Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,970 members, 7,896,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 06:27 AM

12large Drops Out Of Korea Friendly - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 12large Drops Out Of Korea Friendly (2585 Views)

Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live / Naija Babes 6- People Rep Of Korea 2 Final whistle. / Nigeria Vs Korea DPR (6 - 2) FIFA U-20 Women's WC Semi Final On Wed 20th August (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

12large Drops Out Of Korea Friendly by 12large: 1:49am On Aug 03, 2010
Eagles hit by more withdrawals

Osaze Odemwingie of NigeriaAugust 02, 2010

Nigeria’s Super Eagles look set to line up a much weakened team for a friendly against South Korea in Seoul later this month following a spate of withdrawals by some of the country’s top Europe-based stars.

Injury has already ruled out Russia-based striker Osaze Odemwingie and Ike Uche from this match.

Nigeria caretaker coach, Austin Equavoen, has now disclosed that Monaco midfielder, Obinna Nsofor of Inter Milan and Ukraine-based Dele Adeleye have pulled out of the August 11 friendly against South Korea.

“Haruna has called in to say he is injured, while Obinna Nsofor and Adeleye are tied down with their clubs,” said Eguavoen.

According to Eguavoen, Esperance striker Michael Eneramo has also turned down a late invitation to the game because his team are engaged in the CAF Champions League.

Last week, Russia-based striker Solomon Okoronkwo was handed a late invite to the Eagles.

“I won’t force any player to play this game,” said Eguavoen, who will now most likely feature players from the domestic league in Seoul.

Korea have demanded that Nigeria parade some of their World Cup stars for the match after both teams played out a 2-2 draw at South Africa 2010
Re: 12large Drops Out Of Korea Friendly by 12large: 1:52am On Aug 03, 2010
all these players think we are stupid, this is a fifa friendly and almost all teams are playing so why are these players faking. the funny thing is that had it been the replacement were good we would have been proud, but the replacement is all these rubbish players playing for heartland and rangers, players that cannot even win a team from algeria and zambia. how i wish siasia was the coach this non-sense would not have happened
Re: 12large Drops Out Of Korea Friendly by snowdrops(m): 1:05pm On Aug 03, 2010
the rogues at NFA will be hardest his by the withdrawals. the koreans will be pay the full fee to Nigeria if the key stars don't turn up. hence less money to embezzle.
Re: 12large Drops Out Of Korea Friendly by Tonyet1(m): 1:57pm On Aug 03, 2010
I think its high time we leave these players alone. . .like seriously. WTH do they think they are sef. they make the biggest of shakara yet when pulled together in a match against the 'considered weakest' during the world cup, none could play a thing.

I feel Eguaveon's plight, yeah it was a deal reached with the Koreans to feature some of our major stars, but what do we do when the "MAJOR STARS CHICKENs" fail to turn up. Got me wondering if this Nigerian team will ever make a head-way for good at least once. rubbish! angry angry angry
Re: 12large Drops Out Of Korea Friendly by snowdrops(m): 2:05pm On Aug 03, 2010
good riddance to bad rubbish
Re: 12large Drops Out Of Korea Friendly by kaiosama(m): 2:24pm On Aug 03, 2010
let them keep on dropping until they drop out from the national team, which may also lead to dropping out from their various clubs and finally putting an end to their individual career, that is when they will come back to their senses. NIGERIA FOOLISH FOOTBALLERS {NFF}. hehehe.
Re: 12large Drops Out Of Korea Friendly by kaiosama(m): 2:25pm On Aug 03, 2010
let them keep on dropping until they drop out from the national team, which may also lead to dropping out from their various clubs and finally putting an end to their individual career, that is when they will come back to their senses. NIGERIA FOOLISH FOOTBALLERS {NFF}. hehehe.
Re: 12large Drops Out Of Korea Friendly by bisiaet: 3:03pm On Aug 03, 2010
I'm not really worry about them either they are saying the truth or lying as per their non paticipating in the friendly. If they like all of them can drop and never come back it is even better some players will take the chance that is all. We are already tired of them so their absent amount to nothing is either Nigeria win the friendly or loose it so pls bros if you dont want to come pls stay away for God sake your presence may even be a distraction.
Re: 12large Drops Out Of Korea Friendly by chelseabmw(m): 4:53pm On Aug 03, 2010
Are u guys still matching SE plays? embarassed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: 12large Drops Out Of Korea Friendly by oweniwe(m): 4:56pm On Aug 03, 2010
12large:

Eagles hit by more withdrawals

Osaze Odemwingie of NigeriaAugust 02, 2010

Nigeria’s Super Eagles look set to line up a much weakened team for a friendly against South Korea in Seoul later this month following a spate of withdrawals by some of the country’s top Europe-based stars.

