Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,298 members, 7,894,267 topics. Date: Friday, 19 July 2024 at 07:00 AM

Charge For Not Using Atm (bank) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Charge For Not Using Atm (bank) (3951 Views)

FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge / If You Are Not Using Quickteller You Are Wrong / 15 Tips To Avoid Being Robbed When Using ATM In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Charge For Not Using Atm (bank) by hassymo5(m): 9:12am On Aug 05, 2010
Most banks in Nigeria are now charging their customers for not using ATM machine to withdraw, any withdrawal below 100,000 should be done using the ATM, but if you chose to withdraw on the counter you will be charge.

But my question is, sometime no network on the ATM machine,temporary unavailable to dispense cash,sometime network fluctuate and your card held, what happen when all these happen?

www.dailytrust.com/dailytrust/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=618:banks-force-poor-customers-to-use-atm&catid=3:business&Itemid=3
Re: Charge For Not Using Atm (bank) by yusuf01(m): 11:54am On Aug 05, 2010
That is how it's done in SA, they want to encourage the use of ATMs and also to decongest the bank premises.
Re: Charge For Not Using Atm (bank) by YEBOKO(m): 12:36pm On Aug 05, 2010
sum nigerians ar scared of using ATM,becos of dis network pro nd also thiefs
Re: Charge For Not Using Atm (bank) by jokingmary(m): 12:38pm On Aug 05, 2010
hassymo5:

But my question is, some time on network on the ATM machine,temporary unavailable to dispense cash,sometime network fluctuate and your card held, what happen when all these happen?

Nice question
Re: Charge For Not Using Atm (bank) by Fynist(m): 12:52pm On Aug 05, 2010
Well its all good.I can only agree with them if thier network r nt always going on vacation evry time.On second thot dat means d cashiers wont have thier jobs anymore
Re: Charge For Not Using Atm (bank) by Utaroz(m): 12:56pm On Aug 05, 2010
Whenever the ATM for some reason is unable to dispense cash, my bank waives the charges. The'd be aware of the technical hitch anyway.
Re: Charge For Not Using Atm (bank) by segzicres(m): 1:00pm On Aug 05, 2010
true talk. but i has a lot of advantages. like there's practically no one in the bank(no queue) u just go in and come out. kinda fast though.
Re: Charge For Not Using Atm (bank) by candylips(m): 1:27pm On Aug 05, 2010
criminal banks
Re: Charge For Not Using Atm (bank) by Emperoh(m): 2:04pm On Aug 05, 2010
GTBank charges me N100.00 for every over-the-counter withdrawal below N100k it was initially N60k
but was raised since their new naira mastercard debuted!!.
Re: Charge For Not Using Atm (bank) by Ajike: 2:05pm On Aug 05, 2010
Utaroz

Whenever the ATM for some reason is unable to dispense cash, my bank waives the charges. The'd be aware of the technical hitch anyway

what in a situation where the system is program in such a way that it will automatically charge for withdrawing on courter? will u start writing memo upon memo b4 refundn the customer
Re: Charge For Not Using Atm (bank) by otokx(m): 2:22pm On Aug 05, 2010
@utaroz

which bank is that?
Re: Charge For Not Using Atm (bank) by iyatrustee(f): 2:42pm On Aug 05, 2010
its the best. i work in Union Bank and someone would queue only for him to withdraw N1.5k at the end of the day! but guys have you noticed that ATMs dont pay less than N1000? try withdrawing N500 and see.
Re: Charge For Not Using Atm (bank) by giggsy: 3:02pm On Aug 05, 2010
GT Bank charges N100 for withdrawals less than 50k that are made over the counter, of course I only got to know after I had been charged for withdrawing 40k (due to their Naira Mastercard issues).
Re: Charge For Not Using Atm (bank) by yusuf2(m): 3:04pm On Aug 05, 2010
This is absurd, Most of these banks would not allow u to cash out more than N60k from an ATM in a 24hr gap, what then do u do if u have to withdraw a sum of N80k? they would bring-up useless conditions to collect ur 100 naira.
Re: Charge For Not Using Atm (bank) by namdo(m): 3:11pm On Aug 05, 2010
this is madness. we have individual rights to use or not to use. I think this is continuing because we are in a society that anything is imposed on the masses and no mass reaction. No one thinks about taking them to court when ATM fraud is comitted or when ATM debits your account without dispensing cash leading to endless filling of forms that are never attended to. It's a pity. angry
Re: Charge For Not Using Atm (bank) by osundu(m): 3:17pm On Aug 05, 2010
@emperoh,gtbank is one of the most useless bank in nigeria.the baggas can not safeguard peoples money.all de do is for u to use ur ATM card so dat de bastard bankers can send ur pin number to scammers while u are with ur ATM card.gentlemen, ur savings are not save with ATM cards.
Re: Charge For Not Using Atm (bank) by MeGaStReEt: 3:26pm On Aug 05, 2010
YEBOKO:

sum nigerians ar scared of using ATM,becos of dis network pro nd also thiefs

i am number one on that list
Re: Charge For Not Using Atm (bank) by saintneo(m): 3:34pm On Aug 05, 2010
True! U are being encouraged to use ATMs. However, if the ATM in the branch is not working, then you have to meet the CSO for assistance.
Re: Charge For Not Using Atm (bank) by oluagness(m): 3:48pm On Aug 05, 2010
ATM is good but full of fraud
Re: Charge For Not Using Atm (bank) by Doctore(m): 4:12pm On Aug 05, 2010
ATM is good, but full of so much flaws in naija.
Re: Charge For Not Using Atm (bank) by spicyhoney(f): 4:16pm On Aug 05, 2010
Its just a way of reducing the crowd in the banking hall, make customers have easy access to their money and cut cost. The Verve, Visa and Master cards are all secured cards and less fraud could be perpetrated through this card unlike the days of the Interswitch card that does not have chips on their cards.

