Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,936 members, 7,890,084 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 09:01 AM

A Passionate Letter To Nigeria Youths - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Passionate Letter To Nigeria Youths (406 Views)

An Open Passionate Letter To My Fellow Igbos / A Passionate Letter To Buhari On Omar Farouq Convicted by Sharia Court In Kano / Yemi Osinbajo: 3 Lagos Road Projects He's Passionate About & The Contractors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Passionate Letter To Nigeria Youths by technuel: 3:49am On Nov 23, 2018
With pain that flows like a flood I pen this passionate letter to my fellow Nigerian youth. You are a Nigerian youth you have no job and you are comfortably watching TV, chatting on social media and chuckling as if all is well only to be kissed by hunger in the night. At a time you have even thrown your certificate to the dust bin and all you are looking for is a menial job that will sustain you and you think all is well with your country. I have seen Nigerian youth in their survival mode in the length and breath of this country and it is a story of how sweat mixed with blood for a purpose to be achieved, many went through the desert and died trying to cross over to the land of opportunities, many have died in the Mediterranean sea. Many who survived to cross over are now biting their hand in captivity because the land that they thought was filled with milk ams honey was nothing but a sorrow village where ones eyes will pull out after crying heavily all through the day.

Do we as Nigeria youth deserve such a worthless life in the mist of the abundant endowment our country is blessed with, among all the country who have the most cherished treasure of the earth which is oily, how many of them are going through the kind of pain we are passing through. Many of our OPEC counterparts can boast of social security and welfare scheme but what do we have nothing. No affordable housing scheme, no academic support system as you all know ASUU is still on strike, no adequate social health care welfare scheme that can carter for the very poor people.
Every day I go through posts supposedly by the youth whose future are been gambled with on how they have atikulated or how they have decided to stand with Buhari knowing truly well that these men are the architect of their suffering, I always shook my head in disdain.
My fellow Nigeria youth from north, South, East and west is it not right time we stand gallant and reclaim what belonged to us. Why has the youth suddenly gone Lazy?, this was not the way Nnamdi Azikiwe and other nationalist fought for their dear country when they were youth. Let us throw away tribalism aside and come together to speak with a resounding voice that will send the vains of our oppressors who are our so called leaders quivering. We have one enemy and that is the present crop of Nigerian politician. They are our oppressors, they steal our common wealth and spend it in a foreign country, their children gets the best education abroad while over here we have no option but to attend a school with poor finding and educational system. No industries are built, no hope for graduates we have nothing to show for our years of existence in Nigeria.
We must Stand up and take our righful position because the future belongs to us not the old politician who are few inches away from their grave. We must all codemn them and throw their sins to their face we must retire all of them and male them pay for these years of agonies.
But my fear! Can Nigeria youth be serious to look the enemy in the face and spit on them when they will come with peanut during this campaign era.
Enough is Enough
#LetstakebackNigeria
#politiciansareourenemy

1 Like

Re: A Passionate Letter To Nigeria Youths by Dami12345: 4:13am On Nov 23, 2018
You have identified the problem.
What do we do?.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Passionate Letter To Nigeria Youths by allthingsgood: 4:19am On Nov 23, 2018
Your enemy is not politicians, for they are merely a reflection of society just like any other profession. Your enemy is greed, corruption and a culture of impunity. No matter who we elect the story will always remain the same. Except we begin to change our behaviour and attitude.
Re: A Passionate Letter To Nigeria Youths by technuel: 4:27am On Nov 23, 2018
Dami12345:
You have identified the problem.
What do we do?.
Retire the oppressors through revolution vote, we must get it right this time or never. One thing many people don't know is that PDP and APC are all the same, they are just playing on our intelligence. Their priority is what they would gain and not the interest of the country.
Re: A Passionate Letter To Nigeria Youths by technuel: 4:35am On Nov 23, 2018
allthingsgood:
Your enemy is not politicians, for they are merely a reflection of society just like any other profession. Your enemy is greed, corruption and a culture of impunity. No matter who we elect the story will always remain the same. Except we begin to change our behaviour and attitude.

