Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,241 members, 7,943,465 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 04:10 PM

Nigeria Seeks End To Middle East Crisis - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Seeks End To Middle East Crisis (3807 Views)

Nigeria Seeks Secret Trial For Nnamdi Kanu. / Nigeria Seeks $3Billion Loan From China / Patience Seeks End To Teenage Pregnancies In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Seeks End To Middle East Crisis by canuck(m): 8:12am On Jul 25, 2010
Radiant:

Wetin konsine fish and raincoat

Every country represented at that UN meeting will mutter those words in their various languages cheesy
Re: Nigeria Seeks End To Middle East Crisis by Okijajuju1(m): 9:03am On Jul 25, 2010
Nothing do her jor!!

Instead of seeking peace in the Niger delta, Jos and the security situation in Nigeria and removing Nigeria from the international terrorist watchlist, she dey seek peace for Isreal.

I love my country. Our house dey burn, we busy dey wan solve anoda man wahala.
Re: Nigeria Seeks End To Middle East Crisis by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jul 25, 2010
nigeria goverment, always confuse grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Seeks End To Middle East Crisis by kobikwelu(m): 12:37pm On Jul 26, 2010
this topic is really misleading,

the woman is just doing her job,

i was tempted to "yab" the woman and also add nigeria join am, but i noticed that she has a track record in such special commitees, and she is ably qualified.

if she was not a  nigerian, would we be here

as sum1 said, blame your local politicians, not technocrats that actually mean Good for this nation
Re: Nigeria Seeks End To Middle East Crisis by Chongaiman: 2:56pm On Jul 26, 2010
This is one of the funniest threads on NL. I move that it should be moved to the jokes section. The topic was enough for me so, I jumped straight to the replies. Posters like invisible! and Aigbofa wan kill me with laf! Truly, it's like 'Ajayi' is a weakness of our national character and the cases abound: restoring democracy to Sierra Leone while being under a dictatorship; 'Ghana must go' saga while fighting against apartheid; internationally acclaimed for contributions to global peacekeeping while faced with Niger Delta and many contentious issues; bidding to host WC 2010 while having no corresponding facilities etc etc!
Re: Nigeria Seeks End To Middle East Crisis by kobikwelu(m): 4:09pm On Jul 26, 2010
^^^^^^^

two days from now, re-read your post and tell mi if you make sense
Re: Nigeria Seeks End To Middle East Crisis by Beaf: 4:29pm On Jul 26, 2010
[size=14pt]Nigeria is the current chair of the United Nations (UN) Security Council.[/size]
So the UN Security Council hold a debate and folk here expect that, rather than discuss international affairs, Nigeria as chairman, should lead the UN Security Council on discussions about NEPA and the price of garri? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Bloody ridiculous!

90% of the posts here are downright embarrassing to the average Nigerians intelligence and grasp of international protocol.

Shame.
Re: Nigeria Seeks End To Middle East Crisis by Chongaiman: 4:51pm On Jul 26, 2010
She could as well make a case for security in Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Seeks End To Middle East Crisis by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jul 26, 2010
Aigbofa:

You all got it wrong!! She's doing this, so that when ibos finally return to Israel, they can live in peace and not be used as human shield against palestinian missiles!
LWKMD. . . Oloshi ni iwo boy sha.i will recommend you for ban asap.120
Re: Nigeria Seeks End To Middle East Crisis by Beaf: 5:07pm On Jul 26, 2010
Chongaiman:

She could as well make a case for security in Nigeria.

Damn! It just gets worse! The amount of ignorance expressed by some NLer's is bloody shocking!
How do you understand the process of setting up the UN Security Councils agenda?
International security matters do not include the price of garri or whatever else you dream up.

