Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,841 members, 7,872,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:00 PM

Surviving Soldiers Accuse Military Authorities Of Procuring Obsolete Weapons - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Surviving Soldiers Accuse Military Authorities Of Procuring Obsolete Weapons (38441 Views)

Soldiers Protest Over Unpaid Allowances, Obsolete Equipment In Borno / Sunday Igboho Apprehends Soldiers, Accuse FG Of Spying On Him (Photos) / Despite Buhari’s $1bn Approval For Arms, Soldiers Lament Obsolete Weapons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Surviving Soldiers Accuse Military Authorities Of Procuring Obsolete Weapons by sotall(m): 8:13am On Nov 25, 2018
Ok
Re: Surviving Soldiers Accuse Military Authorities Of Procuring Obsolete Weapons by Nobody: 8:13am On Nov 25, 2018
Buhari rode to power on the wave of being a no nonsense ex military huncho, as well as an anti corruption czar. Recent events have shown that this man was clearly overrated.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Surviving Soldiers Accuse Military Authorities Of Procuring Obsolete Weapons by gurunlocker: 8:13am On Nov 25, 2018
Hope zombies and BMCs can now see what I'm saying?

Those crazy service chiefs, majors, captains are becoming richer with the fund which was supposed to be used in arming the fighting soldiers, but they will rather buy a plastered AK 47 to fight Boko Haram.

And many of those Generals will be praying this doesn't end.

4 Likes

Re: Surviving Soldiers Accuse Military Authorities Of Procuring Obsolete Weapons by Nobody: 8:14am On Nov 25, 2018
Who cares??
Re: Surviving Soldiers Accuse Military Authorities Of Procuring Obsolete Weapons by TEDHorsePower: 8:14am On Nov 25, 2018
The Nation Newspaper has whitewashed the report. I watched the video, there was no where they mentioned Innoson, now they have added it in their report.

Overall, Bubu has failed

4 Likes

Re: Surviving Soldiers Accuse Military Authorities Of Procuring Obsolete Weapons by RealityShot: 8:16am On Nov 25, 2018
This is the corruption that the military brought into this country...
Now it is biting them hard...

PLEASE quietly take your meds- you started it.

If you guys can't fight corruption WHO CAN?

#iStandWithBuhari
#BuhariTill2023
Re: Surviving Soldiers Accuse Military Authorities Of Procuring Obsolete Weapons by Respect55(m): 8:17am On Nov 25, 2018
MajorJeffery:
Sadly, that can't happen without severe consequences. Enlisting in the military is like signing a suicide note, no retreat and no surrender until the contract ends. Problem with Nigeria military is too much politics and corruption. I remember working with some of them on few occasions and how they were novices to some of the gadgets my men and I had. Truth is that they were good but only lacked proper training and gadgets to be gallant. I weep for my home country Nigeria.
I have seen a soldier who ran away bro. Today he is living peacefully. He is my uncle

8 Likes

Re: Surviving Soldiers Accuse Military Authorities Of Procuring Obsolete Weapons by gare(f): 8:18am On Nov 25, 2018
sarrki:
There is more to this Boko-Haram carnage

Both Apc and Pdp Leaders Know fully well about it

It’s a pity that the suffering masses that doesn’t enjoy anything from the government are those feeling the heat

Guy Leave PDP out of it, for once have the balls to blame your pay masters, Is it still not glaring that this Government has failed what else do you want then to justify the failure, $1 Billion was released for the fight against Boko Haram, but here the soldiers complain that the weapons are obsolete.

APC is in Power so you do not need them to share in failure of PDP, was is it PDP that released the $i Billion ?

11 Likes

Re: Surviving Soldiers Accuse Military Authorities Of Procuring Obsolete Weapons by Ttipsy(f): 8:18am On Nov 25, 2018
Nonsense
Re: Surviving Soldiers Accuse Military Authorities Of Procuring Obsolete Weapons by banio: 8:19am On Nov 25, 2018
What an irony. Boko Haram with little funding could buy modern weapons while our FG can't buy sophisticated modern weapons.

What an inglorious glory.

