Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,130 members, 7,949,897 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 10:21 PM

Buhari Promises Better Times In Christmas Message - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Promises Better Times In Christmas Message (467 Views)

Sim Fubara Accepts Tinubu's Peace Deal In Christmas Broadcast / Full Text: Kukah's Christmas Message, About Buhari That Sparked Reactions / We Stand By Bishop Kukah’s Christmas Message — Catholic Secretariat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Promises Better Times In Christmas Message by Muttee: 12:44pm On Dec 24, 2018

President Buhari, who said this in his 2018 Christmas message to Nigerians, which commemorates the birth of Jesus Christ, urged Nigerians to exchange gifts, pray and visit loved ones, and remember many others who cannot be with their families at this time.

According to him, “We cannot bring back the lives lost to floods, unfortunate fire disasters, road accidents, farmers/herders clashes and insurgency.

“But we can put back smiles on the faces of the grieving, the displaced and the troubled, if we show a little love and recommit ourselves to building relationships with those outside our ethnic, religious and socio-political divides.

“As we celebrate Christmas, exchange gifts, pray and visit loved ones, let us remember many others who cannot be with their families this time.”

He maintained that the season is another opportunity to reflect on the imagery of the humble, symbolic and divine birth of a young child thousands of years ago in Bethlehem, Judea, and the message of hope, compassion, salvation, reconciliation, forgiveness and peace that Jesus Christ embodies and conveys.

President Buhari noted that in 2018, Nigerians have had mixed blessings, typical of human beings.

According to him, “On the pleasant side, our economy has made significant progress since coming out from recession and our faithful implementation of the Economic Recovery and Growth Plan.

“Agricultural revolution has seen a vastly improved local production to the detriment of importation, while we have achieved surplus in our trade balance. Similarly, infrastructural deficit has been greatly reduced with significant improvements in roads, railways, aviation and power.

“In addition, we have not relented in the fight against corruption while the business environment has been improved through institutional reforms.”

President Buhari also commended the bravery of military personnel and other security agencies who have sacrificed to keep the nation save and United.

He said, “Our brave Armed Forces, and other security men and women who make incredible sacrifices to keep us safe, the aged, the sick, physically challenged persons, all deserve our goodwill in this season of love and sharing.

Together we can show generosity to our neighbours and demonstrate the diversity that makes Nigeria unique – a land with a beautiful climate and vegetation, beaming with an energetic and creative youth population.

“We must not also forget that what lies ahead of us as a nation is better than whatever we must have experienced in the past.

READ ALSO: Oyetola promises completion of ongoing projects

With general elections around the corner and heightened political activities across the country, I have charged our security and law enforcement agencies to secure the sanctity of the ballot box and ensure that the outcome of the polls reflects the will of the Nigerian people.”

He President reiterated his commitment to free and fair elections next year.

Buhari said, “My avowed commitment to free, fair, credible and violence-free polls is not a ruse or yet another vain political promise. My word is my bond.

“It is a sworn declaration on the advancement of Nigeria, the future and safety of our young and unborn generations.

“Let us tell the world that, indeed, ‘‘something good’’ can come out from Nigeria. And it will happen, as we all team up to make it happen.

Merry Christmas!”

https://all-gists..com/2018/12/buhari-promises-better-times-in-christmas-message.html
Re: Buhari Promises Better Times In Christmas Message by Kenekingisback: 12:45pm On Dec 24, 2018
Useless message
Re: Buhari Promises Better Times In Christmas Message by festacman(m): 12:45pm On Dec 24, 2018
Thank you Mr. President for this fatherly message. Enjoy your Christmas break too.
Re: Buhari Promises Better Times In Christmas Message by DanceVille: 12:45pm On Dec 24, 2018
Na who the message help??
Re: Buhari Promises Better Times In Christmas Message by ELTON123(m): 12:48pm On Dec 24, 2018

According to him, “On the pleasant side, our economy has made significant progress since coming out from recession and our faithful implementation of the Economic Recovery and Growth Plan.

