Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,794 members, 7,930,688 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 05:26 AM

Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! (46721 Views)

Pic: Little Girl Who Was Badly Burnt During Boko Haram Attack To Get Plastic Sur / How I Was Badly Treated After A Near Death Experience In An Ex-ministers Hotel / I'm Not Corrupt, I Pleaded Guilty To Save Nigeria's Image – Ibori (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (26) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by egoldman(m): 4:02pm On Apr 15, 2007
The day i would agree that igbos are the ones that spoil the name of Nigeria most would be the day that the rest of Nigeria ask the igbos to go and stay on their own ,until that happens all you hear from this igbos haters is nutting but pure crap ,they hate us because we are more progressive than them even in their own backyard we would come there and still progress , this why they hate us .
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by Jakumo(m): 5:01pm On Apr 15, 2007
Egoldman I agree with you that all Nigerians will continue to be regarded as internet fraudsters and narcotics smugglers until such time as the Nigerian state is dismembered into fragmented ethnic enclaves like the former Yugoslavia. 

If and when that occurs, perhaps a more accurate picture will finally emerge of precisely which tribal group is primarily responsible for the lions share of internet fraud, since by then all the former constituent tribes of Nigeria will carry their own passport that uniquely identifies them by culture and language.   

Meanwhile Nigerian air travelers would be well advised to wear nice clean underwear every time they arrive in a foreign airport, in preparation for a rubber-gloves body-cavity search necessitated by that "guilty until proven innocent" stigma assigned by the international community to ALL Nigerians on account of the criminal activities of SOME Nigerians who seem to spend every waking moment of their lives either stealing, planning to steal, or rationalizing theft as a career choice.
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by egoldman(m): 6:02pm On Apr 15, 2007
If and when that occurs, perhaps a more accurate picture will finally emerge of precisely which tribal group is primarily responsible for the lions share of internet fraud,
when such happens , then Nigeria would start to have good image abi ?
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by egoldman(m): 6:07pm On Apr 15, 2007
Egoldman I agree with you that all Nigerians will continue to be regarded as internet fraudsters and narcotics smugglers until such time as the Nigerian state is dismembered into fragmented ethnic enclaves like the former Yugoslavia.

plz remind me on what page of the thread where i emphasized this .
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by bodsibobo(m): 6:17pm On Apr 15, 2007
Hey everyone,

E be like say una don miss am. Wetin we dey talk; wetin some people dey talk? Abeg, who no get better to contribute make e go siddon!

You people should know that when you contribute to a public forum like this, you don't just write rubbish and make assertions that you cannot substantiate. Some comments here are so out of context and of no value-add.

I guess you assume people contributing here are people of shallow minds like you.

What we are driving at here is to call a spade a spade for the overall benefit of Nigeria and Nigerians any where we find ourselves in the world. Who cares if you live in space and earn cosmic dust; do you think Oprah would come on air and hold a show without having investigated all her facts?

