Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,615 members, 7,888,964 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 07:23 PM

‘FG Procures 30 Aircrafts, Six Helicopter Gunships To Fight Boko Haram’ - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘FG Procures 30 Aircrafts, Six Helicopter Gunships To Fight Boko Haram’ (39088 Views)

FG Procures ‘Used’ Mass Transit Buses For Nigerians - Sahara Reporters / Do We Have Any Of These Helicopter gunships In Nigeria? / FG Procures Boeing 737-NG Flight Simulator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘FG Procures 30 Aircrafts, Six Helicopter Gunships To Fight Boko Haram’ by Baroba(m): 11:59pm On Dec 08, 2018
Another pipeline of waste and corruption..

1 Like

Re: ‘FG Procures 30 Aircrafts, Six Helicopter Gunships To Fight Boko Haram’ by Dedetwo(m): 12:03am On Dec 09, 2018
madridguy:
NIGERIA GOVERNMENT ARE NOT SERIOUS ABOUT BOKO HARAM, JUST WASTING RESOURCES. WE CANNOT BE SPENDING BILLIONS ON AIRCRAFT, ARMS WITHOUT ATTENDING TO OUR BORDERS. PROTECT OUR BORDER FIRST.

How could Nigerian government be serious about Boko Haram when the Head of State is a great sympathizer of the terrorist group?

3 Likes

Re: ‘FG Procures 30 Aircrafts, Six Helicopter Gunships To Fight Boko Haram’ by OreMI22: 12:06am On Dec 09, 2018
autotrader014:
Story story..

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Na today? grin grin

2 Likes

Re: ‘FG Procures 30 Aircrafts, Six Helicopter Gunships To Fight Boko Haram’ by jaxxy(m): 12:07am On Dec 09, 2018
madridguy:
NIGERIA GOVERNMENT ARE NOT SERIOUS ABOUT BOKO HARAM, JUST WASTING RESOURCES. WE CANNOT BE SPENDING BILLIONS ON AIRCRAFT, ARMS WITHOUT ATTENDING TO OUR BORDERS. PROTECT OUR BORDER FIRST.

They have no intel they just playing politics with the war and the lives of soldiers. Imagine stating weapons and equipment ur still expecting only god knows when as an achievement on an ongoing war. Is that not propaganda?

2 Likes

Re: ‘FG Procures 30 Aircrafts, Six Helicopter Gunships To Fight Boko Haram’ by Nobody: 12:34am On Dec 09, 2018
chloride6:

Will they protect the border with your teeth?

For Madridguy, a "zombie" to state the obvious, you should keep your crude thought to yourself. The border is very porous in the north. It is like a human body without immune system- sickness is born to have a filled day in the person.
Re: ‘FG Procures 30 Aircrafts, Six Helicopter Gunships To Fight Boko Haram’ by udemzyudex(m): 12:40am On Dec 09, 2018
They are always procuring and at the end the soldiers will be dying and complaining.

Wayo government.

1 Like

Re: ‘FG Procures 30 Aircrafts, Six Helicopter Gunships To Fight Boko Haram’ by abbeg(m): 1:10am On Dec 09, 2018
It isn't a lie.I saw the su 30 flanker ,jf17 and super Tucano online.Those of you making fun of Nigeria's fight with boom Harman should be ashamed.If the allies had shown the same attitude in ww2 wouldn't we be Nazis by now ?Very unpatriotic of you all!Our soldiers are trying.I agree Nigeria's air force isn't exactly impressive and we need averagely powerful aircraft like mig 29,su30,f14 and the like.Egypt may have as many planes as Israel but it wasn't easy reaching there.I appreciate the fg for what they are doing.If I was president with the money I would stock up on late cold war era planes like mig29,f14,su27, and the older a10 thunderbolt for ground attack.

1 Like

Re: ‘FG Procures 30 Aircrafts, Six Helicopter Gunships To Fight Boko Haram’ by planetx: 1:12am On Dec 09, 2018
mvem:
...cant you read... We are so lazy in reading, you just saw a topic and commented... Did they say the aircraft have arrived... I procured an equipment is different from "it has been delivered"
The Air chief said they have received 18 aircrafts over the last 3 and a half years and are expecting 12 more. How come they have not used the 18 against BH.