Under the Charter, the functions and powers of the Security Council are:

to maintain international peace and security in accordance with the principles and purposes of the United Nations;
to investigate any dispute or situation which mightlead to international friction;
to recommend methods of adjusting such disputes or the terms of settlement;
to formulate plans for the establishment of a system to regulate armaments;
to determine the existence of a threat to the peace or act of aggression and to recommend what action should be taken;
to call on Members to apply economic sanctions and other measures not involving the use of force to prevent or stop aggression;
to take military action against an aggressor;
to recommend the admission of new Members;
to exercise the trusteeship functions of the United Nations in "strategic areas";
to recommend to the GeneralAssembly the appointment of the Secretary-General and, together with the Assembly, to elect the Judges of the International Court of Justice

http://www.un.org/Docs/sc/unsc_functions.html
Re: Nigeria Seeks End To Middle East Crisis by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 26, 2010
Beaf:

Damn! It just gets worse! The amount of ignorance expressed by some NLer's is bloody shocking!
How do you understand the process of setting up the UN Security Councils agenda?
International security matters do not include the price of garri or whatever else you dream up.

how is nigeria going to benefit directly or indirectly from the one-month thing since we don't have crisis that have effect on international peace ? In your english, jos crisis is nothing to worry about abi ?
Re: Nigeria Seeks End To Middle East Crisis by MyJoe: 6:02pm On Jul 26, 2010
Nigeria is a sovereign state with a functional Foreign Affairs Ministry. The duty of that ministry includes diplomacy. Diplomacy includes resolving problems in other lands. It is not the duty of Nigeria's ambassador at the UN to go to Jos or the Niger Delta to resolve problems - there are ministries in charge of those. The ambassador is doing her work. Added to the fact that peace in the Middle East is a much desire goal because of our common humanity, there is also the issue of global relevance. I am as saddened about the state of Nigeria as most contributors here and believe our governments have relentlessly failed us. But we cannot keep on hold what we can do just because of our failures. Yes, international peace is our responsibility. Let Mrs Ogwu seek peace in the Middle East.

Everyone has problems and should naturally pay the utmost attention to his own problems before attending to others. But you do not resolve all your problems before listening to others. That is how it is in our everyday dealings. That is how it is in international relations. I have read articles written  by angry people in the US and other Western nations demanding that their governments stop giving aid to Third World countries like Nigeria and co. The arguments are premised on the point that their countries also have problems - national debts and all.
Re: Nigeria Seeks End To Middle East Crisis by CGKing(m): 6:05pm On Jul 26, 2010
First seek ye the end of the electrical crisis before seeking the end of the middle east crisis. The US and the West never fit solve the thing for years, u come chuk head inside.

You can only lift one higher when you are urself on a high level. Imagine hungry man wey never chop to weeks  dey promise another hungry man food.
Re: Nigeria Seeks End To Middle East Crisis by Chongaiman: 6:08pm On Jul 26, 2010
Beaf:

Some NLers are so intelligent that  they are ignorant of what is meant to be sarcasm. Simply put, we are tired of image projection abroad. Modesty is for those who are alive. Hope you get the message this time.
Re: Nigeria Seeks End To Middle East Crisis by agathamari(f): 6:17pm On Jul 26, 2010
a country who cant control its own infighting is talking about ending a religious war that has been going on for over a thousand years. what a joke
Re: Nigeria Seeks End To Middle East Crisis by CGKing(m): 6:19pm On Jul 26, 2010
Beaf:

[size=14pt]Nigeria is the current chair of the United Nations (UN) Security Council.[/size]
So the UN Security Council hold a debate and folk here expect that, rather than discuss international affairs, Nigeria as chairman, should lead the UN Security Council on discussions about NEPA and the price of garri? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Bloody ridiculous!

90% of the posts here are downright embarrassing to the average Nigerians intelligence and grasp of international protocol.

Shame.

