Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,212 members, 7,939,871 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 01:30 PM

Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup - Sports (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup (20863 Views)

U-17 World Cup: Nigeria Vs USA (2 - 0) On 17th October 2015 / Nigeria Vs USA : Women's World Cup ( 0 - 1) On 17th July 2015 / Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by blank(f): 12:08am On Jul 28, 2010
Abeg, forget all these age stuff.

I am interested in finding out about the altercation between Sunday Esther and the US technician.

If anyone knows, pls tell me the story.
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by mamagee3(f): 12:46am On Jul 28, 2010
Is someone comparing a Nigerian player to ronaldo?

This is one funny stuff, ronaldo that put in 42 goals is being compared to a local player that scored 25? grin

Funny stuff!
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by dayokanu(m): 1:09am On Jul 28, 2010
Sagamu,

You should know that Men football and female football differ.

Most women by the age of 30 are weaker than the 19-20yr olds

You know by the time women start doing that thing the become weaker. Ask a 27yr old girl and a 16yr old to run and see who would win.

As men grow older up till 30 the become stronger and more muscular but for women the peak of their energy is between 14 and 24.
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by Sagamite(m): 1:57am On Jul 28, 2010
dayokanu:

Sagamu,

You should know that Men football and female football differ.

Most women by the age of 30 are weaker than the 19-20yr olds

You know by the time women start doing that thing the become weaker. Ask a 27yr old girl and a 16yr old to run and see who would win.

As men grow older up till 30 the become stronger and more muscular but for women the peak of their energy is between 14 and 24.

Me know wetin?

Na people like you go know o. Na your type dey wicked dey work the chics to pieces with una action like German machine.  grin

People like me too slow and useless for that gbenshing area.  cry
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by larimo(m): 1:44pm On Jul 28, 2010
@ Sagamite,

Yes, its in the records that we have cheated many times but before you make conclusions, you need to have the facts particularly for these falconet players. I agree that Stanley Okoro is not U-17 because people who know him have said so and its so rare (to impossible) that a player has played at least 2 seasons in the Premier League and it still 16.

Still, son't just look at faces and conclude by guessing their ages.
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by Sagamite(m): 2:11pm On Jul 28, 2010
larimo:

@ Sagamite,

Yes, its in the records that we have cheated many times but before you make conclusions, you need to have the facts particularly for these falconet players. I agree that Stanley Okoro is not U-17 because people who know him have said so and its so rare (to impossible) that a player has played at least 2 seasons in the Premier League and it still 16.

Still, son't just look at faces and conclude by guessing their ages.

What "fact" do you have that Okoro is not U-17?
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by soloqy: 2:21pm On Jul 28, 2010
But the Stanley Okoro issue was a blatant case of age cheating. I was embarrassed each time he touched the ball and cringed whenever he attempted to score because that would mean him celebrating and thereby necessitate a camera close up  embarassed

But I have a different opinion with the girls.
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by Sagamite(m): 3:02pm On Jul 28, 2010
soloqy:

But the Stanley Okoro issue was a blatant case of age cheating. I was embarrassed each time he touched the ball and cringed whenever he attempted to score because that would mean him celebrating and thereby necessitate a camera close up  embarassed

I don't blame Stanley.

I blame NFF and the coaches (John Obuh or what was his name). Scums of the earth. Selecting such an old old man and displaying him like if he is in his youth because of his small stature shows they are unprincipled morons, without a shred of moral fibre in them and will go to any depths of the filthiest gutters without any shame to rip others off.

They epitomise the retards we have embedded in a lot of public institutions in Nigeria. And we scream AAHHHH and have high BP out of anger when we hear the kinds of sums they steal or when they kill the opposition for an elective office.

They are a reflection of a society we intrinsicly supported.

Hear this on FIFA website:

"So seismic was the impact of Nigeria’s victory over USA in the Germany 2010 quarter-finals that it has been called the greatest achievement in the history of women’s football, not just in that country but for the whole of Africa. They have a place in the last four of a FIFA women’s tournament for the first time and an entire nation is willing them to overcome Colombia tomorrow and win through to Sunday’s final."

As an African, I find it shameful and uncomfortable that so much of our "achievements" in football is based on fraud, not ability and hardwork in the face of adversity we want to allude to.

I find it even more shameful that there are some Africans that will vehemently defend the fraud without any conscience in their veins.

I have no problem with those that say, "I guess they are cheats but I still de facto support them because they wear the colours and FIFA is not stopping them". They are allowed their stance.

I lack respect for those that sit their arse and try and deny that cheating is taking place and bring lame excuses of why they are not cheating. They exhibit the typical mentality of the average Nigerian that will not stand firm on the side of RIGHT but only what is in it for them. A mentality that is ruining Nigeria.

It is one thing for one individual to do wrong to escape a dreadful life, it is a completely different context with different consequences for a SOVEREIGN NATION to engage repeatly in unbrindled, clear-to-see and large-scale FRAUD to attain glory! Basically the nation is teaching its people what the nation represents and high level thinking will tell you that, at a microscopic level, a lot of the people will imitate the nation's stance in their daily activities.
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by larimo(m): 4:06pm On Jul 28, 2010
Sagamite:

What "fact" do you have that Okoro is not U-17?

larimo:

@ Sagamite,

Still, don't just look at faces and conclude by guessing their ages.
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by Sagamite(m): 5:22pm On Jul 28, 2010
^^^^Bruv, those facts are not much different from my facts that the Falconets are not the age they claim.

You applied logic from the sight in front of you by comparing features he has to what a youth should have that exist in other nations' team and what you percieve as reliable hearsay.