2 Likes

Re: Surviving Soldiers Accuse Military Authorities Of Procuring Obsolete Weapons by ZorGBUooeh: 8:19am On Nov 25, 2018
ifyalways:
What brought Innoson into the lamentation?

Innoson dey produce gun or RPG?

Don't mind the idiots looking for flimsy excuse for dere failure.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Surviving Soldiers Accuse Military Authorities Of Procuring Obsolete Weapons by chudi55: 8:20am On Nov 25, 2018
Choi only the python dance carry the original weapon in the east.. burutai is the bokoharaam making huge of money from them
Re: Surviving Soldiers Accuse Military Authorities Of Procuring Obsolete Weapons by sarrki(m): 8:22am On Nov 25, 2018
gare:

Guy Leave PDP out of it, for once have the balls to blame your pay masters, Is it still not glaring that this Government has failed what else do you want then to justify the failure, $1 Billion was released for the fight against Boko Haram, but here the soldiers complain that the weapons are obsolete.

APC is in Power so you do not need them to share in failure of PDP, was is it PDP that released the $i Billion ?

How can we leave Pdp that ruined our economy for 16 year

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Surviving Soldiers Accuse Military Authorities Of Procuring Obsolete Weapons by Zaikon(m): 8:23am On Nov 25, 2018
Racoon:
[s][/s]

Thrash! "Any fight against BH is a fight against the north"-M.Buhari.So don't make any excuse for him.He have nothing to offer.

Meanwhile it's his constitutional responsibility to fish them out irrespective of which factors you want to rationalize it.
Jonathan once said "they are our brothers"
Re: Surviving Soldiers Accuse Military Authorities Of Procuring Obsolete Weapons by Born2Breed(f): 8:28am On Nov 25, 2018
sarrki:

http://thenationonlineng.net/metele-attack-surviving-soldiers-accuse-military-authorities-of-procuring-obsolete-weapons/

Remove Buhari today and you will call Dasukigate a childs play compared to what Buhari has stolen in less than 4yrs.

5 Likes

Re: Surviving Soldiers Accuse Military Authorities Of Procuring Obsolete Weapons by Pidginwhisper: 8:28am On Nov 25, 2018
dokie:

So a soldier cannot resign?
If you try it, you'll be probably get court- martialled. And when this happens. It's either you're killed or jailed in underground cell where you're likely to die. Should you run to the neighbouring countries.They'll capture you and hand you over to your country's military. You'd get killed.

2 Likes

Re: Surviving Soldiers Accuse Military Authorities Of Procuring Obsolete Weapons by gare(f): 8:29am On Nov 25, 2018
sarrki:

How can we leave Pdp that ruined our economy for 16 year

You see that is the Problem with you guys, and that is why we have not seen any progress, because instead of moving ahead you keep looking backwards, and see what you backward looking has caused us, whatever happened with PDP 16 yrs is long gone, we have to move on, you guys should get that into your skulls, the only thing is what lessons have we learnt from the PDP 16 yrs, and we do things differently.

But I dont see that happening now, APC is even worse than PDP, they have not learnt anything at all, from what you have seen so far is the $1 Billion released for the fight justified ? If the soldiers are complain of using Obsolete weapons.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Surviving Soldiers Accuse Military Authorities Of Procuring Obsolete Weapons by ifyboy60(m): 8:29am On Nov 25, 2018
sarrki:

It’s a pity that the suffering masses that doesn’t enjoy anything from the government are those feeling the heat

bros, jeje blame APC and stop sharing blames upandan.

4 Likes

Re: Surviving Soldiers Accuse Military Authorities Of Procuring Obsolete Weapons by theoldpretender(m): 8:31am On Nov 25, 2018
The thing is, this is not a war like the Nigerian Civil war...where there were formal fronts,and well defined battle lines.

I should point out that the Nigerian Army has done well against Boko....in 2014,Boko boys were virtually in control of Borno,Yobe, some parts of Adamawa,and even extending into Bauchi....but now...they are confined to the north east of Borno.

Boko,however,is not your typical Army....they are fighting asymetirc warfare.And the best way to fight asymetric warfare is by fighting back the same way.