1 Like

Re: ‘FG Procures 30 Aircrafts, Six Helicopter Gunships To Fight Boko Haram’ by abbeg(m): 1:17am On Dec 09, 2018
planetx:
The Air chief said they have received 18 aircrafts over the last 3 and a half years and are expecting 12 more. How come they have not used the 18 against BH.
The plane's they bought are air combat planes not ground attack planes.The same way you can't use armoured tank to fight armed robbers.It's too much power.

1 Like

Re: ‘FG Procures 30 Aircrafts, Six Helicopter Gunships To Fight Boko Haram’ by ithink7: 1:28am On Dec 09, 2018
Dedetwo:

How could Nigerian government be serious about Boko Haram when the Head of State is a great sympathizer of the terrorist group?

I can assure you they bought them for 2019 election.
That's if they even bought anything.

Any sane person can see through the ruse of this gov. I just don't understand why msjority of Nigerians are stupid

1 Like

Re: ‘FG Procures 30 Aircrafts, Six Helicopter Gunships To Fight Boko Haram’ by LockDown69(m): 1:46am On Dec 09, 2018
Hope they are truly brand new and not refurbished tokunbo, we de watch... Nigeria sha.
Re: ‘FG Procures 30 Aircrafts, Six Helicopter Gunships To Fight Boko Haram’ by PNomsule: 1:57am On Dec 09, 2018
How about drones in the Northeast!

1 Like

Re: ‘FG Procures 30 Aircrafts, Six Helicopter Gunships To Fight Boko Haram’ by hundredrivas(m): 2:18am On Dec 09, 2018
autotrader014:
Story story..

Once upon a time, time time grin

1 Like

Re: ‘FG Procures 30 Aircrafts, Six Helicopter Gunships To Fight Boko Haram’ by mvem(m): 2:35am On Dec 09, 2018
planetx:
..who said the 18 are not in service?
Re: ‘FG Procures 30 Aircrafts, Six Helicopter Gunships To Fight Boko Haram’ by planetx: 2:41am On Dec 09, 2018
abbeg:
The plane's they bought are air combat planes not ground attack planes.The same way you can't use armoured tank to fight armed robbers.It's too much power.
Lol pls tell me you are joking. So which enemy did they have in mind when they procure the air combat planes to tackle, cause I am not understanding your point. The headline says procure aircrafts to fight BH.

1 Like

Re: ‘FG Procures 30 Aircrafts, Six Helicopter Gunships To Fight Boko Haram’ by planetx: 2:44am On Dec 09, 2018
mvem:
..who said the 18 are not in service?
They are in service but BH is overrunning army bases like no tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: ‘FG Procures 30 Aircrafts, Six Helicopter Gunships To Fight Boko Haram’ by Ifexontop(m): 3:14am On Dec 09, 2018
madridguy:
so you can reason like this?
Re: ‘FG Procures 30 Aircrafts, Six Helicopter Gunships To Fight Boko Haram’ by Ifexontop(m): 3:17am On Dec 09, 2018
planetx:
Lol pls tell me you are joking. So which enemy did they have in mind when they procure the air combat planes to tackle, cause I am not understanding your point. The headline says procure aircrafts to fight BH.
good question begging for answer!

1 Like

Re: ‘FG Procures 30 Aircrafts, Six Helicopter Gunships To Fight Boko Haram’ by mvem(m): 3:23am On Dec 09, 2018
planetx:
They are in service but BH is overrunning army bases like no tomorrow.
...you think just 18 of those will you win the war against BH... There are other factors to the whole thing... How many are operational during an attack, what are the kind of missions are they capable of executing, time for response... Logistics and sh*t like that...

1 Like

Re: ‘FG Procures 30 Aircrafts, Six Helicopter Gunships To Fight Boko Haram’ by oladele00(m): 5:27am On Dec 09, 2018
In 2011, Jonathan sold our electricity distribution licenses to incompetent companies that have no experience on electricity. When the then Minister of power; Prof. Barth Nnaji advised that it was not a good decision, he was sacked immediately and replaced with Prof Nebo. You remember?

