Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,605 members, 7,888,939 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 06:48 PM

‘FG Procures 30 Aircrafts, Six Helicopter Gunships To Fight Boko Haram’ - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘FG Procures 30 Aircrafts, Six Helicopter Gunships To Fight Boko Haram’ (39083 Views)

FG Procures ‘Used’ Mass Transit Buses For Nigerians - Sahara Reporters / Do We Have Any Of These Helicopter gunships In Nigeria? / FG Procures Boeing 737-NG Flight Simulator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘FG Procures 30 Aircrafts, Six Helicopter Gunships To Fight Boko Haram’ by madridguy(m): 6:06am On Dec 09, 2018
Ameen and you too sir.

amhelpless:

May God bless you abundantly! you are more intelligent than our national security advicer ! I keep wondering if they are blind or doing it intentionally because you can not leave the illegal immigrants wandering everywhere in the country and expect the place to be safe..

I'm really fed-up! I'm tired of talking!!
Re: ‘FG Procures 30 Aircrafts, Six Helicopter Gunships To Fight Boko Haram’ by Ayanfeoluxyz(f): 6:16am On Dec 09, 2018
Re: ‘FG Procures 30 Aircrafts, Six Helicopter Gunships To Fight Boko Haram’ by michoim(m): 6:26am On Dec 09, 2018
Action PMB! No dulling. ..
Re: ‘FG Procures 30 Aircrafts, Six Helicopter Gunships To Fight Boko Haram’ by Dangod123456: 6:31am On Dec 09, 2018
Na now una wan spend d money wet una been keep for campaign. If to say bokoharam no expose una by killing those soldiers una for no remember to bring out money to buy equipment.
Re: ‘FG Procures 30 Aircrafts, Six Helicopter Gunships To Fight Boko Haram’ by igwefivestar(m): 6:36am On Dec 09, 2018
Peacemaker5128:
At least 40% of those military hardware should be transported to the shout yeast in case of post election violence from that region come 2019
and what will be transported to nhorth waist where violence has became the order of the day?
Re: ‘FG Procures 30 Aircrafts, Six Helicopter Gunships To Fight Boko Haram’ by okonprecious(m): 6:47am On Dec 09, 2018
nah wash........ Unah deh believe rubbish. This is inter-country was and they cnt sweep Boko-boys. Okey what if we had or have a fight with. Russia, china, Irag, Korea or even Israelities u think say we go remained. Israelities has 10HT female soldier and av many war equipment. Last year a 17yrs old israeli soldier killed a 2 philliptian soldier and was celebrated. But here for nigeria nah problem. Other country do produce their weapons and are here buying the used ones..... Nigeria collect sence ooooooo
Re: ‘FG Procures 30 Aircrafts, Six Helicopter Gunships To Fight Boko Haram’ by Nobody: 7:00am On Dec 09, 2018
It's all lies from the pit of hell!
Re: ‘FG Procures 30 Aircrafts, Six Helicopter Gunships To Fight Boko Haram’ by BruncleZuma: 7:08am On Dec 09, 2018
abbeg:
It isn't a lie.I saw the su 30 flanker ,jf17 and super Tucano online.Those of you making fun of Nigeria's fight with boom Harman should be ashamed.If the allies had shown the same attitude in ww2 wouldn't we be Nazis by now ?Very unpatriotic of you all!Our soldiers are trying.I agree Nigeria's air force isn't exactly impressive and we need averagely powerful aircraft like mig 29,su30,f14 and the like.Egypt may have as many planes as Israel but it wasn't easy reaching there.I appreciate the fg for what they are doing.If I was president with the money I would stock up on late cold war era planes like mig29,f14,su27, and the older a10 thunderbolt for ground attack.

The allies are the current breeding grounds of Nazis, and there are still Nazis in Europe.

Nigeria can buy weapons from here to Funta Jalon if there is no joint forces coordination under one theater commander we'll continue to waste manpower and resources.
Re: ‘FG Procures 30 Aircrafts, Six Helicopter Gunships To Fight Boko Haram’ by DanDeeBoss(m): 7:08am On Dec 09, 2018
bigtt76:
Shei na trainer aircrafts fitted with guns una wan take fight war ni? Just like mounting a sub-machine gun on a motorcycle abi? Isssorite! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: ‘FG Procures 30 Aircrafts, Six Helicopter Gunships To Fight Boko Haram’ by Wisdomsmiley: 7:21am On Dec 09, 2018
Great .... we are going higher....
Re: ‘FG Procures 30 Aircrafts, Six Helicopter Gunships To Fight Boko Haram’ by gare(f): 7:29am On Dec 09, 2018
Islie:

http://thenationonlineng.net/fg-procures-30-aircrafts-six-helicopter-gun-shoots-fight-boko-haram/

