diplomat may use the diplomatic channels of airports and will not be subject to time delaying and annoying customer checks

I'm not your mate dude.
I don't even live in ur shithole with you (if that'll help).
[/s]

The problem with ipob ignoramus is that they are prisoners in their hamlets and think Google is a substitute for real life experience.
In your pathetic googling did you come across this:

The Vienna Convention of 1961, article 36, states:

1. The receiving State shall, in accordance with such laws and regulations as it may adopt, permit entry of and grant exemption from all customs duties, taxes, and related charges other than charges for storage, cartage and similar services, on:

(a) Articles for the official use of the mission;

(b) Articles for the personal use of a diplomatic agent or members of his family forming part of his household, including articles intended for his establishment.

2. The personal baggage of a diplomatic agent shall be exempt from inspection, unless there are serious grounds for presuming that it contains articles not covered by the exemptions mentioned in paragraph 1 of this article, or articles the import or export of which is prohibited by the law or controlled by the quarantine regulations of the receiving State. Such inspection shall be conducted only in the presence of the diplomatic agent or of his authorized representative.

http://legal.un.org/ilc/texts/in...

This means that a diplomat is indeed exempt from security checks in airports, unless there are serious grounds for presuming their baggage contains prohibited items for import/export. Interestingly: also his family members who are part of his household are exempt.

However, it is reasonable to “request” a diplomat to undergo the same security checks as every other passenger goes through, though likely in a separate channel, and if they refuse, an airline may reasonably refuse to carry them.

Different airlines may have different policies on handling this, and as it is generally not great PR for the airline to start a diplomatic incident, normally all parties participate as far as a search of carry on luggage for weapons and explosives goes. Equally, it doesn’t reflect well on diplomats if they would abuse this privilege willy-nilly.

Confidential papers should never be asked to be checked. That includes so called “crossed” diplomatic bags.

Only a compound fool will think with all the security problems the world is facing tat diplomats aren't subjected to routine checks, Atiku is not a diplomat, he is merely traveling with a diplomat passport, hence the airport security will have less qualms in searching him very well.
Re: How Security Agents Intimidated Me At Abuja Airport – Atiku by Stalwert: 4:53am On Nov 12, 2018
[s]
ZombiePUNISHER:

Better shut Up in a public forum or risk embarrassing yourself...

Just keep it simple... Be shouting sai barber
[/s]

Never argue with the village ...

It is clear you have never left your village before, have you ever fly? I am not talking about witchcraft you practice against people you envy in your village, I am talking about going to an airport and entering a plane...

(1) (Reply)

Donald Duke Picks Shehu Gabam As His Running mate | SDP / Atiku Abubakar Is The Most Corrupt Politician In Africa / 2019 Election: INEC Release State By State Total Registered Voters Respectively

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.