In the 1970'S the racist government of Rhodesia (now Zimbabwe)was losing the war against the Liberation forces of ZANU and ZAPU. Their response was to form an asymetric warfare unit known as the Selous Scouts.

Some special characteristics of the Scouts.

1.They were an integrated group. (Whites and blacks could join.There were also black officers commanding white soldiers.)
2.A key part of their training involved infiltration.
3.Also, they took in former freedom fighters and turned them to the side of the government.

The result...the Scouts had a higher success rate than many other units of the Rhodesian armedforces....including the all white Rhodesian Light Infantry.

Now, we have our own special forces....I wonder if they can infintrate Boko...and cause confusion.

One more thing...I suspect the attack on Malete was conducted by hundreds of Boko boys...who concentrated their efforts on that tiny outpost. That is how people like Boko operate...and indeed have operated...attack a small millitary outpost....kill lots ofpeople...and cart away weapons.Job done...especially in the area of psychological terror.

(Same way they operated under PDP is the same way they are operating under APC....which to meproves that Boko was never in anyone'spocket.....We are all in this toghether....Southerners or Northerners.).

Infact, Boko's key aim is to sow discord. See...it works. Rumors are now spreading about 'obsolete equipment, poorly trained soldiers,poorly motivated soldiers,and Christian cannon fodder (my personal favourite)>

As Sun TZU said...Kill one and frighten 10000. (Kill 77....)

At this point....I would like to say that we Nigerians shouldput aside politics and religion and fight this Boko menance with all we got. Whether we get a new government in 2019 or not...to fight and destroy Boko is a task that must be done.

And we must also fight the Boko in our communites. In many Nigerian communites...there are large numbers of unemployed and underused youths. These guys are potential Boko Haram . And they are not all Muslims or Christians....they are the result of systemic neglect by government at alllevels of the youth of this country. It is high time we mounted a crusade against youth unemployment and underdevelopment in tis countiry...before we have our version of Boko Haram in our neighbourhoods.....

14 Likes

Re: Surviving Soldiers Accuse Military Authorities Of Procuring Obsolete Weapons by brodalokie: 8:31am On Nov 25, 2018
Na were politics never enter? So the disciplinarian boss don't know their onions?
Re: Surviving Soldiers Accuse Military Authorities Of Procuring Obsolete Weapons by ifyboy60(m): 8:32am On Nov 25, 2018
ifyalways:
In saner climes, Yes. Dunno about Nigerian Army.
u can only resign when you have not been posted to the war front. if u are in active service, u can't resign in any country.
Re: Surviving Soldiers Accuse Military Authorities Of Procuring Obsolete Weapons by Ventura1: 8:33am On Nov 25, 2018
When Sowore said he'll sack top military army General's, some people were castigating him.

4 Likes

Re: Surviving Soldiers Accuse Military Authorities Of Procuring Obsolete Weapons by namsythegreat: 8:35am On Nov 25, 2018
ATIKU ABUBAKAR BIRTHDAY IS TODAY: http://teamreworknigeria.org

Re: Surviving Soldiers Accuse Military Authorities Of Procuring Obsolete Weapons by theoldpretender(m): 8:35am On Nov 25, 2018
banio:
What an irony. Boko Haram with little funding could buy modern weapons while our FG can't buy sophisticated modern weapons.

What an inglorious glory.

In 2012,the Libyan government collapsed and a lot of weapons ,advanced weapons that Ghaddafi had ammased for his army fell into the hands of criminals and thugs.

Some of them have found their way to Boko.

Plus...Boko engages in attacking markets in the North East, attacking herdsmen and stealing their cows.(which is why many herdsmen are mighrating down South,and crisis is resulting), and so on. Provides loot...which can be exchanged for weaponry.

And Boko signed an aggrement with IS....meaning access to IS' wealth of experience and tactics fighting Western and Russian forces in the middleEast.....
Re: Surviving Soldiers Accuse Military Authorities Of Procuring Obsolete Weapons by AmazingELixir: 8:35am On Nov 25, 2018
sarrki:

Leave PDP out of it... it's an APC affair now!

