Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,457 members, 7,897,944 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 11:36 PM

Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis (32197 Views)

Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis / Hijab Controversy: UI School Board Retains Dress Code / University Of Ibadan International School Hijab Ban An Invitation To Chaos-MURIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by Nobody: 8:11am On Nov 22, 2018
GoTV:
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, i think Muslims are been marginalized and their rights are trampled upon in most Southern schools. We Christians should better realize that Nigeria is a secular country dominated by Muslims wether we like it or not. Most schools pray the Christian way without considering the faith of Muslims and yet we Christians still refuse to let Muslims wear an harmless Hijab I hope Muric and other Muslim groups reject this open hypocrisy of we Christians sad

Horrific devil go back to abyss.

2 Likes

Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by ojuu4u(m): 8:11am On Nov 22, 2018
herkeem:
The International School Ibadan (ISI) and the Hijab Ban.

ISI is a secondary school under the control of the management of University of Ibadan. The school has been in the news in the last few days for its refusal to allow willing female Muslim students use Hijab on their uniform. The situation has degenerated to the extent that the Muslim students were shut out of the school among other unwarranted actions of the school as represented by the Principal, one Mrs Phebean Olowe.

I have read and listened to different opinions on the development and I am not sorry for the positions I take on the matter. Before I conclude with my positions however, I have a few questions for the Principal in question as well as anyone with position same as or similar to that of the school management:

1. Does the wearing of Hijab by the willing female Muslim students portend any danger/evil for their colleagues (who don't), the school or anyone for that matter?

2. Is it against the law of the land for the students of such a 'public' school to wear Hijab?

3. Does their observance of that aspect of their constitutional rights rub or deny anyone of his?

If the genuine answers to the above questions are NO, then I am of the opinion that the assertion that the school's reactions are borne out of hatred for Islam and the Muslims must be very true and this has to stop and stop NOW.

And for those who might be asking, does their not wearing Hijab portend any danger? Yes, it does and contrary to the opinions of those that know not, not wearing Hijab makes female muslims less Muslims because it's not a flexible commandment. If your wish is really not to make them non-Muslims, let them use what makes them the Muslims that they are.

I call on all the concerned stakeholders and well meaning people of the society to intervene in good time to allow our female Muslim students join their colleagues without any further victimization, molestation, discrimination or disdainful treatment of any kind.

Leyin aponle, abuku lo Ku o........... Tori a ko le wa sa fun keke lo kolu moto.....

Adesanjo Oyejide.
that's trade mark of ur religion *violent * Did you use to be vocal like this whenever your so-called decent Muslim girls used hijabs for cover-ups to detonate bomb? "Killing & Maiming" innocent people? NO. Adesanjo Oyejide you are hypocrite. Let us reason together, how will you feel if I start slaughtering dogs & pigs in front of your mosque, selling them for prospective buyers. Do not forget that am excercising my fundermental human rights o and as citizen of the country I shouldn't be marginalized. Oyejide, let us learn how to let sleeping dog lies. No religion is a monopoly of violent

3 Likes

Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by efighter: 8:11am On Nov 22, 2018
Religion, Man worst invention.
Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by Oteemjay2: 8:13am On Nov 22, 2018
[This is not true. Dont make comments you cannot back. Nobody marginalises any muslim. The revesre is the case most often.quote author=GoTV post=73190537] sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, i think Muslims are been marginalized and their rights are trampled upon in most Southern schools. We Christians should better realize that Nigeria is a secular country dominated by Muslims wether we like it or not. Most schools pray the Christian way without considering the faith of Muslims and yet we Christians still refuse to let Muslims wear an harmless Hijab I hope Muric and other Muslim groups reject this open hypocrisy of we Christians sad[/quote]
Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by Omololu001: 8:13am On Nov 22, 2018
ollah2:

Is the school a christian school?
the school was created by a British or German, it was not created by the federal government of Nigeria. And it was built mostly from donation from the ford foundation.

1 Like

Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by kremlin01(m): 8:13am On Nov 22, 2018
ollah2:

The day we tell ourselves the truth is the day bigotry begins to die. If the school doesn't have a problem with students singing christian songs, praying in christian ways and attending school on Friday why should they have problems with Muslims wearing hijab. It's a government school, financed by tax payers monies from members of every religion on the land be it the old gods and new.

