Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,636 members, 7,972,361 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 09:49 AM

Nigeria Seeks End To Middle East Crisis - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Seeks End To Middle East Crisis (3819 Views)

Nigeria Seeks Secret Trial For Nnamdi Kanu. / Nigeria Seeks $3Billion Loan From China / Patience Seeks End To Teenage Pregnancies In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Seeks End To Middle East Crisis by Chongaiman: 8:02am On Jul 27, 2010
Beaf:

Oh! You now realise it is a ceremonial post? Wonders! shocked
So why, in your foolishness have you assumed that Nigeria can change the UN Security Council agenda to include the price of gbegiri and other assorted stupidities?
Your position is incredibly daft, but strangely, like the village !diot, you can't see it.

Go and carry placards at UN headquarters in New York, because they aren't discussing yam's and NEPA. Olodo! Mumu!

I am not just realising it now - the fact has been the basis of my posts. The ME crisis started way before 9ja got her independence. The point is simple. It is ludicrous for someone whose house is on fire to speak about quenching the fire in somebody's house. It feels good being in the spotlight. In our own case it is self-deceit. What makes you think the UNSC's agenda does not include crises within countries? No one is a depository of knowledge. Certainly not those with vanity and quick tempers. NL is a forum. Everyone's free to state his/her opinion. The day all opinions merge, it would be the beginning of the demise of the forum. One more thing: the price of gbegiri is not a security issue!
Re: Nigeria Seeks End To Middle East Crisis by CGKing(m): 10:29am On Jul 27, 2010
Becomrich0:

nigeria is not qualified to talk about middle east crisis when the crisis in nigeria, we have problem/

Jonathan is not talking in nigeria what is our business with other country.

Thank you!

But heey becomerich, where have u been man?
Re: Nigeria Seeks End To Middle East Crisis by MyJoe: 11:50am On Jul 27, 2010
CGKing:

Trying to feed and extracting straw are two different things. What if you had straw in your own ear and you havent been able to remove it, how would u know how to remove the one in your neighbours ear? However, there are some who have been able to extract straw from their own ear, these ones have tried to extract the straw from the ears of two others in the middle east for years and have failed. Now guy A who hasnt been able to remove his comes with concern in his heart, seeking to help guy B that the experienced hasvent been able to help.

Cant we be rational for once? Did we have to accept the responsibility? Im just asking. We havent done the basics on the local level at home and we want to carry the wight of the world . I just wonder what this honourable calling will do for our nation.

Your argument would be valid if you can show that Mrs Ogwu's involvement in the Middle East is impacting on anything here in anyway. Your argument would be valid if:

- Jonathan has travalled to the Gaza to attend to matters there
- Our VP is shuttling between Cairo and Tel Aviv
- The National Assembly is discussing Middle East instead of Jos
- Resources meant to solve Jos and Niger Delta and NEPA are being diverted to the Middle East

Our UN ambassador's job is take on international peace, not Jos, Niger Delta, NEPA or the price of garri. Ibrahim Gambari has been doing diplomatic shuttles for ages. So did Emeka Anyaoku. People are only talking here because someone opened a thread.

My point is: if what is being discussed at a talk shop called UN is costing us resources, there would be an issue to debate here - not that that would on its own be wrong. Next time ask the government to withdraw our ambassador from the UN and spend the money meant for the mission on Jos or something. At least your analogies would then valid But since we are not losing anything to this particular project, this is a non-issue and one is baffled at the responses in this thread.
Re: Nigeria Seeks End To Middle East Crisis by Chongaiman: 12:09pm On Jul 27, 2010
^^^^
If I get you right, since talk is cheap we should just keep on saying the right stuff?
Re: Nigeria Seeks End To Middle East Crisis by MyJoe: 12:13pm On Jul 27, 2010
Chongaiman:

^^^^
If I get you right, since talk is cheap we should just keep on saying the right stuff?
No, you don't get me right. Have a nice day.
Re: Nigeria Seeks End To Middle East Crisis by vinmol: 11:27am On Jul 28, 2010
@ beaf you are not fit to be in this blog if u cant discuss inteligently without being insultive

wat's your problem! everybody has a right to air their opinion must they swallow yours?

your are the mumu and olodo, ! HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Re: Nigeria Seeks End To Middle East Crisis by CGKing(m): 12:19pm On Jul 28, 2010
yeah, it beginning to look like that beaf id aint a joke anymore, its beginning to look like a curse. Beaf, are u yoruba? seriously?!
Re: Nigeria Seeks End To Middle East Crisis by CGKing(m): 10:40pm On Jul 28, 2010
well, just dont know y this title makes me laugh. Maybe they shoulda stuck to the ususal UNSC seeks end to the middle east crisis. I keep imagining funny images.
Re: Nigeria Seeks End To Middle East Crisis by Pafuri(m): 5:17pm On Aug 01, 2010
And the Niger Delta crisis has been resolved, abi?
Re: Nigeria Seeks End To Middle East Crisis by LagosBoi2(m): 1:01pm On Nov 16, 2010
It is her job to do what she is doing. It is not her job to come and take care of your various local problems we have in naija.

The truth is that if she says this from now till eternity, there will never be changes in a situation where U.S Strongly backs Israel in demolishing Palestinian homes and building new ones meanwhile Obama claims he will resolve the crisis yet the Israeli's keep building more homes on Palestinian lands, But whenever Hamas strikes with rockets they are quick to react calling it a "terrorist act". I call it a Bullshit process. I advice Almadinijad to step up his game and collaborate with Osama to save their Palestinian brothers from slavery in the hands on the so called Israel, U.S and U.N in general.
Re: Nigeria Seeks End To Middle East Crisis by olaolabiy: 9:56pm On Nov 16, 2010
Nairaland dey funnyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Seeks End To Middle East Crisis by Nobody: 2:09am On Nov 17, 2010
Beaf said:

Nigeria is the current chair of the United Nations (UN) Security Council.
So the UN Security Council hold a debate and folk here expect that, rather than discuss international affairs, Nigeria as chairman, should lead the UN Security Council on discussions about NEPA and the price of garri?

Bloody ridiculous!

90% of the posts here are downright embarrassing to the average Nigerians intelligence and grasp of international protocol.

Shame.

You've said it all my friend. Sometimes I wonder at the level of education of many posters here.

The very basics of international geopolitics and protocol seem utterly lost on them.
Re: Nigeria Seeks End To Middle East Crisis by Nobody: 2:30am On Nov 17, 2010
Why the Middle East is the SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT POLITICAL ISSUE facing MANKIND:

Israel is a nuclear power, backed by the US and its alles.

The Palestinians are the oppressed backed by a nuclearizing Iran (and by extension, Russia, and likely, China).

Every person with an IQ above 2 KNOWS that if this quarrel is treated with kid gloves, it WILL lead to GLOBAL CATASTROPHE by way of NUCLEAR CONFLICT between those two agglomerations.

THAT is the reason why EVERY delegate from whatever corner of the world who finds his way up to the UN podium, DOES HIS DARNDEST to get the two sides in the MIDDLE EAST to TALK.

Because the cold, simple fact of the matter is that, none of the Niger Delta problems, NEPA problems, the price of Garri, or the price of Rice, or the state of our roads, NONE OF THAT WILL MATTER A SINGLE, SOLITARY JOT, if the MIDDLE EAST CRISIS IS ALLOWED TO ESCALATE TO UNPRECEDENTED LEVELS.

Maybe you want to be enjoying your constant light, first class roads, and El Dorado, ''briefly interrupted'' by GLOBAL NUCLEAR CATACLYSM.

Thoughtless goats.  cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Islamization Of Nigeria / Breaking!!! Obasanjo Clears Air On Ptf,absolves Buhari Of Corruption!!!! / Reno Omokri Given Multiple Upper Cuts While Dissing Kemi Adeosun. (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.