Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,749 members, 7,875,873 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:16 AM

Igbo Group Laments Over Osinbajo And Ajimobi - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Group Laments Over Osinbajo And Ajimobi (20171 Views)

2023: Govs Take Charge As Uncertainty Hovers Over Osinbajo, Tinubu / Tinubu’s Associates Split Over Osinbajo’s Alleged Presidential Bid / Uneasy Calm In APC Over Osinbajo’s Growing Support (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Group Laments Over Osinbajo And Ajimobi by zanogo(m): 12:59pm On Dec 25, 2018
Corrinthians:
Okay. Blood has been spilled and lessons have been learnt.

Give love to get love.

In the spirit of Christmas, I join the calls for the closure of this thread.

Cc: Lalasticlala, Seen, Dominique, Obinoscopy, Mynd44, OAM4J.

Merry Christmas to all Nairalanders.

#Exits and unfollows thread.
do not bow down to emotional blackmail, i have seen worse threads than this with an all out attack on the yorubas but nobody clamoured for the closure of such threads but when the thing is hitting our blodas they will be playing the pity card, every action deserves a reaction.

7 Likes

Re: Igbo Group Laments Over Osinbajo And Ajimobi by zanogo(m): 1:03pm On Dec 25, 2018
CHIDOHSKI:
I think the time is ripe for these never work marriage called Nigeria to collapse. Just take a look at the kind of insults useless and lazy youths who don't even know anything about Nigeria history are hauling at each others tribe. Yoruba miscreants are boasting of their superior army against the lbos. The question is this, is their army tested and proven, had Yoruba race fought a war against the world just as the Igbos did for 3years. Have they witness bombing before? Only the sound bomb explosion will send 2million Yoruba's into their early grave. Meanwhile Nairaland owner should start a serious campaign against hate speech in this very forum by removing the comment thread. So when u read you leave no thrash in the name of comments,because if care is not taken ethnic crisis may be instigated from this platform.
how many times have you cautioned your brothers always on the offensive against yorubas? but now, you are forming pope when you cant cope with the heat again

8 Likes

Re: Igbo Group Laments Over Osinbajo And Ajimobi by 35824L: 1:04pm On Dec 25, 2018
Yoruba pls don't give these ibo clowns the attention they crave for. They are looking to pin the blame of their collective stupidity on yoruba as if the entire country don't already know that stupidity runs in their blood.

9 Likes

Re: Igbo Group Laments Over Osinbajo And Ajimobi by Corrinthians(m): 1:09pm On Dec 25, 2018
zanogo:

do not bow down to emotional blackmail, i have seen worse threads than this with an all out attack on the yorubas but nobody clamoured for the closure of such threads but when the thing is hitting our blodas they will be playing the pity card, every action deserves a reaction.
I perfectly understand. That is why I said "in the spirit of Christmas... ". wink

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Group Laments Over Osinbajo And Ajimobi by supereagle(m): 1:13pm On Dec 25, 2018
Anigreat:

shocked

This one is consoling himself by chess beating.

If the igbos could face Nigeria army during the civil war, and the only weapon Nigeria army could used was stopping food from entering Biafra. Then who are the yorubas to face the igbos in war? Igbos will pulverised the tribe filled with cowards.

Most superior tribe indeed! Lol.... Cowards.... Cowards!

Rat poison drinkers!

You were not well informed about the history of Nigeria civil war, Yoruba officers handled the most difficult terrain of the war, " the Atlantic Theatre " Biafra bullets in your front, the Ocean behind, where will you run to? Yoruba officers handled the final battle that ended the war. Go and found out how the battle of Oron was won, go and found out how the Brass battle was won. Go and found out how they stopped Biafra at Ore. You call them cowards.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Group Laments Over Osinbajo And Ajimobi by Adefemiaderoju1: 1:14pm On Dec 25, 2018
Anigreat:

shocked

If the igbos could face Nigeria army during the civil war, and the only weapon Nigeria army could used was stopping food from entering Biafra. Then who are the yorubas to face the igbos in war? Igbos will pulverised the tribe filled with cowards.

Rat poison drinkers!

Ordinary python dance your people from the landlocked couldn't even stand them rubbish talk.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Group Laments Over Osinbajo And Ajimobi by Boyooosa(m): 1:14pm On Dec 25, 2018
Osagyefo98:

If you have noticed my post on nairaland. I concentrate my post on my first as far as it is in order. So going on to explain my view is to let u know how things work.