You guys are bunch of hypocrites and bigots

Yay! Another Vikings fan....
But chief you know that you can actually have a conversation without having to use all them harsh words ABI? And I know this because I am convinced that you are one of the educated Nigerians even though you seem to hate us so much.. thanchu

1 Like

Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 8:13am On Nov 22, 2018
Immarocks:

And What will you say about some government schools in the north where Christian girls are made to tie headtie or wear hijab.....
Which part of the north? Please provide names and links backup your lies.I did my service in Kebbi state and i was posted to a secondary school and i never saw i single Christian girl wearing a hijab.

1 Like

Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by Nobody: 8:14am On Nov 22, 2018
Immarocks:

And What will you say about some government schools in the north where Christian girls are made to tie headtie or wear hijab.....

Every sane female is meant to cover her hair
Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by wisebrains: 8:14am On Nov 22, 2018
I'm still waiting till when this religion fanatics will tell the federal government that our female army, police, customs, road safety and other military and paramilitary officers should be allowed to us hijab with their uniforms. Fvvvvking hypocrites...

Etimocracy:

Hijab is certainly your identity, no one doubts that. However, would u therefore force it down the throat of an institution that has a certain dress code which doesn't entail wearing hijab. If the Parents are dissatisfied with the school system, why not withdraw their wards to where it suits them instead of causing chaos. So much for the religion of peace!

1 Like

Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by cardoctor(m): 8:15am On Nov 22, 2018
Is it by force

1 Like

Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by Reference(m): 8:15am On Nov 22, 2018
The very existence of life depends on personal liberties. Without laws there will be no sin. It is the making of laws that has brought these offenses and scattered the people, driving them to divisive destruction.

Let the people live the way they want.
Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by ollah2: 8:15am On Nov 22, 2018
Omololu001:
the school was created by a British or German, it was not created by the federal government of Nigeria. And it was built mostly from donation from the ford foundation.

Who and how the school was built doesn't mean much. We all know how missionary schools were built but they are funded by government now. A link that been provided to confirm the school been private which nullifies their protest
Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by Ositace(m): 8:16am On Nov 22, 2018
waali:
So to avoid dividing the children, the Muslim students should now dress in a way that's acceptable in the Christian faith and abandon their own right? Nobody is forcing anyone to wear Hijab but for those that want, it's their right (since they have the right to choose the faith to follow).

You can't come and tell me not to dress in an Islamic way and I agree then end up dressing like a Christian.
What is this one saying?
Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by Oteemjay2: 8:16am On Nov 22, 2018
[Then take your children to your islamic schools, period. Why has hijab suddenly become an issue in a school that has been without it for more than 50years? Dont you ask yourself some simple salient questions?quote author=Sikay19 post=73191947]
I don't know your age or your status but your opinion is very crass... Comparing Nigeria which is a secular state to core Islamic countries is unreasonable... this is Nigeria where you are allowed to practice religion of your choice. As muslims we have no problem with any forms of dressing every others wears. but Hijab is our identity and we shall not compromise on this... what I don't understand is why are you feeling insecure about this.. inferiority complex is the order of the day. [/quote]
Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by ollah2: 8:17am On Nov 22, 2018
efighter:
Religion, Man worst invention.

Honestly!! A volatile country like Nigeria need to abolish it altogether. It has always been disastrous and will remain so.
Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by Boboye4slim(m): 8:18am On Nov 22, 2018
Ibrahimmrfish:
Because it is a public school and as citizens of Nigeria,they have every right to send their children there.A public school should not be run by Christian or Muslim standard,it should be open to all.

this is abt the school standard.....if you got problem with it take your kids to a Muslim school

1 Like

Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by Nobody: 8:18am On Nov 22, 2018
Komolafe89:
animal will the hijab affecting you ? Do they force you to to use it or what affects you there

Please shut up there and change your name to el-komolafe or something fulanish. Stop disgracing Yorubas with your katakata grammar. angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by Amumaigwe: 8:18am On Nov 22, 2018
Sikay19:

I don't know your age or your status but your opinion is very crass... Comparing Nigeria which is a secular state to core Islamic countries is unreasonable... this is Nigeria where you are allowed to practice religion of your choice. As muslims we have no problem with any forms of dressing every others wears. but Hijab is our identity and we shall not compromise on this... what I don't understand is why are you feeling insecure about this.. inferiority complex is the order of the day.

