Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,586 members, 7,975,305 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 09:21 PM

Immigrant Herdsmen Damaging Our Reputation – Miyetti Allah - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Immigrant Herdsmen Damaging Our Reputation – Miyetti Allah (546 Views)

11 Herders, 33 Cattle Missing In Anambra - Miyetti Allah Raises Alarm / Abba Kyari's Burial : Lai Mohammed Has Further Ruined His Reputation - Afenifere / Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Miyetti Allah Reasons For Plateau Christians Killing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Immigrant Herdsmen Damaging Our Reputation – Miyetti Allah by Racoon(m): 7:46am On Dec 10, 2018
Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria (MACBAN) has said the Fulani extractions in the country are of good character and integrity, but immigrant herdsmen are damaging its reputation.He said that armed Fulani herdsmen rampaging around and terrorizing people in the country are not Nigerians.

The chairman of MACBAN, Giwa Council, Ibrahim Abubakar, made the remarks while fielding questions from journalists at a retreat organized yesterday for the leaderships of the group from 23 councils of the state on security challenges encountered by cattle rearers in the state.

According to him, “Not all Fulanis are bad, there are many good people among us, but those pastoralists coming from neighbouring countries are the ones spoiling our name. We are people of integrity and good character but this people have come and damage our reputation.”

Abubakar explained that cattle rearers in Giwa council and other parts of Kaduna state are facing a lot of security challenges, ranging from cattle rustling, destruction of properties and killing of people that are of Fulani extraction by bandits.

He called on government and security agents to come to their rescue adding that, “the bandits are always coming to kill us and rustle away our cows. They have been coming to destroy our properties as well. This issue has become a critical one that requires state of emergency.”

While speaking, state chairman of MACBAN, Alhaji Haruna Usman, called on it members to vigilant and more security conscious.He advised them to fish out evil perpetrators living within their surroundings.

“We from Miyetti Allah are distancing ourselves from the insecurity issues, and we have been calling on our people to ensure that if they are living with someone whom his/her ways are not pure, they should notify the security agents and if they are afraid of informing security agents, he should come and tell us so that we can do that on his behalf in order to get them caught,” he maintained.

He said the gathering was premised on issues of insecurity happening in Kaduna, especially as the general election is around the corner.

“We do not want any problem in Kaduna; that is why we call on our group from the 23 local government areas in Kaduna to discuss on way forward to prevent chaos,” he said.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/immigrant-herdsmen-damaging-our-reputation-miyetti-allah.html

cc: Lalasticlala

Re: Immigrant Herdsmen Damaging Our Reputation – Miyetti Allah by buhariguy(m): 7:47am On Dec 10, 2018
This is one area thief atiku has totally lost,
Thief atiku is backing the jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of Bia-fra terrorist to be accusing the Fulani, his own tribe of the killings done by arm bandits from any tribe and from outside the country.

1 Like

Re: Immigrant Herdsmen Damaging Our Reputation – Miyetti Allah by Racoon(m): 7:47am On Dec 10, 2018
grin grin grin See confusion! Guess it's these same killer fulanis that:
-President Buhari said they are Gaddaffi-trained Malians,Guineas,Lybians and Senegalese that are responsible for the senseless killings in the MB and southern Nigeria?
-The same killers that openly claimed responsibility for all the dastard killings while the President, Minister of Defence/Agriculture, IGP, Oshiomole & other officials of the APC govt.have continue to do damage control for all along by even denouncing the anti-grazing laws as the bane of the farmers-herdsmen clashes?

Meanwhile see the same killer trying to be cleverly stupid;
According to him, “Not all Fulanis are bad, there are many good people among us, but those pastoralists coming from neighbouring countries are the ones spoiling our name. We are people of integrity and good character but this people have come and damage our reputation.”

And then
"The Miyetti Allah Kautal Hore has warned security agencies and civilians against attacking Malian herders grazing their cattle in Gudu and Tangaza Local Government Areas of Sokoto State...."
https://punchng.com/nobody-should-attack-malian-herders-in-sokoto-miyetti-allah/?
Re: Immigrant Herdsmen Damaging Our Reputation – Miyetti Allah by saintjimos(m): 7:49am On Dec 10, 2018
WHO ARE THE HERB MEN?
Re: Immigrant Herdsmen Damaging Our Reputation – Miyetti Allah by Djauro: 7:54am On Dec 10, 2018
But you always come to their defence when they are arrested or attacked

1 Like

Re: Immigrant Herdsmen Damaging Our Reputation – Miyetti Allah by Racoon(m): 7:56am On Dec 10, 2018
Yusufu Idegu, a correspondent of The Nation Newspaper, has dismissed reports that he circulated a false story about Danladi Ciroma, north-central chairman of the Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders’ Association of Nigeria (MACBAN).

Idegu’s report on Ciroma describing the killings in Plateau as retaliation for 300 rustled cows and loss of some herders’ lives had generated controversy.

Although Ciroma admitted that he spoke with the reporter, he alleged that he was quoted out of context.

“We talked on phone. Sincerely speaking, what that boy wrote was not what I told him. We did not speak on reprisal attacks,” Leadership quoted Ciroma as saying.

The Nigerian media was subjected to severe criticism, with the presidency accusing it of fuelling tension.But in a statement on Tuesday, Idegu maintained that Ciroma made the utterances widely circulated in the media.

Below is the statement:

PREMIUM TIMES in their apology to Miyetti Allah last week which went viral, I did commented that they were unnecessarily in a hurry to conclude their investigation on the denial of Danladi Ciroma who granted me interview. I still insist that that so-called investigation by is so shallow and strange.