I never bring logic to it rather u did that's why I try over looking ur logic here.

Gracias eleim.
You will go far in life.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group Laments Over Osinbajo And Ajimobi by Corrinthians(m): 1:23pm On Dec 25, 2018
CHIDOHSKI:
I think the time is ripe for these never work marriage called Nigeria to collapse. Just take a look at the kind of insults useless and lazy youths who don't even know anything about Nigeria history are hauling at each others tribe. Yoruba miscreants are boasting of their superior army against the lbos. The question is this, is their army tested and proven, had Yoruba race fought a war against the world just as the Igbos did for 3years. Have they witness bombing before? Only the sound bomb explosion will send 2million Yoruba's into their early grave. Meanwhile Nairaland owner should start a serious campaign against hate speech in this very forum by removing the comment thread. So when u read you leave no thrash in the name of comments,because if care is not taken ethnic crisis may be instigated from this platform.
Christ! You're the most repugnant hypocrite on the face of the earth. You do exactly the same thing you accuse others of doing, right on the same post, and still had the nerve to call on the admin to do whatever.

You're a disgrace.

8 Likes

Re: Igbo Group Laments Over Osinbajo And Ajimobi by Guestlander: 1:27pm On Dec 25, 2018
Corrinthians:
Christ! You're the most repugnant hypocrite on the face of the earth. You do exactly the same thing you accuse others of doing, right on the same post, and still had the nerve to call on the admin to do whatever.

You're a disgrace.

I read his comment and just shook my head. So much hypocrisy in one post.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Group Laments Over Osinbajo And Ajimobi by Corrinthians(m): 1:33pm On Dec 25, 2018
Guestlander:

I read his comment and just shook my head. So much hypocrisy in one post.
I just couldn't believe my eyes. Can someone be so mentally and visually blind? Haba.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Group Laments Over Osinbajo And Ajimobi by Nobody: 1:38pm On Dec 25, 2018
Boyooosa:

You will go far in life.

Amen....brotherly.
Re: Igbo Group Laments Over Osinbajo And Ajimobi by Resener12(m): 1:41pm On Dec 25, 2018
Anigreat:

shocked

Rat poison drinkers!

Which igbos? Una get mind Na him coward ojukwu run or Na hin coward Kanu run?

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Group Laments Over Osinbajo And Ajimobi by drlateef: 1:49pm On Dec 25, 2018
How can the igbos eat their cake and have it? You want to vote for a thief and Obi the liar when you know they will not win. Yet you want APC to hand over the next president to you after Buhari when you never voted for APC? How foolish is that thinking?

9 Likes

Re: Igbo Group Laments Over Osinbajo And Ajimobi by Jahwinaboy(m): 1:49pm On Dec 25, 2018
ALL of you are correct. We are probably suffering from sins of the fathers.
Re: Igbo Group Laments Over Osinbajo And Ajimobi by Resener12(m): 2:00pm On Dec 25, 2018
CHIDOHSKI:
Are you mad? Which war did you face against the world?

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Group Laments Over Osinbajo And Ajimobi by Incredibleme: 2:22pm On Dec 25, 2018
Corrinthians:
Save yourselves the trouble. Get the fvck out the forum.

Nonsense.

You people hate everyone and expect love in return. Never worked that way, never will.
grin

Lol, why filled with so much hate bro?

Have a nice life though...

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Group Laments Over Osinbajo And Ajimobi by Nobody: 2:26pm On Dec 25, 2018
Ibos are the most stupid and unfortunate tribe in the world. See how they are shouting "hate speech" that the MOD should close the thread but it's not 'hate speech' when Obituary, Igbos, Nnamdi Cownu were hauling insults on Yoruba. It's not hate speech when Cownu ordered that Igbos should kill Yorubas in the East. It's not hate speech when Cownu ordered ibos to boycott Yorubas' businesses and places of worship.

You have pushed us to the wall and the palava you are seeing. Our gentility shouldn't be mistaken for timidity. We will pursue you and hack you down anywhere until the last drop of our blood.

11 Likes

Re: Igbo Group Laments Over Osinbajo And Ajimobi by AnyoneButAtiku: 2:27pm On Dec 25, 2018
ImperialYoruba:

Yoruba, the most Superior race on earth! grin

Nothing good comes out of promoting faux exceptionalism ImperialYoruba.
A tiger does not proclaim his tigritude, he pounces ~ Wole Soyinka.

