Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,947 members, 7,873,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:03 AM

Question: Why Can't We Campaign For One Of These Younger Minds? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Question: Why Can't We Campaign For One Of These Younger Minds? (14994 Views)

PHOTOS: Saraki And Atiku Campaign For Adeleke In Osun / APC Door-To-Door Campaign For Buhari & Osinajo: Pretty Ladies Employed (Photos) / Bola Tinubu Storms Ekiti To Campaign For Fayemi (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Question: Why Can't We Campaign For One Of These Younger Minds? by omoakin111: 8:15am On Nov 19, 2018
I support this motion. I will trend #youngtorule2019
Re: Question: Why Can't We Campaign For One Of These Younger Minds? by bestpunterever: 8:15am On Nov 19, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Simply because all the younger ones are either sell-outs and vote-splitters.

Donald Duke who is the only viable, credible young candidate is just getting the experience for the actual contest in 2023.

All of us here stand with Atiku/Obi.
Not because Atiku is a saint but because Buhari is a disaster.
all of you where?
Re: Question: Why Can't We Campaign For One Of These Younger Minds? by Praktikals(m): 8:16am On Nov 19, 2018
Lordofthewest:
Some of our youth are just daft cos I wonder why any youth will support APC or PDP who clearly have nothing else to offer....Anyway #Sowore2019
Oga shift make we see front. Sowore is more of a tout/thug.
Re: Question: Why Can't We Campaign For One Of These Younger Minds? by themanderon: 8:18am On Nov 19, 2018
Herd mentality. Most Nigerians have this problem that's why people can just sheepishly trust tinubu to give them their governorship candidates without asking questions.
Our leaders know how to manipulate us and we just believe them even though we know they lie to us constantly we still don't question them. We have grown to love the chains of slavery they cast upon us and we even love these slave masters. It might interest you to know that what our present leaders are doing to us is worse than what then colonial masters did.
At independence, what we did is casting away one chain of slavery for another one.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Question: Why Can't We Campaign For One Of These Younger Minds? by terzurum5(m): 8:18am On Nov 19, 2018
Georgry:
Why can't we campaign for and/or vote into power one of these younger minds?
The same way I am campaigning for this upright candidate of PRP to become the governor of Benue State.

He is a man of proven integrity.

Vote Rev Fred Lanshima Ikyaan for Governor Benue State come 2019.

Re: Question: Why Can't We Campaign For One Of These Younger Minds? by Ccagoke: 8:22am On Nov 19, 2018
If Buhari is a disaster then Atiku is a disaster waiting to happen to Nigeria. Shine your eyes!

2 Likes

Re: Question: Why Can't We Campaign For One Of These Younger Minds? by nokatakata: 8:22am On Nov 19, 2018
many nigerians have been cursed with suffer head. Even if Jesus Christ contest for election, they would rather vote for their old useless politicians.

2 Likes

Re: Question: Why Can't We Campaign For One Of These Younger Minds? by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 8:23am On Nov 19, 2018
jumich1:
Muoghalu is a brilliant mind no doubt, but he is only popular on social media.
Donald Duke is a role model worthy of emulation, but is disconnected from the grassroots.
Sowore is daring but you can't bet that a typical Ariaria trader, a Kano based maisanu, an Ibadan roadside mechanic can point out his face in a newspaper.

You cannot just win elections because you are young. You cannot rule Nigeria because you are smart. You cannot get millions of votes because you are courageous. Politics is local , you must do some work at the grassroots level. You have to test yourself at the lower tier before you can be trusted with the tough task of leading at the highest level. He who does not understand the microcosm will struggle to have a grasp of the macrocosm.

We are blessed with brilliant minds in Nigeria but intelligence, alone, is not enough. Nigerians are tired of Buhari, but casting your vote for any other candidate but Atiku is a blatant endorsement of ineptitude. Don't reinforce failiure.
I am #Atikulating

1 Like

Re: Question: Why Can't We Campaign For One Of These Younger Minds? by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 8:26am On Nov 19, 2018
jumich1:
Muoghalu is a brilliant mind no doubt, but he is only popular on social media.
Donald Duke is a role model worthy of emulation, but is disconnected from the grassroots.
Sowore is daring but you can't bet that a typical Ariaria trader, a Kano based maisanu, an Ibadan roadside mechanic can point out his face in a newspaper.