Is it until the whole country's image degenerates beyond repair before people understand that their future and that of their children is at stake?
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by egoldman(m): 6:32pm On Apr 15, 2007
double post ; edited .
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by egoldman(m): 6:32pm On Apr 15, 2007
Is it until the whole country's image degenerates beyond repair before people understand that their future and that of their children is at stake?
the future of Nigeria is not at stake just only because of bad eggs among the igbo people ,it is this stupid assertion from the thread starter and your type that picked it that makes things looks as if its being taken out of context , we are not fools my friend, if you start a reasonable topic here we would deal with it in a matured way ,but when a thread is started in a way that makes a tribe look as if they are the sole reason why Nigeria is where it is today ,then you would surely expect what we have today with this thread .
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by raphy(m): 7:24pm On Apr 15, 2007
hi all
it is a shame som ppl are spoiling d name of 9geria sad all in dname of making money.
we have to join hands n promoted nameof our country not to tanish image.
fraudsters are every were but one day they will be caught angry
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by Amobi1(m): 8:22pm On Apr 15, 2007
Bleep Oprah. may be she can tell u.s why negroes steals 2much or why she got reach with out stealing. these bitches like showing off nawadays. i see y angele jolee wanted to kick her ass.
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by 9ja4eva: 8:42pm On Apr 15, 2007
LOL.Abeg no kill me with laf.
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by SEGUN2003(m): 9:22pm On Apr 15, 2007
My fellow Nigerians, do you know why Nigeria is in all these mess? Due to the fact that we are not united at all. It does not matter if someone who steals is a Yoruba, Hausa or Ibo guy. We are all nigerians, PERIOD. What we need to do is find the root of all these evil and cut it off. It saddens me to see people saying this was done by Ibo , Hausa or Yoruba. In thse place where I am when something happens, people use collective terms, they do not indidualize. I pray that one day we are all proud to be brothers( all of us and stop this rubbish of Hausa/Yourba/Ibo) When we reach this level our Nation will start growinu up in every aspect. May God/Allah bless Nigerians be he Yoruba, Hausa or Ibo.
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by SEGUN2003(m): 9:23pm On Apr 15, 2007
My fellow Nigerians, do you know why Nigeria is in all these mess? Due to the fact that we are not united at all. It does not matter if someone who steals is a Yoruba, Hausa or Ibo guy. We are all nigerians, PERIOD. What we need to do is find the root of all these evil and cut it off. It saddens me to see people saying this was done by Ibo , Hausa or Yoruba. In thse place where I am when something happens, people use collective terms, they do not indidualize. I pray that one day we are all proud to be brothers( all of us and stop this rubbish of Hausa/Yourba/Ibo)  When we reach this level our Nation will start growinu up in every aspect. May God/Allah bless Nigerians be he Yoruba, Hausa or Ibo.
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by Ekoja(m): 10:35pm On Apr 15, 2007
Oh thats right you guys!
Its so terrible for us here abroad. Am in Malaysia, you cant believe what this boys are doing here! They have messed up every country you can think of.  Even the incident in Singapore where a young kid was hanged over drug trafficking is an Ibo boy. Yeah they were saying the boy is innocent and all that but we all know what Nigerians can do right, there's no more good graces that can come from anywhere now for us again. This whites feel a sense of insecurity when they see a black person and suspect him/her to be a Nigerian.
Waiting for a train the other day, an Asian asked me and my cousin and friend if we were selling watches, we were wondering what he meant only then he said "some of your Nigerian brother sell stuffs faking that they are selling watches"! It was embarrassing.
One thing we don't know is that, this people are very keen watching us to fail during this elections and now that we have failed, trust me, thats it. Why do you think they still relate to us in a way? Cause of our rich oil resources and our peacing aid in this other crisis zones. Other than that, we are nothing! I mean nations like US and Britain.
You guys wont know it if you have not travelled out of Nigeria its terrible. My friends in France and Germany told me it was real terrible for them at first until they changed their passports.
Well, God will help us. Some of our very own brothers and sisters abroad have denied being citizens of Nigeria. I use to be proud of Nigeria but not any more! When our so called leaders in a way to loot our money again got over 1000 SUVs including the very love of my life (BMW X5). Men, its horrible out here being a Nigerian!
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by 9ja4eva: 10:47pm On Apr 15, 2007
Intelligent Post.I can never be ashamed of Nigeria.I am always proud to be a Nigerian.
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by ihcihc(f): 10:50pm On Apr 15, 2007
lets just pray that other countries dnt see us in this light
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by Ekoja(m): 11:15pm On Apr 15, 2007
9ja4eva:

Intelligent Post.I can never be ashamed of Nigeria.I am always proud to be a Nigerian.

Everybody is too! I understand what you mean. But are you telling me you don't know what is happening or are you benefiting in this acts or indulge in it too? By the way, which country are you at the moment?

I cant believe someone exists that is proud of evil acts and the people that do it!
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by shockreaction(m): 11:42pm On Apr 15, 2007
Hahaha! Hilarious.

Anyway, the way things are now, there is NO solution to the problem. Trust me. Until the corrupt leaders are wiped out (by whatever means necessary), we'll have to deal with the same pathetic issues over and over again.
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by Ekoja(m): 11:46pm On Apr 15, 2007
shockreaction:

Hahaha! Hilarious.

