Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,737 members, 7,875,849 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:15 PM

When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! (12424 Views)

He Has Been After Her For 4 Years.......She's More Educated, Older And Richer / Her Ex Is Finer And Richer Than I Am..please Help!!! / I Impregnated Our Maid Because My Banker Wife Was Never Around. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by blank(f): 7:52pm On Jul 27, 2010
Wow. God should forgive Gloria!
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by Akinagirl(f): 8:43pm On Jul 27, 2010
hey continue !
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by ccollins(m): 6:57am On Jul 28, 2010
I think some fictions were added.hw come u know their private life much like this as a junior brother.also fiction helps us vitualise

1 Like

Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by Dahbutter(m): 7:25am On Jul 28, 2010
Of course some fiction should have been added otherwise u wont get a story! This stuff is true to life, "like true life stories duh!" i know a couple that have a very similar storyline but the location, jobs and a few other details are a bit off. The cars are even d same! Now all those Nairaland dominating witches who want 2 lord over their men are not commenting. Swifycool pls continue jare!
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by swiftycool(m): 9:14pm On Jul 28, 2010
Dark1:

Interesting read and good writing style, however, OP seems 2 know 2 much 2 be just an observer(junior brother of friend bla, bla, bla).

tongue tongue tongue

We ain' kids ya know! angry

Whatever, am just going into details of re enacting basic facts as someone earlier asked for, this story could as well have been written in five sentences anyways, i guess peeps cant always be pleased  undecided

Dahbutter:

Of course some fiction should have been added otherwise u wont get a story! This stuff is true to life, "like true life stories duh!" i know a couple that have a very similar storyline but the location, jobs and a few other details are a bit off. The cars are even d same! Now all those Nairaland dominating witches who want 2 lord over their men are not commenting. Swifycool pls continue jare! 

Thanx man u sabi my way, they are not your peeps o i beg and by the way the name is swif[b]T[/b]ycool  wink

Thanx to everyone following I know youve been waiting for me to post but like yall am also bizi. But am back now lets go
story story,
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by swiftycool(m): 9:17pm On Jul 28, 2010
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by swiftycool(m): 9:29pm On Jul 28, 2010
Tonye got the money and had to order the part from the original dealer abroad. He made a note to help him remember to pay Gloria back as soon as he was able, he was a principled man. As he drove home from work in the rover one evening when the traffic seemed to be forgiving, he spotted a familiar face getting out of a car parked in front of some rows of shops.  It was a short guy, his head was clean shaved and he wore a pair of sunshades at night for that matter, there was no doubt about it, it was Collins. Collins had been one of his crazy flatmates in his former shanty flat. He moved to park his car just a few metres from him, got out and called Collie! Collins turned around and when he recognised him excitedly shouted Tonyeeero!

It had been two years and some, he was looking good. He leaned on his car and took off the specs. The guys hugged themselves and started chatting. Collins was blown away by Tonye’s new level and class, he had heard about his great job in the oil industry and knew he lived in a tasteful mansion in a high class area not to mention his 2005 Range rover sport which rubbished his tokunbo 1995 Nissan primera. But little did he know what this rich man was going through.

A lady carrying two bags approached them after locking up one of the shops in the row. She was pregnant yet still looked so cute and bubbly, Collins excused himself and went to help her with the bags before planting a kiss on her cheek, she smiled shyly as he helped her to the car. He excitedly introduced his wife to Tonye.  They chatted some more for a while, exchanged contacts and parted. Collins had been dressed casually in very simple clothes; smelt of cheap perfume, his wife didn’t dress any better either, he drove a cheap car gotten from Cotonou and lived in a modest two bedroom flat in the outskirts of town. He had come to pick his wife up from her shop after closing from his work at a small advertising firm. They appeared very far below his class now, however Tonye thought to himself he would gladly give everything away to be in Collins place; to experience the true joy, happiness and love that radiated from them despite their social class and economic situation.

The weekend passed over peacefully without any major argument, apart from the fact that he had to watch his favourite football team’s match on his laptop with the poor internet signal while his wife dominated the cable television, flipping channels as if to intentionally annoy him. Monday came and it was one of those rainy and muddy mornings, “Baba Kay” her driver, had called to tell Gloria about a big flood along the route to work which was trapping other small cars and killing engines; she told him not to bother picking her up, she had decided to ride in the Range rover to work with Tonye as it could easily manoeuvre muddy terrain and through floods. They got in and drove off.