You cannot just win elections because you are young. You cannot rule Nigeria because you are smart. You cannot get millions of votes because you are courageous. Politics is local , you must do some work at the grassroots level. You have to test yourself at the lower tier before you can be trusted with the tough task of leading at the highest level. He who does not understand the microcosm will struggle to have a grasp of the macrocosm.

We are blessed with brilliant minds in Nigeria but intelligence, alone, is not enough. Nigerians are tired of Buhari, but casting your vote for any other candidate but Atiku is a blatant endorsement of ineptitude. Don't reinforce failiure.
I am #Atikulating

Very little to add to this. You captured the essence of the issue.
Donald Duke is NOT a role model.
Despite the flaws of our electoral system, great weight is still placed on experience and achievement. Sowore and Moghalu have Zero.

4 Likes

Re: Question: Why Can't We Campaign For One Of These Younger Minds? by livinbygrace: 8:26am On Nov 19, 2018
They are only known on social media and the elites,who rarely vote.They are not known to the grassroot and the main voters.
Re: Question: Why Can't We Campaign For One Of These Younger Minds? by Lordofthewest(m): 8:27am On Nov 19, 2018
I'd rather have that thug as my president than a buhari or Atiku.
Praktikals:

Oga shift make we see front. Sowore is more of a tout/thug.
Re: Question: Why Can't We Campaign For One Of These Younger Minds? by ajayiopy: 8:29am On Nov 19, 2018
CAN ALL OF THEM COME TOGETHER AND FORM A FORMIDABLE PARTY.WE DONT HAVE CONFIDENCE IN PARTY THAT FIGHT DURING THE PRIMARY OR FRONT FOR APC. THE ONLY SINCERE CANDIDATE HERE IS MADAM DUE PROCESS. SOWORE IS NOT MATURE AT ALL,THEY ALL NEED TO SERVE IN THIER CONSTITUENCIES FIRST. WE NEED THESE PEOPLE MORE IN UPPER AND LOWER CHAMBERS TO MAKE POSITIVE DECISIONS THAT CAN AFFECT THE MASSES. IF YOU HAVE SINCERE PEOPLE AS SENATORS AND HOUSE OF REP.MEMBERS,THIS COUNTRY WILL MOVE FORWARD. ALL THEY NEED TO DO IS TO EXPOSE ANY SHADING DEAL AT THE PRESIDENCY AND MAKE IT KNOWN OPENLY TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC AND WITH THAT WE WILL GO FAR.

1 Like

Re: Question: Why Can't We Campaign For One Of These Younger Minds? by Kclique: 8:29am On Nov 19, 2018
Georgry:

@Op, let me reply you as a political scientist,

We cannot campaign for one of them because of the following reasons:
1. They are many. What parameters will we use to chose one, and then make all the young people to campaign for that one.
2. Many youth you find aggressively campaigning for any of the Buhari or Atiku is gaining directly or indirectly from them.
3. Nigeria is not yet revolved to give opportunities to starters, reason, CORRUPTION!

SOLUTIONS:
1. The young aspirants must first come together and unanimously agree on one of them to form the alternative/3rd force.
2. The young people must be enlightened to prefer the gains of the future to the peanuts they are being paid today.
3. I think time is what might play out for the young to run and win. Let's keep the sensitisation on.
Re: Question: Why Can't We Campaign For One Of These Younger Minds? by Horus(m): 8:30am On Nov 19, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJmUfyNrOSY

Fela Durotoye Shares What Will Make Him Nigeria's Best President

Presidential candidate, Fela Durotoye while speaking at Fela Talks to mark the 2018 Felabration, shared
his reasons why he would make a great President for Nigeria.
Re: Question: Why Can't We Campaign For One Of These Younger Minds? by calitobrigonte(m): 8:30am On Nov 19, 2018
Nigeria employs a form of government known as GERIATOCRACY. This is coined from geriatrics. My father plays with my kids whenever we visit... I don't see why these great grandfathers cannot leave governance for people that are FIT to serve and do same with their grandchildren.

With the present structure of politics in Nigeria, it will be a herculean task to unseat and displace the current grandfathers that are hell bent on ruling.