Anyway, the way things are now, there is NO solution to the problem. Trust me.

Yeah you can trust me on that brother! I bet you!
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by superman(m): 12:45am On Apr 16, 2007
Oh thats right you guys!
Its so terrible for us here abroad. Am in Malaysia, you can't believe what this boys are doing here! They have messed up every country you can think of.  Even the incident in Singapore where a young kid was hanged over drug trafficking is an Ibo boy. Yeah they were saying the boy is innocent and all that but we all know what Nigerians can do right, there's no more good graces that can come from anywhere now for us again. This whites feel a sense of insecurity when they see a black person and suspect him/her to be a Nigerian.
Waiting for a train the other day, an Asian asked me and my cousin and friend if we were selling watches, we were wondering what he meant only then he said "some of your Nigerian brother sell stuffs faking that they are selling watches"! It was embarrassing.
One thing we don't know is that, this people are very keen watching us to fail during this elections and now that we have failed, trust me, thats it. Why do you think they still
relate to us in a way? Cause of our rich oil resources and our peacing aid in this other crisis zones. Other than that, we are nothing! I mean nations like US and Britain.
You guys wont know it if you have not travelled out of Nigeria its terrible. My friends in France and Germany told me it was real terrible for them at first until they changed their passports.
Well, God will help us. Some of our very own brothers and sisters abroad have denied being citizens of Nigeria. I use to be proud of Nigeria but not any more! When our so called leaders in a way to loot our money again got over 1000 SUVs including the very love of my life (BMW X5). Men, its horrible out here being a Nigerian!

and your point is? some people mennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

are white ppl ashamed of themselves with due respect to slavery!
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by Sista(f): 12:48am On Apr 16, 2007
@Sweet T

Can you imagine This is one of the reasons i hate some Nigerians in the western world. They go back to Nigeria and pretend as if they work at the world bank. Ill-gotten wealth !!!

They are not in the western world when they do the scams, they are right there in Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by uzygirl(f): 12:49am On Apr 16, 2007
9ja4eva:

You can't help being ashamed oh. Our course advisor told the new students who resumed last term to beware of Nigerians. Guess who he was advising? Fellow Nigerians too.
Imagine, we are also in danger from our own kind.
I like Naija oh, but I dey shame sometimes.
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by Ekoja(m): 12:53am On Apr 16, 2007
superman:

are white people ashamed of themselves with due respect to slavery!

Are you sure you are following the topic at all?
Who the hell is this?

uzygirl:

You can't help being ashamed oh. Our course advisor told the new students who resumed last term to beware of Nigerians. Guess who he was advising? Fellow Nigerians too.
Imagine, we are also in danger from our own kind.
I like Naija oh, but I dey shame sometimes.

Thanks. you are a good representative! You get the gist!
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by Sista(f): 12:53am On Apr 16, 2007
@Superman

Not just slavery but the theft of other peoples land, Colonialism. Who do they think they are going around taking what does not belong to them and then pretending to be the angles of the world.

I am not making up an excuse for Nigerians but they have been taught very well how to do their scams by paying close attention to the scams white people ran on the whole of Africa. When one is hungry and one has to make a way for ones self, on is subjective to doing what one feels on has to do.

It is the greedy white people who already have money that let their self get suckered into these scams, that is the only reason why we are hearing about the Nigerian scams so much. If it was black people getting away with scamming each other, we would not hear about it but again, white people always want to pose as the innocent ones who have done no harm yet, they are the victims being targeted.
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by sisimose(f): 12:58am On Apr 16, 2007
does it really matter any more about our image? good or bad, cos no matter what if the west plays a tune and Any African nation does not dance to it then forget it. as for Oprah lets forget that, she does  shows about everything and i think she is quite fair. Worry more about the likes of BBC and CNN they are the buggers.

I dont think we as a nation do anything that has not been done by others before, what about the Ukrainians and co who do nothing but fake passports, the Japanese guys doing fake designer wears and experts at movie piracy? or the ones we don't hear of, the white , respectable looking English business men who do nothing but travel round with nothing but a GCSE under their belt and manage to blag their way to million and millions of naira worth contracts.