P.S: more seriously now, neither the Yoruba nor the Ndigbo can be considered a 'race'.
Anyone who believes such tosh needs to be tied to the stakes!

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group Laments Over Osinbajo And Ajimobi by Jaideyone(m): 2:33pm On Dec 25, 2018
Anigreat:

shocked

Rat poison drinkers!

see this illiterate!!! the Romans, Vikings, french and the British are considered great tribes cos of their rich history of war and conquests.
Yorubas have a rich history of our war with Dahomey, fulanis and the Yoruba civil war. war is no big deal to us unlike ibos with o such records grin
the civil war is the first documented war of the ibos and you lost woefully grin

bring it on when you are ready. we will be waiting to teach you a bitter lesson

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Group Laments Over Osinbajo And Ajimobi by Jaideyone(m): 2:42pm On Dec 25, 2018
EVILFOREST:
Despite THEIR EXPOSURE, EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION and Background, I am still perplexed that a senior Advocate of Nigeria as well as a Senior Pastor of a leading Pentecostal Church could utter such.
It goes to show the LEVEL of CEREBRAL DECADENCE and TRIBALISM displayed by men , kids look up to.
In the midst of Gross Unemployment, Insecurity, Unpatriotism, Massacres, Tribalism and Divisiveness, this is what an acclaimed Man of God could campaign with.
Already Bargaining for 2023 with the useless present day leadership, rather than asking God for Wisdom.
If NIGERIA starts getting better from the 30th year of my statement, I will BURN my degree certificate.
illiterate

keep fooling yourself

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Group Laments Over Osinbajo And Ajimobi by bigdot1759(m): 2:46pm On Dec 25, 2018
SoNature:

Don't be fast to conclude
We shall know after 2019
na who dey endorse President for naija since 2007 ?.....
Re: Igbo Group Laments Over Osinbajo And Ajimobi by Odingo1: 2:46pm On Dec 25, 2018
Jaideyone:
see this illiterate!!! the Romans, Vikings, french and the British are considered great tribes cos of their rich history of war and conquests.
Yorubas have a rich history of our war with Dahomey, fulanis and the Yoruba civil war. war is no big deal to us unlike ibos with o such records grin
the civil war is the first documented war of the ibos and you lost woefully grin

bring it on when you are ready. we will be waiting to teach you a bitter lesson

See chest beating by tribe known to be notorious cowards.

Is it Dahomey women that conquered Yorubas or Fulanis that install emirs in Yorubaland that you are talking about.����

It took the Brittish and it allies of Russia, Egypt etc three years of support to defeat the Igbos during the Biafran war.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group Laments Over Osinbajo And Ajimobi by zinizta: 2:55pm On Dec 25, 2018
Hypocrisy... Nnamdi Kanu was praised for saying stuffs that were borderline hate and inciting his ethnic group to take up arms against their perceived enemies...

Igbo ppl shud be careful... hmmm.... Rwanda Loading

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Group Laments Over Osinbajo And Ajimobi by bigdot1759(m): 2:57pm On Dec 25, 2018
Odingo1:

Is it Dahomey women that conquered Yorubas or Fulanis that install emirs in Yorubaland that you are talking about.����

It took the Brittish and it allies of Russia, Egypt etc three years of support to defeat the Igbos during the Biafran war.
but simple statement from yoruba "stop exporting food to ur enemy" make u thre looser of the battle.......
So d war has nothing to do with British

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Group Laments Over Osinbajo And Ajimobi by Jaideyone(m): 3:11pm On Dec 25, 2018
Odingo1:

illiterate!!!
read and get yourself educated

The Amazon women or ‘N’Nonmiton‘ (which means our mothers) as they were called in Fon language, were even said to be stronger, more skilled and ruthless than the men of Dahomey. Jean Bayol, a French naval officer, who visited Abomey, the capital of Dahomey, in December 1889, said he watched how a young N’Nonmiton-to-be Dahomean girl named Nanisca, who had never had blood stains on her hands, killed a prisoner in cold blood; “she walked jauntily up to the prisoner, swung her sword three times with both hands, then calmly cut the last flesh that attached the head to the trunk[…] She then squeezed the blood off her weapon and swallowed it.” This indeed shows how brutal the Amazon women warriors were trained to be. But however, they were no match for the Large, well trained and equipped Egba army. The over 3000 Amazon women, under the command of the Dahomean king, Gelele the son of Gezo, were defeated again in 1864 when they attacked Abeokuta for the second time. Dahomey kingdom was then forced to sue for peace which thus ended the long time enmity between her and the Egba kingdom. It must be noted that this enmity between Egba and Dahomey had existed before 1851. According to oral history, in 1884, the Egbas, infuriated by the attacks on her communities by the Dahomeans, launched a surprise attack on Dahomey in which king Gezo was almost captured and his precious umbrella and sacred golden stool were seized.