If you read that apology again, it was alleged that I YUSUFU AMINU IDEGU circulated my story on a WattsApp page for colleagues to copy. All of us here in Jos can bear me witness that I don’t have the habit of sharing my published story in WattsApp page.

By the way, it is against our rule here that no journalist should paste his story on any of our three platforms eg, Correspondents platform, NUJ platform and that of Ministry for information. So, on which reporters platform did I share that story? Can any of us remind me of any other platform I circulated that controversial story. I never did.

Again, the fact that Danladi Ciroma denied his comments and PREMIUM TIMES hurriedly apologized to Miyetti Allah does not mean Miyetti Allah is right and the media is wrong.

Up till now, I still remain positive and confident that Danladi Ciroma is lying, the fact that I have no record of the interview does not also make Ciroma right in his claim. Let us not narrow investigation into media publications to availability of recording alone, providing the voice recording could be a short-cut to the investigation, but in the absence of the short-cut, the long-cut alternative can be explored for thorough investigation.

I’m happy my employer, THE NATION newspaper is doing that at the moment, based on the confidence they have in me, they are exploring all necessary alternatives to get to the root of it.[/b]

As colleagues or as a body of media practitioners, let us also not be too hasty in condemning any colleague that find himself in this saga for the fact that in all discipline, professionals can make mistake at a point in his work no matter your years of experience. I’m 19 years in journalism, in spite that, I’m not immune to professional mistake.

Above all, I still insist I’m not wrong in this matter, I have no apology for Miyetti Allah or Danladi Ciroma.
Thank you colleagues for taking your time, remain BLESSED.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thecable.ng/i-stand-by-my-story-the-nation-reporter-breaks-silence-on-miyetti-allah-interview/amp
Re: Immigrant Herdsmen Damaging Our Reputation – Miyetti Allah by eltolu: 7:57am On Dec 10, 2018
First time they speak against them. Why the sudden disassociation?
Re: Immigrant Herdsmen Damaging Our Reputation – Miyetti Allah by Racoon(m): 8:12am On Dec 10, 2018
[s]
buhariguy:
This is one area thief atiku has totally lost,Thief atiku is backing the jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of Bia-fra terrorist to be accusing the Fulani, his own tribe of the killings done by arm bandits from any tribe and from outside the country.
[/s]

Re: Immigrant Herdsmen Damaging Our Reputation – Miyetti Allah by FarahAideed: 8:52am On Dec 10, 2018
Miyetti Allah is trying to be smart by half

1 Like

Re: Immigrant Herdsmen Damaging Our Reputation – Miyetti Allah by magoo10(m): 9:18am On Dec 10, 2018
The same miyetti that have been protecting Malian herdsmen. These are the real terrorist
Re: Immigrant Herdsmen Damaging Our Reputation – Miyetti Allah by Gondonu: 9:21pm On Feb 11, 2021
magoo10:
The same miyetti that have been protecting Malian herdsmen. These are the real terrorist
Now, what they all cooked is ready for eating.Let them all enjoy it.The house rat is the one who tell the visiting Bush rat where food is kept in the house.

1 Like

Re: Immigrant Herdsmen Damaging Our Reputation – Miyetti Allah by Fahdiga(m): 9:35pm On Feb 11, 2021
Whether na foreign herdsmen or local herdsmen all of you are the same
Re: Immigrant Herdsmen Damaging Our Reputation – Miyetti Allah by Fahdiga(m): 9:37pm On Feb 11, 2021
buhariguy:
This is one area thief atiku has totally lost,
Thief atiku is backing the jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of Bia-fra terrorist to be accusing the Fulani, his own tribe of the killings done by arm bandits from any tribe and from outside the country.
Same person as mylove55. you haven't posted any reasonable thing since you joined nairaland. what happened to your brain
Re: Immigrant Herdsmen Damaging Our Reputation – Miyetti Allah by Valkrie: 9:42pm On Feb 11, 2021
Nonsense.. !! When you people are busy shouting and taking credit for killing benue people and all others..you forgot...!! The people have risen now and damn all consequence and you are here shouting immigrant fulani...which fulani is not an immigrant to Nigeria.. ?
Una never see anything...it would come to time when it would be kill fulani on sight and the slogan would be have you killed a fulani today..?

Yeye. !!
Re: Immigrant Herdsmen Damaging Our Reputation – Miyetti Allah by Iykopee(m): 9:43pm On Feb 11, 2021
That is not our fucking business anymore. ESN, pls uproot any idiot occupying our forests illegally. Be they herdsmen from Jalingo , Tuareg, Guinea, Mali, Sokoto, Kano etc.

We have crossed the bridge of no return.

1 Like

Re: Immigrant Herdsmen Damaging Our Reputation – Miyetti Allah by GamalNasser: 9:49pm On Feb 11, 2021
Keep fooling yourselves ..we know that no Terrorist herders can carry out a strike without approval of Miyetti Allah
Re: Immigrant Herdsmen Damaging Our Reputation – Miyetti Allah by ShobayoEmma(m): 9:55pm On Feb 11, 2021
No peace lover will agitate for peace when all the pieces are yet to rest in peace.

Buhari, a good man with evil intentions

(1) (Reply)

Where Is Buhari's Picture Watching Vp Debate? / Sokoto Indigenes Disown Atiku, Say “you Are Not From Our Area” / Prophet T.B Joshua Denies Predicting Atiku's Victory In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.