Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,816 members, 7,872,736 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:53 PM

Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South - Politics (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South (76178 Views)

Soldiers On High Alert In Abuja Over Reports Of Planned Attack On the Capital / Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St / This Is Why Edo State Should Be Removed From SS Zone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South by Nobody: 6:09pm On Nov 28, 2018
davidnazee:

Chai Igbo man desperately looking for access to Ocean, access to seaport, access to agricultural lands.. nothing for una.. ur Biafra will remain just the 5 landlocked states, you are stuck there, that is your destiny. SS belongs to the Edo nation, we will even take back Onitsha because it is our spoils of war.
You go fear attachment na lol
Re: Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South by Nobody: 6:48pm On Nov 28, 2018
fero007:

bikho urhobo, isoko, epie are not edo o

though i agree that edo is SS

lets avoid d biafra topic, its becoming too much on this site
they are Edo. Learn the meaning of the word "Edo".
Re: Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South by Nobody: 6:59pm On Nov 28, 2018
IloveToMess:

So you still want to argue with me with fact the Edo boy. I am Igbo and if you are not possessed by witches of Edo and you think objectively you would notice that all those names you mentioned are Igbo names. Mike Okiro is from Oguta LGA in Imo State and same name with Melfred Okilo, just as we have Ebele and Ebere, Okoro and Okolo.

Agiain Do you know there is Egbema in Rivers and Egbema in Imo, and before you call in coincidence it is infact the same land that is divided into two, one in Rivers and one in Imo. Please you are wasting your time trying to divide us, we know how many we are and Edo is definitely not in the picture. Chibuike Amaechi said he is IGBOMAN IGBOMAN IGBOMAN IGBOMAN IGBO IGBO IGBOOOOOOOOOO... He even warned Igbos not to deny his Igboness.

Attaching everything to Ibo has always been the issue of you guys.
Soon Trump will be Ibo as well.

Abeg who do you this thing? You are the most deluded Ibo man on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South by lawani: 7:02pm On Nov 28, 2018
prolog2:
they are Edo. Learn the meaning of the word "Edo".
They are edoid not Edo just like igala are yoruboid not yoruba
Re: Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South by Born2Breed(f): 7:07pm On Nov 28, 2018
wizzakosh:
This idiotic fool wirh smelly pussy would uave made sense had she not mention yoruba. May hatred you all have for yorubas sends all of you to early grave.

Another ninny from the cesspit of ignominy. If you are not a dunce you would have asked if the OP is not a yoruba. The idiotic fools here are you and those hiding under the moniker of another tribe to cause confusion.
Re: Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South by totit: 7:13pm On Nov 28, 2018
Born2Breed:

Another ninny from the cesspit of ignominy. If you are not a dunce you would have asked if the OP is not a yoruba. The idiotic fools here are you and those hiding under the moniker of another tribe to cause confusion.

You fail to read in between the lines , ba? Or it is just chose to turn a blind eye to the reality or what has been happening on this thread ? The dude is not Yoruba but ibo. He's been insulting Yoruba on this thread right from the start stop this face saving tactics. angry

2 Likes

Re: Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South by Born2Breed(f): 7:13pm On Nov 28, 2018
kotv:

Do you mind them. They are now stylishly trying to include Ijaws in this useless topic. Bastards

They are cowards. They have always been and will always be.
Re: Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South by Nobody: 7:14pm On Nov 28, 2018
lawani:

They are edoid not Edo just like igala are yoruboid not yoruba
They are Edo. Igala being "yoruboid" ? Explain yourself. What do you refer to as "Edoid" and what do you refer to as "yoruboid" ? Also notice "Yoruba" is a new name which was born in the late 19th century. I think you don't understand what being an Edo means. The fact that a part of Benin Kingdom is now carrying the name Edo-state seems to have a lot of you guys confused. The people of Benin Kingdom as shown by precolonial maps are called Edo. Just like the people of France are called french and the people of England are called British. Also Benin Kingdom was a vast kingdom whose capital is Benin City. I say this because you Nigerians mix everything up. Also Benin republic was called dahomey until the 1970's when it changed its name to that of Benin (therefore copying our name).
Re: Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South by Dedetwo(m): 7:15pm On Nov 28, 2018
abc115:
Political Capital of the North is Kaduna, not Sokoto.
Political Capital of the West is Ibadan, not Lagos.
While Edo and Delta were part of the Western Region before creation of Mid-Western State with Benin City as the Capital.
The other South South States of Bayelsa,Rivers,Cross Rivers and Akwa Ibom were part of Eastern Region.