Must they announce it, I really don't understand how our generals got their training, why can't they be quiet about it and surprise the insurgents, now with this announcement boko haram will want to counter this move
Re: ‘FG Procures 30 Aircrafts, Six Helicopter Gunships To Fight Boko Haram’ by Quaddafi29: 7:33am On Dec 09, 2018
Nigerian army is buying helicopter gun shoots while what is need is helicopter gun ship.
Re: ‘FG Procures 30 Aircrafts, Six Helicopter Gunships To Fight Boko Haram’ by JuanDeDios: 7:49am On Dec 09, 2018
Lordsocrates:
That's massive... But whr dia pictures na
It's not massive. Six helicopters for the Nigerian Airforce is a joke. Well, maybe a start. But go to some smaller African countries and see how many attack helicopters they have.
Re: ‘FG Procures 30 Aircrafts, Six Helicopter Gunships To Fight Boko Haram’ by Nobody: 8:09am On Dec 09, 2018
Zoharariel:
If you like, go and buy WW2 era fighter jets again that won't be delivered until the year 2020.

Like I've said before, below are the list of what the Nigerian Airforce needs in its inventory.

COMBAT

SU-30MKA Multirole from Russia

MiG-29 Fighters from Russia

SU-24 Attack from Russia

SU-35 Multirole from Russia

Dassault Rafale Multirole from France

RECONNAISSANCE

Beechcraft 1900 from Amerika

TRANSPORT

Antonov An-74 Transport aircraft from Russia in addition to our C-130 Hercules.

EADS CASA C-295 Transport aircraft from Spain.

TANKER

Ilyushin Il-78 from Russia

TRAINER

Yakovlev Yak-130 from Russia

Hongdu JL-8 from China

Aero L-39 Albatross from Czech Republic

UAV

Chengdu CAIG Wing Loong

HELICOPTER GUNSHIPS

MI-24 Attack Helicopter from Russia in addition to our MI-35.

MI-26 Heavy Transport Helicopter from Russia

Kamov Ka-31 Utility Helicopter from Russia

And for those asking how the Nigerian Airforce will be maintaining these aircrafts, simply ask the Algerians, Egyptians & the South Afrikans how they're maintaining theirs. It is not a rocket science.

It's either Nigeria chooses to progress like other Afrikan Nations or simply fade into oblivion and be at the mercy of ragtag terrorists.

You must choose one!

When they are serious about eradicating boko Haram, they will get those things you mentioned, but for now, they ain't. cause even without those if Nigeria wanted boko Haram would have being completely pushed out of our territory. But No, the top brass like to play ping pong with the lives of our soldiers while they pay billions of Naira to boko Haram & it's sponsors. I just pity those rushing to join the army currently, I hope them prepare thier wills

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘FG Procures 30 Aircrafts, Six Helicopter Gunships To Fight Boko Haram’ by Nobody: 8:22am On Dec 09, 2018
babadem2much:
This not what the Army needs now, what they really need are fast assault tanks like modern T90 not the T72 well equipped and remember to upgrade their allowances so that the family they left behind will also feel the impact 9 though better late than never sha

What they need is honesty, support & officers who are really ready to fight this war & The DSS deal with moles & boko sponsors.

Otherwise the T90 will just be abandoned to boko Haram just like the T72

1 Like

Re: ‘FG Procures 30 Aircrafts, Six Helicopter Gunships To Fight Boko Haram’ by Hillarychuks: 8:35am On Dec 09, 2018

Re: ‘FG Procures 30 Aircrafts, Six Helicopter Gunships To Fight Boko Haram’ by ocelot2006(m): 8:39am On Dec 09, 2018
babadem2much:
This not what the Army needs now, what they really need are fast assault tanks like modern T90 not the T72 well equipped and remember to upgrade their allowances so that the family they left behind will also feel the impact 9 though better late than never sha

Combat air support (CAS) is equally very important. That said, what 30 aircrafts were purchased? I hope the Chief of Air Staff wasn't referring to those Pakistani trainer aircraft's.

1 Like

Re: ‘FG Procures 30 Aircrafts, Six Helicopter Gunships To Fight Boko Haram’ by Zane2point4(m): 8:53am On Dec 09, 2018
Zoharariel:
If you like, go and buy WW2 era fighter jets again that won't be delivered until the year 2020.

Like I've said before, below are the list of what the Nigerian Airforce needs in its inventory.

COMBAT

SU-24 Attack from Russia

RECONNAISSANCE

TRANSPORT

TANKER

TRAINER

Hongdu JL-8 from China

UAV

Chengdu CAIG Wing Loong

HELICOPTER GUNSHIPS

And for those asking how the Nigerian Airforce will be maintaining these aircrafts, simply ask the Algerians, Egyptians & the South Afrikans how they're maintaining theirs. It is not a rocket science.

It's either Nigeria chooses to progress like other Afrikan Nations or simply fade into oblivion and be at the mercy of ragtag terrorists.

