Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,101 members, 7,916,205 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 05:45 PM

How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan (45934 Views)

Buhari: We Could Have Used Military, Police To Overrun Some PDP States / Bayelsa Election: Jonathan Decries Late Arrival Of Voting Materials In Otuoke / INTERVIEW: Buhari, APC Sponsoring Some PDP Presidential Aspirants - Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan by BabaO2: 4:23pm On Nov 20, 2018
He has not changed much. I wonder who are his managers.
Re: How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan by arrestdarrester: 4:24pm On Nov 20, 2018
bedspread:
I LOVE THIS MAN!!

"FAKE NEWS" Invented and fully Practiced by the APC was invoke in during this period!

Many Lies were put on this innocent man!!

The same APC is now afraid of swallowing their own medicine. Its either APC swallow their own medicine or Nigerians go inject them with am by force.

Party of liars and extremists

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan by emekaRaj(m): 4:30pm On Nov 20, 2018
yarimo:
Mr GEJ no any governor made you lost any election, you are just incompetent as president.

Leave him, The man wan use d book console himself
Re: How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan by mandax: 4:30pm On Nov 20, 2018
Too many conspiracies;.
Election 2015 campaign:
Once APC Alliance was formed by SW and north, Doyin Okupe and Reuben Abati kept mum while Lai dished out all lies against President Jonathan.!!!!!

Northern people wanted Presidency, therefore too many big politicians of north pulled out of PDP.

Jonathan was literally alone with a few big tine politicians.

Again, the countries of the multinational oil companies wanted a northerner so as to protect their earnings.
Re: How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan by igwefivestar(m): 4:30pm On Nov 20, 2018
rusher14:

Go play with your mates kiddo.

This topic is well above your intelligence or experience.
I thought I was engaging a reasonable person, not knowing am in for hogwash.
Re: How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan by Rebelutionary: 4:30pm On Nov 20, 2018
bedspread:
I LOVE THIS MAN!!

"FAKE NEWS" Invented and fully Practiced by the APC was invoke in during this period!

Forgotten Cambridge Analytics So soon? Hmmm... Now someone is learning the ropes when it comes to "blame game" cool

Interestingly, you are Atikulating with the same fellas that brought about his downfall abi?

1 Like

Re: How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan by tiredoflife(m): 4:31pm On Nov 20, 2018
Pascchal:
Hello, good afternoon nairalanders
I'm paschal and I need your help

I've just gained admission in to the university of Nigeria nsukka UNN to study microbiology
I've been able to pay for my acceptance fee but I'm finding it difficult to pay my tuition fees
I've been able to raise #35,000 out of #65,700
I wouldn't be seeking for your help if I have other choice but I'm really helpless now and would gladly appreciate it very much if you help me
Acct name: paschal chukwudi Nlemedim
Acct number: 0093386938
Phone number: 0812528543
Thanks in anticipation
God bless you all as you help me

University is not for everyone
Use what u have to find a business to live on
U need cash flow now not a degree wink
Re: How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan by Enemyofpeace: 4:31pm On Nov 20, 2018
deantimes:
lalasticlala
was he one of them?
Re: How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan by ejimatic: 4:32pm On Nov 20, 2018
deantimes:

Source: https://politicstimesng.com/how-some-pdp-governors-northern-leaders-made-me-lost-re-election-jonathan/
. You need not write any book to defend yourself as to your loss of 2015 general election. We all knew what happened.For the record I will say as follows: in 2011 you were given the grace of having a tenure.A treaty was signed on this with other PDP leaders including Obasanjo.The north was appealed to because it was their tenure you were given in 2011. in 2015 it was the tenure of the north you were told not to contest but you refused.Obasanjo was angry and the entire north.That was why OBJ left PDP with his followers including Oyinlola. when you made the party your sole business. That was why you were voted out in 2015. In 2017 you came back and begged OBJ in company of Oyedepo and other christian politicians So you were the architect of your downfall in 2015. So stop misleading us with your lies in your doctored report.We all know the true report.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan by WaffenSS(m): 4:35pm On Nov 20, 2018
Blame everyone but your ineptitude, you obtuse kludge.

2 Likes

Re: How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan by bedspread: 4:36pm On Nov 20, 2018
rusher14:

What is the lie about fuel subsidies?

Obasanjo, a PDPAPC stalwart, spoke about snipers. That's an internal issue.

Billions were actually missing from NNPC, the CBN knows better than you and I.
Re: How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan by bluefilm: 4:37pm On Nov 20, 2018
GreatrAnalyst:
'...made me(Jonathan) lose re-election.'
Nothing like 'made me lost re-election'

To whom it may concern!

Thank you so much for making this correction.

When I saw the title on the frontpage, I swear it made no meaning at all to me.

