Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,093 members, 7,939,416 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 03:58 AM

Mtn Is The Most Useless Organisation In Nigeria? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mtn Is The Most Useless Organisation In Nigeria? (5698 Views)

I Officially Have The Most Useless Phone Ever!!!! / Have You Seen The World's Most Useless Phone? Say Hello To Nophone / The Nophone: The World’s Most Useless Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mtn Is The Most Useless Organisation In Nigeria? by tunde300us(m): 5:27pm On Aug 04, 2010
Mtn says it is has reduced prices of call charges, but going tru their site for the details one will be so disappointed to find out that all they did was to ask for more monies from their customers.

Y do u need me to make 5 mins call before i get a reduced rate of 33k,when that was what they charged on some of their old plans,and worse off they wasted money introducing this nonsense.

I think they re just playing on our intelligent angry
Re: Mtn Is The Most Useless Organisation In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Aug 04, 2010
then lets make the money remain in Nigeria, here is a call for patronage of home made services like Glo, imagine when emptyN started their midnit call, you must have N100, which u will invariably use at daybreak, when Glo came, even if u have a kobo on your phone, you will call for free, and from 12-5am, emptyN is d dumbest network so far, , when they first came again, they informed per second billing cant work, Glo debunked that, they think they can hoodwink us again, no way, i wont be suprised when Glo comes again with a true free weekend call at no extra cost, am waiting, Starcomms with fewer customers, and same operating business environment(nepa,security e.t.c) is doing these, and no noise about it, i only hope one of emptyNs PR person is reading all these, emptyN shiooo, !!!
Re: Mtn Is The Most Useless Organisation In Nigeria? by ayusman16(m): 7:44pm On Aug 04, 2010
does mtn charge u N100 4 xtra cool calls? wat kind of promos does nigerians expect? free everythng abi? why also complain of being xploited and still use their lines, nigerians never learn. same way we elect bad leaders and still complain, mtn is sharp unlike our dumb exploiting indigenous coys like glo and hitv.
Re: Mtn Is The Most Useless Organisation In Nigeria? by webgenius(m): 8:10pm On Aug 04, 2010
Less endowed Zoom is offering the same promo everyday: use N50/day and make free calls to all zooms lines for that day.The hidden thing in the MTN new package is the cost of making calls outside the promo period.Read carefully, even Xtracool which is supposedly good has the highest call charges when used outside 12:30-4:30. I believe Nigerians deserve more than MTN is offering. I have a contract line, and pay N16 for on-net calls, N22 for off-net, why should I subscribe to this new package
Re: Mtn Is The Most Useless Organisation In Nigeria? by coalcoal1(m): 9:14pm On Aug 04, 2010
Re: Mtn Is The Most Useless Organisation In Nigeria? by Thespecialone(m): 10:59pm On Aug 04, 2010
MTN got it HORRIBLY wrong with their new tariffs. For me I make calls with my etisalat @ 15 naira/min and receive calls with my MTN and only use my MTN to call my Family and friends @ 15 naira.
Shikena!
Re: Mtn Is The Most Useless Organisation In Nigeria? by semid4lyfe(m): 11:05pm On Aug 04, 2010
What's with this craze for free calls? So if the Telecom companies nor do call promo, una nor go make calls? undecided

Load credit on your phone and make your call(s).

Simple as A. .B. .C
Re: Mtn Is The Most Useless Organisation In Nigeria? by CGKing(m): 11:35pm On Aug 04, 2010
Nigerians just like AWOOFF
Re: Mtn Is The Most Useless Organisation In Nigeria? by whiteroses(f): 1:50am On Aug 05, 2010
they are b1tches. when a company starts earning too much they should reduce prices a lot, but in naija when they are making super normal profit is when they become stingier and really go hard to even make more, oju won ti fe sowo. t-mobile uk are making too much the free minutes and saver package they have is unbeleivable you sometimes feel sorry for them but mtn keeps taking and taking
Re: Mtn Is The Most Useless Organisation In Nigeria? by vescucci(m): 2:10am On Aug 05, 2010
OP, I'm tempted to question your sanity but since I'll let that slide, I'll ask if na by force to subscribe to any of the bundles?
Re: Mtn Is The Most Useless Organisation In Nigeria? by fonfon: 4:52am On Aug 05, 2010
human beings and free things
Re: Mtn Is The Most Useless Organisation In Nigeria? by Akosbaba(m): 5:04am On Aug 05, 2010
I think they forgot the difference btw free and discount
Re: Mtn Is The Most Useless Organisation In Nigeria? by ITbomb(m): 5:05am On Aug 05, 2010
Why are nigerians afraid of change. So u no go lose contacts?
Change your line, if u dey important like me, u go see all your contacts will follow you
Re: Mtn Is The Most Useless Organisation In Nigeria? by playahP(m): 5:22am On Aug 05, 2010
Most of us do not understand what determines call rate.
Well let me help you out.

- Tax
- The power supply in Nigeria is appalling. If you notice, all telecomms company mast in Nigeria has got a stand-by gen by the side and a diesel tank.
- Accessibility

All this stuffs are not free and someone has to pay for them.

Etisalat has used the penetration strategy in order to gain customers. I belief after a while their tarriffs will rise.

MTN are crooks, i am not supporting them but i am only trying to shed more light on why the tarriff is so high in naija.

MTN sometimes deduct consumer's credit withouth telling u.