The traffic was very slow so, Tonye made a U turn and decided to take another route, longer and very muddy, but with less traffic hence would get them quicker to the high way. Gloria wasn’t bothered she was talking to someone on her phone. They got on the muddy road and went on, after about half a kilometre he passed by a lady with three kids in school uniforms trying to negotiate with the driver of a taxi. He noticed the taxi drive off without them from his rear view mirror; it was Mummy P the nurse. This lady had lived some blocks away from them in their estate previously, before her husband passed away. Tonye had given the husband lifts occasionally when he was alone in the car on his way to work. The lady looked very worried, her nurse uniform was getting soaked under the rain so were her kids whose sandals and socks were all muddied; they were clearly going to get late. His heart filled with compassion, he glanced at his wife momentarily asking: please let’s help these people; she just waved her hand in a gesture indicating “whatever”. He pushed the brakes and quickly reversed the car; Gloria’s eyes looked surprised turning at him though she was still on her mobile phone. The car reversed to where the family was and stopped. Tonye beckoned on them to come in. Gloria’s facial expression changed from surprise to anger and disgust, her eyes fixed on Tonye, who intentionally avoided them and focused it on the people getting into his car. They greeted both of them, while Tonye smiled and gave a warm reply, Gloria replied with a straight face and barely audible hmm, they drove off.

At the drop off, Mummy P and her kids were very grateful and thanked them profusely, Tonye was all smiles but Gloria couldn’t have cared less, she had a face of one planning revenge. You can’t imagine how muddy and wet the back seat had become, coupled with the fact that he was now running late for work. He didn’t seem to give a damn, the little good he did and the faces he just saw made him feel very appreciated by someone after a very long time, it was worth it,……………,  or so he thought.
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by swiftycool(m): 9:30pm On Jul 28, 2010
wink
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by swiftycool(m): 9:30pm On Jul 28, 2010
;d
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by metalgong5(m): 10:11pm On Jul 28, 2010
^^^^^
Swiftycool you are the master story teller . . . . keep it up.
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by Bim4u: 10:22pm On Jul 28, 2010
Ha ha oga,complete this story now,
this suspense is captivating
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by swiftycool(m): 10:28pm On Jul 28, 2010
Bim4u:

Ha ha oga,complete this story now,
this suspense is captivating
lol! i feel your pain sweetheart but haven't u heard of pre-intimacy?. just keep tunning in to storyland it will end one day wink
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by deoyel25(m): 10:38pm On Jul 28, 2010
Its as if I am watching this story on a 3d screen with my 3d glasses. @Swift baba cool, I'm in your story. Keep up the good works.

All some people know in the romance section is Sex! Sex!! Sex!!! Habba! Sex na food? Lol.
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by double08(m): 10:43pm On Jul 28, 2010
deoyel25:

Its as if I am watching this story on a 3d screen with my 3d glasses. @Swift baba cool, I'm in your story. Keep up the good works.

All some people know in the romance section is Sex! Sex!! Sex!!! Habba! Sex na food? Lol.

read my mind there,

@swifty the suspense is getting too much,too much of everything is bad jor
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by omomakun: 11:02pm On Jul 28, 2010
Omo forget o! this story is SWEEEEETTTT! Give us more Abeg!
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by Faher(m): 12:47am On Jul 29, 2010
As sweet as this story is, Gloria is only getting worse.
I can only see an anticlimax ending for this
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by derolly(m): 5:38am On Jul 29, 2010
deoyel25:

i just tire for folks wey their  brain they obsessed with sexual organs.

@ poster
mahn u re the best keep it coming,stop this your suspense strategy u go give me high B.P ohh!!
kai walai i luff this story well well.
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by Akinagirl(f): 6:05am On Jul 29, 2010
hey swifty you are good, keep it coming! smiley
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by swiftycool(m): 6:28am On Jul 29, 2010
Tonye got to work late as expected; he dropped off his wife at the carport entrance to her office block where she angrily strutted off- he couldn’t care less and hurriedly raced to look for a parking space at the general lot. He was in high spirits today because of the morning’s event despite a warning sent to him by his boss for coming very late, he knew it must have been engineered by his wife…. He didn’t care.