This contract of sale of the electricity distribution licenses were made irrevocable but renewable. To this end power became privatised since 2011.

When this government came on board, it discovered that the DISCOS were not ready to render services but to reap and recoup their investment capital immediately. The government could not repudiate the contracts because of the irrevocability clause and the doctrine of sanctity of contract. The hands of government became tied.

Then the blame is on government because the masses are unaware that power like telecommunications has been privatised by the PDP. They sold the licenses to their girlfriends and cronies that were hitherto into fast food business. The DISCOS started disconnecting communities from the the supplies in the name of estimated bulk billing system.

This government stepped in and went out of its way by providing incentives such as duty waivers and credit facilities to the GENCOs. This was done to boost power generation which was less than 3000 megawatts at the time Buhari took over. Today, power generation is over 7000 megawatts! And you think this is not change?

A vote for Buhari will ensure the non renewal of the electricity distribution licenses of these PDP cronies that have kept us in darkness. There is electricity but the distribution is the problem. The DISCOs are not ready to provide pre-paid metres, transformers amongst others to consumers. The estimated billing system and bulk billing system are frauds.

Next year, the licenses of these capitalist rapists will become due for renewal and they are already shivering that this government will not renew that stupid contract that kept us in darkness. A vote for Buhari will terminate that contract of darkness while a vote for Atiku will translate to selling more of our national assets. A case in point is the purported selling of the NNPC as promised by Atiku when he become the Nation's President.

Think about this and take a stand now.
Please, let everyone forward or repost this information in all of our other social media platforms and also by telling everyone else in our sphere of influence.
Re: ‘FG Procures 30 Aircrafts, Six Helicopter Gunships To Fight Boko Haram’ by molon23(m): 5:40am On Dec 09, 2018
Manning our borders should be Nigerian government first priority.
I have travelled and seen our how borders are just too porous, no security guard except immigration officials who are just there to take money from you.
Look at what Trump is doing. This country needs serious people to lead not this we are having now. You were giving 1billion dollars to fight insurgency and all of a sudden your foot soldiers complained of inadequate and Mordanised weapons.
Well when they get improper training from their recruit days, what do you expect from them?
Our service chiefs should have been sacked by now in a sane country.
chloride6:

Will they protect the border with your teeth?

Re: ‘FG Procures 30 Aircrafts, Six Helicopter Gunships To Fight Boko Haram’ by BruncleZuma: 5:48am On Dec 09, 2018
Good one FG...

The 12 Aircraft from the US is not coming this year nor next but we don't pay.

How much of the $1bn have we wasted on the rest so we would discuss emoluments and welfare for the boys at the receiving end of this madness?
Re: ‘FG Procures 30 Aircrafts, Six Helicopter Gunships To Fight Boko Haram’ by rottennaija(m): 5:52am On Dec 09, 2018
madridguy:

How?
Re: ‘FG Procures 30 Aircrafts, Six Helicopter Gunships To Fight Boko Haram’ by martineverest(m): 5:53am On Dec 09, 2018
Lordsocrates:
That's massive... But whr dia pictures na
u expect the national defense to reveal the pictorial view of their purchases,?....how do our youths reason??
Re: ‘FG Procures 30 Aircrafts, Six Helicopter Gunships To Fight Boko Haram’ by Nobody: 5:54am On Dec 09, 2018
Zoharariel:
If you like, go and buy WW2 era fighter jets again that won't be delivered until the year 2020.

Like I've said before, below are the list of what the Nigerian Airforce needs in its inventory.

COMBAT

SU-30MKA Multirole from Russia

MiG-29 Fighters from Russia

SU-24 Attack from Russia

SU-35 Multirole from Russia

Dassault Rafale Multirole from France

RECONNAISSANCE

Beechcraft 1900 from Amerika

TRANSPORT

Antonov An-74 Transport aircraft from Russia in addition to our C-130 Hercules.

EADS CASA C-295 Transport aircraft from Spain.