Why are all the Christian dominated countries designated secular and open to all faiths but all Muslim dominated countries designated Islamic even with pockets of christians natives? Does that not lend credence to the peoples' impression about islam's intolerance and quest for dominance?

5 Likes

Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by Nobody: 8:19am On Nov 22, 2018
GoTV:
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, i think Muslims are been marginalized and their rights are trampled upon in most Southern schools. We Christians should better realize that Nigeria is a secular country dominated by Muslims wether we like it or not. Most schools pray the Christian way without considering the faith of Muslims and yet we Christians still refuse to let Muslims wear an harmless Hijab I hope Muric and other Muslim groups reject this open hypocrisy of we Christians sad

Let the Muslims wear hijab, and the IFA priests children wear amulets and traditional beads then.

Besides, can u tell me the meaning of a uniform plz?

Finally, how is it a uniform when it's not uniformed?

1 Like

Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by phemoluv02(m): 8:20am On Nov 22, 2018
You ain't a Christian let alone of born again pls stop lying!!! You are only trying to defend your Muslims sisters. tongue
GoTV:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by Yankee101: 8:20am On Nov 22, 2018
ollah2:

Muslims are always intolerant when they fight for their right but they are tolerant when they allow their wards to sing Christian songs in a government school, attend lectures on Friday, pray in christian ways etc.

You guys are bunch of hypocritical christian teorrirsts

Those schools you call Government schools are actually missionary schools originally. Read your Nigerian history

1 Like

Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by 9gerian: 8:20am On Nov 22, 2018
How did we get here? shocked

Of all the crucial issues begging for attention, you have decided to choose this as a fighting battle.

Nobody cares about your religion because it is a personal thing.

This was how they started in Northern Nigeria thinking they had suddenly seen the light. Today, they are reaping in full the seeds that were sown in the 80s when they started elevating religion above development. Is that what you want to replicate here in the SW?

I implore you to stop disrupting the lives of the children with this unnecessary distraction about hijab or no hijab. Take your child elsewhere if the school does not allow hijab so that everybody can have their peace- please!

PS
Whoever started this protest does not mean well, whether for the children, the school or the region!

herkeem:

ISI is a secondary school under the control of the management of University of Ibadan. The school has been in the news in the last few days for its refusal to allow willing female Muslim students use Hijab on their uniform. The situation has degenerated to the extent that the Muslim students were shut out of the school among other unwarranted actions of the school as represented by the Principal, one Mrs Phebean Olowe.

I have read and listened to different opinions on the development and I am not sorry for the positions I take on the matter. Before I conclude with my positions however, I have a few questions for the Principal in question as well as anyone with position same as or similar to that of the school management:

1. Does the wearing of Hijab by the willing female Muslim students portend any danger/evil for their colleagues (who don't), the school or anyone for that matter?

2. Is it against the law of the land for the students of such a 'public' school to wear Hijab?

3. Does their observance of that aspect of their constitutional rights rub or deny anyone of his?

If the genuine answers to the above questions are NO, then I am of the opinion that the assertion that the school's reactions are borne out of hatred for Islam and the Muslims must be very true and this has to stop and stop NOW.

And for those who might be asking, does their not wearing Hijab portend any danger? Yes, it does and contrary to the opinions of those that know not, not wearing Hijab makes female muslims less Muslims because it's not a flexible commandment. If your wish is really not to make them non-Muslims, let them use what makes them the Muslims that they are.

I call on all the concerned stakeholders and well meaning people of the society to intervene in good time to allow our female Muslim students join their colleagues without any further victimization, molestation, discrimination or disdainful treatment of any kind.

Leyin aponle, abuku lo Ku o........... Tori a ko le wa sa fun keke lo kolu moto.....

Adesanjo Oyejide.

4 Likes

Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by Nobody: 8:23am On Nov 22, 2018
I really don't see the issue here, this is a free country, just because some kids want to cover their heads some 30 - 40 years old flat heads are here condemning Muslims calling them terrorists & people trying to Islamize Nigeria.

