Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,543 members, 7,885,235 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 06:22 AM

Which One Is Better: Divorce Or Marriage Without Happiness? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Which One Is Better: Divorce Or Marriage Without Happiness? (2519 Views)

How Some Ladies Are Destroying Their Marriage Without Knowing / Marriage Without Bride Price / Best Way To Divorce Or Get Rid Of My Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which One Is Better: Divorce Or Marriage Without Happiness? by likeme(m): 12:33pm On Jul 30, 2010
I have read several post on Nairaland, I have also witness a lot of UNHAPPY couples around, I have always asked rhetorically, which one is better DIVORCE and be happy and free or stay and groom kids in an unhappy environment?
(a lot of times the kids knows that there is no love between Daddy and Mummy, sometimes Husband and wife will engage in serious fight and assault in front of the kids)
Also which one will be better for the KIDS? To grow up with separated parents or grow up in an aggresssive home.

Honest Opinion please
Re: Which One Is Better: Divorce Or Marriage Without Happiness? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jul 30, 2010
Divorce!!

You only get to live once. Why waste it unhappy?  undecided
Re: Which One Is Better: Divorce Or Marriage Without Happiness? by makajibbz(m): 12:57pm On Jul 30, 2010
of cos,diiiiiivvvvvvvoooorrrrrrcccceeee. wat a gay question. undecided
Re: Which One Is Better: Divorce Or Marriage Without Happiness? by Spyker: 4:32pm On Jul 30, 2010
Well, i prefer being alone with my kids than be with a woman i am not happy being with. Though my church does not permit divorce, for your question, i really think divorce is better.
Re: Which One Is Better: Divorce Or Marriage Without Happiness? by sjam(f): 6:45pm On Jul 30, 2010
Divorce, but only as a last resort. You have to give marriage your best shot and not give up too easily. But if you've tried and it aint working - end it and live life. Who wants to be unhappy for years on end?
Re: Which One Is Better: Divorce Or Marriage Without Happiness? by zayhal(f): 3:55pm On Jul 31, 2010
Ujujoan:

Divorce!!

spoke my mind
Re: Which One Is Better: Divorce Or Marriage Without Happiness? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jul 31, 2010
Re: Which One Is Better: Divorce Or Marriage Without Happiness? by sophy09: 7:59pm On Jul 31, 2010
Divorce is the easiest way out but how do you think children feel living separately from their parents. In a situation where there is no kids divorce will be the best bet but whereby you have kids you need to sacrifice and endure because of your children. If the guy is assaulting his wife and children, then the woman should get a divorce
Re: Which One Is Better: Divorce Or Marriage Without Happiness? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jul 31, 2010
Ujujoan:

Divorce!!

GBAMMMM!!!
Re: Which One Is Better: Divorce Or Marriage Without Happiness? by luap: 5:03pm On Aug 02, 2010
You left something out.  LOVE, divorce or happiness.

You can have love but still be unhappy,  if this is the case, stay married things will pass.

If no Love, and no happiness, then choose divorce.
Re: Which One Is Better: Divorce Or Marriage Without Happiness? by olabukola: 5:19pm On Aug 02, 2010
If you wont like to marry again after divorce, divorce is the best option after giving all you can but it did not work. But if you will want to marry again how do you know the new person wont be the worst. Its a double edge sword.

chaircover:

^^^^
Yes but how is one for certain that one will be happier after the divorce?
I know a situation like this one now. You are not happy being in the marriage and not happy being a divorcee. The worst part of it is the marriage was not upto 5 yrs b4 the divorce. Now one of them is looking for marriage badly.
To me divorce should be the last option and it is not suppose to be rushed. A shaky marriage can grow stronger in love after some yrs. I think children brings more love and joy to it.
Re: Which One Is Better: Divorce Or Marriage Without Happiness? by Outstrip(f): 8:42pm On Aug 02, 2010
chaircover:

^^^^

Yes but how is one for certain that one will be happier after the divorce?

Just a question Ive asked and am not saying that one should by all means remain in an extremly bad marriage but just food for thought.

In addition leaving with the idea that you will find a better relationship out there. Divorce should always be a last resort and leaving because of unhappiness is kind of strange because there has to be some underlying issues.
Re: Which One Is Better: Divorce Or Marriage Without Happiness? by rubi(f): 9:03pm On Aug 02, 2010
I don't believe in divorce b/c bible says I hate divorce neither do I believe in dying ahead of my time

It is always godd and encouraging for any woman to be a satisfied woman before entering into marriage. Money, husband cannot occupy that vaccum it is only God that can fill it. Thereby he will guide you with all deligent and give you peace

(1) (Reply)

12 Things You Were Not Told Before You Got Married / The DECISIVE Stage Of A Man's Life. / April Fool Has Ruined My Relationship. Help!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.