TANKER

Ilyushin Il-78 from Russia

TRAINER

Yakovlev Yak-130 from Russia

Hongdu JL-8 from China

Aero L-39 Albatross from Czech Republic

UAV

Chengdu CAIG Wing Loong

HELICOPTER GUNSHIPS

MI-24 Attack Helicopter from Russia in addition to our MI-35.

MI-26 Heavy Transport Helicopter from Russia

Kamov Ka-31 Utility Helicopter from Russia

And for those asking how the Nigerian Airforce will be maintaining these aircrafts, simply ask the Algerians, Egyptians & the South Afrikans how they're maintaining theirs. It is not a rocket science.

It's either Nigeria chooses to progress like other Afrikan Nations or simply fade into oblivion and be at the mercy of ragtag terrorists.

You must choose one!
Sth wey they honestly abandon to Boko.
Re: ‘FG Procures 30 Aircrafts, Six Helicopter Gunships To Fight Boko Haram’ by martineverest(m): 5:56am On Dec 09, 2018
mvem:
...cant you read... We are so lazy in reading, you just saw a topic and commented... Did they say the aircraft have arrived... I procured an equipment is different from "it has been delivered"
do mind useless and low IQ youths of nowadays...was he expecting the national defense to show the pictures is their purchases?
Re: ‘FG Procures 30 Aircrafts, Six Helicopter Gunships To Fight Boko Haram’ by Nobody: 6:00am On Dec 09, 2018
I wonder if I'm watching too much movie or just completely sick in the end.
People cause chaos so you can turn around to invest in them, directly or indirectly.
If you put a peg on the sponsors, the foot soldiers crumble. I just don't get it! All these waste of resources with 70's tactics will yield nothing. You're just chasing them further into hiding giving them ample room to recuperate. Now you got new gadget and you're being ostentatious about it, what are you telling them and their sponsors. Hey guys, upgrade your gadget too. Hm... I laugh the sincerity of this fight.
Re: ‘FG Procures 30 Aircrafts, Six Helicopter Gunships To Fight Boko Haram’ by AFONJACOW(m): 6:03am On Dec 09, 2018
I watched one of the video, python dancers are learning where these rag tag Almajiri terrorist are, i wish they negative West, so they could feel their own potion of one Nigeria
Re: ‘FG Procures 30 Aircrafts, Six Helicopter Gunships To Fight Boko Haram’ by Reference(m): 6:05am On Dec 09, 2018
Zoharariel:
If you like, go and buy WW2 era fighter jets again that won't be delivered until the year 2020.

Like I've said before, below are the list of what the Nigerian Airforce needs in its inventory.

COMBAT

SU-30MKA Multirole from Russia

MiG-29 Fighters from Russia

SU-24 Attack from Russia

SU-35 Multirole from Russia

Dassault Rafale Multirole from France

RECONNAISSANCE

Beechcraft 1900 from Amerika

TRANSPORT

Antonov An-74 Transport aircraft from Russia in addition to our C-130 Hercules.

EADS CASA C-295 Transport aircraft from Spain.

TANKER

Ilyushin Il-78 from Russia

TRAINER

Yakovlev Yak-130 from Russia

Hongdu JL-8 from China

Aero L-39 Albatross from Czech Republic

UAV

Chengdu CAIG Wing Loong

HELICOPTER GUNSHIPS

MI-24 Attack Helicopter from Russia in addition to our MI-35.

MI-26 Heavy Transport Helicopter from Russia

Kamov Ka-31 Utility Helicopter from Russia

And for those asking how the Nigerian Airforce will be maintaining these aircrafts, simply ask the Algerians, Egyptians & the South Afrikans how they're maintaining theirs. It is not a rocket science.

It's either Nigeria chooses to progress like other Afrikan Nations or simply fade into oblivion and be at the mercy of ragtag terrorists.

You must choose one!

Small pikin. Sukhoi's and Migs to fight who. You don't even have a clue about what a military force is. Just to talk.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fulani Siddika Shahida: Ganduje Is Kano's Worst Curse - Sanusi Daughter / Sowore Tackles Obi For Inspecting Datti’s Hospital / A Buharist And A Jonathanian Hug Each Other (pic)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.