Injury has already ruled out Russia-based striker Osaze Odemwingie and Ike Uche from this match.

Nigeria caretaker coach, Austin Equavoen, has now disclosed that Monaco midfielder, Obinna Nsofor of Inter Milan and Ukraine-based Dele Adeleye have pulled out of the August 11 friendly against South Korea.

“Haruna has called in to say he is injured, while Obinna Nsofor and Adeleye are tied down with their clubs,” said Eguavoen.

According to Eguavoen, Esperance striker Michael Eneramo has also turned down a late invitation to the game because his team are engaged in the CAF Champions League.

Last week, Russia-based striker Solomon Okoronkwo was handed a late invite to the Eagles.

“I won’t force any player to play this game,” said Eguavoen, who will now most likely feature players from the domestic league in Seoul.

Korea have demanded that Nigeria parade some of their World Cup stars for the match after both teams played out a 2-2 draw at South Africa 2010
12large, something de do you o. Where's mikel in the news you pasted up there? Better go modify the thread topic leave mikel alone. Mmsscheww!
Re: 12large Drops Out Of Korea Friendly by DisGuy: 5:03pm On Aug 03, 2010
12large:

all these players think we are silly, this is a fifa friendly and almost all teams are playing so why are these players faking. the funny thing is that had it been the replacement were good we would have been proud, but the replacement is all these rubbish players playing for heartland and rangers, players that cannot even win a team from algeria and zambia. how i wish siasia was the coach this non-sense would not have happened

you this dude you are always chatting rubbish!! are you not one of those shouting for inclusion of home based and other fringes players? now you are saying these guys cant win matches,

some Nigerians can be very weird one minute you want these foreign players dropped, now they drop out voluntarily you heap abuse on them for not showing up
what can siasia do sef? this guys name has been mentioned like he ever coached a proper team, why did he wait for a nigerian job all his life, why cant he ever get a job outside? will the players suddenly turn up because it is siasia?
Re: 12large Drops Out Of Korea Friendly by sley4life(m): 5:19pm On Aug 03, 2010
they shuld go 2 he^ll. Its a blessing in disguise cos it will give the home base players opportunity to cement their place in the national team instead of the country producing Yakufools& Kaitas
Re: 12large Drops Out Of Korea Friendly by 12large: 5:32pm On Aug 03, 2010
me lai lai ohh what homebase player, the only 2 i may give chance is musa and salami but the rest na totally rubbish. i watched heartland game on saturday and the team is useless absolutely useless even ibenegbu that i thought is a good player na mumu.
Re: 12large Drops Out Of Korea Friendly by denitro(m): 6:07pm On Aug 03, 2010
I thought Siasia what the new coach, why are we 4 years back in the past with Equavoen as our coach.
Why
Why
I thought we had decided to move forward
Re: 12large Drops Out Of Korea Friendly by Jencejyde(m): 6:16pm On Aug 03, 2010
Its a pity that the match has a clause attached to it that some of our world cup players must feature. But i think this is just the beginning of a new dawn.

Our local based players are definitely what you want to watch or support but they can be developed into a good unit
(TEAM). Of course this will take time and unless we are not just result oriented we wont get there. Being fit and having loads of energy and pace without intelligence is simply a waste of time in modern day football. A dying need for academies which is not present in Nigeria is absolutely telling on our local players. This is the advantage the foreign based players have and makes them more productive.

The foreign players are still the best legs we have, but the more we solely depend on them, the more we get all these type of HEARTBREAKING performances, due to their part country,part club, or should i say less country more club allegiance. Gone are the days when patriotism was the reason you are playing for your country.(how sad) now it's about playing just for appearance fees et all.

France and Brazil are two teams that have started doing the right thing by going back to their inner reserves of talent and setting targets as to how to get them prepared for the next competitions ahead after their own horror show at South Africa. Something Germany started way back in 2004. this way no player can hold the country to ransom and there will still be lots of competition for spots in the Team. Spain is agood example of how proper football academies even at club level can continue to produce refined talents year after year locally and then integrating them into a fearsome force with great footballing philosophies.