Re: Buhari Promises Better Times In Christmas Message by ELTON123(m): 12:49pm On Dec 24, 2018
Muttee:

President Buhari, who said this in his 2018 Christmas message to Nigerians, which commemorates the birth of Jesus Christ, urged Nigerians to exchange gifts, pray and visit loved ones, and remember many others who cannot be with their families at this time.

According to him, “We cannot bring back the lives lost to floods, unfortunate fire disasters, road accidents, farmers/herders clashes and insurgency.

“But we can put back smiles on the faces of the grieving, the displaced and the troubled, if we show a little love and recommit ourselves to building relationships with those outside our ethnic, religious and socio-political divides.

“As we celebrate Christmas, exchange gifts, pray and visit loved ones, let us remember many others who cannot be with their families this time.”

He maintained that the season is another opportunity to reflect on the imagery of the humble, symbolic and divine birth of a young child thousands of years ago in Bethlehem, Judea, and the message of hope, compassion, salvation, reconciliation, forgiveness and peace that Jesus Christ embodies and conveys.

President Buhari noted that in 2018, Nigerians have had mixed blessings, typical of human beings.

“Agricultural revolution has seen a vastly improved local production to the detriment of importation, while we have achieved surplus in our trade balance. Similarly, infrastructural deficit has been greatly reduced with significant improvements in roads, railways, aviation and power.

“In addition, we have not relented in the fight against corruption while the business environment has been improved through institutional reforms.”

President Buhari also commended the bravery of military personnel and other security agencies who have sacrificed to keep the nation save and United.

He said, “Our brave Armed Forces, and other security men and women who make incredible sacrifices to keep us safe, the aged, the sick, physically challenged persons, all deserve our goodwill in this season of love and sharing.

Together we can show generosity to our neighbours and demonstrate the diversity that makes Nigeria unique – a land with a beautiful climate and vegetation, beaming with an energetic and creative youth population.

“We must not also forget that what lies ahead of us as a nation is better than whatever we must have experienced in the past.

READ ALSO: Oyetola promises completion of ongoing projects

With general elections around the corner and heightened political activities across the country, I have charged our security and law enforcement agencies to secure the sanctity of the ballot box and ensure that the outcome of the polls reflects the will of the Nigerian people.”

He President reiterated his commitment to free and fair elections next year.

Buhari said, “My avowed commitment to free, fair, credible and violence-free polls is not a ruse or yet another vain political promise. My word is my bond.

“It is a sworn declaration on the advancement of Nigeria, the future and safety of our young and unborn generations.

“Let us tell the world that, indeed, ‘‘something good’’ can come out from Nigeria. And it will happen, as we all team up to make it happen.

Merry Christmas!”

https://all-gists..com/2018/12/buhari-promises-better-times-in-christmas-message.html

Re: Buhari Promises Better Times In Christmas Message by tsephanyah(f): 12:49pm On Dec 24, 2018
All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth.

-a meth head, or probably the fake jews, children of hate or the AKA criminals of Nigeria
Re: Buhari Promises Better Times In Christmas Message by Samade7: 12:51pm On Dec 24, 2018
ok
Re: Buhari Promises Better Times In Christmas Message by deji68: 1:08pm On Dec 24, 2018
This Baba na conman.... grin grin grin grin grin

Agricultural revolution has seen a vastly improved local production to the detriment of importation, while we have achieved surplus in our trade balance. Similarly, infrastructural deficit has been greatly reduced with significant improvements in roads, railways, aviation and power.
Re: Buhari Promises Better Times In Christmas Message by Rockyrascal(m): 1:41pm On Dec 24, 2018
I didn't read the long epistle but I know he will still talk about kwarupshion! undecided

(1) (Reply)

Atiku Begs Aisha To Reveal Identities Of ‘two Powerful People’ Frustrating Buhar / BREAKING: I Support Declaration Of State Of Emergency In Zamfara, Says Gov Yari / DSS Writes on National Security

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.