Well sha, whatever, Islam is here to stay wether them like it or not , We must wear hijab just like we are allow to sing praise song for school

Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by ollah2: 8:25am On Nov 22, 2018
Yankee101:

Those schools you call Government schools are actually missionary schools originally. Read your Nigerian history

If you buy a company, does it still belong to the previous owner ?
Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by generalissimo(m): 8:26am On Nov 22, 2018
ollah2:

The day we tell ourselves the truth is the day bigotry begins to die. If the school doesn't have a problem with students singing christian songs, praying in christian ways and attending school on Friday why should they have problems with Muslims wearing hijab. It's a government school, financed by tax payers monies from members of every religion on the land be it the old gods and new.

You guys are bunch of hypocrites and bigots
Something still baffles me.....So, inspite of your well constructed English language which portrays you as an educated man, you still think this way! If the school is financed by the tax payers and it is run by the government, then the rules should be flexible enough to be bent by any group of people who wish? The government makes the pupils wear the uniform for a purpose and that is to make them all be in unity inspite of their differences. You should have kicked against that too. You are the one not telling the truth. Singing and praying in English language is what you are probably referring to as Christian way. SMH...If prayers and singing are not rendered in Arabic,then it is not Islamic? Change your thinking bro. We should be better than this.

5 Likes

Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by iamaloma: 8:26am On Nov 22, 2018
You're an epitome of hatred for Islam and it is written all over you.
There are several ways to correct an error without correcting an error with an error.
We should simply learn to be formal and fair to ourselves for every reasonable Citizens who always wants to make a change.
Don't be full of hate against any individual, or group of people because you might be one of the reasons Nigeria may never seems to work.
Reverse your thoughts about any religious group simply because you surely have a relative practicing Islam, Christianity and several other believes.
Nigeria is not a one religion nation. We must learn to do away with hate speech politicians, pastors, alfas, and traditionalists who wants passion for their selfish aims.
My Opinion: Imposition of Hijabs by parents should never be tolerated in any institution that clearly doesn't allow or forbids it regarding no any religious group is favorable to.
It would be great for Muslims who wants their children to use Hijabs to get them enrolled to other Missionary Schools, be it in the Public or Private.

2 Likes

Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by DeepNuggets: 8:28am On Nov 22, 2018
GoTV:

Liar!! If you're a "born again" christian you would never post this trash

1 Like

Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 8:28am On Nov 22, 2018
Boboye4slim:

this is abt the school standard.....if you got problem with it take your kids to a Muslim school
So what you are saying is if i am a principal in a public school and i decided to make hijab a most to wear in school,the Christian parents should keep quiet or send their children to another school.Can you hear yourself speaking? Do you know how stupid you sound?
Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by proxillin(m): 8:29am On Nov 22, 2018
GoTV:

Oga Mujaideen...why are you shy of your religion: Why r u shy to come out as a muslim? A coward.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by uslaad(m): 8:30am On Nov 22, 2018
gratiaeo:
Muslims are worst set of people in the world.

That is blasphemous statement. You condemn Muslims over what? Be mindful of your statement so you don't cause the wrath of God on yourself, Who created all beings and Has purpose for all without mistakes.
Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by Omololu001: 8:30am On Nov 22, 2018
ollah2:

Who and how the school was built doesn't mean much. We all know how missionary schools were built but they are funded by government now. A link that been provided to confirm the school been private which nullifies their protest
well, any Muslim girl that put on hijab are not allowed into the school premises and I can assure you that's how it is as at now.

It's either you flow with the school rules or you change your school.

And you don't seem to know UI, go and ask about the cross issue that happened in UI during the tenure of IBB(not so sure sha) the school management will stand their ground.

1 Like

Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by Amumaigwe: 8:30am On Nov 22, 2018
herkeem:

Adesanjo Oyejide.

What about getting enrolled in such schools where the pupils will be free to practice their religious beliefs without controversy? Circulating a Muslim pupil amongst other unbelieving pupils and teachers portend greater danger to Islam and the pupil's faith than just removing hijab. Don't you think so?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

"Nigerian Scam" Used As A Lecture Topic In An American University: Pics & Video / JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents / Throwback Photo Of ABU Zaria 8 Months Before Its Commissioning In 1962

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.