I don't quite agree with you, if we have a Strong institution it can go a long way to curb or reduce greed, corruption and culture of impunity. For instance if a politician knows that once he steals the likelihood of his prosecution and conviction are 100% he will be careful while in office because the law does not smile at him. Now our politicians knows about how weak our institutions are and how it will aid them to continue looting without remorse. So we need a total onerhaul of the whole institution and this will not be done by politicians who have tested our national cake they can not let go.
Re: A Passionate Letter To Nigeria Youths by ipobarethieves: 4:45am On Nov 23, 2018
typing. .......,.......
Re: A Passionate Letter To Nigeria Youths by Dami12345: 4:59am On Nov 23, 2018
technuel:

Retire the oppressors through revolution vote, we must get it right this time or never. One thing many people don't know is that PDP and APC are all the same, they are just playing on our intelligence. Their priority is what they would gain and not the interest of the country.

Exactly.
To be frank do you think people will listen or follow logic?
Re: A Passionate Letter To Nigeria Youths by cenaman(m): 5:48am On Nov 23, 2018
do i just hear you said let stand together? hmmm....our IPOB brothers will not agree with you oo, they said we re not one Nigeria. remember the IPOB said they don't want buhari or anybody from the north or west to rule them, the same IPOB are now Atiefculating (sorry aticulating) up and down.
Re: A Passionate Letter To Nigeria Youths by allthingsgood: 7:00am On Nov 23, 2018
technuel:

I don't quite agree with you, if we have a Strong institution it can go a long way to curb or reduce greed, corruption and culture of impunity. For instance if a politician knows that once he steals the likelihood of his prosecution and conviction are 100% he will be careful while in office because the law does not smile at him. Now our politicians knows about how weak our institutions are and how it will aid them to continue looting without remorse. So we need a total onerhaul of the whole institution and this will not be done by politicians who have tested our national cake they can not let go.

U cannot have strong institutions if everybody is corrupt. Institutions are not manned by robots. They are manned by people, and the typical Nigerian person is born with greed, selfishness and corruption. No matter how strong the institution is, it is corrupt people that ultimately make the decision on who should be prosecuted, found guilty and go to jail. In Nigeria those decisions are for sale
Re: A Passionate Letter To Nigeria Youths by technuel: 7:45am On Nov 23, 2018
allthingsgood:

U cannot have strong institutions if everybody is corrupt. Institutions are not manned by robots. They are manned by people, and the typical Nigerian person is born with greed, selfishness and corruption. No matter how strong the institution is, it is corrupt people that ultimately make the decision on who should be prosecuted, found guilty and go to jail. In Nigeria those decisions are for sale

Cultural and attitudinal rebirth is a priority we also pursue. My organization will soon emabrk on a campaign tour in primary and secondary schools across Nigeria. But at the moment we must do away with the present crop of our politician, don't forget that all of them are recycled. Now let me tell you how strong institution can help out here, if politics in Nigeria has not been made to be as lucrative as it is do you think they will be there. The answer is No then the crop of leaders with powerful ideas that are ready to serve will emanate.
Re: A Passionate Letter To Nigeria Youths by Bizmagnet: 8:57am On Nov 23, 2018
Even the youth need change of mindset.

Do you want quality blogs, websites or softwares for your ideas, companies, schools, churches and businesses?

WhatsApp me today on: 081 two three four 199 six seven
Re: A Passionate Letter To Nigeria Youths by allthingsgood: 9:00am On Nov 23, 2018
technuel:

Cultural and attitudinal rebirth is a priority we also pursue. My organization will soon emabrk on a campaign tour in primary and secondary schools across Nigeria. But at the moment we must do away with the present crop of our politician, don't forget that all of them are recycled. Now let me tell you how strong institution can help out here, if politics in Nigeria has not been made to be as lucrative as it is do you think they will be there. The answer is No then the crop of leaders with powerful ideas that are ready to serve will emanate.

Lol. I doubt. I highly doubt that. Thatsvjust wishful thinking. The take home pay of politicians is not d only problem. That's not even the corruption. Why bother with salary, wen one can get cutbacks, bribes and other illegal benefits easily from contractors, consultants and govt agencies. There is no way u will make politics unlucrative cos contractors must still be approved and paid by somebody

(1) (Reply)

Allow Me To Go Into Sambisa Forest To Destroy Boko Haram - House Of Rep., Gudaji / Watch Video Of Thugs Set Cars Ablaze In Akwa Ibom State House Of Assembly / HOT!! Timi Frank To Lai: Nigerians Will Elect Atiku As President Not Americans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.