After the war ended in 1864, the Egbas established their authorities on the disputed lands of Egbado, Ajase-Ipo and the port of Badagry. Also, the town of Ketu which assisted Dahomey during the war was attacked and destroyed by the victorious Egbas.

before you spew trash review your history. Dahomey lost!!!

the Yoruba intellectuals that defeated and made suya out of 3m of your people in 1967-1970 are still alive and they have successors grin

start the war when you are ready grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Group Laments Over Osinbajo And Ajimobi by ImperialYoruba: 3:15pm On Dec 25, 2018
zoedew:
May I disagree with you Sir!

1. What he is about is a political campaign and not a state function. At political campaigns such statements are not out of place as they are simply meant to garner votes from his kith and kin of the SW geopolitical zone. His choice of forum - The Palace Of The Alaafin Of Oyo - could not have been more ideal! The delivery was as incisive as the stroke of a fang! The other day when Donald Trump made “America for Americans” his campaign slogan he knew what he was talking about. He was by no means and all that stands to reason taken to be angling for ethnic or immigrant cleansing! The slogan got the votes!!

2. It is not hate speech either! Hate speech is defined as speech that attacks a person or group on the basis of attributes such as race, religion, ethnic origin, national origin, sex, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. His speech was not an attack against any person or group on the basis of race, religion, ethnic origin, national origin, sex, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity but an appeal to the race to which he belongs to do what he thinks is in their best interest. You may disagree with his views but cannot begrudge his choice of thought. He has not said citizen rights are to be made available on the basis of race, religion, ethnic origin, national origin, sex, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.

3. Strategy demands for you to meet your adversary stake-for-stake! The other day when Atiku was in the SE geopolitical zone to a well arranged and perfectly rendered “you are the SE geopolitical zone hope for a better future” hug of a lifetime by Pa Nwabueze no one screamed blue murder! For me, it was a plus for the Atiku Team as that picture speaks louder than a million voices amplified! It is sure to get the SE geopolitical zone votes for him!!! Osinbajo cannot be denied his turn at appealing to the primordial sentiments of his ethnic SW geopolitical zone. That would be unfair!

4. In any event, I see the Oyo event as an APC kite flown to take the eyes of the PDP off the real deal. PDP, the SE geopolitical zone and Atikulators would appear to have taken the bait as the Oyo event now has their attention as expected. They are red herring quarry!

5. All geopolitical zones must constantly keep in view that all politics is local which is why in politics there are no permanent relationships as local interests are paramount

5. Let the games continue!

grin grin
God bless you!

Yoruba, the most Superior race on earth!

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group Laments Over Osinbajo And Ajimobi by Btruth: 3:16pm On Dec 25, 2018
Osagyefo98:

Asking me that question shows you trying to be deceptive where as u know who started it all.

Your moniker is Btruth......Boldly say the truth.

Any igbo-yoruba r/ship this time is totally unhealthy and a risk to an igboman....
You certainly don't know......lol.

Don't worry, let me enjoy my Xmas. I will give you a link to the history someday.
Re: Igbo Group Laments Over Osinbajo And Ajimobi by ImperialYoruba: 3:26pm On Dec 25, 2018
zoedew:

Nairaland has published a disclaimer which puts commentators on notice they will be held accountable for their posts. That should be sufficient in the circumstances. In any event, this Forum gives the whole wide world a view of the innards of the commentators. Most posters don’t even know that you can be profiled by your comments on the internet - it’s a case of your fingers will find you out! Only the discerning know this.

Very true. Anonymity is finite! Threaten the security of President and see how quick anonymity evaporates.