Based on majority sake, the capital of the so-called south-south should emerge from either Bayelsa, Rivers, Cross Rivers or Akwa Ibom.
In this case, I say Igwe Ocha (PH).

1 Like

Re: Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South by lawani: 7:27pm On Nov 28, 2018
prolog2:
They are Edo. Igala being "yoruboid" ? Explain yourself. What do you refer to as "Edoid" and what do you refer to as "yoruboid" ? Also notice "Yoruba" is a new name which was born in the late 19th century.
Edo are an ethnic group the bini and other ethnic groups related by language are edoid. The languages are not mutually intelligible
Re: Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South by Born2Breed(f): 7:27pm On Nov 28, 2018
totit:

You fail to read in between the lines , ba? Or it is just chose to turn a blind eye to the reality or what has been happening on this thread ? The dude is not Yoruba but ibo. He's been insulting Yoruba on this thread right from the start stop this face saving tactics. angry

Do you even comprehend what you wrote? The is thread is all about insulting the Edo's.
Read his other topic mayhaps you will be able to deduce his tactics.
He is a yoruba, period!!!
Re: Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South by totit: 7:30pm On Nov 28, 2018
Born2Breed:

Do you even comprehend what you wrote? The is thread is all about insulting the Edo's.
Read his other topic mayhaps you will be able to deduce his tactics.
He is a yoruba, period!!!

Prove to us with concrete fact that he's Yoruba ?? If fail to then you must be Judas on this thread. I know the dude very very well. I mean, very well and I know he's far from being Yoruba. I even know his alternate moniker. I am Yoruba and I have been defending both the interest of my tribe and Edo people here. How dare you insult a whole tribe because of one stupid person who's far from being Yoruba ?

Shm

2 Likes

Re: Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South by Nobody: 7:33pm On Nov 28, 2018
lawani:

Edo are an ethnic group the bini and other ethnic groups related by language are edoid. The languages are not mutually intelligible
Nope, Edo is a people, the citizens of Benin Kingdom and that is an ethnic group, you are talking about subgroups. The people of Benin Kingdom are not defined by a single language besides I doubt you speak any of these very similar languages, yet you claim they are not mutually intelligeable. What you are using is not a logical criterion and it is false. People's ethnicity is not defined by the language they speak, rather it is defined by their history. I am not talking about your usual Nigerian fairytale of odudwa dropping from the sky or igbo coming from Israel, I am talking about true history with proof, not your made up stories.
You are yet to give a logical explanation to what you refer to as "Edoid" and what you refer to as "yoruboid". I doubt you even have any definition for these words. You know what, I am nigerianoid.
Re: Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South by Born2Breed(f): 7:43pm On Nov 28, 2018
prolog2:
the point is unarmed civilians rarely defeat armed and trained soldiers. You are the only people dumb enough to keep boasting about your armed and trained soldiers overpowering unarmed civilians.

This guy is baiting you and u fall for it.
Hardcoreedoman or whatever is the same person as ilovetomess.
Created the thread to cause disunity among the South South and you are falling for it.
These guys are cowards and its in their gene. Ignore them.

1 Like

Re: Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South by lawani: 7:43pm On Nov 28, 2018
prolog2:
Nope, Edo is a people, the citizens of Benin Kingdom and that is an ethnic group, you are talking about subgroups. The people of Benin Kingdom are not defined by a single language besides I doubt you speak any of the very similar languages, yet you claim they are not mutually intelligence. What you are using it as a sign not a logical criterion and it is false.
Bini had a lingua Franca which is the kind of Yoruba spoken in owo today still spoken in ugbodumila Delta State and was the language of onitsha. So will you say all those Yoruba language speakers in ancient bini we're Edo?. However linguists use Edo to mean bini and edoid to include urhobo, isoko, afemai and etc . Igala has been described by linguists as a Yoruba dialect.
Re: Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South by Nobody: 7:51pm On Nov 28, 2018
lawani:

Bini had a lingua Franca which is the kind of Yoruba spoken in owo today still spoken in ugbodumila Delta State and was the language of onitsha. So will you say all those Yoruba language speakers in ancient bini we're Edo?. However linguists use Edo to mean bini and edoid to include urhobo, isoko, afemai and etc
I am just wondering where you are getting your cheap drugs from. Which "lingua Franca" are you now talking about, Edo people speak Edo which has a lot of ramifications. No we never spoke any Yoruba language, your one-sidedness has made you forget or ignore that Owo was part of Benin Kingdom. Rather you have turned any similarity between the province and the center to mean we took it from Yoruba. Yoruba is a newly made group with no history so stop trying to say that the Edo with around a thousand year history derived from you people. And once again, linguists are not the judges of who belongs to which ethnicity, only history judges that. Most Jews in Europe don't speak yiddish, yet their ethnicity is "Jewish" right ? Most Italians in America don't speak Italian, yet their ethnicity is Italian, right ? Most Germans in French Alsace speak French and not German, yet their ethnicity is German, right ?
For the last time, Edo refers to the people of Benin Kingdom !
Re: Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South by Born2Breed(f): 7:57pm On Nov 28, 2018
totit:

Prove to us with concrete fact that he's Yoruba ?? If fail to then you must be Judas on this thread. I know the dude very very well. I mean, very well and I know he's far from being Yoruba. I even know his alternate moniker. I am Yoruba and I have been defending both the interest of my tribe and Edo people here. How dare you insult a whole tribe because of one stupid person who's far from being Yoruba ?

Shm

If only you can prove that thing is not a yoruba but ibo.
Re: Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South by lawani: 7:58pm On Nov 28, 2018
prolog2:
I am just wondering where you are getting your cheap drugs from. Which "lingua Franca" are you now talking about, Edo people speak Edo which has a lot of ramifications. No we never spoke any Yoruba language, your one-sidedness has made you forget or ignore that Owo was part of Benin Kingdom. Rather you have turned any similarity between the province and the center to mea we took it from Yoruba. Yoruba is a newly made group with no history so stop trying to say that the Edo with around a thousand year history derived from you people. And once again, linguists are not the judges of who belongs to which ethnicity, only history judges that.

You are very rude. Pls mind your language. No empire without a lingua Franca and Benin spoke Yoruba and named their towns Yoruba names ago onibode is agenebode you also have oghotun etc. Bini spoke yoruba

1 Like

Re: Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South by totit: 8:01pm On Nov 28, 2018
Born2Breed:

If only you can prove that thing is not a yoruba but ibo.

Thought you are going to prove me wrong, how you came about " he's Yoruba "?
Believe whatever you want to believe but just like I said earlier he's not Yoruba.

1 Like

Re: Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South by Nobody: 8:07pm On Nov 28, 2018
lawani:

You are very rude. Pls mind your language. No empire without a lingua Franca and Benin spoke Yoruba and named their towns Yoruba names ago onibode is agenebode you also have oghotun etc. Bini spoke yoruba
keep repeating that rubbish in your mentally unstable head untill you finally believe it. It is you outsiders who have always been trying to devide us Edo. You guys even go to the extent of claiming you know us better than we know ourselves, it is a pity your brains are too damaged to see how stupid you sound. For your info, if you hear a word in one language and it looks similar to a word in your language, it doesn't necessarily mean it was borrowed from your language, the reverse might just be the case, but you are too dumb and one-sided to understand this. Now how would a people with no history, no culture be the ones spreading their language to people with Rich history and culture ? That is beyond me ...
Re: Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South by Kombahifukperem: 8:07pm On Nov 28, 2018
prolog2:
keep repeating that rubbish in your mentally unstable head untill you finally believe it. It is you outsiders who have always been trying to decide us Edo. You guys even go to the extent of claiming you know us better than we know ourselves, it is a pity your brains are too damaged to see how stupid you sound.
Re: Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South by lawani: 8:12pm On Nov 28, 2018
When Nigeria breaks up many people's eyes will clear
Re: Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South by Nobody: 8:18pm On Nov 28, 2018
lawani:
When Nigeria breaks up many people's eyes will clear
yours especially.
Re: Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South by thatigboman: 9:31pm On Nov 28, 2018
HardcoreEdoman:
Sokoto is the home of the caliphate.

What about Abuja?
kaduna is the political capital of the north, while kano is the economic capital.
PH is the capital of SS
Re: Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South by IloveToMess: 9:57pm On Nov 28, 2018
totit:

Then while chose this mention instead of the former ? This shows you are pained and greedy hence you want to claim what isn't yours.