You must choose one!
Am hitting the follow button immediately, your very intelligent and well versed, i wrote something like dis sometime ago but as usual nairaland illiterates will always quote and dispute u.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘FG Procures 30 Aircrafts, Six Helicopter Gunships To Fight Boko Haram’ by ahaz: 9:20am On Dec 09, 2018
Peacemaker5128:
At least 40% of those military hardware should be transported to the shout yeast in case of post election violence from that region come 2019
do yourself some favour..eschew bitterness it will do you more good.
Re: ‘FG Procures 30 Aircrafts, Six Helicopter Gunships To Fight Boko Haram’ by Holuwamanzee(m): 10:13am On Dec 09, 2018
Zoharariel:

COMBAT

SU-24 Attack from Russia

RECONNAISSANCE

TRANSPORT

TANKER

TRAINER

Hongdu JL-8 from China

UAV

Chengdu CAIG Wing Loong

HELICOPTER GUNSHIPS

You must choose one!
*Sir all this country u just mentioned are producing such hardwares and equupment...
*The problem is not to acquire but maintenance and maintaining just one aircraft cost alot...
Only from d purchasing deal of the equipment will make Nigeria go into bad debt talkless of training and upgrading... So Bros aircraft no be phone.... our country never settle down well for we to dey use this kind weapon... ///grateful treat///.
Re: ‘FG Procures 30 Aircrafts, Six Helicopter Gunships To Fight Boko Haram’ by farouk2much(m): 1:40pm On Dec 09, 2018
Lies...... Even at the dead ones..... Thats apc
Re: ‘FG Procures 30 Aircrafts, Six Helicopter Gunships To Fight Boko Haram’ by Deepfreezer(m): 2:53pm On Dec 09, 2018
Our money is finished, this war with boko boys will not end cos it's the easiest way to steal our money.

1 Like

Re: ‘FG Procures 30 Aircrafts, Six Helicopter Gunships To Fight Boko Haram’ by bejick(m): 6:48pm On Dec 09, 2018
Lordsocrates:
That's massive... But whr dia pictures na
They are too big it cannot be seen
Re: ‘FG Procures 30 Aircrafts, Six Helicopter Gunships To Fight Boko Haram’ by fakati(m): 9:34pm On Dec 09, 2018
I smell lies

Re: ‘FG Procures 30 Aircrafts, Six Helicopter Gunships To Fight Boko Haram’ by Adeboyefa(f): 1:09am On Dec 10, 2018
Must you tell everybody? Boko Haram members are also online. That is why you haven't won the war. Boko Haram has never disclosed its weaponry and affiliates. SURPRISE IS THE BEST FORM OF ATTACK.
Re: ‘FG Procures 30 Aircrafts, Six Helicopter Gunships To Fight Boko Haram’ by abbeg(m): 1:56am On Dec 12, 2018
BruncleZuma:

The allies are the current breeding grounds of Nazis, and there are still Nazis in Europe.

Nigeria can buy weapons from here to Funta Jalon if there is no join forces coordination under one theater commander we'll continue to waste manpower and resources.
I know there are still Nazis today and I also agree with you.We need coordination to win this war.Us citizens should support our troops not shame them for their losses.Casualties are bound to happen.
Re: ‘FG Procures 30 Aircrafts, Six Helicopter Gunships To Fight Boko Haram’ by abbeg(m): 2:15am On Dec 12, 2018
planetx:
Lol pls tell me you are joking. So which enemy did they have in mind when they procure the air combat planes to tackle, cause I am not understanding your point. The headline says procure aircrafts to fight BH.
Yes some of them are CAS planes namely super tucano.But U.S. and Russia don't use all their planes.They use them to establish a presence.Nigeria can't do it with her mig21s.that's where the su30 fighter comes in.
Re: ‘FG Procures 30 Aircrafts, Six Helicopter Gunships To Fight Boko Haram’ by abbeg(m): 9:15am On Dec 24, 2018
Why dont they buy used sea harriers? Only 1.5million $ a piece.Much better and more powerful than alpha jet.
Re: ‘FG Procures 30 Aircrafts, Six Helicopter Gunships To Fight Boko Haram’ by feddis(m): 10:17am On Dec 24, 2018
Things we will never get to see under this incumbent government.
Pathetic liars.
Re: ‘FG Procures 30 Aircrafts, Six Helicopter Gunships To Fight Boko Haram’ by SternProphet: 10:24am On Dec 24, 2018
abbeg:
Why dont they buy used sea harriers? Only 1.5million $ a piece.Much better and more powerful than alpha jet.

UK not selling sea harriers. Sea Harriers are very old aircraft and not that much better than Alpha Jet. Their only advantage is vertical take off and ability to hide behind tall hills and swoop on the enemy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Spotted Campaigning For Her Husband In Daura / It’s Over For Saraki Politically, Says Oshiomhole / Peter Obi As Atiku's VP: Southeast PDP Leaders Meet (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.