Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,437 members, 7,881,581 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 12:35 AM

Opinion: Declaration Of Faith Before Commenting On Religious Posts - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Opinion: Declaration Of Faith Before Commenting On Religious Posts (255 Views)

Why Is It A Must To Swear Before Commenting On A Muslim Post& Not A Christian Po / Catholic Church Bans Mbaka From Commenting On Partisan Politics / Why Do We Accept Mohammed As Allah's Prophet Before Commenting On a Muslim Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: Declaration Of Faith Before Commenting On Religious Posts by Nobody: 9:02am On Dec 09, 2018
I believe that what is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

I noticed that if I see a post about Islam, there is a declaration to state if "I am a Muslim" and it would be posted on my profile, but it isn't so on the Christian Section. It is easy for who doesn't share the Christian faith to derail posts about Christianity. Examples of this abound in the this Section of Nairaland.

To be fair to Muslims too, some "Christians" declare to be Muslims so as to comment on posts about Islam, which gives them undue advantage to derail such threads and also comment on Christian threads.

I ask myself, why the declaration in the first place? But for sanity in religious section, my opinion should be considered by the Moderators. Thank you.
Re: Opinion: Declaration Of Faith Before Commenting On Religious Posts by Olohunjedalo(m): 9:35am On Dec 09, 2018
OkaNaUbe:

I noticed that if I see a post about Islam, there is a declaration to state if "I am a Muslim" and it would be posted on my profile, but it isn't so on the Christian Section. It is easy for who doesn't share the Christian faith to derail posts about Christianity. Examples of this abound in the this Section of Nairaland.

To be fair to Muslims too, some "Christians" declare to be Muslims so as to comment on posts about Islam, which gives them undue advantage to derail such threads and also comment on Christian threads.

I ask myself, why the declaration in the first place? But for sanity in religious section, my opinion should be considered by the Moderators. Thank you.

Stupid thread
Re: Opinion: Declaration Of Faith Before Commenting On Religious Posts by ngadaAwo: 9:42am On Dec 09, 2018
[s]
Olohunjedalo:

Stupid thread
[/s] cool kiss
Re: Opinion: Declaration Of Faith Before Commenting On Religious Posts by luckyz4rea(m): 10:07am On Dec 09, 2018
OkaNaUbe:

Thank you for bringing this up. Same thing happened when i tried to make a comment.

I don't wanna be judgmental or sectional in my opinion but please whoever the moderator is, please address the needful or explain why it is that way in a fantastic and uncontestable way without which it will continue to obstrusively appear that you are promoting one religion over another.

For a country like ours, such does not need to dig deeper down since it already has it's root but can be uprooted at least on nairaland if you act decide as appropriate!

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Declaration Of Faith Before Commenting On Religious Posts by luvmijeje(f): 10:17am On Dec 09, 2018
Seun, it's unfair o. I don't understand why the Muslim section should be shielded from someone like me who's neither a Christian nor a Muslim. If feels like a cult.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Do You Know Why It Is Impossible For God To Lie Or Fail? It Is Because..... / What Is The Principal Reason For Seeking God? / 800values For New Era Human Being (100-150)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.