Even with a daily cocktail of steroids and energy boosters, these grandfathers that saturate our political landscape cannot manage the affairs of government.
Ask yourself, how many of our current crop of ancestors sorry leaders, can stand a marathon meeting like the recent EU meeting on migrants?

Let us leave the issue of mental strength for another day. You don't need me telling you what happens to our brain cells as we age. Now imagine the brain cells of an ancestor... You get the picture?
Re: Question: Why Can't We Campaign For One Of These Younger Minds? by gare(f): 8:33am On Nov 19, 2018
Georgry:

This na Jamb Question ? grin grin grin
Re: Question: Why Can't We Campaign For One Of These Younger Minds? by Topshow4real: 8:35am On Nov 19, 2018
Nigerians should keep supporting Apc and Pdp.
One thing for sure is,
We will all have sense by 2023!!!
Re: Question: Why Can't We Campaign For One Of These Younger Minds? by arabralph(m): 8:35am On Nov 19, 2018
Governance in Nigeria isn't about motivational speaking/speeches. In reality how many of these young people can sell themselves to the Northern electorates.
Let's not pretend as if we don't know the dynamics of Nigeria's Politics.
Don't even be surprised that these much hyped guys might still go there and become a complete fiasco.
I recall one of Nigeria's Democratic President saying in paraphrase that even if Jesus Christ comes to rule or take over the reins of this Nation,if care isn't taken he might fail.
I believe progressively we will get to that level of sophistication to vote for smart upwardly mobile economic technocrats,but it's gonna take time brethren.
For those accusing Atiku for past corruption, simply because a respected man somewhere said he was corrupt.Please let's note that since he has not been convicted by any court of competent jurisdiction via the anti graft agencies of Government,such unfounded allegations should seize.
For me this Business Man of consistent repute in delivery to his personal businesses should be given a chance. He may not be the Messiah but he's been there before as VP and may have learnt and built from alot of blunders they made in the past.
To me,he's the most prepared for this seat.
But I pray that the gods of Ask Rock will not becloud his normal senses once he gets there as usual.
He should create a direct personal feedback mechanism to grasp the impulse of the masses on issues of Nation building and Projects.
My humble submission!
Re: Question: Why Can't We Campaign For One Of These Younger Minds? by bilulu(m): 8:38am On Nov 19, 2018
Georgry:
The only people i can campaign for there is Duke and the lady but the rest aren't different.... Fela is busy getting contracts from this govt through his wife. He's part of this government body and soul. Non of them ve the required vision if they do they would not ve supported a vision-less government into power.
Re: Question: Why Can't We Campaign For One Of These Younger Minds? by BLIZZARDCON: 8:40am On Nov 19, 2018
Do you think that leadership problem in the country is that of age?

No, it is just the attitude of followers.
For example, we all claim that we voted for change yet we never had any patients e for the realities of change.

1 Like

Re: Question: Why Can't We Campaign For One Of These Younger Minds? by henryomez(m): 8:43am On Nov 19, 2018
Bros u too know book wow very educating . that is why I have decided to still go with buhari . ]Because they have no chance of winning. And this is not because of the candidates per se, but because of the current stage of our democracy. Our democracy is only 24 years old. As such, we can't have a Trump or Macron rise from obscurity, because we haven't tackled the basics.

We have not reformed campaign finance. In terms of policy, the economy, and most of our critical issues; the vast majority of our voting population is grossly uninformed or unable to engage. 80% of those who'd read both the Next Level and Atiku's Policy Plan will not understand up to 5% of it. Then there are the subtle but very real ethnic and religious bias that cloud the election process.

As a result, campaigning for any of these candidates is an exercise in futility as anyone doing so would be setting the cart before the horse.

Lastly, virtually all of those candidates are just as complicit as to the state we've found ourselves as any of the geriatric front runners for 2019.

* Donald Duke was a governor who performed averagely. His star project Tinapa is one of the most iconic white elephant projects of the last two decades. He is on record for sabotaging an elected government on the direction of the same powers that be.
* Madam Oby served under OBJ, like Atiku. She also sold us the scam in 2015. If Buhari had rewarded her like her BBOG co-founder Hadi, it is highly unlikely she'd be contesting for the Presidency. She's no different from Keyamo and the other anywhere-belle-face activists.
* Sowore also sold us the scam in 2015. And as late as 2017 was still selling the scam even when the illiterates in the village knew otherwise. He like Buhari has a narcissistic complex thinking he holds all the solutions. There's no one he hasn't derided forgetting as President, he'd would need to handle these forces with care and engage if he's to make any progress.
* Moghalu was a CBN deputy governor. Enough said.
* Durotoye also sold us the scam in 2015 and his campaign rips directly from the books of how our established politicians ply their trade. Bottom line, his candidacy does not hold as much promise as his high-sounding words may appear.