Abegi let us forget and just do our best those that are working should keep working. Enemies of progress shall not stand in the way of Nigeria's  future . ISE'
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by uzygirl(f): 1:02am On Apr 16, 2007
superman:

No more than we are ashamed of the ritual killings and canibalization that make up some cultures.

The truth is that we have a problem, and we can't do anything to make it better.
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by Sista(f): 1:04am On Apr 16, 2007
@Sisimose

does it really matter any more about our image? good or bad, because no matter what if the west plays a tune and Any African nation does not dance to it then forget it. as for Oprah lets forget that, she does shows about everything and i think she is quite fair. Worry more about the likes of BBC and CNN they are the buggers.

I don't think we as a nation do anything that has not been done by others before, what about the Ukrainians and co who do nothing but fake passports, the Japanese guys doing fake designer wears and experts at movie piracy? or the ones we don't hear of, the white , respectable looking English business men who do nothing but travel round with nothing but a GCSE under their belt and manage to blag their way to million and millions of naira worth contracts.

Abegi let us forget and just do our best those that are working should keep working. Enemies of progress shall not stand in the way of Nigeria's future . ISE'

Excellent post!

Why are we so worried about what other people think?
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by Chionyins(m): 1:04am On Apr 16, 2007
@jakumo,
Ok the 419s are mainly ibos by your assessment.
Kindly enlighten me what crime is mainly yorubas'?
what crime is mainly the midlle belt ethnic groups'?
what crime is mainly hausa/fulanis'?
I would appreciate your enlighten assessment on above

@egoldman,
i agree with your post as per having the state again.
I liken it to the way the jews had to be driven away from europe.
Can any one (Jakumo maybe you can also enlighten us here) please relate to:: the ibos been the jews of nigeria?
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by superman(m): 1:05am On Apr 16, 2007
sista!

u see these pl in here like to talk like they know what they are sayin but they dnt know jerk ! funny enough most of these technocrat in here are yoruba

i think some people need to come down to london and have a look how the yoruba are destroyin our image

i think this need to stop ! come to london and see how many yoruba brothers in the jail

lets call a spade a spade pl

enough shame

still me
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by sisimose(f): 1:06am On Apr 16, 2007
uzy
it will get better i have hope, once we get our government sorted, ppl will begin to change thier way of thinking and being. we should work at taking out all the bad elements, but like all things with the good comes the bad too. Our problems are far less than many and we have acheived more great things than we are given credit for, the credit will never come from foreigners just get that straight, that  is why we need to do the praise ourselves, lets stop joining these enemies of progress to over shadow the good stuff about us. Praise your own, it is worth it
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by superman(m): 1:09am On Apr 16, 2007
uzy

No more than we are ashamed of the ritual killings and canibalization that make up some cultures.

The truth is that we have a problem, and we can't do anything to make it better

i think u got a problem
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by sisimose(f): 1:10am On Apr 16, 2007
no sane Nigerian will bring ethnicity into this, omg  cry cry cry how do we move on if we remain divided within?
Re: Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! by Chionyins(m): 1:18am On Apr 16, 2007
@sesimose,
I didnt bring anything in. I am just replying to a pso , an earlier reply to mine by jakumo!!!! this the fastest thread ever 17 pages in less than 18 hours, how hot a topic so as i went to monitor election and came back its gone 3 pages but i get to reply to my previous post abi.
I didnt bring anything o!!
Na question i ask. U can ppplllleeeeaaaasssseeeee read my earlier post on page 9.
No vex na quuestion wey i ask I dont believ in ethnicity, our diversity is our main stewnght sef but for nigeria, ok here i go again
abege na who go win election presidential i mean?

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (26)

See This Party's Campaign Helicopter Spotted At Uyo (Photos) / Peter Obi's Supporter Shares Posters, Caps And T-shirts To Northerners (Video) / Adamu Garba Slams GRV For Not Removing His Cap & Shoes At Oba's Palace In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.