Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,724 members, 7,885,911 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 05:29 PM

Woman Kills Her Two Children For Being Autistic - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Woman Kills Her Two Children For Being Autistic (930 Views)

How Bishopmagic Kill Falana Career And Put An End To Tinubu's Autistic Plan / Children For Sale Heartbreakingly Easy To Find In Ravaged Nigeria-CNN / Landlady Kills Her Tenant Over N200 In Lagos(see Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Woman Kills Her Two Children For Being Autistic by yme1(f): 10:29pm On Jul 24, 2010
A Texas woman was jailed Monday after officers say she murdered her 3-year-old and 6-year-old children because they were autistic.

30-year-old Saiqa Akhter is charged with capital murder for the deaths of her two children that she strangled with antenna wire.

Irving police report that Akhter called 911 herself and told dispatchers that she tried to force her children to drink bathroom cleaner.

When they refused, she told dispatchers that she took nearby a wire and strangled them both.

When asked why she did it she reportedly said,

“Both are autistic. I don't want my kids to be like that. I want normal kids. I don't want my kids to be autistic. I kill both of them. They are died.”

Investigators say when they arrived on the scene the 3-year-old was blue and unresponsive and taken to a hospital where they later died.

The 6-year-old was pronounced dead on arrival.

When 911 operators asked her what she was feeling she replied, “Nothing.”

Child Protective Services had previously investigated Akhter in 2009 for an incident where she left one of her children unattended but the case was later dropped.

Re: Woman Kills Her Two Children For Being Autistic by wills(m): 1:36am On Jul 31, 2010
Sad cry sad cry story

NEED FOR AWARENESS

If this could happen in the USA, it leaves us to just wonder how many kids all over Nigeria get branded the wrong names or suffer untold hardship simply for being Autistic.

SUPPORT BLAZING HEARTS AUTISM CENTER,LETS GET THE WORD OUT

" there's professional help for Autistic kids in Nigeria".

Contact Info
Mobile Number: +234 8038852183
Address: 2,F.O.C, Close,Off Elenwo Street,G.R.A Phase 2.Port Harcourt, Nigeria
P.O.Box,93

(1) (Reply)

Medical Council Bars Uniben, Igbinedion Varsity Graduates From Association / House Of Reps Revisits Freedom Of Information (Foi) Bill / Jonathan Leads Poll With 53%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.