Beaf, I no beaf you o, but the thing just doesnt make sense. So we just talk these days without reason. So anyone given the position in the council must recite the desire to end ME crisis. How can a nation with so many problems and crisis here and there seek the end of other regional crisis?  Person never bele full him wan organise gredge for another man.
Re: Nigeria Seeks End To Middle East Crisis by Chongaiman: 6:25pm On Jul 26, 2010
^^^^^^^^^
That's the idea. The hypocrite who is looking at the speck in his neighbour's eye while having a beam in his eye. Anyway, it is common knowledge that those who live in the presidential villa are so comfortable that they are out of touch with reality. UN ke?
Re: Nigeria Seeks End To Middle East Crisis by MyJoe: 6:28pm On Jul 26, 2010
CGKing:

Person never bele full him wan organise gredge for another man.
grin grin grin
But what if there are five of you in the house and one of you is busy cooking and then a neighbour shows up asking you to help extract a straw that got stuck in his ear? Would your not having gredged be a valid reason to turn him down? wink
Re: Nigeria Seeks End To Middle East Crisis by Chongaiman: 6:54pm On Jul 26, 2010
[/quote]
kobikwelu:

^^^^^^^

two days from now, re-read your post and tell mi if you make sense

Which part of the post is difficult to understand? I wasn't even speaking in parables. A good student of Nigeria's recent history will get the message at a glance.

[quote author=MyJoe link=topic=484630.msg6452474#msg6452474 date=1280165326]
grin grin grin
But what if there are five of you in the house and one of you is busy cooking and then a neighbour shows up asking you to help extract a straw that got stuck in his ear? Would your not having gredged be a valid reason to turn him down? wink

This is understandable because e no be gredge matter again. Maybe like the ICC asking for one criminal ex-president who is hiding in your country. The request should be quickly obliged.
Re: Nigeria Seeks End To Middle East Crisis by Beaf: 7:02pm On Jul 26, 2010
Chongaiman:

Some NLers are so intelligent that they are ignorant of what is meant to be sarcasm. Simply put, we are tired of image projection abroad. Modesty is for those who are alive. Hope you get the message this time.

You must be even dafter than you write.
Nigeria holds the chairmanship of the United Nations Security Council and you expect they should change the UN agenda to discuss Nigerian issues. How hoplessly foolish can one get?
Re: Nigeria Seeks End To Middle East Crisis by Chongaiman: 7:13pm On Jul 26, 2010
Beaf:

You must be even dafter than you write.
Nigeria holds the chairmanship of the United Nations Security Council and you expect they should change the UN agenda to discuss Nigerian issues. How hoplessly foolish can one get?

Pardon me sir; We are not the first to hold this ceremonial position which carries no weight. How delusional can one get? What does that add to our national prestige?
Re: Nigeria Seeks End To Middle East Crisis by CGKing(m): 9:37pm On Jul 26, 2010
MyJoe:

grin grin grin

Trying to feed and extracting straw are two different things. What if you had straw in ur own ear and you havent been able to remove it, how would u know how to remove the one in ur neighbours ear? However, there are some who have been able to extract straw from their own ear, these ones have tried to extract the straw from the ears of two others in the middle east for years and have failed. Now guy A who hasnt been able to remove his comes with concern in his heart, seeking to help guy B that the experienced hasvent been able to help.

Cant we be rational for once? Did we have to accept the responsibility? Im just asking. We havent done the basics on the local level at home and we want to carry the wight of the world . I just wonder what this honourable calling will do for our nation.
Re: Nigeria Seeks End To Middle East Crisis by CGKing(m): 10:35pm On Jul 26, 2010
MyJoe:

Nigeria is a sovereign state with a functional Foreign Affairs Ministry. The duty of that ministry includes diplomacy. Diplomacy includes resolving problems in other lands. It is not the duty of Nigeria's ambassador at the UN to go to Jos or the Niger Delta to resolve problems - there are ministries in charge of those. The ambassador is doing her work. Added to the fact that peace in the Middle East is a much desire goal because of our common humanity, there is also the issue of global relevance. I am as saddened about the state of Nigeria as most contributors here and believe our governments have relentlessly failed us. But we cannot keep on hold what we can do just because of our failures. Yes, international peace is our responsibility. Let Mrs Ogwu seek peace in the Middle East.