Hmmmmmm Naija, We still have a long way to go.
Re: 12large Drops Out Of Korea Friendly by tokunegiye(m): 7:20pm On Aug 03, 2010
this boys are not good so i we just forget about them and move with life
Re: 12large Drops Out Of Korea Friendly by galamadrid(m): 8:24pm On Aug 03, 2010
Sorry do we still have super eagles team i tot they no longer exist, lets just pick the reserve team of the super falconet asnd take to seoul for them to beat the silly south korean
Re: 12large Drops Out Of Korea Friendly by okgerald(m): 9:30pm On Aug 03, 2010
These guys shkara too much sha. Imagine this nonsense, probably its because there are no mouth watering allowances attached to the match is whats making them back out. Mikel can go f**ck himself and the other lot. They wont even stand a chance against the falconets. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 12large Drops Out Of Korea Friendly by shellicon(m): 9:53pm On Aug 03, 2010
why can't the caoch call our u-17 boys to play S korea?
Re: 12large Drops Out Of Korea Friendly by chidichris(m): 10:15pm On Aug 03, 2010
@yeye poster,
if these guys are making shakara, are u not a man? why not go and play.
premier league is starting on the 14th and yeye ppl wan play useless freidnly on 11th
chelsea have community shield to play before then so why mikel no go withdraw.
after all, u were among the idiots that said mikel no sabi play so why are u looking for him now?
Re: 12large Drops Out Of Korea Friendly by Desdo(m): 11:50pm On Aug 03, 2010
I won't blame most of them because I believe the timing of the friendly is inconvenient to them considering the fact that league matches are around the corner. So Eguavoen should use what he has to get what he wants.
Re: 12large Drops Out Of Korea Friendly by Desdo(m): 11:51pm On Aug 03, 2010
I won't blame most of them because I believe the timing of the friendly is inconvenient to them considering the fact that league matches are around the corner. So Eguavoen should use what he has to get what he wants.
Re: 12large Drops Out Of Korea Friendly by Akosbaba(m): 5:36am On Aug 04, 2010
Imagine a tunisian based player rejecting invitation to play.it's not their fault but that of the NFF who can't appoint a coach that commands respect.
Re: 12large Drops Out Of Korea Friendly by Fogman(m): 8:08am On Aug 04, 2010
This guy always have issues with the national team! Very unpatriotic player.
Re: 12large Drops Out Of Korea Friendly by Dotman01(m): 9:05am On Aug 04, 2010
@op. . . Why did u start the thread wit mikel's name. . . .abi osaze don change name ni? Ode oshi
Re: 12large Drops Out Of Korea Friendly by Okijajuju1(m): 9:13am On Aug 04, 2010
Osaze should rest jor!! He has suffered too much for these eagles.

They should rather invite Yakubu, Keita, Nwaneri, Yobo, Afolabi, Taiwo and the likes for this match. Our few good players should be left alone to build their careers.
Re: 12large Drops Out Of Korea Friendly by oweniwe(m): 11:00am On Aug 04, 2010
Dotman01:

@op. . . Why did u start the thread wit mikel's name. . . .abi osaze don change name ni? Ode oshi
no mind the senseless monkey
Re: 12large Drops Out Of Korea Friendly by chidichris(m): 1:25pm On Aug 04, 2010
@12large,
ppl will insult u until u become a symbol of uselessness. look at your thread topic and look at your post and tell me that u have done better that your likes in the mental rehablitation homes.
why is it that ppl just born anything they like a call them children.
u have brought shame and courses to ur life and family in ur bid to course a man that God has blessed.
u don't read news and u are ill informed.
Re: 12large Drops Out Of Korea Friendly by 12large: 1:00am On Aug 05, 2010
what kind of nonsense is this, who is the moderator on this forum. you guys needs to be mature in here
Re: 12large Drops Out Of Korea Friendly by semid4lyfe(m): 4:08am On Aug 05, 2010
12large:

what kind of nonsense is this, who is the moderator on this forum. you guys needs to be mature in here
See who is talking of maturity? grin
Re: 12large Drops Out Of Korea Friendly by chidichris(m): 10:41am On Aug 05, 2010

@12large,
this statement above reminds me of bode george who sent his lawyers to sue a media house for destruction of his intergrity. the presiding judge strucked out the case and ask bode george how he is dreaming of intergrity from the jail.
mumu, u don't talk abt maturity because u have got non ok?
u better drop out of soccer and nigeria. if possible, drop into niger or burkina faso.
Re: 12large Drops Out Of Korea Friendly by vinmol: 2:35pm On Aug 05, 2010
@ chidichris and Oweniwe, why have you allowed emotions to be cloud your sense of thinking
and respect for other forumers?

if you do not like his post why don't u guys just look past it, instead of being insultive and uncivil?

he has a right to his opinion on a player or otherwise? your insult will not force him to change his views.

MY POINT, act like adults and respect pple in this forum stop INSULTS! IT IS NOT NECESSARY!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fitness Equipment In Nigeria / ‘eden Hazard Failed To Deliver’ / FCB Vs Juventus In Ucl-messi Scores 2 Goal To Make 3-0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.