Good advice bro!
Re: Igbo Group Laments Over Osinbajo And Ajimobi by operity1996: 3:27pm On Dec 25, 2018
let be careful of our comments on this thread. there are tendency this people that do abuse other tribe are not from south east.. I think they are just making fun out of it.... pls let shun tribal sentiment. if u don't like someone, that is ur opinion.. other may like d person..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Group Laments Over Osinbajo And Ajimobi by ImperialYoruba: 3:30pm On Dec 25, 2018
ndubueze92:
Use this opportunity offered to us by Christ on a platter of gold to purge yourself of this Olympian heights of stupidity upon you...Mercie

grin grin
Eze, merry christmas to you!
Re: Igbo Group Laments Over Osinbajo And Ajimobi by Obi1kenobi(m): 3:32pm On Dec 25, 2018
zoedew:
May I disagree with you Sir!

1. What he is about is a political campaign and not a state function. At political campaigns such statements are not out of place as they are simply meant to garner votes from his kith and kin of the SW geopolitical zone. His choice of forum - The Palace Of The Alaafin Of Oyo - could not have been more ideal! The delivery was as incisive as the stroke of a fang! The other day when Donald Trump made “America for Americans” his campaign slogan he knew what he was talking about. He was by no means and all that stands to reason taken to be angling for ethnic or immigrant cleansing! The slogan got the votes!!

2. It is not hate speech either! Hate speech is defined as speech that attacks a person or group on the basis of attributes such as race, religion, ethnic origin, national origin, sex, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. His speech was not an attack against any person or group on the basis of race, religion, ethnic origin, national origin, sex, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity but an appeal to the race to which he belongs to do what he thinks is in their best interest. You may disagree with his views but cannot begrudge his choice of thought. He has not said citizen rights are to be made available on the basis of race, religion, ethnic origin, national origin, sex, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.

3. Strategy demands for you to meet your adversary stake-for-stake! The other day when Atiku was in the SE geopolitical zone to a well arranged and perfectly rendered “you are the SE geopolitical zone hope for a better future” hug of a lifetime by Pa Nwabueze no one screamed blue murder! For me, it was a plus for the Atiku Team as that picture speaks louder than a million voices amplified! It is sure to get the SE geopolitical zone votes for him!!! Osinbajo cannot be denied his turn at appealing to the primordial sentiments of his ethnic SW geopolitical zone. That would be unfair!

4. In any event, I see the Oyo event as an APC kite flown to take the eyes of the PDP off the real deal. PDP, the SE geopolitical zone and Atikulators would appear to have taken the bait as the Oyo event now has their attention as expected. They are red herring quarry!

5. All geopolitical zones must constantly keep in view that all politics is local which is why in politics there are no permanent relationships as local interests are paramount

5. Let the games continue!

1) Agree
2) Agree
3) A very inapt comparison. The Vice President is an elected public servant who in that capacity, should be committed (at least openly) to serving the interests of all his subjects. Ben Nwabueze is a private citizen who represents Igbo socio-cultural organizations. Comparing the responsibilities of both is ridiculous.
4) I see no strategic value in that. Seems a simple case of invoking primordial sentiments before a favored audience.
5) Not sure the games are of any productive value to the Nigerian polity. Our politics need to mature beyond this.

It's one thing for people like Ajimobi and other South West governors or the likes of Tinubu or Afenifere members or Obas to say these things. But Federal office holders like Osibanjo and Fashola getting themselves involved in this crude primordial politics seems a betrayal of core ethics expected from those who represent us in the Federal executive.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group Laments Over Osinbajo And Ajimobi by ImperialYoruba: 3:44pm On Dec 25, 2018
CHIDOHSKI:

I will ask you same question I asked at beginning.

Yorubas are not known to just get up and attack others, but when attacked they leave no stone unturned in defense...they demolish their enemies completely. It is not a brag the records are in archives.

So who then will strike first in this your warning of a "ethnic crisis", is Ibo going to strike Yoruba?

Guy, watch yourself and watch your language.

My people are peaceloving. Please dont bring to us what we have not brought to you.

When you join in these frays leave those kind of talks about ethnic cleasing, ethnic crisis, behind. Please I beg you. Ok?

Ohanaeze need to address your population nationwide and help us plead to you guys to keep a clean tongue.

No talks about ethnic crisis. You hear bro?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Oluremi Omowaiye Birthday: Well-wishers Defy Rain, Celebrate Osun Commissioner / AFDB President Akinwunmi Adesina Celebrates 39th Wedding Anniversary / U.S. Institute Of Peace Confirms Aisha Buhari's Visit On Its Twitter & Facebook

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.