Everyone has problems and should naturally pay the utmost attention to his own problems before attending to others. But you do not resolve all your problems before listening to others. That is how it is in our everyday dealings. That is how it is in international relations. I have read articles written by angry people in the US and other Western nations demanding that their governments stop giving aid to Third World countries like Nigeria and co. The arguments are premised on the point that their countries also have problems - national debts and all.

True yet i still feel our case may b alil different. If there were something, just one thing we have been able to achieve then we can talem, no accountability, not even electricity, seeing how too important it is for any nation. Its not that we cant achieve these things thats what makes it so annoying. Now the same ppl who have messed up things are the same ones seeking well for others. This is Naija, be her in the security council or not, making her intentions public without having clue as to the first step to take.
Re: Nigeria Seeks End To Middle East Crisis by Beaf: 11:16pm On Jul 26, 2010
Chongaiman:

Pardon me sir; We are not the first to hold this ceremonial position which carries no weight. How delusional can one get? What does that add to our national prestige?

Oh! You now realise it is a ceremonial post? Wonders! shocked
So why, in your foolishness have you assumed that Nigeria can change the UN Security Council agenda to include the price of gbegiri and other assorted stupidities?
Your position is incredibly daft, but strangely, like the village !diot, you can't see it.

Go and carry placards at UN headquarters in New York, because they aren't discussing yam's and NEPA. Olodo! Mumu!
Re: Nigeria Seeks End To Middle East Crisis by debosky(m): 11:18pm On Jul 26, 2010
grin grin grin

Beaf you need to repent. . . .spitting fire like this must be a free ticket to hell. grin
Re: Nigeria Seeks End To Middle East Crisis by Becomrich0: 11:20pm On Jul 26, 2010
nigeria is not qualified to talk about middle east crisis when the crisis in nigeria, we have problem/

Jonathan is not talking in nigeria what is our business with other country.

Re: Nigeria Seeks End To Middle East Crisis by debosky(m): 11:21pm On Jul 26, 2010
What do these maps have to do with the UN again?

Where are the moderators? cheesy
Re: Nigeria Seeks End To Middle East Crisis by Beaf: 11:21pm On Jul 26, 2010
debosky:

grin grin grin

Beaf you need to repent. . . .spitting fire like this must be a free ticket to hell. grin

Bros, debosky, but you will be there too! grin
Can you imagine what people are saying here? Its mind boggling.
Re: Nigeria Seeks End To Middle East Crisis by debosky(m): 11:22pm On Jul 26, 2010
Beaf:

Bros, debosky, but you will be there too! grin
Can you imagine what people are saying here? Its mind boggling.

Nah bro, I have repented. cheesy

I just read in silence these days, I shall not commit sins over nairaland madness. grin
Re: Nigeria Seeks End To Middle East Crisis by dayokanu(m): 11:22pm On Jul 26, 2010
Beaf Be careful yourself o. This is cyber bullying,

I would report you to Becomrich and we would have another thread up.

Beaf": You are a militant and the Yorubas want to join Bnin republic, You are threatening people. Nairaland is owned by Ibo, Seun is a puppet
Re: Nigeria Seeks End To Middle East Crisis by vescucci(m): 12:57am On Jul 27, 2010
It's a nice gesture (and I hope more about the middle east than Nigeria) but no one can stop the crises in the middle east but the middle east. Crazy lot that they are.
Re: Nigeria Seeks End To Middle East Crisis by Analissa(f): 1:05am On Jul 27, 2010
Everyone needs to chill and realise that her job is to talk about foreign affairs. The fact that nigeria has internal issues that need to be resolved really isn't her problem. And you need to realise that whether she does her job or not nigeria will still have these problems so lay off her.

However nigeria should be careful where she sticks her mouth. If suicide bombers come to Nigeria for whatever reason it won't be funny.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EFCC Arraigns Lagos Speaker Ikuforiji On 20 Count Charge Of Money Laundering / Expect 3hrs Fast Train Ride From Lagos To Abuja Soon - Minister / Pictures Of North East Towns Before And After Jonathan Met It!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.