In fact, it made me wonder how the OP managed to pass his English classes.

Then I thought of the mod that brought that glaring error to the front page.

Then I shook my head in shame . cry cry cry
Re: How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan by Goodplace: 4:37pm On Nov 20, 2018
@Bettercreature. I wonder how come about that name... As useless as your comments is. Don't be stupid next time by making such uncomplimentary state towards an achiever... Idiot you
bettercreature:
Just look at what the idiot is counting as an achievement when the price oil crude oil was as high as 115$,What a weak good for nothing Buffon
The useless man supervised the biggest fraud in history where every members of his cabinet are stealing at will
Changing minister like underwear! Getting screwed here and there,OPC #6billion,TOMPOLO #13billion, DASUKI 2 billion DOLLARS shocked Diezani uncountable as in rice
Still! He has the gut to write a book
Re: How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan by getukudo(m): 4:37pm On Nov 20, 2018
I know most of the agencies that were involved in spreading the fake news. Those news agencies, social media made millions of naira paid by politicians to smear his govt.

Bukola Saraki
Kwankwaso and host of other politicians were part of those who used fake news to soil GEJs administration.
Re: How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan by 9gerian: 4:39pm On Nov 20, 2018
TBH GEJ goofed on being on top of things going on in his govt.

He gave everyone too much free hand that people just continued to abuse at will. In a systematic country, that would have been splendid due to strong institutions. In countries like Nigeria, it was an invitation to disaster.

IBB put it rightly when he said GEJ was only inexperienced not incompetent.

On Obama, GEJ is right. The US had just legalized all LGBT rights, and were very vindictive with nations that failed to toe the line. GEJ at the time sponsored and signed an anti gay bill criminalizing homosexual practices in Nigeria. US abruptly stopped buying our crude oil, amidst several other measures taken to frustrate GEJ's government.

And yes, for dearing to contest for presidency and win, some northern leaders promised to make the country ungovernable. Insurgency suddenly gained massive traction as a result.

GEJ tried in vain to appease the North with several appointments, projects and other measures but it was never enough.

GEJ induced some self inflicted injuries with the fuel subsidy saga that pitched him against the people instead of against identified cabals who were defrauding the nation through fake fuel imports and diversion of petroleum products. He also removed his number 1 performing "minister of power" Barth Nnaji, whose sector could have given him an overwhelming campaign strategy. And yes, any government that can kill the hydraheaded monster of epileptic power supply in Nigeria will be the hero in deed!!! Btw I told friends and associates that Fashola (from the day he was appointed) would not be able to solve the problem in the power sector. Only Barth has demonstrated that he understood the problem of the power sector at the time (the cheese may have even been moved by now)!

In all, GEJ will always be remembered for saving the nation from the impending carnage during the 2015 presidential elections. Let's hope other leaders starting with PMB take a cue from him!

bettercreature:
Just look at what the idiot is counting as an achievement when the price oil crude oil was as high as 115$,What a weak good for nothing Buffon
The useless man supervised the biggest fraud in history where every members of his cabinet are stealing at will
Changing minister like underwear! Getting screwed here and there,OPC #6billion,TOMPOLO #13billion, DASUKI 2 billion DOLLARS shocked Diezani uncountable as in rice

2 Likes

Re: How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan by Patrioticman007(m): 4:41pm On Nov 20, 2018
He added that it was during his administration that a Nigerian, Akinwumi Adesina (his Minister of Agriculture), became the president of the African Development Bank for the first time.

Mr Clueless, GEJ can lie, if not for PMB Adesina would not be on that sit. Kindly Google the info, b4 you quote me

8th President of the African
Development Bank
Incumbent
Assumed office
1 September 2015.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan by Goodplace: 4:41pm On Nov 20, 2018
@ better creature my foot... You should be ashamed of your self and you demented generation for making such uncomplimentary statement towards an achiever. idiot you
bettercreature:
Re: How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan by onmyowncj: 4:51pm On Nov 20, 2018
EasternActivist:
Look at most of them up there, Bigoted beings from the west side.

Lemee tell all yah, no matter what you do or say it doesn't matter, you know why? That's because This book has been launched for posterity sake. Argue with your kids and next generations who will read this with sane minds and understand how foolish their progenitor where in 2015.
true talk

1 Like

Re: How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan by Pat4321: 4:52pm On Nov 20, 2018
nengibo:
Lets not forget the fuel scarcity directed by tinubu and his boys, yoruba man go contest for president again
Yes they will contest stop dividing the south, it's the north that benefits.

1 Like

Re: How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan by bizzibodi(m): 4:54pm On Nov 20, 2018
He fail to blame himself,his wife,fkk, Fayose,obj d peddler of fake snipers stories.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan by onegig(m): 4:54pm On Nov 20, 2018
rusher14:
It is on record your wife called them Almajiri.