These our young aspirants are the Babangida, Abacha, and other young military officers during Nigeria's infancy. Pillars that have been part of the problem whitewashing themselves as saviors. My advice for them is to go local and change things. If the Presidency is the only way you can effect change, you need to take a chill pill.

Buhari was a military governor. Atiku won a governorship election. GEJ, Yar'Adua, and OBJ same thing. It is the height of arrogance to expect that because you run a newspaper, ran an activist campaign, or are young, then the nation's seat of power should be gifted to you.

-Lord[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Question: Why Can't We Campaign For One Of These Younger Minds? by WaffenSS(m): 8:44am On Nov 19, 2018
I'm yet to see any evidence where "young minds" are any different from the old ones.

Sarakiri is relatively young. Yet he's among the most resilient of looters.

Infact the younger ones are more dangerous; they grew up in an environment of laziness and looting and get-rich-quick

Nairaland is a prime example: can't count how many of the youth are into MMM, Bet9ja, yahooyahoo, and other kinds of scam. All they do is want to be Davido or Wizkid with no hard work.

This generation and the one before it only know to look for the shortest path to wealth, which is often always criminal.

That's why you always hear of the "baba god" crew.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Question: Why Can't We Campaign For One Of These Younger Minds? by VajanahDischaj(f): 8:45am On Nov 19, 2018
cinoedhunter:
wink truth is that Nigerians are short sighted.... in other words, these old politicians constantly use our brain to fry pofpof ..... what stops us from being France ?
We will say "who's this one?; he is testing his political popularity or the best quote "he is too young to handle Nigeria"". And see how the youngest governor dey Jones for Kogi state angry
ONPOINT bro!!! U have hit the head in the nail!

1 Like

Re: Question: Why Can't We Campaign For One Of These Younger Minds? by EmirAbj: 8:45am On Nov 19, 2018
Youths Are The Leaders Of Tomorrow, Mind You That Tomorrow Never Reach
Re: Question: Why Can't We Campaign For One Of These Younger Minds? by Nobody: 8:47am On Nov 19, 2018
ckmayoca:
because those that are really gonna vote do not know them .

This is just the simple fact....Majority of voters have never heard or know about them so campaigning for them is exercise in futility.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Question: Why Can't We Campaign For One Of These Younger Minds? by jtwest(m): 8:48am On Nov 19, 2018
LordAdam16:
Because they have no chance of winning. And this is not because of the candidates per se, but because of the current stage of our democracy. Our democracy is only 24 years old. As such, we can't have a Trump or Macron rise from obscurity, because we haven't tackled the basics.

We have not reformed campaign finance. In terms of policy, the economy, and most of our critical issues; the vast majority of our voting population is grossly uninformed or unable to engage. 80% of those who'd read both the Next Level and Atiku's Policy Plan will not understand up to 5% of it. Then there are the subtle but very real ethnic and religious bias that cloud the election process.

As a result, campaigning for any of these candidates is an exercise in futility as anyone doing so would be setting the cart before the horse.

Lastly, virtually all of those candidates are just as complicit as to the state we've found ourselves as any of the geriatric front runners for 2019.

* Donald Duke was a governor who performed averagely. His star project Tinapa is one of the most iconic white elephant projects of the last two decades. He is on record for sabotaging an elected government on the direction of the same powers that be.
* Madam Oby served under OBJ, like Atiku. She also sold us the scam in 2015. If Buhari had rewarded her like her BBOG co-founder Hadi, it is highly unlikely she'd be contesting for the Presidency. She's no different from Keyamo and the other anywhere-belle-face activists.
* Sowore also sold us the scam in 2015. And as late as 2017 was still selling the scam even when the illiterates in the village knew otherwise. He like Buhari has a narcissistic complex thinking he holds all the solutions. There's no one he hasn't derided forgetting as President, he'd would need to handle these forces with care and engage if he's to make any progress.
* Durotoye also sold us the scam in 2015 and his campaign rips directly from the books of how our established politicians ply their trade. Bottom line, his candidacy does not hold as much promise as his high-sounding words may appear.