The people in power don't know this because they all have sim cards that i toll free.
So we don't blame them but rather, we let them know what MTN IS DOING to us.
Re: Mtn Is The Most Useless Organisation In Nigeria? by UyiIredia(m): 10:14am On Aug 05, 2010
hat is free about this? we are paying N100 each. and is the N100 for every weekend.  what is MTN taking us for, do they think Nigeria are fools or because we dont have Leaders they can just trilled us anyhow

@ barnabasj >>> beefin' MTN >>>  grin grin grin >>> try glo & commit suicide

Mtn Is The Most Useless Organisation In Nigeria

@ barnabasj >>> allow me to commend ur low i.q
Re: Mtn Is The Most Useless Organisation In Nigeria? by Fynist(m): 1:12pm On Aug 05, 2010
Can sm1 give d defination of free 2 dis yellow morons.U r givin somethin free and u hang a naira on it.Hu do dey think they.Jaundice
Re: Mtn Is The Most Useless Organisation In Nigeria? by kaiosama(m): 4:08pm On Aug 05, 2010
capital YES
Re: Mtn Is The Most Useless Organisation In Nigeria? by Jencejyde(m): 4:49pm On Aug 05, 2010
Na wah oh! Abi don't we understand the meaning of FREE any more(many thanks to wikipedia oh!)

Like some peeps said,, starcomms has been doing this for a while without any shouting, wo loud eh rara.
And here MTN still expects you to pay 100 naira and it is only with you chat to one person oh.

I think we need more compettiton but with the current state of infrastructure and corruption, they(MTN) will always have an excuse, but then again, as Nigerians we usually abuse everthing( even me sef at times)and a good Glo allowed free calls on time like that. Damn! Everybody just enter the network and wrecked it, Like some people would call and just hold onto the line even if they were not actively using it.

Anyways it's still along way for us to go, but sincerely i think MTN needs to wake up, their marketing strategies are falling behind. They really need to start paying attention to competitors like Etisalat and not be living in the ERA of "WE have the LARGEST COVERAGE" Omo men, OJO tin Di Ale oh!
Re: Mtn Is The Most Useless Organisation In Nigeria? by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:53pm On Aug 05, 2010
lolz, mtn staff dey dey loyal sha!!!!

na wah o, dem dey pay una for marketing join the work grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Mtn Is The Most Useless Organisation In Nigeria? by 8oracle(m): 5:59pm On Aug 05, 2010
Etisalat seems for now the king of the pack, pay N10 per day, and make calls at 25kobo per seconds to all network, followed by Glo at 49kobo per seconds, MTN is a pack of confusion always coming back to the round peg, Zain or Bhartair is most confused, lacks marketing direction
Re: Mtn Is The Most Useless Organisation In Nigeria? by Maximip(m): 12:07am On Aug 06, 2010
Anyhow I look at it, MTN is still the most expensive network to be on in Nigeria.

But because of our follow-follow syndrome, they are still the most used.

Dumped the thieves a long time ago.
Re: Mtn Is The Most Useless Organisation In Nigeria? by 5p1naz(m): 3:29am On Aug 06, 2010
oh yea i do agree with you aat topic
Re: Mtn Is The Most Useless Organisation In Nigeria? by ayusman16(m): 11:16am On Aug 06, 2010
Maximip:

Anyhow I look at it, MTN is still the most expensive network to be on in Nigeria.

But because of our follow-follow syndrome, they are still the most used.

Dumped the thieves a long time ago.

That is if they even noticed u've dumped the network, especially the N100 users.
Re: Mtn Is The Most Useless Organisation In Nigeria? by Koolking(m): 11:22am On Aug 06, 2010
Majority of Nigerians are so NAIVE. That's why telcos fleece us big time. It is even mind boggling when our leaders [likes of NCC and Consumer protection agencies] who suppose to protect the consumers from these telcos, align with them to pervert attrocities.

MTN is bragging of giving free calls to its customers with just N100, is laughable. Pls, can someone explain what is 'FREE'? I rate MTN has the worst customer friendly company in Nigeria.

This is a company that can never let go of N5 free text within it networks to its esteemed customers. Rather, they keep annoying people with unsolicited Caller tunes text, lotteries and what have you. MTN is pathetic. It's very dissappointing when you call their customer care numbers,
[b][/b]
Re: Mtn Is The Most Useless Organisation In Nigeria? by ayusman16(m): 11:28am On Aug 06, 2010
Koolking:

Majority of Nigerians are so NAIVE. That's why telcos fleece us big time. It is even mind boggling when our leaders [likes of NCC and Consumer protection agencies] who suppose to protect the consumers from these telcos, align with them to pervert attrocities.

MTN is bragging of giving free calls to its customers with just N100, is laughable. Pls, can someone explain what is 'FREE'? I rate MTN has the worst customer friendly company in Nigeria.

This is a company that can never let go of N5 free text within it networks to its esteemed customers. Rather, they keep annoying people with unsolicited Caller tunes text, lotteries and what have you. MTN is pathetic. It's very dissappointing when you call their customer care numbers,
[b][/b]

Sometimes, we end up advertising our ignorance. This post simply shows how ignorant you are. I enjoy my free mid night calls and still have my N100 intact after the call.

I feel you should substantiate your claims with facts, if not forever keep your peace,
Re: Mtn Is The Most Useless Organisation In Nigeria? by honeric01(m): 12:56pm On Aug 06, 2010
They charge #10k for just 3GB data and most of the days in the month, you end up not being able to even use your connection, it keeps dropping and disconnecting.

Mtn, come kill my azz angry angry angry angry

I am now like Satan to MTN, i will pay you #10k to collect #100k from u grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Enable Immersive Mode On Android Jellybean / Why Don't You Swap Your Old Phone For A Brand New One With MTN Trade-in / Dark Mode For Whatsapp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.