Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,415 members, 7,901,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 02:46 AM

Charge For Not Using Atm (bank) - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Charge For Not Using Atm (bank) (3952 Views)

FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge / If You Are Not Using Quickteller You Are Wrong / 15 Tips To Avoid Being Robbed When Using ATM In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Charge For Not Using Atm (bank) by Tolulop001(f): 9:35am On Aug 06, 2010
hassymo5:

why most people complaining about GTB, are you force to bank with them can't you leave them and bank with other banks
its not easy to get up and go, the devil you know, and the complaints should propel them to get better
noneetheless, i know when im rolling in the big bucks, amma prolly mpve to Zenith or somn tongue
Re: Charge For Not Using Atm (bank) by sayso: 10:27am On Aug 06, 2010
withdrawing 90k infront of those guys behind,am thinking,are the streets safe now?
Re: Charge For Not Using Atm (bank) by femani(m): 10:34am On Aug 06, 2010
i fink a petition should be written to the CBN governor. WE SHLD NOT BE COMPELLED 2 USE THE ATM CARD. SOM BANKS LIKE BANKPHB EVEN CHARGE LYK 210 NAIRA.
BUT MY CANDID ADVICE IS THAT IF U R GOING TO USE THE ATM CARD, PLS MAKE SURE ON THAT ACCT U USE UR ATM U KEEP FEW NAIRA,
IF U R WITHDRAWING SUBSTANTIAL AMT MAKE USE OF THE COUNTER N PAY THE CHARGES, IT IS BETTER TO PAY THE LEVY THAN 2 BE A VICTIM OF ATM FRAUD.
Re: Charge For Not Using Atm (bank) by manny4life(m): 10:47am On Aug 06, 2010
What I'm still trying really hard to figure out because I'm obviously confused is how an ATM's network be down all the time and also how can an ATM network be hacked into? I taught banks spent tens of millions on secured encrypted layers of security? Besides, ATM network is tied into the banks platform, so if they hack into it, isn't there a possibility that the bank accounts are the targets not the ATM's and rather the ATM's are used as camouflage
Re: Charge For Not Using Atm (bank) by oniema(m): 12:46pm On Aug 06, 2010
Have you ever been involve in withdrawal but no cash dispense yet you are debited? You ave to wait for minimum of 2 weeks b4 you get back your money. ATM!!! the bankers are involve in all the scams
Re: Charge For Not Using Atm (bank) by bobmatek: 7:41pm On Aug 06, 2010
ve lost two of my ATM card due to bad network, ever since then I dont have ATM.
Re: Charge For Not Using Atm (bank) by vasill(m): 10:05am On Aug 07, 2010
Imaging d colossal amt of money banks make 4rm customers, just 4 withdrawing ur own money & putting them in buiz. If bank PHB collects 210 4rm one thousand customers imaging d amt of money 4rm such illegality. My take abt dis our naija bank is dat dey ar so busy deducting our money dat dey find it so hard or reluctant 2 invest in d real sector. Bank buiz is really lucrative & an easy way 2 make money, besides politics. grin grin grin
Re: Charge For Not Using Atm (bank) by chykeo1(m): 6:16pm On Aug 07, 2010
To bankers on NL,

It is quite painful that businesses/organisation push down hard rules to the consumers (who are forced to bear the cost of the running business) without a prior test/check on the effect it has on their customers. Banks and the CBN have to make  positive rules that encourage people to use the ATM and not negative ones.

A number of teething issues need to be addressed by the banks:
1. In certain situations, when the ATM limit per day (e.g.N60K) is below my cash demand (e.g. N90K) what do I do? especially during the weekends?

2. For consistent ATM patronage, the network has to be at least 99.9% uptime, but that is not the case in Nigeria, many thanks to NEPA and Co,  so why does the bank push consumers to bear this problem?

3. Personally, if over-the-counter withdrawals must be charged, a considerable rate must be reached (considering the input from its customers). It make no sense if a student has to withdraw N500 from his account and he's charged for it. How much will he then take from the bank, considering the economic times?

4. For online frauds or ATM frauds, the liability should not be borne by the customers, howbeit, a compensation should be agreed after investigation has been done. There is a risk in every business (even in banking). As such running a bank in Nigeria does imply that the customers bear all the risks. the bank should play a role too.

Here is rule of thumb (Advice) for the banks, if it was easy to open and deposit money in the bank, it should be easy to withdraw same (without stories pls). 

Banks should also create a dedicated CSO whose sole  responsibility will be to address ATM issues. This will go a long way in helping the situation. People's rights are abused when they have to wait 2weeks to hear from the bank. In  the case of an emergency, what happens?

For myself, I keep small funds in my accounts that have an ATM card. However, for huge funds I keep in accounts that I don't have an ATM card; so I dont even have a card in the first place. Any ATM fraud on such account is  the bank's responsibility to bear.

We may need to bear with the banks till they can sought out these issues. In the time being, we are our own watchmen.
Re: Charge For Not Using Atm (bank) by yemisolar(m): 7:13am On Aug 08, 2010
anyway guys if you have a business or a business idea and you need #50-100,00 loan to start or grow it, you can e=mail me at pettral@yaoo.com.

pls it is only for small business owners only. or call 08052141582
Re: Charge For Not Using Atm (bank) by Utaroz(m): 2:14pm On Aug 08, 2010
Ajike:

Utaroz

Whenever the ATM for some reason is unable to dispense cash, my bank waives the charges. The'd be aware of the technical hitch anyway

what in a situation where the system is program in such a way that it will automatically charge for withdrawing on courter? will u start writing memo upon memo b4 refundn the customer

The charge do not apply to 3rd party withdrawals, so when you give someone a cheque for like 30k, it can be processed without charges. The same platform can be used to process withdrawals of small amounts without charges during ATM down-times. I do remind them at the point of withdrawal that I dont expect any charge since their ATM is offline.

otokx:

@utaroz

which bank is that?

GTBank
Re: Charge For Not Using Atm (bank) by marcus1234: 2:15pm On Aug 08, 2010
Re: Charge For Not Using Atm (bank) by software(m): 7:47pm On Aug 08, 2010
naija banks are simply oleeee
Re: Charge For Not Using Atm (bank) by Akosbaba(m): 1:42am On Aug 09, 2010
hassymo5:

why most people complaining about GTB, are you force to bank with them can't you leave them and bank with other banks
but they keep asking us wouldn't you rather bank with us?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Quality Corn For Making Popcorn Available For Sales, Price Is N11,000 FOR 25KG / .j / AGSMEIS Loan Questions, Answers, & Updates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.