In the North, your deputy called the then opposition a Christian party whilst down south you called them an Islamic party.

No mind the ogogoro master . Trying to rewrite history.

Himself and wife coupled with his associates did their worse to sink their already abysmal performance.

Have we all forgotten how Jonathan told us to keep faith with bombings happening North and South? That such also happen world over. Meaning it was natural.

Or we forget how daily it was a tale of one brazen corruption or the other. Or the fact that his own ministers were painting doomsday even when oil was at $70.

Or have we forgotten that banks and almost all institutions were closing at 12pm back in 2014/2015 because of no energy and non availability of diesel to power their generators?

He can write utter rubbish in his book but it still doesn't change the fact that even he knew he couldn't win a second term and was schemig for a single term of 6 years as early as 2012. He turned back when the opposition to that was much and no one supported such.

Even in 2015, he didn't want to run for fear of loosing . Had to take his wife to be pushing him to rerun. I am sure if PDP had a primary for presidential election. Jonathan would have lost. That's to show you how low his popularity was.

We have always had shallow leaders but Jonathan takes the cake with his cluelessness followed by Buhari(at least Buhari still has one or two ministers with common sense) but the entire cabinet save for the Agric minister back then weren't even qualified to be high school principals.

Imagine having Wike as the Minister for Education. God! We have had it rough in this country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan by yarimo(m): 4:58pm On Nov 20, 2018
jaxxy:

Actually there was sm conspiracy which added to his loss. Buharis incompetence is worse than Jonathans, Jonathan’s only problem was corrupt people are him
shaataap
Re: How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan by nengibo: 5:00pm On Nov 20, 2018
Pat4321:

Yes they will contest stop dividing the south, it's the north that benefits.
Yorubas are northerners, they are always against southern interest, where was southern unity when yorubas voted a nothern president
Re: How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan by tundess: 5:02pm On Nov 20, 2018
I will not buy the book. Excerpts so far released can basically be summarised as "I lost because it was everyone else's fault, not me; Obama, John Kerry, Northern govs, OBJ, at al".
The fact is, the only office GEJ contested for in HIS LIFE, he lost. His "fresh breath" was alcohol laced. The commendable parts of his govt ( NO-I, Adesina....err where else ?) policies have been continued. The disasters ? How long have you got ? BH/NE, Chibok and the refusal to act swiftly because of an ongoing clout chasing WEF-Africa event, massive military arms procurement corruption, naked money laundering on a "fantastic" scale, the largely fraudulent Amnesty program, SURE-P, NNPC under the fagin-fingered Diezani, and quite frankly his deceptive and sly regard towards whether he would honour the agreement to finish Yar'Ardua's tenure. And don't forget that noisy harridan of his wife.
Politically, he was a neophyte, who was only accorded a modicum of respect because of the office he held. GEJ couldn't win a HoR seat today, left to his own devices.
Nice man though.

2 Likes

Re: How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan by jaxxy(m): 5:05pm On Nov 20, 2018
yarimo:
shaataap

Deceive urself

1 Like

Re: How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan by Yyeske(m): 5:07pm On Nov 20, 2018
DTaj:
Jonathan has not changed at all. It was Obasanjo, in one of his open letters to you, who alleged that you were training snipers and that he (Obasanjo) among other leaders opposed to your inept government, were on the hit list of snipers for assassination! Why can’t you be bold to mention Obasanjo’s name?

Also, who were the so-called leaders from the North who opposed you? Who were the PDP Governors, members of your own party, who opposed you?

You foolishly wrote about your religion and ‘where you come from’? Was it not the same people you accuse of using these two sentiments that voted massively for you in 2011 Were you a Muslim and a Northerner when the same people voted for you in 2011? Was your name Abdullahi Balarabe, from Sokoto state, when they voted you in 2011?

When your garrulous, uncouth, loud-mouth wife on national TV insulted Northerners as being daft and were breeding children “born throway”, did you caution her?

When your insane wife unintelligently made a generalized statement on national TV that a whole section of Nigerians were street beggars (almajiri), what did you expect them to do?

Jonathan, face the truth, you failed and was voted out for the following reasons:

1. You ran a completely laissez-faire FG where you left your Ministers, heads of agencies, Service Chiefs, your tribal warlords, etc to do as they liked! There was a complete dereliction of duty on your part. Everyone messed up right in your face and you did nothing!

2. Your personal flaw, although no human being is perfect, was used against you. You were too meek, gentle, and weak to have ruled Nigeria. Your appointees, such as Diezani saw this clearly and they ran riot!