I applied logic based on the sight in front of me by comparing features the falconets have to what those in their youth should have that exist in other nations' team and considering a known national, embedded culture of such fraud.

Some defenders of fraud on NL will tell you that is not fact and you need to produce documents from medical practitioners or the players original birth cert before they can accept your accusation is valid.

At the end of the day, it is clear as the finest beaches in the Pacific ocean that Nigeria are age cheats in football competitions except we want to insert logs in our own eyes and engage in orgazmic self-deceit.
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by Sagamite(m): 5:35pm On Jul 28, 2010
^^^ This is how girls in their teens look. You can clearly see the youthful features.

See min 3.43

[flash=400,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ub46BwrKOhU&feature=related[/flash]

Not like this. These are old women. They are the apotheosis of grand cheating in age-grade football competitions.

And when you see them juxtapose next to real youth, the fraud is as clear as NIGHT and DAY!

Watch the highlights here from 12s to 20s when they showed the Naija players and then the US/England girls and see the difference:

http://www.fifa.com/u20womensworldcup/highlights/video/video=1277684/index.html

http://www.fifa.com/u20womensworldcup/highlights/video/video=1273908/index.html
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by Sagamite(m): 6:41pm On Jul 28, 2010
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by Liedetect: 6:53pm On Jul 28, 2010

Sick nation just because they beat Ghana, huh?
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by Liedetect: 7:02pm On Jul 28, 2010
[img]http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/103045852.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892102A727B1636DE2E605F242A1348F8AC52D198E827FB0D6189CF6857D15222B56

[/img]

Actually some of your Ghana girls look much older than the Nigerian ones, but yet i  have not let bitterness blind me from accepting that they are the age they say they are until proven otherwise by facts.

Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by mamagee3(f): 7:07pm On Jul 28, 2010
How did Ghanian girls get into this issue.

Sometimes users here are weird.
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by Sagamite(m): 7:07pm On Jul 28, 2010
Apart from the goal keeper and probably No 5, most look youthful enough.

http://www.fifa.com/u20womensworldcup/teams/team=1915242/photolist.html#1275233

And there is poverty in Ghana too o.
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by Liedetect: 7:15pm On Jul 28, 2010
Number 5 is just a big ajebutter baby no 6 looks older, at least in the picture. Number 8 and 11 look like they should be in primary school
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by mamagee3(f): 7:53pm On Jul 28, 2010
Now Nigeria would be playing against Colombia tomorrow.

We'll see how that goes.
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by naijadoll1: 7:57pm On Jul 28, 2010
what men culdn't do well, women did better, abi?
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by Sagamite(m): 8:29pm On Jul 28, 2010
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by mamagee3(f): 10:13pm On Jul 28, 2010
^^That woman would make a good model not a footballer.

Anyways, they are out of the world cup. tongue
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by Pharoh: 10:24pm On Jul 28, 2010
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by semid4lyfe(m): 10:36am On Jul 29, 2010
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by Sagamite(m): 10:55am On Jul 29, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Aristo oshi  grin grin grin grin

She would love my pot-belly.

I will bless her with money from contracts or govt coffers. Buy her a Pathfinder and handset.   tongue grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jul 29, 2010
If na 4 9ja, this kinda girl wld be an actress, coz u can hardly see a beautiful 9ja girl playing football.
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by adewole123: 12:24pm On Jul 29, 2010
yes! i think it is ok for them
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by Ruq: 3:30pm On Jul 29, 2010
Mennnnnn!!!!!!!! these Ghanian Girls worst abeg!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by Sagamite(m): 3:40pm On Jul 29, 2010
Ruq:

Mennnnnn!!!!!!!! these Ghanian Girls worst abeg!!!

How are they worse?
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by Tatase(f): 6:48pm On Jul 29, 2010
alekside:

If na 4 9ja, this kinda girl wld be an actress, coz u can hardly see a beautiful 9ja girl playing football.

Our no. 9 is fine. And no. 10 is also not bad.
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by mamagee3(f): 7:22pm On Jul 29, 2010
Sagamite:

For the doubting Thomases:

If you look hard enough and drop every ounce of objectivity in your brain and replace with so-called patriotism, then you can really convince yourself he looks 16.
*Death*

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by johnie: 8:51am On Aug 02, 2010
I have no doubt in my mind that any of the German girls in their U20 team is actually less that 20 years of age.

If that same team had been a Nigerian team, a number of Nigerians would cry wolf- insinuating that the players are actually older than 20.

In particular, they would point to players such as the tournament's highest goal scorer, Alexandra Popp and the goalkeeper, Almuth Schult both of whom look older than 20 because of their rugged looks.

I clearly heard the commentator of yesterday's match say that most of the German girls are presently university undergraduates. What do you expect a university undergraduate to look like?

I have heard a number of people insinuate that our own players are older than 20.  When going for a competition of this nature, you choose girls based on their skills and toughness. This is not a game for weaklings.  It is not a beauty contest.

Popp is currently a member of the German full national team. If she had been a Nigerian, that would have been another source of wahala

I have attached pictures of Popp here so we can see what a 19 year old german girl looks like. Take a good look at picture 2

Take a look at nos 1,6,19,11,20 of the german team. They are all under 20 years of age yet they look more mature than that!

Re: Nigeria Vs USA: 4 - 2! @ Women's U-20 World Cup by johnie: 9:06am On Aug 02, 2010
Here's Popp in the secnior national team wearing jersey no 11.

Does she look younger than the other members of the team who are older than 20?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Slovakia: Cyprus Women Cup - 4 - 3 (Full Time) / Ronaldo: We are Man United and we never give up! / Lewandowski Makes Champions League History With 23-Minute Hat-Trick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.