osundu:

@emperoh,gtbank is one of the most useless bank in nigeria.the baggas can not safeguard peoples money.all de do is for u to use your ATM card so dat de naughty person bankers can send your pin number to scammers while u are with your ATM card.gentlemen, your savings are not save with ATM cards.
U are not supposed to disclose your pin to anyone and that is why your pin number comes in a sealed envelop so there is no way of any banker including the person handing your card over to you would know your pin unless you tell the person, also you are told to change your pin from the default pin for activation meaning you can't even use the default pin to transact. And there is no software that enables bank staff view any customer's pin so no banker can disclose your pin to scammers
Re: Charge For Not Using Atm (bank) by Jencejyde(m): 4:27pm On Aug 05, 2010
Doctore:

ATM is good, but full of so much flaws in naija.
Much better way to put it.
Re: Charge For Not Using Atm (bank) by Nobody: 4:46pm On Aug 05, 2010
GTBank system was compromised a long time ago, and stays compromised up till now. People are losing millions to ATM hackers everyday, from GTBank accounts.

1st Bank was compromised a few weeks ago, led to their cancelling virtually all the ATM cards of their customers (without notice o!) You just get there, the machine rejects your card & you are stranded angry I personally know of a colleague who lost 370k on a 1st Bank ATM when her account was hacked. Bank refused to pay, as usual. Meanwhile this was obviously an insider job.

St.upid banks force these cards on you knowing fully well they don't have the capability to secure your money. When your account gets hacked, they tell you you're on you own. I personally would not tie a card to any account with a substantial amount of my money inside it. St.upid bankers think otherwise.
Re: Charge For Not Using Atm (bank) by kaiosama(m): 5:02pm On Aug 05, 2010
na by force?
Re: Charge For Not Using Atm (bank) by saintchux(m): 5:08pm On Aug 05, 2010
It is stealing for any bank to charge you for withdrawing between 61k and 100k. Most of the bank ATM do not pay you more than 60k in a day unless you have the normal bank ATM card and a VPAY card which will give 20k each x 3times for each card, bring it to 120k per day. But the risk there is that you have two card tied to one account and God bless you if you loose any.
Re: Charge For Not Using Atm (bank) by Valto(m): 9:07pm On Aug 05, 2010
a friend of mine lost 40k, thanks to gtb instinctence on ATM cards. imagine coming out of bathroom to see a message on phone telling him dat ,he has withdrawn 40k at an atm at lagos island, when actually he was at home at alaba. i bank with gtb, but atm card? over my dead body!!!!!! imagine what they told him wen he complained about d 40k, that he should  bring foward all his friends (me inclusive)& family 4 interogation  by d police. thank God i dont av any serious business with them.
Re: Charge For Not Using Atm (bank) by SSaemoenl(m): 9:57pm On Aug 05, 2010
Use the technology to help stop those cluttering in banking hall. Appreciates this steps tongue
Re: Charge For Not Using Atm (bank) by frankcj(m): 12:12am On Aug 06, 2010
card protection insurance against deft and scam, is it obtainable in nigeria cos the ugly senario here people  complaing of falling victim of bank scam and hacking into their account.
Re: Charge For Not Using Atm (bank) by kolawolem: 7:57am On Aug 06, 2010
Well it depends on the Bank u are using, Oceanic Does'nt charge. Kudus to Them
Re: Charge For Not Using Atm (bank) by Tolulop001(f): 8:27am On Aug 06, 2010
GTB is the main culprit of this b-ess
their ATMs are pepertually down,
the queues are ridiculous, standing under the sun to withdraw 20k, did i stand under the sun to open account?
the other day ATM was down, i enter the bank, after lining up for another 30 mins, on getting to the front, idiot tells me 'atm is now working' im like are u crazy, i should go outside again, bloody fool, imagine, the baggars charged me 100bucks.
im sick and tired of the system,
it doesnt seem to work and they are definately past the teething phase - so no excuse.
get urself already angry angry angry
Re: Charge For Not Using Atm (bank) by hassymo5(m): 8:58am On Aug 06, 2010
why most people complaining about GTB, are you force to bank with them can't you leave them and bank with other banks
Re: Charge For Not Using Atm (bank) by candylips(m): 9:09am On Aug 06, 2010
looks like this ATM stuff is not working at all

(1) (2) (Reply)

CNC Manufacturing Business In Nigeria / CUSTOMER CARE: Nairaomm - Buy/sell Perfectmoney, Paypal, Bitcoins, Payoner, NT / Buying BTC, Gift Cards At Amazing Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.