These our young aspirants are the Babangida, Abacha, and other young military officers during Nigeria's infancy. Pillars that have been part of the problem whitewashing themselves as saviors. My advice for them is to go local and change things. If the Presidency is the only way you can effect change, you need to take a chill pill.

Buhari was a military governor. Atiku won a governorship election. GEJ, Yar'Adua, and OBJ same thing. It is the height of arrogance to expect that because you run a newspaper, ran an activist campaign, or are young, then the nation's seat of power should be gifted to you.

-Lord

if only young minds all over this nation have this deep insight about Nigeria's Politics. kudos to you sir.
Re: Question: Why Can't We Campaign For One Of These Younger Minds? by Shakitibob0: 8:52am On Nov 19, 2018
Because we have 190million MUMU living presently in Nigeria..

Na Only the 10million+ Diasporans get sense

1 Like

Re: Question: Why Can't We Campaign For One Of These Younger Minds? by holuphisayor(m): 8:52am On Nov 19, 2018
The young minds are greedy.
Why can they come together and run under a party?
Why can't they pick up slots and run as governors?
The presidential election is too expensive for them to think they can win with social media influence.

Am 92% sure if some of them win as governors. The change can start from there.

But NO. They would rather lose.
Re: Question: Why Can't We Campaign For One Of These Younger Minds? by Eres94: 8:52am On Nov 19, 2018
The electorate are we the people of this country entitled to vote in an election but ever since the inception of democracy and accompanied notion of "free and fair election" in 1966 till now, there have emerged many abnormalities in the Nigerian voting behavior which has consequentially led us to voting in a majority of wrong persons that couldn't represent our national interest and move the nation forward through transparency, selflessness & humane conduct, but rather enrich (ed) themselves through corruption, engage in guerilla warfare (eg: hate speech, blackmail, fighting to maintain or seize power, oust oppositions) and mislead the very people that elected them. These abnormalities that had emerged over the years and still trending include; voting with ethnic and religious sentiments, vote buying, ignorant voting/crowd voting/popular voting and not voting because of unreasonable excuses, etc these things attract consequences to every Nigerian in various foreseen ways. The present administration although acknowledging its feats but yet has failed much more to openly address the Nigerian problems which is on an increase making the country an unbearable place for you and I. We Vote Movement is a cause set up to bring together voters who want to vote in the right way, for the right reason and for the right and qualified person, and not because of ethnicity, religion, popularity, money, etc its about engaging with these political parties/ aspirants as a categorised group on what they have to offer; how they intend to solve national and local problems with feasible and explainable plans/blueprints and set pace to advance the country. The movement is not tied to appease or to be influenced by government, any party or peoples pleasantries but the efforts of thorough scrutiny by the people, making our votes count, following up on the elected candidates, and with power of a majority seek referendum, hold them to accountability using other political apparatus to influence government process. The power is with the electorate, but a different electorate who vote collectively and in unison as a body setting aside multicultural differences and promoting national interest. As said democracy is a game of numbers, we hope that you join the movement so that our strength in majority although a minority group in the political process be nationally influential and undeniably relevant. To register, simply get added & involved in our whatsapp group whatsapp nos: 08136156015 For further details about the movement visit our Facebook page and group: We Vote Movement Group Signed; Monroe

Re: Question: Why Can't We Campaign For One Of These Younger Minds? by lonelydora: 8:58am On Nov 19, 2018
LordAdam16:
Because they have no chance of winning. And this is not because of the candidates per se, but because of the current stage of our democracy. Our democracy is only 24 years old. As such, we can't have a Trump or Macron rise from obscurity, because we haven't tackled the basics.

-Lord

Best analysis so far
Re: Question: Why Can't We Campaign For One Of These Younger Minds? by Ayobami7(m): 9:02am On Nov 19, 2018
转注字/轉注字zhuǎnzhùzì

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Tinubu Has Turned His Back On Rivers APC Because Of Wike – Party Chief / Reps Summon Adeosun Over N17 Billion ‘office Equipment’ Contract Scam / Why Buhari Is Yet To Reshuffle Cabinet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.