APC should take responsibility for this disaster and make remediation that's how serious governments roll.

6 Likes

Re: Surviving Soldiers Accuse Military Authorities Of Procuring Obsolete Weapons by chiedozie198100: 8:35am On Nov 25, 2018
MajorJeffery:
Sadly, that can't happen without severe consequences. Enlisting in the military is like signing a suicide note, no retreat and no surrender until the contract ends. Problem with Nigeria military is too much politics and corruption. I remember working with some of them on few occasions and how they were novices to some of the gadgets my men and I had. Truth is that they were good but only lacked proper training and gadgets to be gallant. I weep for my home country Nigeria.

And u r who exactly?
Re: Surviving Soldiers Accuse Military Authorities Of Procuring Obsolete Weapons by chiedozie198100: 8:37am On Nov 25, 2018
SolutionMee:
cheesy

Is that enough reason why you should intentionally submit yourselves to be killed by Boko Haram militia? Don't you guys know that you're constituting nuisance and destroying the image of this great nation abroad? My friends here were making fun of me due to your incompetence.

If at all the government weren't buying you latest ammunitions, can't you guys afford that with your salaries? At least, you're getting paid. The government will not always be there for us. Since you've vowed to defend your country in any situation, you shouldn't be too stingy to buy yourselves some riffles to get rid of a more dangerous enemy.

Demonic possession is real guys.

1 Like

Re: Surviving Soldiers Accuse Military Authorities Of Procuring Obsolete Weapons by odigbosky(m): 8:40am On Nov 25, 2018
war is good business. in war, weapons companies make profit and corrupt politicians make money also. There is always a coporate side to every war. i watched that video and i saw Boko Haram fighters in uniform like their taliban counterparts in Afghanistan. They had RPG's and they had trucks and other war equipments. You see, the government approach to fighting these Boko guys is obsolete. By now we still depend on neighboring countries for 90% of information concerning BH activities in their countries. By now our secret service and military intelligence should be sleeping in Chad and Niger republic. Where do Boko boys get their trucks, who supplies them ammunition, who gives them uniform. Even though the ISI of Pakistan has its fault she is dreaded in dealing with terror cells in the country. The war on Terror is different from conventional warfare. The enemy lives around you and if you don't think like them, you just become a prey...

RIP to those who fell that we may remain standing..

4 Likes

Re: Surviving Soldiers Accuse Military Authorities Of Procuring Obsolete Weapons by tiredoflife(m): 8:41am On Nov 25, 2018
SolutionMee:
cheesy

Is that enough reason why you should intentionally submit yourselves to be killed by Boko Haram militia? Don't you guys know that you're constituting nuisance and destroying the image of this great nation abroad? My friends here were making fun of me due to your incompetence.

If at all the government weren't buying you latest ammunitions, can't you guys afford that with your salaries? At least, you're getting paid. The government will not always be there for us. Since you've vowed to defend your country in any situation, you shouldn't be too stingy to buy yourselves some riffles to get rid of a more dangerous enemy.

So soldiers should buy weapons with their salaries
To u weapons are sticks and ropes abi

I pity those who even liked the comment

5 Likes

Re: Surviving Soldiers Accuse Military Authorities Of Procuring Obsolete Weapons by SouthEastFacts: 8:42am On Nov 25, 2018
Is Innoson a Defence Contractor? Buhari is evil
Re: Surviving Soldiers Accuse Military Authorities Of Procuring Obsolete Weapons by Hamid7(m): 8:42am On Nov 25, 2018
sarrki:

http://thenationonlineng.net/metele-attack-surviving-soldiers-accuse-military-authorities-of-procuring-obsolete-weapons/

“All the equipment are not working. When it fired two shots it stopped. All the weapons are obsolete and bought during Shagari(1979-1983).
Nigeria is "technically incapacitated"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lai Mohammed: "We Lost Twitter Headquarters To Ghana Due To EndSARS Protest" / Photos From President's Jonathan's Visit To Maiduguri Today / Niger Delta Kids Are Drinking Polluted Water Because Of Oil Spillage (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.