Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,831 members, 7,906,050 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 01:22 AM

Is It An Offence To Marry An Uneducated Guy? Pls Advice - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It An Offence To Marry An Uneducated Guy? Pls Advice (996 Views)

Pastor Says I Should Marry An Ifa Worshipper, Now I Am Regretting —wife / Can You Marry,or Allow Your Child To Marry An Uneducated Person. / If You Choose To Marry An Uneducated Woman, Send Her To School Or Die Early! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is It An Offence To Marry An Uneducated Guy? Pls Advice by Divab(f): 9:50pm On Jul 25, 2010
My fellow NL, I attended a graduation party of a nephew in a nursery & primary school owned by hard working woman who happens to be a good christian married to a Pastor yesterday. Unfortunately or fortunately I came a little bit early where they are still putting things together for the event.

Some icecream hawkers came around to sell their wares as was their customs or market where kids are gathered. I noticed that 3 of the teachers from that school, (guys) picked a fight with one of the ice cream hawkers because he failed to give them free ice creams that wld have bought his free ticket and right to sell in the school premises. (Dont know where that law is in Nigerian law) When the guy refused, they not only ordered him out of the premises, they beat him up thoroughly infront of few parents and the very children they are training to be better leaders.

What really prompted this write up is that the Director of the school who is also the Pastor and husband of the Proprietress joined in the fight and beat up the poor guy mercilessly. There was no regard for the parents and few visitors that has arrived.

it was disheartening to find out that the school was opened by the woman's family for the woman to make ends met when the Pastor's church folded up. This school is the only source of income in their family. The earnings from the school built the very house they are living in now and also their house in the village. The woman was in tears begging the husband to make peace so as not to spoil the events for her. The man was uncontrollable, shouting, cursing the poor hawker in front of their 3 hefty young sons and other children, I was really dissappointed that the so called director did not respect himself or even his In-laws, disgraced his wife, didnot respect the parents who pays for his miserable livelihood.

He has refused to get something doing to earn an income only relying on his wife to be giving him pocket money and other money to do family project. The poor woman is willing to do so and has been covering this man from her own family until this utter disgrace of manhood.

The man takes advices from Agboro, touts & uneducated friends who has been telling him to take over the school from his wife, Meanwhile, he did not see the four walls of a secondary school while the wife is a Bed holder in English.

She is confused on how to continue supporting a man who does not understand the responsibilities of a father & husband.#

Pls can matured married men inthis forum advice her sincerely how to tackle this problem as it is out of hand.
Re: Is It An Offence To Marry An Uneducated Guy? Pls Advice by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jul 25, 2010
so difficult
Re: Is It An Offence To Marry An Uneducated Guy? Pls Advice by luap: 6:26am On Jul 26, 2010
I think your saying an uneducated man lacks character?

I have to disagree. There are plenty of educated men in the world who have committed some of the most heinous crimes in the world. Many politicians and lawyers, finance directors etc etc.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerians In America Come Home To Marry / Logical Reasoning - Is A Day Old Baby Psychologically A Human Being? / Ђδω Do I Get Back Money Lent To A Family Member?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.