3. You played the ethnic card- riff-raffs and illiterate ex-militants such as Tompolo, Asari Dokubo (where is that toad who said that Buhari will never be President?), Boyloaf, and others, including senile old man, Edwin Clarke, issued threats to other Nigerians in a reckless manner and you did not caution them. When Obasanjo brought this ethic bias up with you, you insulted him to no end.

4. You ran a completely corrupt government to the extent that billions of raw, mint-cash currencies (Naira and US dollars) were being carted away from the CBN! For instance, I attended the Akintola Williams Foundation Lecture at the MUSON Centre a few years ago and a former Deputy Governor of the CBN and a Minister under your government, Dr. Shamsudeen Usman, alleged that he was shocked to have confirmed that under your government, the CBN became the unofficial vault of PDP politicians and some other riff-raffs.

5. You played the religious card as though you were the first Christian President or Head of State of Nigeria. The hitherto-respected and celebrated Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, the umbrella body of ALL Christians and the Body of Christ in Nigeria, became your toy. You so much bastardized CAN that its President, Ayo Oritsejafor, easily became the Public Relations Officer (PRO) of the PDP and your government! Sacrilege! Other Christians who felt that their association, once led by vibrant Cardinal Olubunmi Okogie and Cardinal John Olorunfemi Onaiyekan, very well-respected Church leaders, was being used in so brazenly partisan manner, and other Nigerians, disliked you for this, and voted against you.

6. During the campaigns, in the North, your equally docile and completely useless Vice President, Mohammed Namadi Sambo, told a campaign audience that they should not vote APC because their VP candidate, Yemi Osinbajo, was a Pastor and that he will force them into Christianity! Meanwhile, Jonathan’s people and campaign organization, told voters in the South-East and South-South that the same APC was an Islamic, Boko Haram party!

In summary, Obama, PDP Governors, Northern leaders, and the plethora of people and organizations you blamed in your useless book did not cause your political downfall, YOU and YOUR UNCOUTH WIFE nailed your cross!

You turned 61 today, happy birthday former President Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, a gentle but very WEAK man and leader!
PS: Admin, please change the title to “made me LOSE re-election”, not “made me LOST re-election” owing to the past tense “made” which preceded ‘lose’.
You nailed it bro.

2 Likes

Re: How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan by samisj4real(m): 5:10pm On Nov 20, 2018
grin grin grin Buhari no get level for where Goodluck Jonathan they abeg. Truth be told.
Re: How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan by zoedew: 5:10pm On Nov 20, 2018
jaxxy:

Jonathan may have been a naive bt he had competent hands the only thing is he indirectly allowed grand corruption by his aides. Diezani is a brilliant woman bt highly corrupt.

Buhari has intentionally worked with incompetent people based on ethnicity and party affiliation at the expense of the progress of the country. To add to this misadventure his aide are very corrupt bt still hiding their acts. U will be shocked.

I applaud your comments! Illuminating.

2 Likes

Re: How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan by Yyeske(m): 5:12pm On Nov 20, 2018
ejimatic:
. You need not write any book to defend yourself as to your loss of 2015 general election. We all knew what happened.For the record I will say as follows: in 2011 you were given the grace of having a tenure.A treaty was signed on this with other PDP leaders including Obasanjo.The north was appealed to because it was their tenure you were given in 2011. in 2015 it was the tenure of the north you were told not to contest but you refused.Obasanjo was angry and the entire north. That was why you were voted out in 2015. So you were the architect of your downfall in 2015. So stop misleading us with your lies. in your doctored report.We all know the true report.
Another big point that I'm really sure isn't written in that book.

1 Like

Re: How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan by Nobody: 5:12pm On Nov 20, 2018
rusher14:

You made no point.

You're actually correct that there were missing NNPC billions and fuel subsidy racketeering. I dont think anyone thinks too highly of the previous PDP govt.

Problem now is that the subsidy scam is literally still on and NNPC corruption is still waxing strong. The maina thing hangs over the govts head. Not to speak of Ganduje and co.

Both parties are roughly same thing. Granted, the apc is less brazen with their misdeeds, but corrupt nonetheless.

This country is fast approaching the tolerance threshold for bad governance... we either make real changes or face dire consequnces. The present lot of politicians are all hellbound.
Re: How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan by Slurity(m): 5:17pm On Nov 20, 2018
bedspread:
I LOVE THIS MAN!!

"FAKE NEWS" Invented and fully Practiced by the APC was invoke during this period!

What lies? lie that he constituted corruption and share our national money for elections? If you love a criminal, you are likely one

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pictures From Ongoing NLC Protest In Ikeja Lagos / Certificate Saga: Withdraw From Presidential Race, PDP Tells Buhari / Sowore, Falz And Mr Macaroni At EndSARS Memorial Procession (Video, Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.