Anyway, continue claiming Bayelsa,PH , Delta state et al online. Sit your dirty yellow bombom there somewhere in aba be claiming another man's land. If you like claim Edo join but let me inform you those boys are not smiling oo .. They will skin you alive. cheesy

My friend stop consoling your foolish self boy. Edo is not SS and no one is claiming them, if you like wish for it to happen you are just pouring water on stone.. I have given you the list if Biafran states and that ends it. Go and kill yourself. You wish for Igbos to fight SS or what . Hehehe you will wait till you die. Igbos are strong and resilient and the civil war has already explained that for us but we and the SS are one..

Meanwhile lets focus on Philip Emeagwali, tell me if he foes not have a higher IQ than all Afonjas put together. Im waiting.
Re: Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South by Ifiokumo: 9:59pm On Nov 28, 2018
HardcoreEdoman:
Southwest has Lagos state
South east has Enugu
North has Sokoto.

Likely candidates for capital of south south.

Benin city in Edo state

Port Harcourt in river state

Warri in delta state.

The answer in Benin city, here's why.

Ikwerre(majority in river state is from present Edo)

Urhobo from Edo

Ishekri from Edo

Isoko from Edo, all in delta.

The present day Benin is strategically position in between north,east, south and west as a road to all regions.

Edo nation is currently ruling 3 states in Nigeria.

What do you think?

By the way ilage is part of the Edo nation, obj created us but that will be corrected

Please go and sleep

1 Like

Re: Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South by IloveToMess: 10:03pm On Nov 28, 2018
viscerion:

u ve problem o, u said SS pepo ve rejected edo but ure d only one im seeing shouting "edo is not SS"

hope u know they are igbos in igbanke in edo state, also ijaws n urhobos in edo

or if u mean d edoid tribes that means urhobo, isoko, ika in delta, epie in bayelsa, ahoada in rivers are not SS
You are not duly informed with all due respect but i'm not gonna dabble into this with you. You said i'm the only one that says Edo is not SS means you are an Edo person cos nobody devoid of bias would make such assertion. The first 10pages of this thread is filled with SS people denying Edo as SS and you did not see it.. You say Ika is Edo tells me all i need to know about you.
Re: Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South by IloveToMess: 10:05pm On Nov 28, 2018
dederocs:

Ignore the fool, he probably is a kid seeking attention, he is an unserious nomenclature, ignore him, don't you see his dumb moniker...

Mugu Edo is not SS . SS people have spoken and i concur. You are oduduwa, we dont want Islam in Biafra land biko go away and stop ranting like a mentally unstable dog.
Re: Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South by IloveToMess: 10:07pm On Nov 28, 2018
wizzakosh:
You go fear attachment na lol
Edo is not SS go pick your towel where you had your bath. tongue tongue

1 Share

Re: Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South by IloveToMess: 10:09pm On Nov 28, 2018
Ekinematics:

Attaching everything to Ibo has always been the issue of you guys.
Soon Trump will be Ibo as well.

Abeg who do you this thing? You are the most deluded Ibo man on nairaland.
If you like scream attachment from now till next century it changes nothing. Edo has never been SS and will never be Biafra. End of discussion.

Re: Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South by IloveToMess: 10:15pm On Nov 28, 2018
Born2Breed:

This guy is baiting you and u fall for it.
Hardcoreedoman or whatever is the same person as ilovetomess.
Created the thread to cause disunity among the South South and you are falling for it.
These guys are cowards and its in their gene. Ignore them.

My dear you have included my name means you are Edo. I am not causing any disunity among SS. I only stated categorically clear that Edo is not SS from day 1. And i am not the one that started it. Many true SS spoke and i concur. Thanks
Re: Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South by Nobody: 10:16pm On Nov 28, 2018
IloveToMess:

If you like scream attachment from now till next century it changes nothing. Edo has never been SS and will never be Biafra. End of discussion.

Currently Edo is in SS and no part of the SS is in your Biafra. Attache by fire by force grin
Tells a lot how much insignificant and unproductive your landlocked barren red mud SE states.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (50) (Reply)

General Murtala Mohammed's Burial And Corpse (Photos) / President Buhari Arrives In Lagos / 10 Things President Buhari Said In Live Broadcast On EndSARS Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.