There is one special thing about the ego in men that many women ignore and even a lot of men themselves have not come to fully realize, they have this instinct of an inner need to be the one who provides, protects and cares for their mate, their kids or vulnerable people around them, this manliness in them gives them a secret satisfaction. Men desire that someone looks up to them and always respect their territory however this gets broken if they have been “over mummied by their mums” or as in this case over- disrespected and stripped of their glory by their partners: as a result cuddling, petting and playing tend to reduce or out rightly cease, when or if those things ever occur it is done as a job or duty rather than from true emotions or desires.on the other hand in the case of the "over mummied", they tend to always be the ones in need of care and petting by their mates, which a woman can only cope with for some time before she starts to desire a dominant one. just for your information

He had a flash back of when he felt like a real man, when he was in charge, when he calmed her fears, protected her, provided for her, taught her stuff and generally took care of her. He was much younger then, broke but in charge. These days his territory had been breached and like men of old, this secret instinct made him desire new territory where he would once again be the alfa male and every other thing looked up to him, in that world, he had to be in control especially financially. All kinds of thoughts were coming to his mind.
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by jaybee3(m): 6:50am On Jul 29, 2010
^^^
Is tonye being denied the nookie
Children might calm Gloria down
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by ccollins(m): 8:41am On Jul 29, 2010
U hear me.GLORIA is a fool
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by Nobody: 9:08am On Jul 29, 2010
I’m not surprised at the turn the story is taking!!!

This is what happens when a man allows a woman to ‘take care of him’. The world wasn’t created that way. We all know that he who pays the piper dictates the tune. That’s why God wanted the Men to be the bread winners so they can comfortably maintain their positions as the head of the family! undecided
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by madlady(f): 9:42am On Jul 29, 2010
ccollins:

U hear me.GLORIA is a fool

That is TRULY what she is.

Many WOMEN assist their husbands in times of need, if they have to be the breadwinner for a time, so be it.
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by KAYD007(m): 2:19pm On Jul 29, 2010
true talk jujujoan grin
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by KAYD007(m): 2:46pm On Jul 29, 2010
@ madlady
yes most women do tend to assit their hussy when he is in need but hardly those who re more educated and richer than the husband within d naija context except if she is a rare breed!
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by Pitamack(m): 3:29pm On Jul 29, 2010
Story,Story,Story, end of season 5,interlude, Close Up,Nigerian breweries Adverts, shocked, shocked,can we now Continue the on Season 6. smiley
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by CuteAngel(f): 3:48pm On Jul 29, 2010
Hmmmmmmn Ogloria lipsrsealed
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by topgirl: 4:15pm On Jul 29, 2010
PLACE YOUR ADVERTS HERE

time out

PLEASE CONTINUE YOUR HOME VIDEO
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by ireneann: 4:56pm On Jul 29, 2010
Children who can tell me the moral of the story
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by madlady(f): 5:50pm On Jul 29, 2010
KAYD007:

@ madlady
yes most women do tend to assit their hussy when he is in need but hardly those who re more educated and richer than the husband within d naija context except if she is a rare breed!

Well you would know that more than I, but, if the wife's educated to a higher level she would presumable be  in a better paying job undecided.

The point of being married is to share your life, that should include your finances.

What if the husband wanted to further his education, this would be to the benefit of the couple, would she not then take on the role of the breadwinner for some time. undecided

When the women needs to be at home to rare the children, the husband covers ALL the cost,  it's only fair that she steps up to the plate in times of need.
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by biolabee(m): 7:20pm On Jul 29, 2010
now Gloria has transcended from plain b*ch to superb*tch
I think there is now more in her vindiction against her husband and her active attempts to demean him and even not caring about the plight of the nurse.

is she barren or having an affair?
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by Jehu: 1:30am On Jul 30, 2010
Interesting story.
The guy though needs to get his acts together, and glo-madam needs to go sit with some under-privileged couples and learn some true life lessons.

All in all, I hope Tonye won't go extra-marital. He's been a gentleman, all along.

Pally, continue your gist, bo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"I May Be Ugly But I Confuse Men With My Big Assets" - Busty Lady Says. / Busty Nigerian Lady Leaves Men Drooling Over The Size Of Her Massive Breasts On / I'm Sick And Tired Of Cheating. Help A Brother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.